PDA

View Full Version : Border Security

indago
06-15-2015, 07:36 AM
From The Associated Press 10 June 2015:
------------------------------------------------------------
The Mexican government says it regrets Texas Gov. Greg Abbott's decision to sign into law an $800 million border security package that will mean more state troopers, cameras and a spy plane to patrol the U.S. state's 1,200-mile border with Mexico.

One of the provisions will toughen punishments for convicted human traffickers.

Mexico's Foreign Relations Department said Wednesday the new law will "promote division between our societies, and runs contrary to the principles and values governing the U.S.-Mexico bilateral relationship."

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/L/LT_MEXICO_TEXAS_BORDER_SECURITY?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-06-10-21-34-22)

Balu
06-15-2015, 07:55 AM
The Mexican government says it regrets Texas Gov. Greg Abbott's decision to sign into law an $800 million border security package that will mean more state troopers, cameras and a spy plane to patrol the U.S. state's 1,200-mile border with Mexico.

Mexico's Foreign Relations Department said Wednesday the new law will "promote division between our societies, and runs contrary to the principles and values governing the U.S.-Mexico bilateral relationship."

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/L/LT_MEXICO_TEXAS_BORDER_SECURITY?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-06-10-21-34-22)

To compare - the length of Russian surface border (rivers and lakes included) is about 13,828 miles and a sea border is about 38,807 land miles. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/secret.gif

CSM
06-15-2015, 08:45 AM
To compare - the length of Russian surface border (rivers and lakes included) is about 13,828 miles and a sea border is about 38,807 land miles. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/secret.gif

The difference is that nobody in their right mind wants to go to Russia!

Balu
06-15-2015, 08:59 AM
The difference is that nobody in their right mind wants to go to Russia!
I would advise you to investigate the point prior to such statements, not to be confused. Please, be kindly informed:

Russia hosts the world’s largest population of immigrants after the United States, according to a new UN study showing that the number of people living abroad across the globe has reached a record high.

MOSCOW, September 12 (RIA Novosti) – Russia hosts the world’s largest population of immigrants after the United States, according to a new UN study showing that the number of people living abroad across the globe has reached a record high.
New figures released Wednesday by the UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN-DESA) in New York indicated that 232 million people (3.2 percent of the world’s population) live abroad. Over 11 million of them live in Russia, the study found.
The total number of international migrants has considerably increased over the past two decades, from 154 million in 1990 to 175 million in 2000.
The US remains the most popular destination with a total 45.8 million migrants, while Germany (9.8 million) is ranked third after Russia, the UN study said.
But while the number of foreign migrants has been steadily growing since 2000 in the US and other most popular destinations, Russia recorded a slight annual average decrease of about 0.6 percent in its immigrant population in that period. According to UN data, Russia hosted 12 million migrants in 2000.
The immigration issue remains a contentious one in Russia’s politics and society, with surveys consistently revealing popular hostility towards the influx of people from abroad. Government migration officials estimate that most of Russia’s immigrants originate from the impoverished neighboring former Soviet nations that share a visa-free regime with the country and are mostly looking for work.
"The former Soviet Union retains close migratory ties," the UN study said, adding that "bilateral migrant stocks" are especially large in Kazakhstan, Russia and Ukraine.
Russia’s Federal Migration Service (FMS) said Thursday only a minor percentage of international migrants have permanently settled in Russia, unlike the situation in Europe, according to official data.
The number of immigrants in Russia registered as temporary and permanent residents stands at 718,600, an FMS spokesperson told RIA Novosti.
“Most of those people have integrated in our society and contribute to Russia’s economy. Experts estimate that Russia has a demand for more such people,” the spokesperson added.
According to the study, the other world’s top destinations for people moving abroad include Saudi Arabia (9.1 million),United Arab Emirates (7.8 million), United Kingdom (7.8 million), France (7.4 million), Canada (7.3 million), Australia (6.5 million), and Spain (6.5 million).
The data showed Asians account for the largest group of migrants in 2013, accounting for about 19 million people living in Europe, some 16 million in North America and about 3 million in Oceania.
The figures were released ahead of a high-level global summit on migration and development to be held by the UN General Assembly in New York on October 3 and 4.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/russia/20130912/183384782.html#ixzz3d8gkoztT

tailfins
06-15-2015, 09:13 AM
I would advise you to investigate the point prior to such statements, not to be confused. Please, be kindly informed:

Russia hosts the world’s largest population of immigrants after the United States, according to a new UN study showing that the number of people living abroad across the globe has reached a record high.

