PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite thing about being an atheist?

Lightning Waltz
07-03-2007, 07:22 PM
Mine? Sunday mornings free.

I love going grocery shopping on Sundays. All the Christians are in church and I can get in and out of there quickly.

How about you?

manu1959
07-03-2007, 07:24 PM

I love going grocery shopping on Sundays. All the Christians are in church and I can get in and out of there quickly.

How about you?

save money at christmas....no gifts....or decorations and you make extra money working as no self respecting aethist would take the day off

glockmail
07-03-2007, 07:35 PM

How about you?

I go to mass on Saturdays. :poke:

diuretic
07-03-2007, 08:01 PM
My knees are grateful. Even as a kid I used to groan when it was time to do the kneeling thing. The pews had really rough benches on which to kneel. Up...down....up....down....up....down. I was really grateful when it was time for the priest to turn around and tell us to go (it was in Latin in those days).

Trigg
07-03-2007, 08:36 PM
save money at christmas....no gifts....or decorations and you make extra money working as no self respecting aethist would take the day off

No, they still celebrate Christmas. It's all about the presents dontcha know. Rudolph, santa, frosty.

Just take a stroll through the stores at that time of year. Not a baby jesus in sight.

Trigg
07-03-2007, 08:37 PM
My knees are grateful. Even as a kid I used to groan when it was time to do the kneeling thing. The pews had really rough benches on which to kneel. Up...down....up....down....up....down. I was really grateful when it was time for the priest to turn around and tell us to go (it was in Latin in those days).

You just need to become a Methodist. A couple of songs, sermon and the lords prayer and we're out of there.

gabosaurus
07-03-2007, 08:49 PM
Atheist or no, everybody worships something. Some of us worship God. Others worship money.

Lightning Waltz
07-03-2007, 09:41 PM
Atheist or no, everybody worships something. Some of us worship God. Others worship money.

Sorry, I don't worship money. But, I do know those that claim to worship a "God", but worship money instead (Bush, Cheney, etc).

Does that count?

Lightning Waltz
07-03-2007, 09:45 PM
No, they still celebrate Christmas. It's all about the presents dontcha know. Rudolph, santa, frosty.

Just take a stroll through the stores at that time of year. Not a baby jesus in sight.

It's the same with most Christians, as well.

Lightning Waltz
07-03-2007, 09:46 PM
I go to mass on Saturdays. :poke:

So, you're the bastard that leaves the cart in the middle of the aisel while inspecting each and every can of peas until you find just the right one...meanwhile, everyone else has to move your freaking cart to the side, or wait until you are done...

glockmail
07-03-2007, 10:10 PM
So, you're the bastard that leaves the cart in the middle of the aisel while inspecting each and every can of peas until you find just the right one...meanwhile, everyone else has to move your freaking cart to the side, or wait until you are done...
Wrong-o. Don't eat canned peas either. Frozen fer me. :D

diuretic
07-03-2007, 10:19 PM
You just need to become a Methodist. A couple of songs, sermon and the lords prayer and we're out of there.

There you go, I had no choice of course but that sounds eminently more sensible to me :D

MtnBiker
07-03-2007, 10:21 PM

Or climate change.