PDA

View Full Version : Woman helped 2 men escape from prison

jimnyc
06-12-2015, 09:40 AM
I guess she thought if the went to the hospital for "nerves" that all would be ok? LOL Now the facts are starting to come out, and we know how they escaped. They were onto their scent with dogs yesterday, so I guess it's only a matter of time. I hope this woman is sentenced for the rest of her life, as now society has to deal with 2 escaped murderers.

---

A 51-year-old prison employee who is suspected of having a relationship with an inmate reportedly confessed to smuggling power tools into the maximum-security facility to help two convicts escape.

Joyce Mitchell was allegedly supposed to be the duo's getaway driver after they broke out of Clinton Correctional Facility in upstate New York, but she apparently backed out at the last minute and checked herself into a hospital for "nerves."

The Times Union in Albany reports that Mitchell confessed her role in the scheme to the state police. She reportedly told authorities that she smuggled power tools into the prison and gave the inmates access to a cellphone.

The inmates then apparently used the power tools to cut holes through a steel wall in their cells and pipes in the bowels of the prison to escape.

Clinton County district attorney Andrew Wylie confirmed to CNN on Friday that Mitchell "provided some form of equipment or tools" to the two men, Richard Matt and David Sweat.

Authorities are still searching for the two convicts, 48-year-old Matt and 34-year-old Sweat. They were both serving time for murder.

Earlier this week, the FBI told the Times Union that authorities thought the escapees were within a 5- to 10-mile radius of the prison. They most likely had to escape on foot after the getaway plan with Mitchell fell through.

Mitchell worked as an industrial-training supervisor in the tailor shop of the prison and is thought to have developed a relationship with Matt. He reportedly spent months wooing her to get her to participate in his escape plot. Senior government officials told NBC News that Mitchell "thought it was love" with Matt.

State corrections officials investigated Mitchell's relationship with Matt after a coworker filed a complaint, but they reportedly did not find enough evidence to take action against Mitchell.

Matt was most likely able to interact with Mitchell because he was being held on the "honor block" of the prison for good behavior and was allowed to spend most of his time outside his cell.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/female-prison-employee-reportedly-confessed-121305075.html#

Kathianne
06-12-2015, 09:50 AM
It appears this woman has serious 'problems.' An hour ago:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/06/12/new-york-prison-escape-search/71111600/

<section id="module-position-OL4sGVhVi2c" class="storytopbar-bucket story-headline-module" style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; line-height: 17.9200000762939px;">Worker gave escaped inmates 'equipment' but no power tools, D.A. says

</section>http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/dd8b1baf67130a1edc52e1868cb7f1ece5f42a54/r=26&c=26x26/local/-/media/USATODAY/staff/images/v2/Stanglin_Doug.png Doug Stanglin (http://www.usatoday.com/staff/781/doug-stanglin/), USA TODAY10:19 a.m. EDT June 12, 2015

Clinton County District Attorney Andrew Wylie said Friday that a female prison employee did provide two escaped prisoners with contraband materials before the fled, but not the critical power tools used in the daring breakout.

Wylie, meeting with reporters near where searchers are looking for the escaped killers in Upstate New York, said that Joyce Mitchell, a supervisor at the prison tailor shop, had been reluctant at first to discuss her relationship with the pair but has since been very cooperative.

Richard Matt, 48, and David Sweat, 34, escaped from the <culink class="culinks" culang="en" href="http://curiyo.com/en/topic/Clinton Correctional Facility" title="" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dashed; cursor: help; display: inline !important; float: none !important; padding: 0px !important; margin: 0px !important; border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 155, 255) !important;">Clinton Correctional Facility</culink> late last week, cutting through cell walls and into a steam pipe before fleeing through a manhole.

Matt was serving 25 years to life for kidnapping, dismembering and killing his former boss in 1997. Sweat was serving a life sentence without parole for killing a sheriff's deputy.

Wylie said said Mitchell "provided some form of equipment or tools" to the two men but "did not bring power tools into the facility based on our investigation." He did not say where the men got the sophisticated tools used in the escape.

CNN, quoting two unidentified law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation, reported (http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/12/us/new-york-prison-break/) that Mitchell gave the inmates hacksaw blades. She also gave Matt two pairs of eyeglasses with lights attached, as well as drill bits, according to one of the sources.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/new-york-prison-escape/officials-say-prison-worker-joyce-mitchell-planned-be-getaway-driver-n373571

Joyce Mitchell, the New York prison worker being questioned in the escape of two murderers, was charmed by one of the inmates and planned to be their getaway driver until she got cold feet, sources familiar with the case told NBC News.One of the inmates, Richard Matt, established a relationship with Mitchell over a couple of months, the sources said.

"She thought it was love," one said.

Instead of being the getaway driver, Mitchell went to the hospital and checked herself in, the sources said. As NBC News has previously reported (http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/new-york-prison-escape/son-prison-worker-questioned-escape-says-mom-would-not-assist-n372416), Mitchell checked in on Saturday, the day the inmates were reported missing, with "a case of nerves."

jimnyc
06-12-2015, 09:56 AM
Odd that she was reported by a coworker for her activity with the one prisoner, but not enough evidence found. In a high security prison you would think it would have at least merited extra monitoring. How did she get ANY contraband into the prison, let alone power tools. And bejeezus, the walls to their cells were like 2 feet thick I read? How did the entire prison not hear this escape?

I still would have liked to see the guys faces when they came out the manhole and found their getaway car nowhere to be found!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-12-2015, 10:03 AM
I guess she thought if the went to the hospital for "nerves" that all would be ok? LOL Now the facts are starting to come out, and we know how they escaped. They were onto their scent with dogs yesterday, so I guess it's only a matter of time. I hope this woman is sentenced for the rest of her life, as now society has to deal with 2 escaped murderers.

---

A 51-year-old prison employee who is suspected of having a relationship with an inmate reportedly confessed to smuggling power tools into the maximum-security facility to help two convicts escape.

Joyce Mitchell was allegedly supposed to be the duo's getaway driver after they broke out of Clinton Correctional Facility in upstate New York, but she apparently backed out at the last minute and checked herself into a hospital for "nerves."

The Times Union in Albany reports that Mitchell confessed her role in the scheme to the state police. She reportedly told authorities that she smuggled power tools into the prison and gave the inmates access to a cellphone.

The inmates then apparently used the power tools to cut holes through a steel wall in their cells and pipes in the bowels of the prison to escape.

Clinton County district attorney Andrew Wylie confirmed to CNN on Friday that Mitchell "provided some form of equipment or tools" to the two men, Richard Matt and David Sweat.

Authorities are still searching for the two convicts, 48-year-old Matt and 34-year-old Sweat. They were both serving time for murder.

Earlier this week, the FBI told the Times Union that authorities thought the escapees were within a 5- to 10-mile radius of the prison. They most likely had to escape on foot after the getaway plan with Mitchell fell through.

Mitchell worked as an industrial-training supervisor in the tailor shop of the prison and is thought to have developed a relationship with Matt. He reportedly spent months wooing her to get her to participate in his escape plot. Senior government officials told NBC News that Mitchell "thought it was love" with Matt.

State corrections officials investigated Mitchell's relationship with Matt after a coworker filed a complaint, but they reportedly did not find enough evidence to take action against Mitchell.

Matt was most likely able to interact with Mitchell because he was being held on the "honor block" of the prison for good behavior and was allowed to spend most of his time outside his cell.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/female-prison-employee-reportedly-confessed-121305075.html#

Call me old fashioned or anything else but there are some jobs that woman should not do..
Guarding male prisoners or even being in the vicinity to interact with those male prisoners is one of those jobs IMHO. Tyr

LongTermGuy
06-12-2015, 01:13 PM
Call me old fashioned or anything else but there are some jobs that woman should not do..
Guarding male prisoners or even being in the vicinity to interact with those male prisoners is one of those jobs IMHO. Tyr

*Yup...Your doing good...even Kat agrees! :)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-12-2015, 05:17 PM
*Yup...Your doing good...even Kat agrees! :)

Trust me, when Kat agrees, I generally know I am on the right path. :beer: :beer:-Tyr

LongTermGuy
06-12-2015, 09:42 PM
Trust me, when Kat agrees, I generally know I am on the right path. :beer: :beer:-Tyr

Roger dat Amigo!:laugh:

Kathianne
06-12-2015, 10:14 PM
I've always said there are some very smart people here. :angel:

LongTermGuy
06-12-2015, 10:15 PM
I've always said there are some very smart people here. :angel:

*Yes dear...we know your watching...and we love you!:coffee: