PDA

View Full Version : Hitler Ice Cream, is it a problem?

tailfins
06-12-2015, 08:03 PM
What this story misses that a "hitler" in India is a generically difficult, ill-tempered person. It is not meant to reference WWII directly. I think this is a place where lefties are refusing to consider the cultural context. A "hitler" has become a slang, commonly used expression. I could see how calling an ice cream "hitler" would mean that it's so good, that it would put a smile on even a "hitler" face.

“In our Uttar Pradesh village, anyone who has a ‘karak mejaz’ is called Hitler,” Kumar explained to the Hindustan Times. (http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/ice-cream-to-bed-sheets-what-lies-behind-india-s-fascination-with-hitler/article1-1353990.aspx)“One of my uncles is a short-tempered and strict man, so we nicknamed him Hitler. While naming this particular batch of cones, I thought why can’t we have a little fun at the expense of my uncle and name the cones after him! That was how the name originated.”

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/06/12/hitler-ice-cream-from-india-sparks-controversy-around-world/

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGw6HlxWoAEaa9x.jpg

gabosaurus
06-12-2015, 09:29 PM
I've heard about Hitler Ice Cream. It's smooth and pleasing to the taste. But once consumed, it takes over your taste buds and occupies all your insides.

The French initially resisted the introduction of Hitler Ice Cream, but quickly surrendered to its full-flavored attack.

Wanting to preserve the market share of their own ice creams, the Brits attempted to negotiate. But they were soon overwhelmed by boat loads of Hitler Ice Cream crossing the channel. Kids of all ages openly defied the British ice cream police. One bold lass stated:
"We shall eat on the beaches, we shall eat in the parking lots, we shall eat in the shoppes and in the streets, we shall eat in the hills. We shall defend our ice cream, whatever the cost may be. We shall never surrender!"

LongTermGuy
06-12-2015, 09:44 PM
I've heard about Hitler Ice Cream. It's smooth and pleasing to the taste. But once consumed, it takes over your taste buds and occupies all your insides.

The French initially resisted the introduction of Hitler Ice Cream, but quickly surrendered to its full-flavored attack.

Wanting to preserve the market share of their own ice creams, the Brits attempted to negotiate. But they were soon overwhelmed by boat loads of Hitler Ice Cream crossing the channel. Kids of all ages openly defied the British ice cream police. One bold lass stated:
"We shall eat on the beaches, we shall eat in the parking lots, we shall eat in the shoppes and in the streets, we shall eat in the hills. We shall defend our ice cream, whatever the cost may be. We shall never surrender!"

:laugh: :)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-12-2015, 10:02 PM

Yes ma'am that Brit bulldog loved his ice cream and dearly wanted to smash the newest ice cream freaks.
And to that end he executed a Herculean effort , getting the job done and later was punished by the ice cream lovers that he had just saved.
Which serves to yet again prove the old adage of --"no good deed goes unpunished", as the world's current master rewards evil and punishes good.. A fact.. -Tyr

Drummond
06-12-2015, 10:30 PM
Yes ma'am that Brit bulldog loved his ice cream and dearly wanted to smash the newest ice cream freaks.
And to that end he executed a Herculean effort , getting the job done and later was punished by the ice cream lovers that he had just saved.
Which serves to yet again prove the old adage of --"no good deed goes unpunished", as the world's current master rewards evil and punishes good.. A fact.. -Tyr

Yes. One of the most shameful episodes of British electoral history .. Churchill being stabbed in the back so soon after sterling leadership against Nazism. Disgusting.

Drummond
06-12-2015, 10:35 PM

Do they do bacon flavour ?