PDA

View Full Version : REVENGE: Obama Cuts Off Aid to School That Rejected Michelle’s School Lunches

Jeff
06-11-2015, 06:50 AM
Well imagine that, Obama getting revenge :rolleyes: yup this school decided they didn't like the Mooch's idea for school lunches so it will cost them dearly. This guy needs to be thrown in jail not living in OUR WH.

President Obama is famous for punishing his political enemies – it’s the Chicago Way of doing things in politics. But now, he has taken things a step further and is punishing children in a school to make his point. Why would he do this? Because the school decided to end the Michelle Obama school lunch program.
This seems unbelievably petty, but it is true. The Conservative Tribune (http://conservativetribune.com/obama-to-get-revenge-on-school/) reports:

http://teapartyorg.ning.com/forum/topic/show?id=4301673%3ATopic%3A3724767&xgs=1&xg_source=msg_share_topic

NightTrain
06-11-2015, 08:06 AM
Sounds about right.

Kathianne
06-11-2015, 08:28 AM
I'm not denying the craziness of Michelle's lunch program, schools increasingly have been dropping out. However, they know fully that they are going to lose the federal lunch/breakfast/dinner subsidies in doing so.

I'm assuming the schools are knowingly making the decision to raise the prices of the lunches, in the stated case, .50, in order to see less waste and have kids getting the serving portions they need.

What is actually happening is that those who qualified for 'free' meals, they are losing just part of their fed subsidized nutrition program. Qualifying for 'lunch program' means their folks are already receiving SNAP benefits, so no child should be in dire straits.

Trigg
06-11-2015, 08:35 AM
I recently started working at a local school and the food waste from her program is astounding. The serving portions have gotten a lot of press, but there is also another side. The students have to take a fruit ( usually a banana or apple), most don't want it and so the fruit is thrown away, by the thousands each week. The schools aren't allowed to take it to a food pantry because the students have touched it.

I commend her for wanting kids to eat healthier, but her program is a disaster.

Kathianne
06-11-2015, 08:37 AM
I recently started working at a local school and the food waste from her program is astounding. The serving portions have gotten a lot of press, but there is also another side. The students have to take a fruit ( usually a banana or apple), most don't want it and so the fruit is thrown away, by the thousands each week. The schools aren't allowed to take it to a food pantry because the students have touched it.

I totally agree and the stories of the bad fruit served and tossed has garnered plenty of press. One thing about Twitter, there's an astronomical following for https://twitter.com/hashtag/thanksmichelleobama

NightTrain
06-11-2015, 08:46 AM
My kids almost always pack a lunch from home because we have good food here and the food at school is generally pretty awful.

You know the food is pretty bad when a teenager (mine, anyway) turns their nose up at it.

Jeff
06-11-2015, 08:52 AM

My kids almost always pack a lunch from home because we have good food here and the food at school is generally pretty awful.

You know the food is pretty bad when a teenager (mine, anyway) turns their nose up at it.

My kids say they don't get fruit, I personally can only say that I went to a thanksgiving lunch with them and the food was terrible, no salt or pepper mashed potatoes with no gravy or butter, it was just awful, but they did get a cup of ice cream that day, I would say at least 85% of the kids threw the entire tray in the trash, but ate the ice cream, and I have to admit, I tried the food but wound up doing the same as the kids.

A friend of mine works in the elementary school cafeteria and she has backed my kids stories that a pack of ketchup is considered a vegetable, that is just one example ( the strongest one ) of how sad the lunches are. My boys are 12 and 13, my 13 year old is a pretty big kid and never stops eating, but he refuses to eat at school, and that surprises me, I have seen him eat some nasty stuff, but he doesn't want anything to do with school lunches.

Kathianne
06-11-2015, 08:55 AM

Mine did the same back when. Though the food was certainly better than what seems to now be served, there was no doubt that what they brought from home was better and to their liking.

gabosaurus
06-11-2015, 09:55 AM
Why not try using a real news source instead of a right wing blog. :rolleyes:

http://www.startribune.com/prior-lake-high-opts-out-of-federal-school-lunch-program/305864931/

jimnyc
06-11-2015, 10:31 AM
Why not try using a real news source instead of a right wing blog. :rolleyes:

http://www.startribune.com/prior-lake-high-opts-out-of-federal-school-lunch-program/305864931/

Who was it that recently defended this member? Stating that SHE normally gets attacked by others, and replies in kind? THIS is how the trolling starts, while others are in the midst of a civil discussion. God forbid she chime in with an alternate view and a link, and enter the discussion, she instantly goes looking for trouble. WHAT a surprise.

gabosaurus
06-11-2015, 10:39 AM
Jim! Good to see that you still post here!! :cool:

I was not "attacking" anyone. Merely wanting independent verification of news source.

jimnyc
06-11-2015, 10:45 AM
Jim! Good to see that you still post here!! :cool:

I was not "attacking" anyone. Merely wanting independent verification of news source.

Why would you be glad about ANY member here? Last I saw you were advising a new member to leave this place and spoke of hostile treatment. But whatever. Take it up with Revelarts, as its him who believes you are attacked by others, for whatever reason. I no longer care, just decided to point that out as it was fresh in my memory.

Thunderknuckles
06-11-2015, 10:59 AM
I'm not denying the craziness of Michelle's lunch program, schools increasingly have been dropping out. However, they know fully that they are going to lose the federal lunch/breakfast/dinner subsidies in doing so.

I'm assuming the schools are knowingly making the decision to raise the prices of the lunches, in the stated case, .50, in order to see less waste and have kids getting the serving portions they need.

What is actually happening is that those who qualified for 'free' meals, they are losing just part of their fed subsidized nutrition program. Qualifying for 'lunch program' means their folks are already receiving SNAP benefits, so no child should be in dire straits.
Kat, your the voice of reason :)
That blog was heavily biased and clearly left out the facts that we are already aware of. This was not "revenge". We all know schools have a choice in this matter. Accept the federal lunch program and they receive federal subsidies to help fund it. Reject the program and they lose the subsidies. Pretty straightforward.

Perianne
06-11-2015, 12:21 PM
Kat, your the voice of reason :)
That blog was heavily biased and clearly left out the facts that we are already aware of. This was not "revenge". We all know schools have a choice in this matter. Accept the federal lunch program and they receive federal subsidies to help fund it. Reject the program and they lose the subsidies. Pretty straightforward.

Why should the Feds have any say in local school cafeteria decisions?

Jeff
06-11-2015, 03:02 PM

It is a game they play to get what they want, no it may not be called revenge, that may be a bit strong, but it is the same as Helmet laws, if a state doesn't have a helmet law the Fed take away money they would receive if they did, maybe a better word to describe it would be legal black mail.

As for Gabby I have shown your stories where wrong so many times I can count them, Jim is exactly right, you come in and attack the source of the story and then the personal insults, welcome back, man am I excited. :rolleyes: But just for shits and giggles are you trying to say school systems that don't use your Hero's lunch program don't lose money ?

gabosaurus
06-11-2015, 03:48 PM
As for Gabby I have shown your stories where wrong so many times I can count them, Jim is exactly right, you come in and attack the source of the story and then the personal insults, welcome back, man am I excited. :rolleyes: But just for shits and giggles are you trying to say school systems that don't use your Hero's lunch program don't lose money ?

It's a federal statute. You either follow the guidelines or you lose federal aid.
Just for shits and giggles, are you trying to say that you support schools bringing back sodas, candy and deep fryers? In an era where a third of our children are obese and don't get enough exercise?
Sorry if I hurt your feelings. I know you like to be right all the time. :cool:

Thunderknuckles
06-11-2015, 05:02 PM
They onlyhave a say if a school voluntarily enters the program.

Just for shits and giggles, are you trying to say that you support schools bringing back sodas, candy and deep fryers? In an era where a third of our children are obese and don't get enough exercise?
I'll bite and say yes, I'm in favor of it. Assuming a child eats 3 meals a day, school lunches account for a meager 16% of their yearly meals. Adjusting what they eat at school does little about their overall caloric intake, one way or the other, when 84% of their meals are had at home.
A better idea would be a daily fitness program, in addition to regular recess, where children undergo planned supervised exercise activities. It should be the first thing they do in the morning as it would increase their metabolism, focus, and cognitive abilities for the remainder of the day. Doing that 5 days a week would have a far greater impact on their fitness than just about anything else...and they get to keep the deep fryer! :)

Jeff
06-11-2015, 06:05 PM
It's a federal statute. You either follow the guidelines or you lose federal aid.

Like I said it is legal Blackmail

Nope never said that never even applied that, and I can only speak for my boys who are school age, one is skinny as a rail and wrestles in the 98 lb weight class the other is taller and broader, he wrestles in the 135 weight class. Truth be told lunch has nothing to do with these kids being over weight Gabs, it is the fact that we are in the computer age, heck my kids where just as guilty as any, Play Station, X Box and lets not forget Wii. Yes my kids had all 3 at one point in time, heck I remember coming in off the road and my boys where all excited ( it was football season ) they where telling me about runs they made passes they threw and tackles they made, I thought dang they are a one man team :laugh: Hell then they slipped up and told me they won the Superbowl, they where all excited about a John Madden football game. Yup Play Station flew out the back window that weekend. :laugh: I know when I was a kid we couldn't wait to get our chores done and get outside to meet our friends, we played sports all day long, until 5:25 ( we ate at 5:30 ) and as soon as we cleaned up our plates it was back outside until the street lights came on, kids now a days sit in front of a screen, kids are over weight because we allow them to be couch potatoes , Computers nuts I guess is a better saying.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings. I know you like to be right all the time. :cool:

Heck Gabs everyone likes to be right, but honestly I wont fight tooth or nail with many on here because I am usually wrong, I learn a lot on this site, and yes every now and then I do get one in, hell even a broken clock is right twice a day. :laugh:

fj1200
06-12-2015, 08:35 AM
Heck Gabs everyone likes to be right, but honestly I wont fight tooth or nail with many on here because I am usually wrong, I learn a lot on this site, and yes every now and then I do get one in, hell even a broken clock is right twice a day. :laugh:

But a clock that is just 10 minutes off is never right. :poke:

:scared:

Jeff
06-12-2015, 08:45 AM
But a clock that is just 10 minutes off is never right. :poke:

:scared:

Pri**, go feed the bears :laugh:

fj1200
06-12-2015, 08:46 AM
Pri**, go feed the bears :laugh:

:laugh: