PDA

View Full Version : Queers Fargo

Perianne
06-09-2015, 03:27 PM
Finally, a Christian leader stands up!

Franklin Graham is calling on Christians to boycott corporations that feature same-sex relationships in their commercials. And he says he’ll do his part by moving all the bank accounts for his two ministries out of Wells Fargo because of its ad featuring a lesbian couple.

“This is one way we as Christians can speak out – we have the power of choice,” Graham wrote on Facebook over the weekend. “Let’s just stop doing business with those who promote sin and stand against Almighty God’s laws and His standards. Maybe if enough of us do this, it will get their attention.”

Reached Monday, a spokesperson for Wells Fargo said the bank has proudly supported the LGBT community for a long time – a commitment echoed by the ad.

Here is the ad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxDsx8HfXEk

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/living/religion/article23496706.html#storylink=cpy

Perianne
06-09-2015, 03:33 PM
Romans 1:27-28 King James Version (KJV) 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient

Is this the only sin which sickens God and he does not even convict them?

Abbey Marie
06-09-2015, 04:40 PM
Franklin is a brave man.

LongTermGuy
06-09-2015, 04:43 PM
Franklin is a brave man.

He has friends in high places...

fj1200
06-10-2015, 09:25 AM
Romans 1:27-28 King James Version (KJV)

How's your ancient Greek? And what say you of context regarding all of Romans 1?

darin
06-10-2015, 09:45 AM
Romans 1:27-28 King James Version (KJV) 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient

When you remove things from context you betray the intent of the author. Paul was not giving a list of 'OMGSINS!!!111'. Paul was telling the story of people who lost their love; lost god and lost their minds. He was describing a situation.

Couple of things - There's nobody who can argue every word spoken / recorded in every book in the bible was meant as an instruction for all mankind for eternity. Pulling out parts of stories to use to create 'these are sins!' is a bad, bad idea.

Anyone notice God didn't mention homosexuality in the 10 commandments?

Anyone notice Christ didn't give two shits what people's 'sins' were - Christ worked to heal hearts and bodies.

Folks who like gay sex like gay sex. Their choices are theirs and God has already done whatever he can to keep them from what amounts to a TERRIBLE choice. He loves them just the same.

Anyone supporting this boycot ever get mad when queers boycot Xtian establishments?

Jeff
06-10-2015, 10:36 AM
When you remove things from context you betray the intent of the author. Paul was not giving a list of 'OMGSINS!!!111'. Paul was telling the story of people who lost their love; lost god and lost their minds. He was describing a situation.

Couple of things - There's nobody who can argue every word spoken / recorded in every book in the bible was meant as an instruction for all mankind for eternity. Pulling out parts of stories to use to create 'these are sins!' is a bad, bad idea.

Anyone notice God didn't mention homosexuality in the 10 commandments?

Anyone notice Christ didn't give two shits what people's 'sins' were - Christ worked to heal hearts and bodies.

Folks who like gay sex like gay sex. Their choices are theirs and God has already done whatever he can to keep them from what amounts to a TERRIBLE choice. He loves them just the same.

Anyone supporting this boycot ever get mad when queers boycot Xtian establishments?

God loves the sinner but hates the sin, and through his love hopefully in time they will see the error of their ways and change and at that point if they repent they will be forgiven.

darin
06-10-2015, 10:52 AM
God loves the sinner but hates the sin, and through his love hopefully in time they will see the error of their ways and change and at that point if they repent they will be forgiven.

...and God wants to PUNISH the sinner because of the sin he hates? Sin doesn't hurt God - it hurts People - which in turn hurts God. Christians - those who truly love God and their fellow man - would bring their business to anyone without pause nor reservation. As for the "...and do business with groups who don't support sin..." - That's a crock of horseshit in a way.

Does the guy think there are No christians working for Wells-Fargo? Maybe he's costing christians their livlihood? Who knows?

Does his example follow Christ's example in any way? in ANY WAY?

DLT
06-10-2015, 12:01 PM
Finally, a Christian leader stands up!

Here is the ad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxDsx8HfXEk

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/living/religion/article23496706.html#storylink=cpy

Oh good grief. I hate leftist propaganda.....especially if/when it comes from banks. But what's new?

Yeah, make the lesbos look sooooo nice, pretty and normal by hiring attractive actors. That would be the exception to the rule, of course. Not the rule. Ever been to a gay club? Most female gays do not look like that. Sure, there are some gorgeous gay females. But most look more like this...

http://www.advocate.com/sites/advocate.com/files/2015/01/ButchFemme004.jpg

http://www.advocate.com/sites/advocate.com/files/2015/01/ButchFemme007.jpg

And of course, even some of the well known ones are butt ugly....lol

http://www.televicious.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Rosie1.bmp#ugly%20rosie%20odonnell%20445x505

fj1200
06-10-2015, 12:58 PM

Therein lies the rub. How's your ancient Greek?

darin
06-10-2015, 01:21 PM
Nevermind that -

How's his 'Lots of the bible was put-together through 'dope deals' between essentially political leaders representing their faction or point of view about Christ.

The words in the bible matter 500000% less than 'what the bible tells us' - the "message" if you will.

gabosaurus
06-10-2015, 01:30 PM
How sad that a man who preaches love and tolerance shows none of either.

Perianne
06-10-2015, 01:33 PM

Gabosaurus, you are missing the point. He DOES show love and tolerance towards homsexuals. He simply does not choose to embrace the display of such behavior.

darin
06-10-2015, 01:46 PM

you make sick.

aboutime
06-10-2015, 01:54 PM

Sounds familiar, and comical coming from someone who is a hypocrite when it comes to tolerance, and only loves those who always agree with your liberally, vacant, views.

Jeff
06-10-2015, 04:50 PM
...and God wants to PUNISH the sinner because of the sin he hates? Sin doesn't hurt God - it hurts People - which in turn hurts God. Christians - those who truly love God and their fellow man - would bring their business to anyone without pause nor reservation. As for the "...and do business with groups who don't support sin..." - That's a crock of horseshit in a way.

Does the guy think there are No christians working for Wells-Fargo? Maybe he's costing christians their livlihood? Who knows?

Does his example follow Christ's example in any way? in ANY WAY?

Wow where did I say anything about God punishing sinners ????

No I didn't watch the video all I did was scan through different post and I saw yours and added that God doesn't hate folks he hates the sin Period.

As for taking my business places you bet your butt I will take my business to someone I feel is righteous, heck they don't have to be Christians, just decent folks.

dmp this reminds me of a story of a brand new Christian going to a church I went to, she found God and a couple of days later told my wife that she had to stop being friends with her best friend because she was gay, I explained to her that is all the more reason to be friends with her, heck she is the same person she was friends with a couple of days ago , so she must like this girl, and if all that girl hangs with is other gays she will never know the correct way, again GOD HATES THE SIN NOT THE SINNER.

But if I choose to not take my business to a gay business that is my choice, and honestly if the business is operating it such a way that I know they are gay, your right I will go else where. No it isn't just do to my religion I just don't support it, and for the record if a straight couple running a business where walking around and letting me know what they enjoy in the bedroom I would avoid them as well. I also don't think any business owner should have to do anything for anyone they don't wish to, it's their business run it as they see fit.

darin
06-11-2015, 10:01 AM
Wow where did I say anything about God punishing sinners ????

When you support boycotts based on perceived support of perceived sin, it's defacto 'punishment'

No I didn't watch the video all I did was scan through different post and I saw yours and added that God doesn't hate folks he hates the sin Period.

As for taking my business places you bet your butt I will take my business to someone I feel is righteous, heck they don't have to be Christians, just decent folks.

And I'm saying that saying is misleading. God doesn't wish ill will or lack of prosperity upon "sinners" - why should Christians?
Further - by removing support for a business based on the business leadership you might be harming plenty of "decent folks", too.

dmp this reminds me of a story of a brand new Christian going to a church I went to, she found God and a couple of days later told my wife that she had to stop being friends with her best friend because she was gay, I explained to her that is all the more reason to be friends with her, heck she is the same person she was friends with a couple of days ago , so she must like this girl, and if all that girl hangs with is other gays she will never know the correct way, again GOD HATES THE SIN NOT THE SINNER.

We are what we do. The saying "God hates sin but not the sinner" is like saying "I support the troops but I HATE Their mission. Everything they're doing is wrong, awful. But..yeah...sure, I support the troops...."

Good for you though in helping your wife avoid potentially damaging that girl.

But if I choose to not take my business to a gay business that is my choice, and honestly if the business is operating it such a way that I know they are gay, your right I will go else where. No it isn't just do to my religion I just don't support it, and for the record if a straight couple running a business where walking around and letting me know what they enjoy in the bedroom I would avoid them as well. I also don't think any business owner should have to do anything for anyone they don't wish to, it's their business run it as they see fit.

That's free market and those are good things. Unfortunately, what whats-his-name is doing - the guy in the OP? That's coercing folks to do something because HE did it. He should have quietly moved his money aside and that be the end of it.