MOSCOW, September 12 (RIA Novosti) – Russia hosts the world’s largest population of immigrants after the United States, according to a new UN study showing that the number of people living abroad across the globe has reached a record high.
New figures released Wednesday by the UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN-DESA) in New York indicated that 232 million people (3.2 percent of the world’s population) live abroad. Over 11 million of them live in Russia, the study found.
The total number of international migrants has considerably increased over the past two decades, from 154 million in 1990 to 175 million in 2000.
The US remains the most popular destination with a total 45.8 million migrants, while Germany (9.8 million) is ranked third after Russia, the UN study said.
But while the number of foreign migrants has been steadily growing since 2000 in the US and other most popular destinations, Russia recorded a slight annual average decrease of about 0.6 percent in its immigrant population in that period. According to UN data, Russia hosted 12 million migrants in 2000.
The immigration issue remains a contentious one in Russia’s politics and society, with surveys consistently revealing popular hostility towards the influx of people from abroad. Government migration officials estimate that most of Russia’s immigrants originate from the impoverished neighboring former Soviet nations that share a visa-free regime with the country and are mostly looking for work.
"The former Soviet Union retains close migratory ties," the UN study said, adding that "bilateral migrant stocks" are especially large in Kazakhstan, Russia and Ukraine.
Russia’s Federal Migration Service (FMS) said Thursday only a minor percentage of international migrants have permanently settled in Russia, unlike the situation in Europe, according to official data.
The number of immigrants in Russia registered as temporary and permanent residents stands at 718,600, an FMS spokesperson told RIA Novosti.
“Most of those people have integrated in our society and contribute to Russia’s economy. Experts estimate that Russia has a demand for more such people,” the spokesperson added.
According to the study, the other world’s top destinations for people moving abroad include Saudi Arabia (9.1 million),United Arab Emirates (7.8 million), United Kingdom (7.8 million), France (7.4 million), Canada (7.3 million), Australia (6.5 million), and Spain (6.5 million).
The data showed Asians account for the largest group of migrants in 2013, accounting for about 19 million people living in Europe, some 16 million in North America and about 3 million in Oceania.
The figures were released ahead of a high-level global summit on migration and development to be held by the UN General Assembly in New York on October 3 and 4.

My rule of thumb, economically, is how hard would it be to earn five times what it would take to rent a 2,500 square foot single family home. Can you discuss rent for a good single family home in Moscow versus the typical salary for a programmer?

Balu
06-15-2015, 09:28 AM
My rule of thumb, economically, is how hard would it be to earn five times what it would take to rent a 2,500 square foot single family home. Can you discuss rent for a good single family home in Moscow versus the typical salary for a programmer?

In Moscow to rent a flat is rather expensive. A programmer in a good company earns about 100.000 rubles per month for the beginning. To rent a 2 compartment flat will cost 35-40.000 rubles in sleeping quarters 5-10 minutes walking from underground station. A nurse in a civil hospital earns about 60.000 rubles. This is also a salary of a city bus driver.
The direct currency conversion has no sense as it is necessary to know the prices of goods and services to calculate the expenses.

CSM
06-15-2015, 09:36 AM

You are absolutely correct. I sure hope all those immigrants head for Russia....every single one! Russia is the greatest country in the world....everyone should live in Russia!

Now you may want to expand your English vocabulary a bit and learn the definition of the words "joke" and "sarcasm". Try applying the former to my first post and the latter to this one.

tailfins
06-15-2015, 09:37 AM
In Moscow to rent a flat is rather expensive. A programmer in a good company earns about 100.000 rubles per month for the beginning. To rent a 2 compartment flat will cost 35-40.000 rubles in sleeping quarters 5-10 minutes walking from underground station. A nurse in a civil hospital earns about 60.000 rubles. This is also a salary of a city bus driver.
The direct currency conversion has no sense as it is necessary to know the prices of goods and services to calculate the expenses.

To match the quality of life in Texas, based on the information you gave me, a programmer would need to earn about 600.000 rubles per month in Moscow.

Balu
06-15-2015, 10:07 AM
To match the quality of life in Texas, based on the information you gave me, a programmer would need to earn about 600.000 rubles per month in Moscow.
I am afraid that you make a typical mistake. You apply your prices and costs to the figures of the salaries I gave.

Balu
06-15-2015, 10:10 AM
Now you may want to expand your English vocabulary a bit and learn the definition of the words "joke" and "sarcasm". Try applying the former to my first post and the latter to this one.
Once I've already said that joking with foreigners is rather slippery way. There is a great risk to be misunderstood.

CSM
06-15-2015, 10:28 AM
Once I've already said that joking with foreigners is rather slippery way. There is a great risk to be misunderstood.

Agreed. It is well known that Russians have no sense of humor...I should have remembered that.

Balu
06-15-2015, 10:41 AM
Agreed. It is well known that Russians have no sense of humor...I should have remembered that.

Are you sure, Sir, that you you are able to understand Russian or Chinese Humor? Do not overestimate yourself, Sir.

CSM
06-15-2015, 11:03 AM
Are you sure, Sir, that you you are able to understand Russian or Chinese Humor? Do not overestimate yourself, Sir.

What makes you think I care about Russian or Chinese humor, especially given that I am posting on a US (primarily) discussion board? I do find it amusing that you would presume to warn me about overestimating myself. Is that a sample of Russian humor?

Balu
06-15-2015, 11:45 AM
What makes you think I care about Russian or Chinese humor, especially given that I am posting on a US (primarily) discussion board? I do find it amusing that you would presume to warn me about overestimating myself. Is that a sample of Russian humor?

That's why I am speaking about your overestimation. You are a pure example of an American mentality when you are absolutely convinced in own exceptionality and you demonstrate peremptory judgments and statements, having no clue about the subject itself. This is a typical manner of children's behavior with grown ups. And no matter on which boards or wherever you speak. I would suggest you to think over how you, Americans, are viewed from aside in different corners of the World.

CSM
06-15-2015, 11:51 AM
That's why I am speaking about your overestimation. You are a pure example of an American mentality when you are absolutely convinced in own exceptionality and you demonstrate peremptory judgments and statements, having no clue about the subject itself. This is a typical manner of children's behavior with grown ups. And no matter on which boards or wherever you speak. I would suggest you to think over how you, Americans, are viewed from aside in different corners of the World.

You really do not want to know what I think the rest of the world...and particularly of Russians.

CSM
06-15-2015, 11:59 AM
So, before this thread has to be moved to the cage...I will withdraw from the discussion. My apologies to those of you who are interested in the original topic.

Balu
06-15-2015, 12:05 PM
You really do not want to know what I think the rest of the world...and particularly of Russians.
I know what you think about the rest of the World and particularly about Russians. As to Russians it's enough to look at my avatar. (You wanted to have an example of Russian humor? - Here it is.)

Gunny
06-15-2015, 02:08 PM

Bull. It runs contrary to the principles and values of illegals and drug/weapons dealers sneaking across.

tailfins
06-15-2015, 06:56 PM
I know what you think about the rest of the World and particularly about Russians. As to Russians it's enough to look at my avatar. (You wanted to have an example of Russian humor? - Here it is.)

I think you should try making a living in one of America's better cities. The difference would surprise you. As far as me trying life in another country: I expect a 2,500 square foot house, two new cars and an emergency fund saved within a year. Anything less than that is unacceptable.

Voted4Reagan
06-15-2015, 07:33 PM
1 US Dollar equals
54.97 Russian Ruble

That is as of the close of trading today

Balu
06-15-2015, 09:28 PM
I think you should try making a living in one of America's better cities. The difference would surprise you. As far as me trying life in another country: I expect a 2,500 square foot house, two new cars and an emergency fund saved within a year. Anything less than that is unacceptable.
I lived and worked in the USA, and in some other countries. I traveled around your country, lived among you, saw your cities and towns and stayed in your motels. So no need to tell me all these things. I know the difference between the glossy magazines and reality. It is not typical for 65 y.o. Russian, but I had a very interesting life. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/smile3.gif
In some days I will shoot especially for you some picture of the private house and a yard of our friends family here in Lukoyanov and you'll see how ordinary people live in Russia.

tailfins
06-15-2015, 10:15 PM
I lived and worked in the USA, and in some other countries. I traveled around your country, lived among you, saw your cities and towns and stayed in your motels. So no need to tell me all these things. I know the difference between the glossy magazines and reality. It is not typical for 65 y.o. Russian, but I had a very interesting life. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/smile3.gif
In some days I will shoot especially for you some picture of the private house and a yard of our friends family here in Lukoyanov and you'll see how ordinary people live in Russia.

In which US city did you work? I would work in Russia if it were a good deal.

Balu
06-15-2015, 10:32 PM
In which US city did you work? I would work in Russia if it were a good deal.
I worked with the UN with Oleg Trojanovsky. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/smile3.gif

tailfins
06-15-2015, 10:36 PM
I worked with the UN with Oleg Trojanovsky. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/smile3.gif

Very cool! :cool:

Perianne
06-15-2015, 10:38 PM

Balu, I am glad you are here with us on this forum. I think you fit in nicely.

red state
06-15-2015, 11:40 PM

Yeah, I can imagine that the problem Texas holds for good ole Mehico is that they will have to keep all the unwanted's if Texas actually makes a dent in border security. All the Hondurans, Guatamellons and isis thugs will have to hold up right there where they all have been allowed to pass on their way to trash our Nation. And I agree with CSM.......balu is 'bull of full' and if folks were trying to get into russia.....balu can have them.

Balu
06-15-2015, 11:57 PM
Balu, I am glad you are here with us on this forum. I think you fit in nicely.
Thank you! I've graduated from the same Institute (Moscow State Institute of International Relations) as our Minister Mr. Lavrov, but a year earlier. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/blush2.gif

Balu
06-16-2015, 12:51 AM
...balu is 'bull of full' and if folks were trying to get into Russia.....balu can have them.
There is a great problem with illegals. All Soviet Republics wanted there own "independence", but the live showed that under this conditions they can hardly survive.
It may be strange for you, but there are Estonian taxi drivers in St. Petersburg trying to earn money to make ends meet.