PDA

View Full Version : Lower than a snake's belly

WiccanLiberal
06-15-2015, 09:59 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/queens/queens-man-left-dad-body-morgue-collected-benefits-article-1.2258671?cid=bitly

Queens man collected pension, social security of dead dad — an ex-NYPD cop — for a year while body was left unclaimed in morgue: officials
"Christopher Bunn, the son of a NYPD sergeant, left his dad to rot in a morgue for more than a year while he collected his pension money and social security benefits, authorities said Monday."

A charming example of filial devotion. His father passes and he goes right on collecting money.

Perianne
06-15-2015, 10:03 PM
And he should be arrested and sent to prison.

WiccanLiberal
06-15-2015, 10:18 PM
If he cannot come up with the money to return he may very well do just that. I am not even surprised anymore at the disgusting level of greed some people display. I once cared for an elderly fellow with a multitude of coexisting diseases. He was a dialysis patient with a cardiac and pulmonary history. He'd had 2 strokes and every time he was readmitted his family insisted we "do everything" to keep him alive. Not because they couldn't bear to be without him but because, as more than one of them said, they couldn't do without his pension and social security.

Perianne
06-15-2015, 10:39 PM
If he cannot come up with the money to return he may very well do just that. I am not even surprised anymore at the disgusting level of greed some people display. I once cared for an elderly fellow with a multitude of coexisting diseases. He was a dialysis patient with a cardiac and pulmonary history. He'd had 2 strokes and every time he was readmitted his family insisted we "do everything" to keep him alive. Not because they couldn't bear to be without him but because, as more than one of them said, they couldn't do without his pension and social security.

Disgusting indeed. I have run across similar stories.

Jeff
06-16-2015, 07:54 AM
MY wife is the administrator at a nursing home/personal care home, anyway the stories I hear are terrible, one she was speaking of the other day has a woman who is dying of some type of infection that her body won't heal ( I don't remember what it is called ) but anyway her grandchildren is all the family she has. When her husband passed the grandchildren decided she needed to live with one of them, well they sold her home and moved her to one of their houses, and used the money from the sale of her home to put a great big addition on his house supposedly for her, meanwhile they went through her savings like water, as soon as she wound up broke she also wound up in a nursing home, image that no more money and ship her off. But for some reason she couldn't stay at the nursing home, something due to insurance and her not needing that level of care, so they sent her to the wife's place, she got a reduced rate from the get go because she could do most things by herself. When she became ill and now has to stay in her room ( this illness she has is contagious ) of course the price jumped majorly, well she couldn't afford it, and the grandchildren are now out of the picture, all she had was a SS check, so they worked out a deal where the check is all she pays.

Now the issue is, she is very close to the end, she has a burial plot but she doesn't even have enough money to open the grave, of course her grandchildren are not saying anything. Her church is trying to come up with as much money as they can to help. Man I hate to see anyone wind up like this, as for the grandchildren, I truly hope there is karma.

Voted4Reagan
06-16-2015, 08:03 AM
MY wife is the administrator at a nursing home/personal care home, anyway the stories I hear are terrible, one she was speaking of the other day has a woman who is dying of some type of infection that her body won't heal ( I don't remember what it is called ) but anyway her grandchildren is all the family she has. When her husband passed the grandchildren decided she needed to live with one of them, well they sold her home and moved her to one of their houses, and used the money from the sale of her home to put a great big addition on his house supposedly for her, meanwhile they went through her savings like water, as soon as she wound up broke she also wound up in a nursing home, image that no more money and ship her off. But for some reason she couldn't stay at the nursing home, something due to insurance and her not needing that level of care, so they sent her to the wife's place, she got a reduced rate from the get go because she could do most things by herself. When she became ill and now has to stay in her room ( this illness she has is contagious ) of course the price jumped majorly, well she couldn't afford it, and the grandchildren are now out of the picture, all she had was a SS check, so they worked out a deal where the check is all she pays.

Now the issue is, she is very close to the end, she has a burial plot but she doesn't even have enough money to open the grave, of course her grandchildren are not saying anything. Her church is trying to come up with as much money as they can to help. Man I hate to see anyone wind up like this, as for the grandchildren, I truly hope there is karma.

In this case I hope that Karma isn't just a bitch... but a full fledged Dominatrix that whips their asses!