PDA

View Full Version : How to do well in a "politically correct" environment

tailfins
06-13-2015, 05:39 PM
It's simple really: Just follow a personal non-fraternization policy. People you don't talk to have essentially no evidence to accuse you of offending them. Limit your communication to greetings and tasks to be completed. Someone offended by my pointing out their copy-and-paste coding can be accused of acting offended to cover up their slipshod work. If you do communicate, only communicate with those who are proven extremely trustworthy. When you "politically correct" people complain about a sterile frigid culture, my reply is: You made that bed, now sleep in it. If I'm implementing a non-fraternization policy that means I don't care about the people I meet, good or bad, the height of indifference you might say. I don't care if you win the lottery, bring a new child into the world, your child dies or even you die. You're like a robot to me. Of course you don't SAY any of those things, you just DO them.

Drummond
06-13-2015, 08:00 PM
It's simple really: Just follow a personal non-fraternization policy. People you don't talk to have essentially no evidence to accuse you of offending them. Limit your communication to greetings and tasks to be completed. Someone offended by my pointing out their copy-and-paste coding can be accused of acting offended to cover up their slipshod work. If you do communicate, only communicate with those who are proven extremely trustworthy. When you "politically correct" people complain about a sterile frigid culture, my reply is: You made that bed, now sleep in it. If I'm implementing a non-fraternization policy that means I don't care about the people I meet, good or bad, the height of indifference you might say. I don't care if you win the lottery, bring a new child into the world, your child dies or even you die. You're like a robot to me. Of course you don't SAY any of those things, you just DO them.

Summarising .. you 'do well' by playing safe. By letting that environment limit you, as of course such an environment exists to do.

Perhaps those fashioning such an environment don't win all they'd hope to win. However, it also continues on, unthreatened by something novel, such as - oh, I dunno - expression of free and thought-provoking expressivity, say.

Does such an environment deserve to flourish ?

tailfins
06-14-2015, 08:49 AM
Summarising .. you 'do well' by playing safe. By letting that environment limit you, as of course such an environment exists to do.

Perhaps those fashioning such an environment don't win all they'd hope to win. However, it also continues on, unthreatened by something novel, such as - oh, I dunno - expression of free and thought-provoking expressivity, say.

Does such an environment deserve to flourish ?

There is a means of expression in a politically correct environment: It's called a lawsuit. One of the most annoying things when suing an unreasonable person is when they say "Why didn't you come talk to me about this?". You know good and well if you had, the question would have been "Are you threatening me?" Therefore, it is better to blindside someone with adverse action than to warn them, lest you be accused of "threatening" them.

gabosaurus
06-14-2015, 10:58 AM
It's simple really: Just follow a personal non-fraternization policy. People you don't talk to have essentially no evidence to accuse you of offending them...

You are paranoid beyond belief.
The best way to arouse suspicion is to not talk to anyone and not associate with anyone. People will wonder what you are hiding and why.
Your "policy" is hindering your kids, who should be trying to make as many friends as they can.

tailfins
06-14-2015, 11:32 AM
You are paranoid beyond belief.
The best way to arouse suspicion is to not talk to anyone and not associate with anyone. People will wonder what you are hiding and why.
Your "policy" is hindering your kids, who should be trying to make as many friends as they can.

There are those who occasionally come into my path who prod and pry. When they do, they get a huge burden put upon them. The get hit over the head with the Americans With Disabilities Act, then get put into a position that expecting ANY social skills is an act of discrimination and prosecuted accordingly. Anglo feminists are the worst offenders in this sense. Indians and Middle Easterners are the least offensive. You want to talk about a "glass ceiling"? How does this grab you for a glass ceiling?

Today, 35 percent of individuals with an autism spectrum disorder are attending college, but it is believed that people with Asperger’s have a 75-85 percent unemployment rate. For employers, this is an incredible hiring opportunity. But, how can you learn to successfully manage individuals with Asperger Syndrome?

http://www.diversityjournal.com/9929-is-it-time-for-aspergers-in-the-workplace/

So while you feminists whine about not getting to be CEO, I meet people in support group meetings with Masters and PhDs that get fired from custodial jobs near minimum wage. I'm not paranoid, I'm experienced, I'm also part of the 15% that have a job that matches their skills. Some people work hard to make me part of that 85%, and when they do, they get a visit from a process server and a court date. You match the profile of some of the people I have sued.

I'm actually opening up a bit at my current job. Almost everyone I work with is Indian or Middle Eastern. My manager, who is Indian, thinks I might even be able to be a lead for the offshore team. He is impressed at my patience for people with thick accents.

My oldest son is starting to socialize too, he does tend to favor Asian friends, though.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-14-2015, 02:35 PM
There are those who occasionally come into my path who prod and pry. When they do, they get a huge burden put upon them. The get hit over the head with the Americans With Disabilities Act, then get put into a position that expecting ANY social skills is an act of discrimination and prosecuted accordingly. Anglo feminists are the worst offenders in this sense. Indians and Middle Easterners are the least offensive. You want to talk about a "glass ceiling"? How does this grab you for a glass ceiling?

http://www.diversityjournal.com/9929-is-it-time-for-aspergers-in-the-workplace/

So while you feminists whine about not getting to be CEO, I meet people in support group meetings with Masters and PhDs that get fired from custodial jobs near minimum wage. I'm not paranoid, I'm experienced, I'm also part of the 15% that have a job that matches their skills. Some people work hard to make me part of that 85%, and when they do, they get a visit from a process server and a court date. You match the profile of some of the people I have sued.

I'm actually opening up a bit at my current job. Almost everyone I work with is Indian or Middle Eastern. My manager, who is Indian, thinks I might even be able to be a lead for the offshore team. He is impressed at my patience for people with thick accents.

My oldest son is starting to socialize too, he does tend to favor Asian friends, though.

So with greed your main motivator and personal demi-god you favor selling any integrity you may have ever had to the highest bidder.
I must say, that is very capitalistic of you but in no way honorable...
Point of fact is its the very definition of dishonor but thats your right here in the country--to be as greedy and dishonorable as you like.
And to even teach such as a virtue or a superior method of living.
Just do not be shocked that some of us you think your are so much more intelligent than see right through it all and call you in on it Hoss.
Four of my siblings have IQ's well above 150. Two have been diagnosed as having Aspergers.
I have the highest IQ AMONG THE FOUR. No brag just fact..

My grandson right now is currently being evaluated because he is so disruptive at school. Recent testing shows that although he is in the second grade he operates on a 4th or 5th grade level in many areas. They think he cuts up because he is bored! Which was exactly why I cut up so much in high school, as a 7th grader I was reading and clearly understanding my brother's school books(all of them)- he was a graduating senior.

Life is about more than greed or intelligence .. Its about decent living!! Family values and faith in God. All the rest is just window dressing and/or human failure, falsely praised and culturally admired IMHO.-Tyr

Drummond
06-14-2015, 08:40 PM
There is a means of expression in a politically correct environment: It's called a lawsuit. One of the most annoying things when suing an unreasonable person is when they say "Why didn't you come talk to me about this?". You know good and well if you had, the question would have been "Are you threatening me?" Therefore, it is better to blindside someone with adverse action than to warn them, lest you be accused of "threatening" them.

Not everyone can afford to go the lawsuit route. That's surely the flaw in that argument.

tailfins
06-14-2015, 08:53 PM
Not everyone can afford to go the lawsuit route. That's surely the flaw in that argument.

We have something called contingency fee attorneys, they take 30% with no money up front. It very rarely ever gets that far though. A few years ago some catty female director deliberately did things to disorient me such as put me in a work area with lots of movement and sound. A team lead also tipped me off that she asked two managers to deliberately give me conflicting instructions. All it took was an Equal Employment Opportunity Commission caseworker to call that director to "ask a few questions before starting an investigation". All the problems magically went away after that. A director that gets a "founded" EEOC complaint generally gets fired. As an added bonus, many companies ask management applicants "Have your actions ever caused an EEOC complaint to be filed against your employer?" If the answer is yes, it makes it much harder for that person to get a new job. It often isn't even necessary to file a complaint. Unless a person is completely daft, they tread lightly once they know an EEOC caseworker knows about the situation, knowing it could very easily escalate.

Max R.
06-14-2015, 09:37 PM
The three word summation is "Keep it professional".

The people I've seen get into trouble are the ones who end up saying "Bu..bu..but I was only joking!"

tailfins
06-14-2015, 09:51 PM
The three word summation is "Keep it professional".

The people I've seen get into trouble are the ones who end up saying "Bu..bu..but I was only joking!"

And don't forget: Screwing with "Milton" went out with the last century!

The scene below could turn into a serious legal problem nowadays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctOBMFznkto

gabosaurus
06-14-2015, 09:57 PM
We have something called contingency fee attorneys, they take 30% with no money up front. It very rarely ever gets that far though. A few years ago some...

So you spend most of your work day looking for reasons to file complaints against people? And you special working conditions created just for you? And if anyone crosses you, they will get a complaint filed against them?

And honest question -- do you have any friends at all? Do you socialize with anyone? Are your kids afraid of everyone they come across? Or do they just stay inside all day and watch Fox News?

tailfins
06-14-2015, 10:30 PM
So you spend most of your work day looking for reasons to file complaints against people?

I spend most of my work day writing code. That's proper maintainable, object-oriented code with very few bugs. I recently got an email from a boss (another Indian) from last year, telling me the code I wrote is still in use.

And you special working conditions created just for you?

Not any more. At first nothing more than a low-traffic work area and not be disciplined for social expectations beyond my ability. At Harvard University, they already had a department policy. The result was that all my work was received and submitted through a gatekeeper. My latest Indian boss here in Texas acts as gatekeeper. I'm told I do very well with an offshore team. Almost zero social skills are required. Some people know exactly what to do without my asking.

And if anyone crosses you, they will get a complaint filed against them?

I'm not going to "take it on the chin". I have gotten bosses fired before, and in one case the problem was a CEO, she gave me a substantial amount of money to leave the company on my own.

And honest question -- do you have any friends at all?

Three: All of them immigrants. Two Asians and one Ukrainian. (I'm just waiting on the tongue-lashing from Balu) :laugh: My pair-programming partner in my current job are on the way to becoming friends. He's Muslim, by the way. I even helped him fill out forms to help some of his family members get Visas.

Do you socialize with anyone?

Only at church.

Are your kids afraid of everyone they come across?

Not afraid, just careful. They also have the idea that unfriendly people deserve zero courtesy and can be dealt with by rule/law enforcement.

Or do they just stay inside all day and watch Fox News?

They play lots of video games. Their friendships center around going over to other kids houses and sharing video game strategies. As I mentioned before. They tend to favor Asian kids.