PDA

View Full Version : Rachel Dolezal, white woman turned black

jimnyc
06-16-2015, 07:36 AM
I think this should end most of the debate as to her reasoning. She claims to have identified as a black woman since she was like 5 years old. I don't buy it for a second.

She had sued Howard University in the past - for denying her teaching posts because she was white. Next thing you know, she turns black. And then when this latest news surfaced, she resigned from her NAACP post.

---

NAACP Imposter Sued School Over Race Claims

JUNE 15--The NAACP official who today resigned in the face of evidence that she masqueraded as black once sued Howard University for denying her teaching posts and a scholarship because she was a white woman, The Smoking Gun has learned.

Rachel Dolezal, 37, who headed the NAACP’s Spokane, Washington chapter, sued Howard for discrimination in 2002, the year she graduated from the historically black college with a Master of Fine Arts degree.

Dolezal, then known as Rachel Moore, named the university and Professor Alfred Smith as defendants in a lawsuit filed in Washington, D.C.’s Superior Court. During the pendency of the civil case, Smith was chairman of Howard’s Department of Art.

According to a Court of Appeals opinion, Dolezal's lawsuit “claimed discrimination based on race, pregnancy, family responsibilities and gender.” She alleged that Smith and other school officials improperly blocked her appointment to a teaching assistant post, rejected her application for a post-graduate instructorship, and denied her scholarship aid while she was a student.

The court opinion also noted that Dolezal claimed that the university’s decision to remove some of her artworks from a February 2001 student exhibition was “motivated by a discriminatory purpose to favor African-American students over” her.

As detailed in the court opinion, Dolezal’s lawsuit contended that Howard was “permeated with discriminatory intimidation, ridicule, and insult.”

Judge Zoe Bush dismissed Dolezal’s complaint in February 2004, 18 months after the lawsuit was filed and Dolezal was deposed on several occasions. Bush found no evidence that Dolezal was discriminated on the basis of race or other factors. The D.C. Court of Appeals subsequently affirmed Bush’s decision.

Following the dismissal of Dolezal’s lawsuit (and the Court of Appeals decision), she was ordered to reimburse Howard for a “Bill of Costs” totaling $2728.50. During the case, she was also ordered to pay the university nearly $1000 in connection with an “obstructive and vexatious” court filing that sought to improperly delay her examination by an independent doctor.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/bizarre/rachel-dolezal-discrimination-lawsuit-786451

Max R.
06-16-2015, 10:04 AM
Frankly, I fail to see the big deal over this and was mildly both surprised and pleased that the NAACP backed her on her work.

FWIW, I also think she has some identity issues, but she's harmless and well intentioned.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/2eajhud.jpg

jimnyc
06-16-2015, 10:15 AM
Frankly, I fail to see the big deal over this and was mildly both surprised and pleased that the NAACP backed her on her work.

FWIW, I also think she has some identity issues, but she's harmless and well intentioned.

They backed her work, but then dumped her like a hot potato when they found out about her prior lawsuit. And I would have reason for concern that she asked family to outright cover her lies for her. And then use other family members as different family members.

She may have had good intentions, but you simply can't lie, and live a life such a way, in order to perform those intentions. It would be just as wrong if I somehow altered myself and then continued to lie on applications, and get jobs and make money based off of those lies. While the intentions may still be good, the credibility of such a person is gone. WAY too many lies to simply overlook.

I think she has identity issues and then some.

And mark my words, the profit tour will now start, to make money off of her lie and identity change. And it's already started, that the folks who question her "identifying as a black" are likely racists that wouldn't understand.

On the face of it, no, not really a big deal, and not sure how it made national news, but it did.

Max R.
06-16-2015, 10:39 AM
They backed her work, but then dumped her like a hot potato when they found out about her prior lawsuit. And I would have reason for concern that she asked family to outright cover her lies for her. And then use other family members as different family members.

She may have had good intentions, but you simply can't lie, and live a life such a way, in order to perform those intentions. It would be just as wrong if I somehow altered myself and then continued to lie on applications, and get jobs and make money based off of those lies. While the intentions may still be good, the credibility of such a person is gone. WAY too many lies to simply overlook.

I think she has identity issues and then some.

And mark my words, the profit tour will now start, to make money off of her lie and identity change. And it's already started, that the folks who question her "identifying as a black" are likely racists that wouldn't understand.

On the face of it, no, not really a big deal, and not sure how it made national news, but it did.

The NAACP isn't the first to quietly ask a person to resign if the publicity machine begins to adversely affect their work.

President Reagan had his own Chief of Staff resign when his continued service threatened to drag down the WH administration.

Agreed about her lying. Again, I think she has mental issues, specifically identity issues. Still, I fail to see why all the RW heartburn over this. It seems petty.

aboutime
06-16-2015, 11:04 AM
Why is anyone bothered, or questioning this woman?

She is merely following in the OBAMA pattern of Pretending to be Someone, or Something...neither of them are qualified to be. Phonies are everywhere, and it's now Politically Correct to allow people to LIE, DECEIVE, LIE, DECEIVE....as much as they want. That's how the lost or Morality, Laws, and Human intelligence (lack of it) works.

Bilgerat
06-16-2015, 01:09 PM
https://scontent-atl1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t34.0-12/11419775_829377580491180_172945591_n.jpg?oh=0401dd c2f54e00f2a5c6981de28ff78a&oe=5581AEEB

aboutime
06-16-2015, 01:23 PM
https://scontent-atl1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t34.0-12/11419775_829377580491180_172945591_n.jpg?oh=0401dd c2f54e00f2a5c6981de28ff78a&oe=5581AEEB

Mr. Cleans sister, and a Brillo pad. Cleanin' up society...one idiot at a time.

DLT
06-16-2015, 01:23 PM
I think this should end most of the debate as to her reasoning. She claims to have identified as a black woman since she was like 5 years old. I don't buy it for a second.

She had sued Howard University in the past - for denying her teaching posts because she was white. Next thing you know, she turns black. And then when this latest news surfaced, she resigned from her NAACP post.

---

NAACP Imposter Sued School Over Race Claims

JUNE 15--The NAACP official who today resigned in the face of evidence that she masqueraded as black once sued Howard University for denying her teaching posts and a scholarship because she was a white woman, The Smoking Gun has learned.

Rachel Dolezal, 37, who headed the NAACP’s Spokane, Washington chapter, sued Howard for discrimination in 2002, the year she graduated from the historically black college with a Master of Fine Arts degree.

Dolezal, then known as Rachel Moore, named the university and Professor Alfred Smith as defendants in a lawsuit filed in Washington, D.C.’s Superior Court. During the pendency of the civil case, Smith was chairman of Howard’s Department of Art.

According to a Court of Appeals opinion, Dolezal's lawsuit “claimed discrimination based on race, pregnancy, family responsibilities and gender.” She alleged that Smith and other school officials improperly blocked her appointment to a teaching assistant post, rejected her application for a post-graduate instructorship, and denied her scholarship aid while she was a student.

The court opinion also noted that Dolezal claimed that the university’s decision to remove some of her artworks from a February 2001 student exhibition was “motivated by a discriminatory purpose to favor African-American students over” her.

As detailed in the court opinion, Dolezal’s lawsuit contended that Howard was “permeated with discriminatory intimidation, ridicule, and insult.”

Judge Zoe Bush dismissed Dolezal’s complaint in February 2004, 18 months after the lawsuit was filed and Dolezal was deposed on several occasions. Bush found no evidence that Dolezal was discriminated on the basis of race or other factors. The D.C. Court of Appeals subsequently affirmed Bush’s decision.

Following the dismissal of Dolezal’s lawsuit (and the Court of Appeals decision), she was ordered to reimburse Howard for a “Bill of Costs” totaling $2728.50. During the case, she was also ordered to pay the university nearly $1000 in connection with an “obstructive and vexatious” court filing that sought to improperly delay her examination by an independent doctor.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/bizarre/rachel-dolezal-discrimination-lawsuit-786451

Dolezal is the poster-whatever for the radical, stuckonstupid left in America. A fake, phony and a fraud. Which is exactly what the current Community Organizer-In-Chief is, and most of his cabinet and administration. She'll probably get a nice, cushy job now working for Michelle.....who, I'm sure, is high-fiving and commending Dolezal's "struggle" as we speak.

aboutime
06-16-2015, 01:25 PM
Dolezal is the poster-whatever for the radical, stuckonstupid left in America. A fake, phony and a fraud. Which is exactly what the current Community Organizer-In-Chief is, and most of his cabinet and administration. She'll probably get a nice, cushy job now working for Michelle.....who, I'm sure, is high-fiving and commending Dolezal's "struggle" as we speak.

DLT. Think about it. Based on Dolezal's theory. All of us can now DECLARE we Look Just Like Obama, or the people in Baltimore, or Ferguson.

LET'S SUE!

Gunny
06-16-2015, 01:58 PM

http://oi60.tinypic.com/2eajhud.jpg

She lied. I doubt it was unintentional/innocent. Sure, you can work for the NAACP if you're white. Would you get the same attention and job position working for the NAACP if it was known you were white?

While some are willing to forgive and forget, she's pissed off a LOT of blacks.

Gunny
06-16-2015, 02:00 PM
The NAACP isn't the first to quietly ask a person to resign if the publicity machine begins to adversely affect their work.

President Reagan had his own Chief of Staff resign when his continued service threatened to drag down the WH administration.

Agreed about her lying. Again, I think she has mental issues, specifically identity issues. Still, I fail to see why all the RW heartburn over this. It seems petty.

It isn't right wing heartburn. It's heartburn period. She's getting equal treatment on this one. It's the media going after her, not the right or the left.

aboutime
06-16-2015, 02:19 PM
Dolezal is nothing but a Politically Correct FREAK OF NATURE.

darin
06-16-2015, 02:26 PM
Bruce Jenner is lying too. To himself and his enablers.

Gunny
06-16-2015, 02:36 PM
Bruce Jenner is lying too. To himself and his enablers.

Don Lemon had on these two women last night. One was Wendy Walsh who claims to be a psychologist. The other was a black author about the black experience (don't remember who).

And this quack Walsh was making the argument that if Dolezal wanted to be black, she could, using Jenner as her example. She was arguing that if Jenner could be transexual, then Dolezal could be transracial.

So let me get this straight: A black woman trapped in a white woman's body?:laugh:

The author's argument that she isn't black and didn't grow up black and has live the black experience. She mentioned race, to which Walsh replied we are ALL in the human race.

That was my second A-HA! moment she was a quack. There is no such thing as the "human" race. Human is a species. Caucasoid, Mongoloid and Negroid are your choices for race. I kept waiting for the author to fire back with THAT one, but I guess she was so busy living the black experience she didn't have time for biology.:laugh:

And not that I'm a conspiracy theorist or anything ,,,, BUT IF I was .... they showed pics of Dolezal with Baltimore's DA. Notice how all the attention in the media is off of her now?

namvet
06-16-2015, 06:09 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/2it4mqo.jpg

Max R.
06-16-2015, 07:50 PM
Don Lemon had on these two women last night. One was Wendy Walsh who claims to be a psychologist. The other was a black author about the black experience (don't remember who).

And this quack Walsh was making the argument that if Dolezal wanted to be black, she could, using Jenner as her example. She was arguing that if Jenner could be transexual, then Dolezal could be transracial.

So let me get this straight: A black woman trapped in a white woman's body?:laugh:

The author's argument that she isn't black and didn't grow up black and has live the black experience. She mentioned race, to which Walsh replied we are ALL in the human race.

That was my second A-HA! moment she was a quack. There is no such thing as the "human" race. Human is a species. Caucasoid, Mongoloid and Negroid are your choices for race. I kept waiting for the author to fire back with THAT one, but I guess she was so busy living the black experience she didn't have time for biology.:laugh:

And not that I'm a conspiracy theorist or anything ,,,, BUT IF I was .... they showed pics of Dolezal with Baltimore's DA. Notice how all the attention in the media is off of her now?

The bottom line is that both Jenner and Dolezal are, to put it politely, mixed up individuals. They have identity issues. That's a mental issue and one I'd no more ridicule than Adam Lanza's or James Holmes' mental issues. The difference being that Jenner and Dolezal, as AFU'd as they are, aren't hurting anyone so I fail to see the public conniption over their lives.

Here's Dolezal with her son:
http://www.today.com/news/rachel-dolezal-speaks-today-show-matt-lauer-after-naacp-resignation-t26371
http://media4.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/2015_25/631781/rachel-dolezal-tease-today-3-150616_4d50654cd2031cf1ffe6d00166776cfd.today-inline-large.jpg

Gunny
06-16-2015, 08:17 PM
The bottom line is that both Jenner and Dolezal are, to put it politely, mixed up individuals. They have identity issues. That's a mental issue and one I'd no more ridicule than Adam Lanza's or James Holmes' mental issues. The difference being that Jenner and Dolezal, as AFU'd as they are, aren't hurting anyone so I fail to see the public conniption over their lives.

http://www.today.com/news/rachel-dolezal-speaks-today-show-matt-lauer-after-naacp-resignation-t26371
http://media4.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/2015_25/631781/rachel-dolezal-tease-today-3-150616_4d50654cd2031cf1ffe6d00166776cfd.today-inline-large.jpg

I would agree on Jenner. Not Dolezal. How much has she benefited from claiming to be black? Let's not pretend they are a protected class. Ferguson and Baltimore are proof enough of that.

She's hurt her family.

So I'd say there's no comparison.

Max R.
06-16-2015, 08:33 PM
I would agree on Jenner. Not Dolezal. How much has she benefited from claiming to be black? Let's not pretend they are a protected class. Ferguson and Baltimore are proof enough of that.

She's hurt her family.

So I'd say there's no comparison.
She's not Al Sharpton. She has black siblings, attended a traditionally black university where she earned a Master's degree, married (and divorced) a black man and has a black son. It's not like she just showed up one day and decided to be black.

While I think she has some "identity issues", I fail to see why this one woman from Spokane, Washington (who here has ever been there?) is of such importance the entire nation must stop and review it?

She's not proof of anything about the Left, Obama, Democrats, what's wrong with America or anything else. She's just a f**ked up woman with identity issues.

Perianne
06-16-2015, 08:40 PM
She's not Al Sharpton. She has black siblings, attended a traditionally black university where she earned a Master's degree, married (and divorced) a black man and has a black son. It's not like she just showed up one day and decided to be black.

While I think she has some "identity issues", I fail to see why this one woman from Spokane, Washington (who here has ever been there?) is of such importance the entire nation must stop and review it?

She's not proof of anything about the Left, Obama, Democrats, what's wrong with America or anything else. She's just a f**ked up woman with identity issues.

Everything even slightly interesting concerning black/white is pounced on by the media.

Max R.
06-16-2015, 08:50 PM
Everything even slightly interesting concerning black/white is pounced on by the media.
The "media" is a business. They pounce on anything that attracts readers/viewers. If Brittany Spears drops a turd on Wall Street, they'll have stories on it for weeks as long as people keep paying attention. If people move on to something else, then so does the "media".

Last week it was all about Caitlyn. This week it's Rachel. We're a nation of celebrity-infatuated twits.

I travel a lot, sometimes out of the country. CNN International looks nothing like the CNN we all know in the US. It's all about global news and soccer (football outside the US). Not a single word about Brittany or any other Hollywood celebrities.

While the majority of the US is having a conniption over Rachel, people are still dying in Iraq and ISIS isn't going to give up anytime soon.

Gunny
06-17-2015, 12:27 AM

Her black siblings were adopted after she left home.

You're hung up on this "left" thing. They are attacking her as much as the right. This isn't a political issue. This is about HER. She was white right up until she lost a lawsuit against Howard University claiming discrimination because she was white. Next time she appears she's black.

She has lied repeatedly. Not just about her race, but about her family. Cutting off your family is SO un-black it's pitiful. Her answers on interviews on NBC and MSNBC were completely ridiculous and nonsensical. And THIS is from watching Anderson Cooper on CNN and the black leftwingers he had on rolling their eyes.

I told my GF I decided I was a 16th century samurai to which she responded she was a f-ing Hilton, moving in tomorrow, and I was on my own.:laugh:

This may become a political thing, but right now it's just a :wtf:thing on both sides.

Gunny
06-17-2015, 12:29 AM
The "media" is a business. They pounce on anything that attracts readers/viewers. If Brittany Spears drops a turd on Wall Street, they'll have stories on it for weeks as long as people keep paying attention. If people move on to something else, then so does the "media".

Last week it was all about Caitlyn. This week it's Rachel. We're a nation of celebrity-infatuated twits.

I travel a lot, sometimes out of the country. CNN International looks nothing like the CNN we all know in the US. It's all about global news and soccer (football outside the US). Not a single word about Brittany or any other Hollywood celebrities.

While the majority of the US is having a conniption over Rachel, people are still dying in Iraq and ISIS isn't going to give up anytime soon.

A classic misdirection. Robert E. Lee used it well.

darin
06-17-2015, 05:56 AM

I've eaten a hamburger. My kids have eaten hamburgers from a traditional hamburger store where we earned a stomach ache. I brough home a hamburger then threw out part of it. None of that makes ME a hamburger.

While I think she has some "identity issues", I fail to see why this one woman from Spokane, Washington (who here has ever been there?)

I know Spokane pretty well - or did as a kid. My mom grew up in Rosalia, WA - she and my dad married near Spokane - and it's the place my grandparents and uncle and aunts are burried. