PDA

View Full Version : Who let this commie on the board

Gunny
06-08-2015, 02:39 PM
There doesn't seem to be an emoticom for punching someone right the fuck out.

Voted4Reagan
06-08-2015, 02:46 PM
http://images.zaazu.com/img/tko-boxing-boxer-athlete-smiley-emoticon-000579-large.gif

Gunny
06-08-2015, 03:00 PM
http://images.zaazu.com/img/tko-boxing-boxer-athlete-smiley-emoticon-000579-large.gif

Y'think? Obviously not a vet. Which means no getting out mommy's basement.

You hide behind bullshit laws but never have to pick up a weapon and use it. From Baltimore, are you? Loser?

And if you ain't a vet, get your sorry ass out of this thread and go find one of your own. Like "I'm a Pussy".

Gunny
06-08-2015, 03:06 PM
And you stupid fucking son of a bitch, I lost 2 Marines. What have you ever lost? A pair of sneakers?

I have to live with that every day.

Gunny
06-08-2015, 03:11 PM
I want to see your pussy, sorry wimpy ass walk up and tell your best friend's wife you got him killed. You can fuck off and die. And take that commie with you.

And ANY day you want to play in MY front yard ... it's open you fucking loser.

gabosaurus
06-08-2015, 03:22 PM
Y'think? Obviously not a vet. Which means no getting out mommy's basement.

You hide behind bullshit laws but never have to pick up a weapon and use it. From Baltimore, are you? Loser?

And if you ain't a vet, get your sorry ass out of this thread and go find one of your own. Like "I'm a Pussy".

Having a bad day today, Gunny?
Who are you to complain about who posts on this board and who doesn't? And when are you going to quit spewing that "I'm a vet, so therefore I am a far greater human being that you are" bullshit in every thread?
Serving in the armed forces earns you a lot of respect, but it doesn't make you better than anyone else. For the purposes of debate and discussion on this board, being a vet plus 10 bucks gets you a latte and a lemon square from Starbucks.
There are first responders on the street right now who put their lives at risk every day so that old frumps like you can spend your times bitching and complaining about how others are worthless because they never served in the military. So how about you give it a rest and stop complaining about others.

Kathianne
06-08-2015, 03:25 PM

I'm curious which commie you are ranting about.

Voted4Reagan
06-08-2015, 03:27 PM
And you stupid fucking son of a bitch, I lost 2 Marines. What have you ever lost? A pair of sneakers?

I have to live with that every day.

know what... that person was totally right when they told me...

"Gunny carries no weight here, I figure you know, but doesn't hurt to reiterate."

You really do carry no weight... You're just an angry person that is all bluff and blunder.

I'm fairly sure you're a Sock puppet.... I'll figure out whose.... eventually.

Kathianne
06-08-2015, 03:29 PM

"Gunny carries no weight here, I figure you know, but doesn't hurt to reiterate."

You really do carry no weight... You're just an angry person that is all bluff and blunder.

He is not a sock. Really.

Gunny
06-08-2015, 03:30 PM
Who are you to complain about who posts on this board and who doesn't? And when are you going to quit spewing that "I'm a vet, so therefore I am a far greater human being that you are" bullshit in every thread?
Serving in the armed forces earns you a lot of respect, but it doesn't make you better than anyone else. For the purposes of debate and discussion on this board, being a vet plus 10 bucks gets you a latte and a lemon square from Starbucks.
There are first responders on the street right now who put their lives at risk every day so that old frumps like you can spend your times bitching and complaining about how others are worthless because they never served in the military. So how about you give it a rest and stop complaining about others.

I have PTSD. I haven't slept right since 1991. I gave the order that got my best friend killed. You need any more fucking answers?

Oh, and I understand the first responders. I was one.

And I got news for you worthless ASSHOLE, i PUT 21 YEARS IN. What have you ever done?

Voted4Reagan
06-08-2015, 03:30 PM

Gabby... My Dad served in the corp before Gunny was even born. He'd laugh at the way Gunny carries on.

I admire anyones service to this country... but Gunny acts like no Marine I ever met.

He's just a pissed off dude yelling at kids to get off his lawn.

gabosaurus
06-08-2015, 03:39 PM
I have PTSD. I haven't slept right since 1991. I gave the order that got my best friend killed. You need any more fucking answers?

And I got news for you worthless ASSHOLE, i PUT 21 YEARS IN. What have you ever done?

Dude, you need counseling. And treatment.
Shit happens in combat. I am guessing you saved a lot more men than you ever lost. That is what good leaders are for. That is why leaders are chosen. Part of the hell of wars is that not everyone who fights them survives.
You put in 21 good years. Obviously you were a good leader or you wouldn't have lasted that long. How many orders did you give that saved lives? How many men are still walking the earth because of things you did?
You are no longer there. Let it go.
Stop blaming yourself. And stop blaming others. P

Gunny
06-08-2015, 04:09 PM
Gabby... My Dad served in the corp before Gunny was even born. He'd laugh at the way Gunny carries on.

I admire anyones service to this country... but Gunny acts like no Marine I ever met.

He's just a pissed off dude yelling at kids to get off his lawn.

No he wouldn't. I'm just one that tells the truth. I try to do it the best I can. We're hardasses from the word go. I can't explain it in accurate terms. I can only explain how I feel, as a Marine and and leader. I wouldn't hesitate to carry out my mission.

But every one of those Marines you are responsible for are the toughest SOB's and Earth and they die to make sure their brothers live. Now, be the one in charge. I'm responsible.

If you think you can live with that, you got no soul.

aboutime
06-08-2015, 04:15 PM

Sorry GUNNY....That's the end of your BS here. REAL MARINES know how to stay quiet.
Your story just flunked you. That PTSD crap coming from you...You just lost any support from me at all.
I WAS THERE IN 1990-91. And had a personal attack while in Fleet Hospital 5. Ever heard of that?
And I also was there when a MARINE PILOT in a Harrier....didn't make it back to the ship.
So...anyone who falls for this crap from Gunny?
Too bad. You are in the wrong place gunny. No matter how GUNG HO you try to sound. I ain't buyin' it.

Gunny
06-08-2015, 04:29 PM
Sorry GUNNY....That's the end of your BS here. REAL MARINES know how to stay quiet.
Your story just flunked you. That PTSD crap coming from you...You just lost any support from me at all.
I WAS THERE IN 1990-91. And had a personal attack while in Fleet Hospital 5. Ever heard of that?
And I also was there when a MARINE PILOT in a Harrier....didn't make it back to the ship.
Too bad. You are in the wrong place gunny. No matter how GUNG HO you try to sound. I ain't buyin' it.

Yeah? Got an ID card and DD21 says your wrong.

I'm trying to explain to these asswipres what it's like and I'll give this one up ... I don't know how.

Good thing I read the rest of your shit. You were a Corpmman and a Harrier pilot? Not in this world.

Try again and I'll shut you right the fuck down. You're a fraud. So pick one ... corpsman or harrier pilot? Oh yeah, since Marins. not sqquids fly the Harriers.

Get your lies in order.

aboutime
06-08-2015, 04:34 PM

I'm trying to explain to these asswipres what it's like and I'll give this one up ... I don't know how.

Good thing I read the rest of your shit. You were a Corpmman and a Harrier pilot? Not in this world.

Try again and I'll shut you right the fuck down. You're a fraud. So pick one ... corpsman or harrier pilot? Oh yeah, since Marins. not sqquids fly the Harriers.

Get your lies in order.

Never mind Gunny. Read what I said again. Your sounding like the rev here. I never said I was a Doc, nor a pilot. DID I SAY THAT? If so. Please tell me where, and how. Then we'll all know.
I spent five days in FLEET HOSPITAL 5, in the Sand, for my spinal injury, and we had a SCUD attack. And we watched one of our MARINE PILOTS go down into the beach while offshore on the ship.
Does that make me a Corpsman, or a Pilot?
You want to shut anybody down. You should start with yourself.
I am challenging your claims, like you think YOU WERE THE ONLY PERSON THERE???

Gunny
06-08-2015, 04:35 PM

Oh, and I was on the USS Okinawa for 368 days. It's on my IDR and my DD214. We were on our way home and they turned us around.

Gunny
06-08-2015, 04:46 PM
Never mind Gunny. Read what I said again. Your sounding like the rev here. I never said I was a Doc, nor a pilot. DID I SAY THAT? If so. Please tell me where, and how. Then we'll all know.
I spent five days in FLEET HOSPITAL 5, in the Sand, for my spinal injury, and we had a SCUD attack. And we watched one of our MARINE PILOTS go down into the beach while offshore on the ship.
Does that make me a Corpsman, or a Pilot?
You want to shut anybody down. You should start with yourself.
I am challenging your claims, like you think YOU WERE THE ONLY PERSON THERE???

In other words you're a piece of shit because someone disagrees with your closed-minded ass? And you want to deflect by questioning their credibility because you have no real argument.

That about sums it up doesn't it?

You're a whiney-ass piece of shit that can never be wrong. Even if you're wrong. Oh yeah, redundant = you.

The only thing you ever claimed to be was a comm geek on a boat. Well that makes you not important.

Gunny
06-08-2015, 04:53 PM
Dude, you need counseling. And treatment.
Shit happens in combat. I am guessing you saved a lot more men than you ever lost. That is what good leaders are for. That is why leaders are chosen. Part of the hell of wars is that not everyone who fights them survives.
You put in 21 good years. Obviously you were a good leader or you wouldn't have lasted that long. How many orders did you give that saved lives? How many men are still walking the earth because of things you did?
You are no longer there. Let it go.
Stop blaming yourself. And stop blaming others. P

The reason I believe in telling people about it, regardless anyone's idea of Marines" is we have to live with this. And everyone pretends it doesn't exist. I'm sorry I opened my mouth.

Fuck y'all. Want to play? I'll destroy your punk ass asses. Being weak in the area of the area of God doesn't make you weak on a battlefield.

aboutime
06-08-2015, 05:04 PM
In other words you're a piece of shit because someone disagrees with your closed-minded ass? And you want to deflect by questioning their credibility because you have no real argument.

That about sums it up doesn't it?

You're a whiney-ass piece of shit that can never be wrong. Even if you're wrong. Oh yeah, redundant = you.

The only thing you ever claimed to be was a comm geek on a boat. Well that makes you not important.

If you say so. I'm a piece of shit. Does that make anything different? Call me all the names you like. My MARINE CORPS son knows what kind of people He, and I have been in contact with Gunny. I feel strange wishing you SEMPER FI, because it seems..you want to be the only one who's ever experienced any tragedy in your life. And, I'm here to tell you. You can make all the claims, call all the names, and threats you want.
Honestly. I feel sorry that you have decided to be so angry at everyone. And making the PTSD excuses here, just isn't gonna fly.
YOU are not the only person who has, or hasn't experienced lousy things in life. So, until you begin to understand that. I cannot bring myself to have any confidence, or trust in you as a Fellow Veteran.
END OF TRANSMISSION....BT AR.

Voted4Reagan
06-08-2015, 05:11 PM
No he wouldn't. I'm just one that tells the truth. I try to do it the best I can. We're hardasses from the word go. I can't explain it in accurate terms. I can only explain how I feel, as a Marine and and leader. I wouldn't hesitate to carry out my mission.

But every one of those Marines you are responsible for are the toughest SOB's and Earth and they die to make sure their brothers live. Now, be the one in charge. I'm responsible.

If you think you can live with that, you got no soul.

My father WAS the one in charge... He was a Full Colonel. He lost men under his command, he made the hard choices. He carried out his mission and made sure that as many of his men came home as possible.

I grew up in a Marine family, I knew what Semper Fi meant before I was in Kindergarten. I respect the sacrifices of every man and woman that has been a member of the Corps. But I will not tolerate someone that bellyaches about how tough they had it versus everyone else. You're a Marine... Do what Marines do best. IMPROVISE, OVERCOME, ADAPT, SUCCEED.

Don't act like a pissed off old man yelling at kids to get off his lawn. Act with the dignity that those Dress Blues represent.

I've respected the Marines my entire life. My Father is a Marine, my Godfather is a Marine, My Uncle was a Marine.

Time for you to ACT LIKE A MARINE. Suck it up and quit your bellyaching. It's getting tired and you damn sure wouldn't have done it on Paris Island or wherever you did your Basic.

Voted4Reagan
06-08-2015, 05:18 PM
Oh.. Here is a Picture of my Fathers Ship....

I believe you'll recognize it....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/53/USS_Boxer_HN-SN-98-07246.jpg/800px-USS_Boxer_HN-SN-98-07246.jpg

Gunny
06-08-2015, 05:19 PM
If you say so. I'm a piece of shit. Does that make anything different? Call me all the names you like. My MARINE CORPS son knows what kind of people He, and I have been in contact with Gunny. I feel strange wishing you SEMPER FI, because it seems..you want to be the only one who's ever experienced any tragedy in your life. And, I'm here to tell you. You can make all the claims, call all the names, and threats you want.
Honestly. I feel sorry that you have decided to be so angry at everyone. And making the PTSD excuses here, just isn't gonna fly.
YOU are not the only person who has, or hasn't experienced lousy things in life. So, until you begin to understand that. I cannot bring myself to have any confidence, or trust in you as a Fellow Veteran.
END OF TRANSMISSION....BT AR.

I'd suggest you don't screw with me.

And I'll rip your fucking head of. And if yo think I can't, put down the comic books.

You sit here like little bitches but you ignore the communist fuck on the board. But call yourselves american. Let's see -- I'm against an American with an opinion - you know that thing the Constitution guarantees -- that you end all your time jumping on?

Yet you're from the Cold War and say nothing about the faggot commie?

You're EVERYTHING wrong with this country.

And your sorry ass can kiss mine if you think you want to prove I'm not a Marine. I'll kill you and your pussy ass won't have time to even take a breath.

Let's play, little girly-ass bitch.

aboutime
06-08-2015, 05:25 PM
I'd suggest you don't screw with me.

And I'll rip your fucking head of. And if yo think I can't, put down the comic books.

You sit here like little bitches but you ignore the communist fuck on the board. But call yourselves american. Let's see -- I'm against an American with an opinion - you know that thing the Constitution guarantees -- that you end all your time jumping on?

Yet you're from the Cold War and say nothing about the faggot commie?

You're EVERYTHING wrong with this country.

And your sorry ass can kiss mine if you think you want to prove I'm not a Marine. I'll kill you and your pussy ass won't have time to even take a breath.

Let's play, little girly-ass bitch.

Right you are gunny. Ain't gonna do any such thing. I have no need to prove anything here.

Drummond
06-08-2015, 05:26 PM
H'm.

When I saw the thread title, I thought it'd maybe be an opportunity to combat something that had been posted by a hardline Leftie-type. That one was being taken to task as a much-deserved exercise in decency. Or, something more generalised, deserving the proper reputable comments.

What I instead see is a bunch of 'sounding off' posts that surely properly belong in The Cage.

I'm not willing to judge any of this .. I don't see how I'm qualified to. I freely 'admit' (if it's a question of admission) that I have no personal experience at all of military life. I never served in that capacity. So the experiences, and their effects on people, that happen .. are beyond my imagination, and comprehension.

With all due respect, I can only say that I don't see the point of these exchanges. Adversarial stuff based on fundamental philosophical disagreements, or more, that's surely fair enough. Adversarial messages just for the working-out of feelings of anger, resentment, whatever ... what's achieved ?

I suggest that this thread be consigned to The Cage, if these exchanges are going to continue.

Gunny
06-08-2015, 05:29 PM
Right you are gunny. Ain't gonna do any such thing. I have no need to prove anything here.

Apparantly you do. No one questions who I am.

You on the other hand ...

Not so much

Voted4Reagan
06-08-2015, 05:31 PM

My old friend... He carries no weight here... lets just ignore his rants from now on.

Lets not stoop to name calling and profanity.

If it comes from anyone... let it come from Gunny.

aboutime
06-08-2015, 05:33 PM
My old friend... He carries no weight here... lets just ignore his rants from now on.

Lets not stoop to name calling and profanity.

If it comes from anyone... let it come from Gunny.

I agree. And, NOT ONCE did I stoop to the name calling, or the profanity. That's probably what he wanted.

Voted4Reagan
06-08-2015, 05:36 PM
I agree. And, NOT ONCE did I stoop to the name calling, or the profanity. That's probably what he wanted.

My Father taught me that a Marine doesn't demand respect... he EARNS it.

indago
06-08-2015, 05:51 PM
H'm.

When I saw the thread title, I thought it'd maybe be an opportunity to combat something that had been posted by a hardline Leftie-type. That one was being taken to task as a much-deserved exercise in decency. Or, something more generalised, deserving the proper reputable comments.

What I instead see is a bunch of 'sounding off' posts that surely properly belong in The Cage.

Yes, right HERE (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?49744-The-aboutime-and-Gunny-Snivel-Thread&p=735589#post735589)

Elessar
06-08-2015, 05:55 PM

37 here, Gunny.

Breathe and take time. I mean no harm or disrespect.

Climb down off your pedestal....You are only impressing yourself.
You ain't gonna rip off anyone's head. Not mine anyway.

Take a break...you are making a fool of yourself.

I feel your anxiousness...:salute:

Elessar
06-08-2015, 05:56 PM

That is pretty stupid....

indago
06-08-2015, 05:57 PM
Who let this commie on the board

So, what are you going to do about it, asshole?

Voted4Reagan
06-08-2015, 06:01 PM
That is pretty stupid....

If Gunny wants respect he can earn it by acting with the same respect he demands.

Elessar
06-08-2015, 06:25 PM
So, what are you going to do about it, asshole?

Nice mouth...just keep Gunny ranting you idiot.

Elessar
06-08-2015, 06:27 PM
If Gunny wants respect he can earn it by acting with the same respect he demands.

True...just don't inflame...that shows ignorance.

The man deserves respect, but had better learn to give it....as a True Marine and Vet

Voted4Reagan
06-08-2015, 07:02 PM
True...just don't inflame...that shows ignorance.

The man deserves respect, but had better learn to give it....as a True Marine and Vet

He started with me... I responded to his attack... I want Gunny to show WHY he has attacked me at every turn since I came back after a year off. I want to see what I ever did to him... because I dont ever remember coming down on him before. His attacks on me are unprovoked and undeserved.

But don't start a fight and retreat behind your disabilities. Dont call me names and then cry about PTSD and your service to your country and the Marines.

I have always stood by the Military. I always will. But if someone attacks me I will attack back.

You show me where I started with Gunny.... go ahead... He started it and I responded in kind. Without the name calling and profanity.

so ... show me where i ATTACKED HIM FIRST...

Kathianne
06-08-2015, 07:43 PM
Thread moved to appropriate forum.

I understood what AT was saying about helo and ship. I don't always follow his train of thought, but wasn't hard in this case.

I've never doubted either Gunny's or AT's service.

Noir
06-08-2015, 08:05 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7289&stc=1

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-08-2015, 08:21 PM
Thread moved to appropriate forum.

I understood what AT was saying about helo and ship. I don't always follow his train of thought, but wasn't hard in this case.

I've never doubted either Gunny's or AT's service.
I have no doubt that both men served honorably.', none whatsoever...
Gunny has anger control issues as do I. Rather than jump on him I eventually saw he and I share that same affliction. Yet his combat experiences aggravated his and he has to deal with that. I was lucky to not have such a trying ordeal added to mine.
Myself, being so close to the issue, I think some understanding would perhaps go a long way....
However, thats up to each person that may respond, not my call except in my own case.----Tyr

tailfins
06-08-2015, 08:32 PM
I have no doubt that both men served honorably.', none whatsoever...
Gunny has anger control issues as do I. Rather than jump on him I eventually saw he and I share that same affliction. Yet his combat experiences aggravated his and he has to deal with that. I was lucky to not have such a trying ordeal added to mine.
Myself, being so close to the issue, I think some understanding would perhaps go a long way....
However, thats up to each person that may respond, not my call except in my own case.----Tyr

I just wish I knew WHICH Communist he is talking about. :dunno:

Drummond
06-08-2015, 08:38 PM

Since this thread is now in the Steel Cage, perhaps, Noir, your contribution is a little more 'fitting' than it would be otherwise.

But I don't approve of, or agree with, what you've posted.

I think you're in the same position as me, namely, you LACK personal experience of military service. Am I right ?

Given this -- there's a judgmentality in your offering that I think is inappropriate. I very much doubt that you have the necessary insight to be qualified to judge what we've seen here. You show disrespect for pressures and experiences you are not equipped to properly perceive.

Tell me I'm wrong and that you've known military service, and maybe I'll think again. If not, then my words stand.

Kathianne
06-08-2015, 08:44 PM

After reading a bit, I'm assuming Balu?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-08-2015, 08:50 PM
Methinks it is Balu that he speaks of.. as the other Russian has seemed to have vanished lately .....---Tyr

aboutime
06-08-2015, 09:05 PM
My apologies to all who responded to this fracas today. I may have been out of order, or out of line to some. But as a veteran. Not anybody special, just a veteran who has had life experiences like millions of other veterans. I get offended as a VETERAN when someone tries...as I believe I noticed, that someone who is angry, and feels a need to...as some might see it...constantly brag, while daring Non Veterans to compare themselves to Veterans.
Marines, of all stripes, from the lowest Private, to the Corps Commanding General.., have been taught...YOU NEVER WEAR YOUR PROBLEMS ON YOUR SLEEVE, or demand anyone offer you Higher Respect...because you feel superior in any way.
Even as a sailor, and the father of a MARINE. I find it very disheartening to hear ANY MARINE demand anything, other than to be called an American. MARINES I know, and have known over my thirty years in the military. ARE STRONGER than we common folk. They are SPECIAL people because they are MARINES. But They Lose their right, and special attention when they Personally, and Intentionally destroy the respect they should get, without earning a SEMPER FI as a mutual sign of respect.
In this case. I cannot, and will not offer such a sign of respect to someone who has abused their personal status, by bragging, or degrading other Human Beings with slurs, threats, or disgusting street language, normally only found in Bars, or on the fields of battle.
Lastly. There is far too much STOLEN HONOR taking place every day around this nation. And actions that I experienced today instantly reminded me of such STOLEN VALOR.
I hope I am wrong. But I swear by GOD...I will not allow anyone to convince me they are anything BUT honest about their service to our nation. BRAGGING and the claims of PTSD...simply do not A MARINE MAKE.

Gunny
06-08-2015, 11:45 PM
If Marines didn't care, Your ass would be dead.

We don't need you, punk. But you have to have us.

Gunny
06-08-2015, 11:54 PM
My apologies to all who responded to this fracas today. I may have been out of order, or out of line to some. But as a veteran. Not anybody special, just a veteran who has had life experiences like millions of other veterans. I get offended as a VETERAN when someone tries...as I believe I noticed, that someone who is angry, and feels a need to...as some might see it...constantly brag, while daring Non Veterans to compare themselves to Veterans.
Marines, of all stripes, from the lowest Private, to the Corps Commanding General.., have been taught...YOU NEVER WEAR YOUR PROBLEMS ON YOUR SLEEVE, or demand anyone offer you Higher Respect...because you feel superior in any way.
Even as a sailor, and the father of a MARINE. I find it very disheartening to hear ANY MARINE demand anything, other than to be called an American. MARINES I know, and have known over my thirty years in the military. ARE STRONGER than we common folk. They are SPECIAL people because they are MARINES. But They Lose their right, and special attention when they Personally, and Intentionally destroy the respect they should get, without earning a SEMPER FI as a mutual sign of respect.
In this case. I cannot, and will not offer such a sign of respect to someone who has abused their personal status, by bragging, or degrading other Human Beings with slurs, threats, or disgusting street language, normally only found in Bars, or on the fields of battle.
Lastly. There is far too much STOLEN HONOR taking place every day around this nation. And actions that I experienced today instantly reminded me of such STOLEN VALOR.
I hope I am wrong. But I swear by GOD...I will not allow anyone to convince me they are anything BUT honest about their service to our nation. BRAGGING and the claims of PTSD...simply do not A MARINE MAKE.

The only difference between you and the left winger fascists you talk shit about is who you vote for.

indago
06-09-2015, 06:09 AM
If Marines didn't care, Your ass would be dead.

We don't need you, punk. But you have to have us.

Here's a marine...

From The New York Times 9 November 1997:
------------------------------------------------------------------
A marine who was believed to have killed himself in a fire three years ago has resurfaced in a Utah town after being identified from a fingerprint when he was arrested on charges of raping a child. ...At the time, Sergeant Bennett was facing a court-martial at the Marine Corps Air Station in Yuma, Ariz., on charges of child molestation.

article (http://www.nytimes.com/1997/11/09/us/man-believed-dead-is-held-in-child-s-rape.html)

indago
06-09-2015, 06:20 AM
More Marines (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haditha_killings)

The Haditha killings (also called the Haditha massacre or the Haditha incident) refers to the incident in which 24 unarmed Iraqi men, women and children, all civilians,[1][2] were killed by a group of United States Marines on November 19, 2005 in Haditha, a city in the western Iraqi province of Al Anbar. The dead included several children and elderly people, who were shot multiple times at close range while unarmed.

Gunny
06-09-2015, 11:59 AM
My father WAS the one in charge... He was a Full Colonel. He lost men under his command, he made the hard choices. He carried out his mission and made sure that as many of his men came home as possible.

I grew up in a Marine family, I knew what Semper Fi meant before I was in Kindergarten. I respect the sacrifices of every man and woman that has been a member of the Corps. But I will not tolerate someone that bellyaches about how tough they had it versus everyone else. You're a Marine... Do what Marines do best. IMPROVISE, OVERCOME, ADAPT, SUCCEED.

Don't act like a pissed off old man yelling at kids to get off his lawn. Act with the dignity that those Dress Blues represent.

I've respected the Marines my entire life. My Father is a Marine, my Godfather is a Marine, My Uncle was a Marine.

Time for you to ACT LIKE A MARINE. Suck it up and quit your bellyaching. It's getting tired and you damn sure wouldn't have done it on Paris Island or wherever you did your Basic.

I do act like a Marine, Junior. The difference is the only way to express yourself on the internet is with words.

Time for me to act like a Marine, huh? What would YOU know about it? The fact is, no matter how much screaming eagle John Wayne bullshit you want to lay on us we ALL care or we wouldn't be Marines.

Here's hard Corps for you, asshole ... I get up in the morning and take 1200 mg of ibuprofin. Three times a day. Then I put on an ankle brace and a knee brace just so I can walk through the house. I can't hold a job anymore because I can't hump up and down ladders anymore and I can't sit down for too long. I need my knee and my hip replaced and both ankles fused. ALL because I was a Marine. Yet for some reason, I sit here and try to explain myself to morons like YOU. Guess I'm bored.

I haven't gone whining to the VA nor Social Security; which, I could easily do because there are people that need it more than I and I've been MORE than pig-headed about it.

There IS truth in one thing people say ... try to tell the truth and some dickhead will come along and try to take advantage and use it as a weapon. I can STILL kick anyone's ass in a half a heart beat. I just can't pop right up the next day and be good to go. So I have to measure whether you're worth two weeks of recovery.

And, I'd do it all again. I had so much fun in my day. It was worth it. But everything comes with a price and it's not just some wrote shit like you're spewing.

Your dad was a Col? Good for him. You can make Major being a dumbass ring-knocker but you have to work at Col. And you don't get past Col until you kiss ass and play politics. So, instead of questioning ME, maybe you ought to have a chat with your dad. An honest one. The people I knew that made Col and never got further were people that drew a line and stood by their convictions rather than kiss some ass.

And just maybe you need to quit looking at your dad through kid's eyes. My daughter still thinks I'm this Marine Corps monster than could bench press 350 at lunch and haul ass after work to karate class.

So why don't you take what you think is up and shove it up your ass? The fact is you side with a miserable, simpleton SOB who couldn't fight his way out of cleaning dishes in the wardroom. You let ONE miserable POS hold this board down. No one wants to come here because of him.

Oh and you know how you can tell a fraud? They always question someone else's service.

Gunny
06-09-2015, 12:26 PM
Here's a marine...

From The New York Times 9 November 1997:
A marine who was believed to have killed himself in a fire three years ago has resurfaced in a Utah town after being identified from a fingerprint when he was arrested on charges of raping a child. ...At the time, Sergeant Bennett was facing a court-martial at the Marine Corps Air Station in Yuma, Ariz., on charges of child molestation.

article (http://www.nytimes.com/1997/11/09/us/man-believed-dead-is-held-in-child-s-rape.html)

You, and your little boyfriend, can take what you slimy fucking civilians think about Marines and shove it up your asses. You want a Marine? Come get some motherfuckers. I'll give your lame, fat, lying on mommie's couch an address.

Caring about people and fucking up worthless assholes are two different things. And worthless assholes don't equate to people in need. It's just Darwinism. Come get some.

aboutime
06-09-2015, 12:56 PM
I do act like a Marine, Junior. The difference is the only way to express yourself on the internet is with words.

Time for me to act like a Marine, huh? What would YOU know about it? The fact is, no matter how much screaming eagle John Wayne bullshit you want to lay on us we ALL care or we wouldn't be Marines.

Here's hard Corps for you, asshole ... I get up in the morning and take 1200 mg of ibuprofin. Three times a day. Then I put on an ankle brace and a knee brace just so I can walk through the house. I can't hold a job anymore because I can't hump up and down ladders anymore and I can't sit down for too long. I need my knee and my hip replaced and both ankles fused. ALL because I was a Marine. Yet for some reason, I sit here and try to explain myself to morons like YOU. Guess I'm bored.

I haven't gone whining to the VA nor Social Security; which, I could easily do because there are people that need it more than I and I've been MORE than pig-headed about it.

There IS truth in one thing people say ... try to tell the truth and some dickhead will come along and try to take advantage and use it as a weapon. I can STILL kick anyone's ass in a half a heart beat. I just can't pop right up the next day and be good to go. So I have to measure whether you're worth two weeks of recovery.

And, I'd do it all again. I had so much fun in my day. It was worth it. But everything comes with a price and it's not just some wrote shit like you're spewing.

Your dad was a Col? Good for him. You can make Major being a dumbass ring-knocker but you have to work at Col. And you don't get past Col until you kiss ass and play politics. So, instead of questioning ME, maybe you ought to have a chat with your dad. An honest one. The people I knew that made Col and never got further were people that drew a line and stood by their convictions rather than kiss some ass.

And just maybe you need to quit looking at your dad through kid's eyes. My daughter still thinks I'm this Marine Corps monster than could bench press 350 at lunch and haul ass after work to karate class.

So why don't you take what you think is up and shove it up your ass? The fact is you side with a miserable, simpleton SOB who couldn't fight his way out of cleaning dishes in the wardroom. You let ONE miserable POS hold this board down. No one wants to come here because of him.

Oh and you know how you can tell a fraud? They always question someone else's service.

Gunny. We are not questioning your service. But I am not impressed by ANY VETERAN, and I've known thousands of them who did much more than you claim to have doyne...who have never felt the need to BRAG as much as you do here. You want to call me a fraud. Go for it. I have no reason to lie to anyone here. And, as for you NOT USING THE VA, OR SOCIAL SECURITY. That's not impressive, saying others need it more than you. I see that...much like I have seen many others who DID NOT QUALIFY for those services for precisely THE SAME ATTITUDES YOU BRING HERE.
So, you can use all the name calling, threats, and phony BLUNDER you like here. Promising to kick anybody's butt only makes you a Bully. And I...as a 30 Year veteran of the Vietnam years, and the 1st GULF WAR like you. Am not impressed with anything you brag about, complain about, or swear like a child about here.
Logical, thinking Veterans who have PTSD..(and yes. My Navy Docs have told me I also experience it), seek the help they need, and WILL GET...for the asking.
So, climb down off of your self-proclaimed Hero pedestal, and join the rest of us in REALITY that doesn't include making us feel sorry for you MARINE. You, if you are a Marine. Should know better.

Elessar
06-09-2015, 05:22 PM

Get your lies in order.

That is a DD-214....now I am beginning to question your mouth and 'bravado'...

You run your suck a lot, unlike any Gunny's I met in RL.....No Respect, Honor, or Manners....

Elessar
06-09-2015, 05:25 PM

You are so right....*hand Salute*

Elessar
06-09-2015, 05:27 PM

You are over your head in here Kid.

Voted4Reagan
06-09-2015, 05:53 PM

I didn't question your service... Just your bellyaching which you continue to do...

You saw your best friend get killed? That truly is horrible.

Here's a little background .... I saw 3000 people die in front of me at a range of a couple hundred yards. I saw them jump from windows a thousand feet up when they chose to do so rather than burn to death. I collected bodies and body parts for days in a pit in lower Manhattan. I had friends up in those buildings and they never made it home.

Yes Gunny... I was a First responder on that day almost 14 years ago.

Do I bitch about it? NO
Do I complain about physical infirmities incurred in the effort to find people? NO
Do I scream and yell at people for no reason at all on the internet? NO
Do I feel the need to use insults and profanity to try and intimidate people? NO
Do I bitch about having PTSD and blame my behavioral problems on it? NO

I have seen more people die screaming than you ever will. So don't you DARE think that you're the only one that has suffered a traumatic loss.

You insulted my Father... a fellow Marine. a man that served honorably for more than two decades. You insulted him for no other reason than to try and get me to stoop you your level. No Marine puts down his brothers like that unless they have dishonored themselves and the Corps. My Father did neither.

You on the other hand do not act like any Marine I ever met. and I have met many.

Grow up... suck it up and attack you physical and Mental problems like you would an enemy that is attacking you. Stop whining and complaining about how bad you have it or that the loss of people you served with is greater than any one else.

I commend you for serving your country and defending the freedoms we enjoy.

I criticize you because you use it as an excuse.

Seek help... the VA is a good place to start...

Elessar
06-09-2015, 06:57 PM
I didn't question your service... Just your bellyaching which you continue to do...

You saw your best friend get killed? That truly is horrible.

Here's a little background .... I saw 3000 people die in front of me at a range of a couple hundred yards. I saw them jump from windows a thousand feet up when they chose to do so rather than burn to death. I collected bodies and body parts for days in a pit in lower Manhattan. I had friends up in those buildings and they never made it home.

Yes Gunny... I was a First responder on that day almost 14 years ago.

Do I bitch about it? NO
Do I complain about physical infirmities incurred in the effort to find people? NO
Do I scream and yell at people for no reason at all on the internet? NO
Do I feel the need to use insults and profanity to try and intimidate people? NO
Do I bitch about having PTSD and blame my behavioral problems on it? NO

I have seen more people die screaming than you ever will. So don't you DARE think that you're the only one that has suffered a traumatic loss.

You insulted my Father... a fellow Marine. a man that served honorably for more than two decades. You insulted him for no other reason than to try and get me to stoop you your level. No Marine puts down his brothers like that unless they have dishonored themselves and the Corps. My Father did neither.

You on the other hand do not act like any Marine I ever met. and I have met many.

Grow up... suck it up and attack you physical and Mental problems like you would an enemy that is attacking you. Stop whining and complaining about how bad you have it or that the loss of people you served with is greater than any one else.

I commend you for serving your country and defending the freedoms we enjoy.

I criticize you because you use it as an excuse.

Seek help... the VA is a good place to start...

Well stated....I had friends that responded to the WTC.....fire department and police. I was stationed there in
the early 80's...

Gunny has got to grow up and stop insulting everyone.....and his 'tough guy' shit is amusing.

I've met many a Marine in my work...none talk like this one....and I doubt he is for real. Too much
mouth....No honor...No dignity....No manners...Just preaching how tough he thinks he is....

Voted4Reagan
06-09-2015, 07:29 PM
Well stated....I had friends that responded to the WTC.....fire department and police. I was stationed there in
the early 80's...

Gunny has got to grow up and stop insulting everyone.....and his 'tough guy' shit is amusing.

I've met many a Marine in my work...none talk like this one....and I doubt he is for real. Too much
mouth....No honor...No dignity....No manners...Just preaching how tough he thinks he is....

Marines are taught from Day #1 in Basic to Overcome Adversity... They are taught that those blues are a symbol of their honor.

So few are capable of completing Marine Basic.. it is the toughest there is. They are taught Discipline, Courtesy and Respect.

When Gunny starts to show it to others maybe he'll get some in return.

He's dug his foxhole.... and now he has to sleep in it.

indago
06-09-2015, 09:32 PM
Marines are taught from Day #1 in Basic to Overcome Adversity... They are taught that those blues are a symbol of their honor.

So few are capable of completing Marine Basic.. it is the toughest there is. They are taught Discipline, Courtesy and Respect.

Some can handle being a marine, and some can't...

Jeff
06-10-2015, 07:08 AM
You know this entire thread is disgusting.

I never served, nope not one day, so I don't have a right to condem how one man responds to tragedy. Have I seen tragedy yes, but it isn't the same, I didn't live it day in and day out with bullets flying over head. I see other Vets post and I respect there opinion, but here is my issue, we all know Gunny is a great guy, something tirggered him to go off here and then we have idiots just piling on because they can, that is truly sad. Now I am not saying Gunny is or isn't acting right, not my job to judge him, but how about instead of piling on just to piss him off, how about don't say anything at all and let it cool out. I believe Gunny is Vet no doubt, I believe he was ( and is ) one bad Marnie, but who are we to say how one should act, #1 most of us haven't been there and are going by the John Wayne movies, # 2 we all talk about America, we love it, what it has become , yup we all love our Country and the good old days, well if any of that is true again maybe we should just let Gunny get this out of his system and go back to being who we are.

I was born a few years shy of being able to be drafted for Vietnam, and honestly I am happy, I have heard nothing but horror stories. See I have a cousin that was there and my best friend ( and riding partner ) back in the day was also there, and my cousin was and is a tough guy, now my buddy he was as tough as nails, I would rate him as one of the toughest men I have ever met, but you know what, I have seen both of these men ( and yes I mean Men ) cry like little girls when talking of what they have seen, yes most of this talk would come when we where 3 sheets to the wind, but that told me that this subject was always on their minds and that was the only time they could allow their emotions to show. What I am getting at is everyone handles tragedy differently. It's not up to us to tell anyone how they should act, again if you are so upset at what you see, be a real man and don't read it. I am pointing fingers at no one, but I am hoping things will quiet down and we can go about our business here.

Have a great day.

Max R.
06-10-2015, 07:52 AM
Know thy enemy is an ancient maxim.

Better to confront them and reveal the mistakes in their beliefs. You obviously know young people tend to be very idealistic and are easily influenced with high concepts of Peace, Love, Dove. Especially when those ideas are espoused by articulate older people.

Of course, an older guy who still believes in Rainbows and Unicorns is usually an academic who is so out of touch with reality, I doubt he buys his own milk or cleans his own toilet. He just as his illegal immigrant maid, Maria, do it.

FWIW, I'm not knocking academics or higher education. I fully support it. I just don't think people who are out of touch with the real world should educate themselves more with a visit to Iraq, Syria or Afghanistan. Preferably for a 6-12 month tour.

Max R.
06-10-2015, 08:17 AM

As we all do. I don't have to agree with Gunny, or anyone else for that matter, to respect him. Marine or not.

Our nation believes in the right of free speech. We don't have a right to make others listen. If someone doesn't like what another says, it's better, IMHO, to either engage them or ignore them rather than troll, nag or otherwise harass them.

There's a reason Moms around the planet don't let family talk politics or religion at the dinner table. Forums such as DP thrive on people discussing politics and religion. If we were all in agreement, and this was just a mutual admiration society, it'd become pretty boring very quickly.

jimnyc
06-10-2015, 08:48 AM
I try and stay out of the military fights, not my place. I hate to see anyone deny or denigrate another persons service. I hate to see anyone have issues as a result of their service. I hate to see brothers in arms fight. All I see here is a bunch of GOOD people. All of you. I hope you all can find some common ground.

Sometimes I find it best to walk away, or even just be nice to someone who is down, instead of jumping on. I've also found it's best to talk with others, instead of jumping on them as if they are beneath you. And if you couldn't understand that - it means help out one another, brothers in arms, instead of fighting. Gunny, you're a MUCH better man than this and you know it. No need to get physical and ornery, we know you're there brother. No one here wants to fight you or be an adversary. We're friends here, so put down the ka-bar and talk instead of yelling. Others, understand this is a man in pain, whether you agree with his stances, or his delivery. If any of you were at the VA and saw someone hurting, and acting out, would you help? I would.

If any of you don't like what I just read, please move on, NO offense intended at all. Gunny, please don't hit back man, I'm just trying to help. I'm on ALL of your sides here.

indago
06-10-2015, 09:07 AM
here is my issue, we all know Gunny is a great guy, something tirggered him to go off here and then we have idiots just piling on because they can, that is truly sad. Now I am not saying Gunny is or isn't acting right, not my job to judge him, but how about instead of piling on just to piss him off, how about don't say anything at all and let it cool out.

I have noticed that Gunny lives by the old adage YOU'LL GET AS GOOD AS YOU GAVE

And so, what goes around, comes around

And life goes on...

Jeff
06-10-2015, 10:23 AM
I have noticed that Gunny lives by the old adage YOU'LL GET AS GOOD AS YOU GAVE

And so, what goes around, comes around

And life goes on...

Man if that is what floats your boat more power to ya, me I have little time to pile on the sheot pile, over the internet no less.

Gunny
06-10-2015, 12:47 PM

Here's you "stolen valor" ...

1. I was out of line and I apologize. I don't need to steal jack. You can ask Shadow or Pixie if you want. Both have seen my grey ID card and my DD214. If you get real hard up, ask Jim, Darin, Kathianne or Abbey. All have known me since 2002.

2. I'm sick. If you think I'm a bitch when I'm drinking, you haven't seen shit until you run into my getting sick once every 15 years. Once every 15 year means when I get sick, I get SICK.

3. Don't question my service nor how I think. Quite simply, you don't rate. But I'll throw this at you ... you know by the way I talk I'm either a vet, or the biggest fraud in history and I'm too tired and lazy to be a fraud. Kind of narrows it down, doesn't it?

I'm going to refrain from saying anything else. If you want to push this, I'll give you a war you won't believe.

Perianne
06-10-2015, 01:30 PM
I tend to stay out of the fights. I don't find them appealing.

I work as a Registered Nurse, caring for people when they are at their worst; when they are sick and in pain. No one is the same when they are suffering. I have learned when to be assertive and when not.

If Gunny is in the pain he says he is in (and we have no reason to doubt him), then we should all give him some slack. He got in the shape he is in by serving our country, and putting his life on the line so that we may have a forum like this. While I don't agree with his threats, I have no doubt he is capable of carrying out anything he says he can.

One thing that always strikes me when I read Gunny's posts is the picture I saw of him with his little granddaughter. Here is this big, tough man sitting there holding a little, precious girl. It really stuck in my heart that for all the toughness and bravado, this is a real human being who so loves that precious baby. And THAT is what I think of Gunny. If I were backed into a corner, surrounded by bad guys, I would want HIM there to protect me and help me fight my way out.

I ask this from everyone: please stop with the personal attacks. If you don't agree with someone, state why you don't agree and let it go. Calling someone stupid or ignorant is just boorish. Understand this: good people do not want to join a site where they will be attacked. If we want this forum to grow, be the responsible guest (in Jim's forum) and behave! I personally miss Gabby. FJ annoys me, but he makes me think. We definitely need different viewpoints to stimulate conversation. Can we all agree to stop the personal attacks??????? Please???????

While there are members here who don't like my viewpoints on certain things, no one can say that I have personally attacked them. But if I have, I sincerely apologize.

aboutime
06-10-2015, 01:37 PM
Here's you "stolen valor" ...

1. I was out of line and I apologize. I don't need to steal jack. You can ask Shadow or Pixie if you want. Both have seen my grey ID card and my DD214. If you get real hard up, ask Jim, Darin, Kathianne or Abbey. All have known me since 2002.

2. I'm sick. If you think I'm a bitch when I'm drinking, you haven't seen shit until you run into my getting sick once every 15 years. Once every 15 year means when I get sick, I get SICK.

3. Don't question my service nor how I think. Quite simply, you don't rate. But I'll throw this at you ... you know by the way I talk I'm either a vet, or the biggest fraud in history and I'm too tired and lazy to be a fraud. Kind of narrows it down, doesn't it?

I'm going to refrain from saying anything else. If you want to push this, I'll give you a war you won't believe.

No need to say anything else. I've said what I meant to say. Now. It's up to you to read what Perianne said, and let it apply to you as well.
Otherwise. I can sound just like you...if you like. I don't really GIVE a damn what you think, or say here. Your words have proved you are a Veteran, and a Bully who relies on people feeling sorry for you. I, on the other hand...never mention all the DAILY pain, and Doc visits I make because of MY SERVICE to the very same nation we both Love.
You ARE NOT the Lone Ranger here. END OF MESSAGE.

Gunny
06-10-2015, 02:08 PM
No need to say anything else. I've said what I meant to say. Now. It's up to you to read what Perianne said, and let it apply to you as well.
Otherwise. I can sound just like you...if you like. I don't really GIVE a damn what you think, or say here. Your words have proved you are a Veteran, and a Bully who relies on people feeling sorry for you. I, on the other hand...never mention all the DAILY pain, and Doc visits I make because of MY SERVICE to the very same nation we both Love.
You ARE NOT the Lone Ranger here. END OF MESSAGE.

I'm going to lay down on the couch. It beats looking our sorry lying ass up and destroying you. You're a liar and a fraud. So shut the fuck up.

aboutime
06-10-2015, 02:15 PM
I'm going to lay down on the couch. It beats looking our sorry lying ass up and destroying you. You're a liar and a fraud. So shut the fuck up.

Sure thing. Whatever you say. I have never threatened you here, for any reason. So, thanks.

Elessar
06-10-2015, 04:06 PM

More crap?

Where is your "Honor and Respect", "MARINE"?

tailfins
06-10-2015, 07:58 PM
I try and stay out of the military fights, not my place. I hate to see anyone deny or denigrate another persons service. I hate to see anyone have issues as a result of their service. I hate to see brothers in arms fight. All I see here is a bunch of GOOD people. All of you. I hope you all can find some common ground.

Sometimes I find it best to walk away, or even just be nice to someone who is down, instead of jumping on. I've also found it's best to talk with others, instead of jumping on them as if they are beneath you. And if you couldn't understand that - it means help out one another, brothers in arms, instead of fighting. Gunny, you're a MUCH better man than this and you know it. No need to get physical and ornery, we know you're there brother. No one here wants to fight you or be an adversary. We're friends here, so put down the ka-bar and talk instead of yelling. Others, understand this is a man in pain, whether you agree with his stances, or his delivery. If any of you were at the VA and saw someone hurting, and acting out, would you help? I would.

If any of you don't like what I just read, please move on, NO offense intended at all. Gunny, please don't hit back man, I'm just trying to help. I'm on ALL of your sides here.

Unless it's something very simple, like going to the store because they are too upset to drive, all you're likely to get from trying to help someone in emotional distress in criticism for doing it "wrong".

Voted4Reagan
06-11-2015, 05:42 AM
More crap?

Where is your "Honor and Respect", "MARINE"?

Semper Paratus....

Gunny
06-15-2015, 03:16 PM
That is a DD-214....now I am beginning to question your mouth and 'bravado'...

You run your suck a lot, unlike any Gunny's I met in RL.....No Respect, Honor, or Manners....

You could question my typing maybe. ;)

Gunny
06-15-2015, 03:18 PM

Backatcha. When you EARN some respect, you'll get it.

I don't respect your political opinions because quite frankly, YOU are what is typical of the internet these days. You just spout the party line. Anyone disagrees, you launch into personal attacks because you have no real argument. When THAT fails, question a vet's credibility. Seems to be the MO of the ignorant on message boards these days.

Voted4Reagan
06-15-2015, 04:30 PM
Backatcha. When you EARN some respect, you'll get it.

I don't respect your political opinions because quite frankly, YOU are what is typical of the internet these days. You just spout the party line. Anyone disagrees, you launch into personal attacks because you have no real argument. When THAT fails, question a vet's credibility. Seems to be the MO of the ignorant on message boards these days.

I spout the Party Line?? You really dont know me do you? I do not launch personal attacks against anyone unless they start with me first. I also never questioned your credibility. Just your constant whining about how bad you think you have it.

You attacked me first Gunny... YOU started with the insults, the name calling and the cursing.

Show me where I attacked you first... I defy you to... show me the thread Marine.

You can't.... And you know it.

now grow up and quit bellyaching. It's unbecoming of a Marine to do so.

Gunny
06-15-2015, 05:25 PM
I spout the Party Line?? You really dont know me do you? I do not launch personal attacks against anyone unless they start with me first. I also never questioned your credibility. Just your constant whining about how bad you think you have it.

You attacked me first Gunny... YOU started with the insults, the name calling and the cursing.

Show me where I attacked you first... I defy you to... show me the thread Marine.

You can't.... And you know it.

now grow up and quit bellyaching. It's unbecoming of a Marine to do so.

You'll have to find that "how bad I think I have it" one. I said I was sick. Nothing more.

And I have a REAL good plan. YOU go find it. Civilian. I don't attack anyone without provocation. Prove your own damned statement. That I personally attacked you.

Or you can just shut up and let it go. Slimy civilian.

For once, I agree with Indago. Most everyone here thinks our troops hands have and are tied behind their backs in the ME and they should be allowed to go in and fight to win. I just don't have a different set of rules for a message board, nor in my life, about anything. I fight to win, or walk away.

Voted4Reagan
06-15-2015, 06:03 PM
You'll have to find that "how bad I think I have it" one. I said I was sick. Nothing more.

And I have a REAL good plan. YOU go find it. Civilian. I don't attack anyone without provocation. Prove your own damned statement. That I personally attacked you.

Or you can just shut up and let it go. Slimy civilian.

For once, I agree with Indago. Most everyone here thinks our troops hands have and are tied behind their backs in the ME and they should be allowed to go in and fight to win. I just don't have a different set of rules for a message board, nor in my life, about anything. I fight to win, or walk away.

yeah... you got nothing... you started all this... now you can't back it up... You don't know me and I never did one thing to you to warrant your petulant raving.

You're just a bully that likes to push people around... You use intimidation and vulgarity to try and get your way. You make claims you cant substantiate and attack people for no reason.

Go get some help Gunny. Go to the VA... Use your Benefits.. Seek Counseling.

and remember one thing.. we "SLIMY CIVILIANS" paid your salary and for your benefits. You work for US. Remember that.

And if WiccanLiberal or I find you bleeding on the side of the road in a car wreck we'll still try and save your miserable life.

We too took an oath... Unlike you we stick to it.

Now meet my Block Button... Nice knowing you... NOT

Voted4Reagan
06-16-2015, 10:15 AM
https://www.marines.com/history-heritage/principles-values

HONORA code of personal integrity, honor guides those who do the right thing when no one is looking. It is not only a duty, but also a distinction, as those who possess honor are held in honor. It's found in one's beliefs, but exhibited through one's actions. Marines are held to the highest of standards, ethically and morally. Marines are expected to act responsibly in a manner befitting the title they've earned.

Max R.
06-16-2015, 10:27 AM

HONOR

A code of personal integrity, honor guides those who do the right thing when no one is looking. It is not only a duty, but also a distinction, as those who possess honor are held in honor. It's found in one's beliefs, but exhibited through one's actions. Marines are held to the highest of standards, ethically and morally. Marines are expected to act responsibly in a manner befitting the title they've earned.

How long were you in the Marine Corps? East or West coast?

Voted4Reagan
06-16-2015, 10:32 AM
How long were you in the Marine Corps? East or West coast?

I was not a member of the Marine Corps.

I learned the lessons from my Father who was.

Max R.
06-16-2015, 10:43 AM
I was not a member of the Marine Corps.

I learned the lessons from my Father who was.
I watched Neil Armstrong walk on the Moon. That doesn't make me an astronaut nor an expert on handing out advice to NASA.

aboutime
06-16-2015, 11:00 AM
Sure thing. Whatever you say. I have never threatened you here, for any reason. So, thanks.

I've intentionally decided to stay quiet in this phony, Joe-Hero, wannabe Marine fiasco designed to impress...one member, and one member only.

So. I have one Name I can share that sums up what I think about how this thread has deteriorated.

DON SHIPLEY. Google it.

Voted4Reagan
06-16-2015, 11:04 AM
I watched Neil Armstrong walk on the Moon. That doesn't make me an astronaut nor an expert on handing out advice to NASA.

Neil Armstrong wasn't your Father...

I learned from my Fathers example....

Your analogy is flawed

Max R.
06-16-2015, 11:07 AM
Neil Armstrong wasn't your Father...

I learned from my Fathers example....

Your analogy is flawed

Observing it is not the same as living it. My father was career Army and served two tours in Vietnam. That doesn't make me a Vietnam vet nor an expert on telling other Vietnam vets about themselves.

What it does is make me an expert on being an Army dependent and growing up while my dad served two years away from our family plus living in 18 different homes and going to 11 different schools before I turned 18.

aboutime
06-16-2015, 11:11 AM
Observing it is not the same as living it. My father was career Army and served two tours in Vietnam. That doesn't make me a Vietnam vet nor an expert on telling other Vietnam vets about themselves.

What it does is make me an expert on being an Army dependent and growing up while my dad served two years away from our family plus living in 18 different homes and going to 11 different schools before I turned 18.

Both of my sons, then, according to you, are professional Navy Dependents. But, not one of my sons, nor my wife, or any other member of my family EVER knew what My Job was aboard ship, or on shore duty. Because you moved so many times, lived so many places, or attended so many different schools DOES NOT A PRO MAKE.

Max R.
06-16-2015, 11:26 AM
Both of my sons, then, according to you, are professional Navy Dependents. But, not one of my sons, nor my wife, or any other member of my family EVER knew what My Job was aboard ship, or on shore duty. Because you moved so many times, lived so many places, or attended so many different schools DOES NOT A PRO MAKE.
Which is why there's a difference between my being a dependent for 18 years before enlisting in the Marine Corps to forge my own expertise as an active duty member.

Did either your kids serve?

Voted4Reagan
06-16-2015, 11:32 AM

But the principles he learned in the Corps are the principles we learned as kids. Respect, Honor, Commitment, Service to others, Teamwork.

We learn from our parents. I make no claims of being a Vet. I am not. But I was raised the son of a Marine. and we learned about the Marines and the principles they live/work by.

The values he learned he instilled in his Children.

jimnyc
06-16-2015, 11:43 AM
I've intentionally decided to stay quiet in this phony, Joe-Hero, wannabe Marine fiasco designed to impress...one member, and one member only.

So. I have one Name I can share that sums up what I think about how this thread has deteriorated.

DON SHIPLEY. Google it.

What about him, do you know him yourself?

Max R.
06-16-2015, 12:04 PM
But the principles he learned in the Corps are the principles we learned as kids. Respect, Honor, Commitment, Service to others, Teamwork.

We learn from our parents. I make no claims of being a Vet. I am not. But I was raised the son of a Marine. and we learned about the Marines and the principles they live/work by.

The values he learned he instilled in his Children.

If you truly adhere to those principles, then you should consider reviewing respect.

As stated previously, I don't always agree with Gunny. He's admitted he's made mistakes and also mentioned he had been sick. I have no reason to doubt him nor do I know any particulars of his age, physical health or other personal details. You, on the other hand, claim to be an expert on being a Marine by virtue of having been a dependent of one and have been harping on this for several days now. What is your real motivation here?

FWIW, consider the Marine Corps principle of Ductus Exemplo; leadership by example.

http://www.military.com/veteran-jobs/career-advice/on-the-job/leadership-by-example-in-workplace.html
.....The real lesson is that veterans can make a decisive, immediate, and lasting impact on their workplaces when they use Leadership by Example. This can be done whether a person is an executive, manager, or a fellow worker. Leadership by Example is a key component that makes individuals and organizations into teams. Additionally, Leadership by Example is a great way to lead both up and lead down because it sets a great example for other business executives and other employees that may never have had a military experience. We all remember a time when we were standing watch or pulling security when a senior leader came by to take a part of our shift so we could get some coffee, a dry pair of socks, or just get out of the rain for a few minutes. Just a small example of how a person should act, can inspire everyone in an organization to greater efforts.Here are ten examples of how military veterans can employ Leadership by Example in their civilian workplaces to improve productivity, employee engagement, and employee morale:

(1) Leadership by Example is Action Focused. Leadership by Example is not an e-mail. Leadership by Example involves getting up, going to, seeing, doing, talking, and improving. Leadership by Example sets a positive standard of behavior and sets an example for others to follow how to improve the organization.

(2) Leadership by Example Reinforces the Purpose of the Organization. The purpose of the business organization is to solve an underlying customer need in way that customer’s value and in a manner that is superior to the competition. Apple produces, displays, and designs superior consumer electronic items focused on a rich & connected multimedia experience. Apple knows that quality, customer service, design, and rich content are their marketplace keys to success. As you Lead by Example, ensure that your actions reinforce, support, and develop the reasons that customers use your company’s products and services.

(3) Workplace Arrival and Departure. The time that you arrive and depart sets the example for everyone else. How do you consistently treat employees that have sick kids, doctor’s appointments, or have to leave for a school event? These daily interruptions seem like small items, but employers that are flexible, understanding, and have very high expectations for business quality and standards are the reasons that employees stay or leave organizations. What you do and when you do, it is watched as a positive or negative sign for all.

(4) Walk Around. Walking around and briefly talking to employees and fellow employees about what they are working on, any problems encountered, and what they need to have to be successful is a great, quick way to learn and demonstrate that you care. Taking too much of people’s time and failing to follow up on responses will peg you as a possible micromanager and insincere.

(5) Spot Coaching for Employee Development. When you are walking around, spot coaching in 10-15 minute segments is a great way to develop employees, train a skill set, and identify training needs of both individuals and your group. Again, follow up training resources and plans are essential to establish yourself as a sincere leader.

(6) Use of Specific Compliments & Highlight Others Success. Another great way to lead is to identify specific business projects, reports, or customer interactions that one employee has done that sets a positive example for the entire group. A specific compliment helps other employees and management see a creative and new way to solve a problem.

(7) Be Open to Recommendations for Change. Leadership by Example is also being open to other’s ideas how to improve and change the organization. Leading means an open, positive attitude to change and helping guide others how to make, implement, and enforce positive change that makes the organization better.

(8) Open Communication. Open, frequent, and honest communication is vital to success. Open communication is telling employees the Who, What, When, Why, Where, and How of the organizations plans, operations, and problems. This communication is vital to ensure that everyone understands the importance of what they are doing as well as their vital importance to the organization’s success.

(9) Your Personal Dress & Development. Maintaining a professional appearance, ongoing professional development, a healthy lifestyle, and exercise are vital to show that you are prepared for present and future challenges.

(10) The After Action Review or Debrief. Leaders and Employees seek to understand and learn from mistakes. The After Action Review and Debrief process used across all services is a simple and vital quality tool to make sure an organization understands what happened, captures lessons, and implements changes to ensure a subsequent business event is a success. Failure and learning is not a problem, but repeated failure for the same underlying reasons has no excuse.

These 10 are only a start of how Leadership by Example can be employed immediately, simply, and successfully in the workplace. Military veterans make companies and organizations better when they translate their military experience to meet the needs of their companies. Use your military experience to make your organization better!

Voted4Reagan
06-16-2015, 01:14 PM
If you truly adhere to those principles, then you should consider reviewing respect.

As stated previously, I don't always agree with Gunny. He's admitted he's made mistakes and also mentioned he had been sick. I have no reason to doubt him nor do I know any particulars of his age, physical health or other personal details. You, on the other hand, claim to be an expert on being a Marine by virtue of having been a dependent of one and have been harping on this for several days now. What is your real motivation here?

FWIW, consider the Marine Corps principle of Ductus Exemplo; leadership by example.

http://www.military.com/veteran-jobs/career-advice/on-the-job/leadership-by-example-in-workplace.html
.....The real lesson is that veterans can make a decisive, immediate, and lasting impact on their workplaces when they use Leadership by Example. This can be done whether a person is an executive, manager, or a fellow worker. Leadership by Example is a key component that makes individuals and organizations into teams. Additionally, Leadership by Example is a great way to lead both up and lead down because it sets a great example for other business executives and other employees that may never have had a military experience. We all remember a time when we were standing watch or pulling security when a senior leader came by to take a part of our shift so we could get some coffee, a dry pair of socks, or just get out of the rain for a few minutes. Just a small example of how a person should act, can inspire everyone in an organization to greater efforts.Here are ten examples of how military veterans can employ Leadership by Example in their civilian workplaces to improve productivity, employee engagement, and employee morale:

(1) Leadership by Example is Action Focused. Leadership by Example is not an e-mail. Leadership by Example involves getting up, going to, seeing, doing, talking, and improving. Leadership by Example sets a positive standard of behavior and sets an example for others to follow how to improve the organization.

(2) Leadership by Example Reinforces the Purpose of the Organization. The purpose of the business organization is to solve an underlying customer need in way that customer’s value and in a manner that is superior to the competition. Apple produces, displays, and designs superior consumer electronic items focused on a rich & connected multimedia experience. Apple knows that quality, customer service, design, and rich content are their marketplace keys to success. As you Lead by Example, ensure that your actions reinforce, support, and develop the reasons that customers use your company’s products and services.

(3) Workplace Arrival and Departure. The time that you arrive and depart sets the example for everyone else. How do you consistently treat employees that have sick kids, doctor’s appointments, or have to leave for a school event? These daily interruptions seem like small items, but employers that are flexible, understanding, and have very high expectations for business quality and standards are the reasons that employees stay or leave organizations. What you do and when you do, it is watched as a positive or negative sign for all.

(4) Walk Around. Walking around and briefly talking to employees and fellow employees about what they are working on, any problems encountered, and what they need to have to be successful is a great, quick way to learn and demonstrate that you care. Taking too much of people’s time and failing to follow up on responses will peg you as a possible micromanager and insincere.

(5) Spot Coaching for Employee Development. When you are walking around, spot coaching in 10-15 minute segments is a great way to develop employees, train a skill set, and identify training needs of both individuals and your group. Again, follow up training resources and plans are essential to establish yourself as a sincere leader.

(6) Use of Specific Compliments & Highlight Others Success. Another great way to lead is to identify specific business projects, reports, or customer interactions that one employee has done that sets a positive example for the entire group. A specific compliment helps other employees and management see a creative and new way to solve a problem.

(7) Be Open to Recommendations for Change. Leadership by Example is also being open to other’s ideas how to improve and change the organization. Leading means an open, positive attitude to change and helping guide others how to make, implement, and enforce positive change that makes the organization better.

(8) Open Communication. Open, frequent, and honest communication is vital to success. Open communication is telling employees the Who, What, When, Why, Where, and How of the organizations plans, operations, and problems. This communication is vital to ensure that everyone understands the importance of what they are doing as well as their vital importance to the organization’s success.

(9) Your Personal Dress & Development. Maintaining a professional appearance, ongoing professional development, a healthy lifestyle, and exercise are vital to show that you are prepared for present and future challenges.

(10) The After Action Review or Debrief. Leaders and Employees seek to understand and learn from mistakes. The After Action Review and Debrief process used across all services is a simple and vital quality tool to make sure an organization understands what happened, captures lessons, and implements changes to ensure a subsequent business event is a success. Failure and learning is not a problem, but repeated failure for the same underlying reasons has no excuse.

These 10 are only a start of how Leadership by Example can be employed immediately, simply, and successfully in the workplace. Military veterans make companies and organizations better when they translate their military experience to meet the needs of their companies. Use your military experience to make your organization better!

Show me where I claim to be an expert on being a Marine.. I never made the claim of being an expert... YOU made that up... I said I learned about it from my Father... So if you want to keep trying to put words in my mouth go right ahead. I never made the claim and for you to put it forth is a total Fabrication.

Instilled values and an understanding of the Principles do not make me an expert. But I know how a Marine should act and conduct him/herself.

So Max... show me where I claim Expertise.... Please.. Show me where I claim to be an expert.

I am not attacking the Posters service or his actions while in service to the country. I am questioning his actions and his attitude regarding his constant unprovoked attacks on people that dare disagree with him, his constant bullying and his failure to follow that which you cited..

Ductus Exemplo

Also...

Semper Fidelis distinguishes the Marine Corps bond from any other. It goes beyond teamwork—it is a brotherhood that can always be counted on. Latin for "always faithful," Semper Fidelisbecame the Marine Corps motto in 1883. It guides Marines to remain faithful to the mission at hand, to each other, to the Corps and to country, no matter what. Becoming a Marine is a transformation that cannot be undone, and Semper Fidelis is a permanent reminder of that. Once made, a Marine will forever live by the ethics and values of the Corps. In addition to Semper Fidelis, Marine Corps Officers also embrace the phrase Ductos Exemplo, "to lead by example," the motto of Officer Candidates School (OCS). Instructors look for candidates who display self-reliance, discipline and responsibility. Desire and motivation to lead Marines are deciding factors in an officer's success.

Last I knew... Belligerence, bellyaching, bitching and bullying are not among those ethics.

aboutime
06-16-2015, 01:15 PM
What about him, do you know him yourself?

Reference to STOLEN VALOR, which seems to be denied in many cases. And, Yes. Spoken to him. Not as a long time friend, but in reference to the subject.

jimnyc
06-16-2015, 04:44 PM
Reference to STOLEN VALOR, which seems to be denied in many cases. And, Yes. Spoken to him. Not as a long time friend, but in reference to the subject.

This isn't the first time that you are implying Gunny is lying about his service. Do you have proof to offer? Other than a hunch... And please, specifics of what he wrote or did that lead you to believe this. Don't get angry that I ask this of you, I want it to come to the forefront so that we can put it to bed. I don't like the accusations and would like to end it.

Or are we simply going to have 2 members who post smack against one another, in different divisions of the military, and degrade the others service?

No one will likely ever know 100% for sure. Darin I know, he posted a kabillion pictures and other things over the years. Not everyone is as sharing, nor is it a requirement that they do so. I don't want to get into a long argument about this, but it sucks when people are having their service called into question, and even more so when they are long time members.

Gunny
06-16-2015, 05:22 PM
This isn't the first time that you are implying Gunny is lying about his service. Do you have proof to offer? Other than a hunch... And please, specifics of what he wrote or did that lead you to believe this. Don't get angry that I ask this of you, I want it to come to the forefront so that we can put it to bed. I don't like the accusations and would like to end it.

Or are we simply going to have 2 members who post smack against one another, in different divisions of the military, and degrade the others service?

No one will likely ever know 100% for sure. Darin I know, he posted a kabillion pictures and other things over the years. Not everyone is as sharing, nor is it a requirement that they do so. I don't want to get into a long argument about this, but it sucks when people are having their service called into question, and even more so when they are long time members.

In case you haven't noticed, I haven't said a word about his service.

What I see here is this:

I've posted on message boards for 14 years. I've known YOU 12 of them. In all that time. ONE person has ever questioned my credibility. Guess who ....

I chalk it up to this: There's a certain element on message boards nowadays that just come out and say "I hate Obama, I hate Islam, and Dems suck ..." If you dare disagree with any or all, you are automatically a "liberal" and they take it personally, and the insults begin. That rather than just respond to your response to them when an actual answer. Why? Because they have NO answer. They just spout rhetoric. When desperate times arrive, then it's question one's credibility. In this case, he's got Voted4Reagan on his side because he thinks he knows what a Marine is because his daddy was a Marine Colonel.

Well I wasn't no damned Colonel. And I damned sure didn't act like some snobby, field grade officer. I couldn't have made it as an officer. They're required to kiss too much ass and they're political as Hell if they ever plan on making it past Captain. It isn't that I didn't routinely have to do their jobs. Half the time they didn't know what was going on unless I told them. And ring knockers are the worst. They think as Academy grads their shit don't stink.

I was a hardass, old school enlisted Marine. No fags. No sensitivity training. Hell, I had a good time too. Where else can you go "camping", "swimming","shooting", "boating", "flying", and work out all day on someone else's dime? Oh and I forgot the "hiking". You can ask Max about Mt Motherfucker and Old Smokey in the 51 Area at Camp Pendleton. Your eyes are about even with the bottom of the ALICE pack of guy in front of you trying not to get get kicked in the face and every time you think you're at the top it's just another level. You top out and there's another one to go.

Then there was the Dragon's Back. From Edson Range to San Onofre -- up and down mountain ridge -- so they took it easy on you on the way back and you got to hump back to Edson Range on the beach.

But I'm not going to sit here and post 21 years worth of Marine Corps to prove to some people without an argument who and what I am.

I'm sure Max has been to Quantico if he was pilot. He doesn't talk like a ring knocker that means OCS. Ask him how he liked humping in the mud in the woods.

Perianne
06-16-2015, 05:38 PM
I don't think anyone here is so low as to falsely claim to be a veteran. I believe Gunny served, I believe abouttime served, I believe all who say so, served.

If anyone here is guilty of stolen valor (I believe that is the term), then I hope jimnyc bans that person from this forum for life, as there are few things a person can do that is more reprehensible.

And, for what it's worth, I personally thank all our veterans for their service. I am just a little, 57 year-old woman who could never have done what our veterans have done. It may not mean much, but I hold veterans in high regard, probably higher than I hold any other group.

Let's please move on from questioning others' service or experiences. It is of very poor taste (I am not directing this at anyone in particular).

Gunny
06-16-2015, 05:39 PM
Which is why there's a difference between my being a dependent for 18 years before enlisting in the Marine Corps to forge my own expertise as an active duty member.

Did either your kids serve?

I was an Air Force dependent for 18 years. I can somewhat agree with you. My father had no people skills. (Wondered where that came from, huh?:laugh:) We were recruits growing up. I could make a rack by the time I was 6 .. WITH hospital folds.

I remember all through boot camp I kept thinking "When's the hard part start?" My father was harder on us than my Drill Instructor was.

And I retired at the end of 2000. I'd just come off float on the Boxer and they wanted a quick turnaround and go back out the Tarawa. The quick turnaround was bad enough. From and LHD-4 to and LHA? I'd had enough. Not to mention the Command staff turned over. I went from a hardass, mission-oriented Colonel to one that was politicking and punching his buttons for General. The SgtMaj was a former MP and a total dickhead and they were doing stupid shit.

I pulled my name from the promotion list and punched out. I was burnt out.

Gunny
06-16-2015, 05:46 PM
I don't think anyone here is so low as to falsely claim to be a veteran. I believe Gunny served, I believe abouttime served, I believe all who say so, served.

If anyone here is guilty of stolen valor (I believe that is the term), then I hope jimnyc bans that person from this forum for life, as there are few things a person can do that is more reprehensible.

And, for what it's worth, I personally thank all our veterans for their service. I am just a little, 57 year-old woman who could never have done what our veterans have done. It may not mean much, but I hold veterans in high regard, probably higher than I hold any other group.

Let's please move on from questioning others' service or experiences. It is of very poor taste (I am not directing this at anyone in particular).

Frauds usually out themselves. It's THAT simple.

Using the accusation as a means of deflection, to me, is just as bad.

Perianne
06-16-2015, 06:34 PM
Frauds usually out themselves. It's THAT simple.

Using the accusation as a means of deflection, to me, is just as bad.

Yep. Same thing in my field of Nursing. I can spot a fake a mile away.

Max R.
06-16-2015, 07:07 PM
Show me where I claim to be an expert on being a Marine.. I never made the claim of being an expert... YOU made that up... I said I learned about it from my Father... So if you want to keep trying to put words in my mouth go right ahead. I never made the claim and for you to put it forth is a total Fabrication....
Dude, I made a point. Now you are acting like a 5 year old caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

Prove it! That wasn't me! I didn't do it! You can't prove a thing! Nobody saw me!

Man up and admit the obvious; you've been harping on this for days. I could go back and quote every post, but you, I and everyone else knows you'd still deny it. Let it go. Please. All you're doing is proving you have father issues like Pat Conroy, except you don't write as well. You're certainly not winning over anyone. Especially actual veterans.

Max R.
06-16-2015, 07:13 PM
I was an Air Force dependent for 18 years. I can somewhat agree with you. My father had no people skills. (Wondered where that came from, huh?:laugh:) We were recruits growing up. I could make a rack by the time I was 6 .. WITH hospital folds.

I remember all through boot camp I kept thinking "When's the hard part start?" My father was harder on us than my Drill Instructor was.

And I retired at the end of 2000. I'd just come off float on the Boxer and they wanted a quick turnaround and go back out the Tarawa. The quick turnaround was bad enough. From and LHD-4 to and LHA? I'd had enough. Not to mention the Command staff turned over. I went from a hardass, mission-oriented Colonel to one that was politicking and punching his buttons for General. The SgtMaj was a former MP and a total dickhead and they were doing stupid shit.

I pulled my name from the promotion list and punched out. I was burnt out.

The peacetime military has too many dickheads. I saw much of the same myself. When the balloon finally went up, I was already retired (1998) and when trying to reup was politely told no. Too senior even for a staff job shuffling papers. Needs of the service. We all know the drill. They needed young guys to kick in doors and FACs, not retired geezers.

Abbey Marie
06-16-2015, 07:18 PM
FWIW, I believe Gunny served, and I believe AT served. Heck, I even believed that ManfromMaine served.

Like Perianne, I appreciate all of you. I wouldn't volunteer at the USO if I didn't.

Max R.
06-16-2015, 07:32 PM
FWIW, I believe Gunny served, and I believe AT served. Heck, I even believed that ManfromMaine served.

Like Perianne, I appreciate all of you. I wouldn't volunteer at the USO if I didn't.

Thanks for serving yourself, Abbey. I frequent USOs around the country and always appreciate those who volunteer to run them.

Which one do you volunteer at?

Gunny
06-16-2015, 07:34 PM
The peacetime military has too many dickheads. I saw much of the same myself. When the balloon finally went up, I was already retired (1998) and when trying to reup was politely told no. Too senior even for a staff job shuffling papers. Needs of the service. We all know the drill. They needed young guys to kick in doors and FACs, not retired geezers.

I know the drill. Now had we been Arabic linguists ... Hell, we'd STILL be employed by the government.:laugh:

Max R.
06-16-2015, 07:40 PM
I know the drill. Now had we been Arabic linguists ... Hell, we'd STILL be employed by the government.:laugh:

LOL. I actually bought some Berlitz cassette tapes with that idea in mind, but gave up when it became clear I wouldn't be allowed to come out of retirement. 9/11 or not, it wasn't WWII even though it wasn't quite clear at the time.

Abbey Marie
06-16-2015, 10:57 PM
Thanks for serving yourself, Abbey. I frequent USOs around the country and always appreciate those who volunteer to run them.

Which one do you volunteer at?

Thanks Max. I am at Liberty USO, at the Philadelphia airport. I'm proud to say that we were ranked the #1 USO in the country last year.

Perianne
06-16-2015, 10:58 PM
Thanks Max. I am at Liberty USO, at the Philadelphia airport. i'm proud to say that we were ranked the #1 USO in the country last year.

Oh, no!!!! Please tell me you are NOT an Eagles fan!!!!!! :)

Abbey Marie
06-16-2015, 11:01 PM
Oh, no!!!! Please tell me you are NOT an Eagles fan!!!!!! :)

Lol, no! NY Giants. Bronx born and raised.
But my husband is.

Perianne
06-16-2015, 11:04 PM
But my husband is.

Did you know he was an Eagles fan before you married him? lol

Don't tell your husband, but I hate the Eagles!!!!!!! True Cowboys fan here. All Cowboys fans hate the Eagles. Though I am happy Kelly is giving Tim Tebow a chance.

Abbey Marie
06-16-2015, 11:07 PM

Don't tell your husband, but I hate the Eagles!!!!!!! True Cowboys fan here. All Cowboys fans hate the Eagles. Though I am happy Kelly is giving Tim Tebow a chance.

We used to have some interesting Sundays when the Eagles played the Giants!

Now, I am more interested in how my Fantasy league is doing. :cool:

Max R.
06-17-2015, 07:38 AM
Thanks Max. I am at Liberty USO, at the Philadelphia airport. i'm proud to say that we were ranked the #1 USO in the country last year.
I'll look for it if my company ever sends me up your way!

Since I operate out of DFW, I spend a lot of waiting time in the airport USO here. Second most would be Chicago.

Gunny
06-17-2015, 09:00 AM
LOL. I actually bought some Berlitz cassette tapes with that idea in mind, but gave up when it became clear I wouldn't be allowed to come out of retirement. 9/11 or not, it wasn't WWII even though it wasn't quite clear at the time.

Yeah, I got the same message. I was still good to go one year after I retired. Some of their crap makes no sense.

Gunny
06-17-2015, 09:03 AM

Uh huh. Them USO girls that would come to 29 Palms for the Marine Corps Ball providing we had no alcohol. :no:

Gee, THAT was fun. :laugh:

Gunny
06-17-2015, 09:04 AM
But my husband is.

That's almost as bad.

Gunny
06-17-2015, 09:06 AM

I thought you were older than me? Hating the Redskins comes FIRST. The Eagles and Giants are tied for second place.

Perianne
06-17-2015, 09:13 AM
I thought you were older than me? Hating the Redskins comes FIRST. The Eagles and Giants are tied for second place.

I do hate the Redskins, but there is a particular nastiness about the Eagles that is not matched by any other team.

jimnyc
06-17-2015, 09:22 AM
Eagles. Cowboys. BOTH suck!! :coffee:

jimnyc
06-17-2015, 09:22 AM

My apologies to Abbey, the Giants suck just as much!!

Perianne
06-17-2015, 09:37 AM

Jim, I will pray for you.

"Texas Stadium has a hole in its roof so God can watch His favorite team play." AT&T Stadium also has the open roof.

Abbey Marie
06-17-2015, 09:37 AM
I'll look for it if my company ever sends me up your way!

Since I operate out of DFW, I spend a lot of waiting time in the airport USO here. Second most would be Chicago.

Perhaps we will meet someday! Though I'm usually either in the kitchen, or cleaning bathrooms, lol.

Abbey Marie
06-17-2015, 09:40 AM
Uh huh. Them USO girls that would come to 29 Palms for the Marine Corps Ball providing we had no alcohol. :no:

Gee, THAT was fun. :laugh:

Well, I have NO idea what you are talking about. Sounds like you didn't find it so much fun?

Abbey Marie
06-17-2015, 09:40 AM
That's almost as bad.

:laugh2: Lately, I'd agree.

Max R.
06-17-2015, 09:46 AM
Perhaps we will meet someday! Though I'm usually either in the kitchen, or cleaning bathrooms, lol.
I would have time to post here if I was sent up there for a day or two since my weeks are often scheduled well in advance.

jimnyc
06-17-2015, 09:48 AM
Jim, I will pray for you.

"Texas Stadium has a hole in its roof so God can watch His favorite team play." AT&T Stadium also has the open roof.

I had always thought it was for this reason...

http://i.imgur.com/KV7xRLq.png

Perianne
06-17-2015, 09:50 AM

Terrible. Just terrible.

Abbey Marie
06-17-2015, 09:54 AM

Jim, you'd better hope Perianne doesn't have a voodoo doll that looks like Roethlisberger.

jimnyc
06-17-2015, 09:59 AM
Terrible. Just terrible.

Just remember our bond via Kentucky though!! But it would truly be sacreligious for me if I rooted for the Cowboys, or said anything nice about them, or passed up an opportunity to mock them. :laugh:

Jim, you'd better hope Perianne doesn't have a voodoo doll that looks like Roethlisberger.

I would say that I would return the favor with one of Romo, but what would be the point? :coffee:

Perianne
06-17-2015, 10:07 AM
Just remember our bond via Kentucky though!! But it would truly be sacreligious for me if I rooted for the Cowboys, or said anything nice about them, or passed up an opportunity to mock them. :laugh:

Our mutual Kentucky bond is the reason I said I would pray for you.

I would say that I would return the favor with one of Romo, but what would be the point? :coffee:

I will ignore that comment, sir.

Tony Romo is cute. As is his favorite receiver.

http://s0.uvnimg.com/nfl/fotos/photo/2012-09-02/020912witten_323x216.jpg

Gunny
06-17-2015, 04:11 PM
Well, I have NO idea what you are talking about. Sounds like you didn't find it so much fun?

Actually it was a hoot. In 1981 in 29 Palms, CA you were officially "nowhere". So they shipped these USO girls in from LA. Onee of the conditions was no booze.

Now, being industrious young Lance Corporals that we were, we smuggled a bottle of Southern Comfort in. So dipstick drops the bottle on the floor in the e-club and it breaks. You NEVER saw a LCpl with less friends. :laugh::laugh: It was like he was Moses parting the Red Sea. :laugh::laugh:

Gunny
06-17-2015, 04:13 PM
Terrible. Just terrible.

Jim still acts like he's 15 years old when it comes to football.:laugh:

Gunny
06-17-2015, 04:19 PM

Not it isn't. I reconciled THAT one when you were in diapers, if that. The best Superbowls I've watched were the Cowboys - Steelers ones. Except for SB V Cowboys vs Colts. THAT was a game. It was also the end of an era. It was the end of just going out and kicking ass and playing the game. The rule then was "stop the ball".

All these pansy ass rules they have now have cheapened the game to me.

Abbey Marie
06-17-2015, 06:37 PM
Actually it was a hoot. In 1981 in 29 Palms, CA you were officially "nowhere". So they shipped these USO girls in from LA. Onee of the conditions was no booze.

Now, being industrious young Lance Corporals that we were, we smuggled a bottle of Southern Comfort in. So dipstick drops the bottle on the floor in the e-club and it breaks. You NEVER saw a LCpl with less friends. :laugh::laugh: It was like he was Moses parting the Red Sea. :laugh::laugh:

:laugh2: It must have been the good Lord watching over all those sweet young girls!

Truth Detector
09-09-2015, 01:35 AM

You didn't get your best friend killed. Did you force him to join? The enemy killed him you fool; what I see here is a pathetic case of feeling sorry for yourself.

The vets in WWII and Vietnam saw more horror than anyone did in Desert Storm or Iraq II.

My uncles served in WWII, one also served in Korea and got a battlefield officers commission. My dad served in Korea and Vietnam and I can't say they ever acted like pussies feeling sorry for themselves. They lived life to the fullest and never wasted time feeling sorry for themselves and acting like disabled pussies with PTSD.

I think you need to man up and get a clue that YOU didn't cause your men's death; the ENEMY did.

Reading crap like this is almost as stupid as blaming Bush for the deaths of these men at the hands of despotic terrorist elements that offer nothing BUT more death and Fascism.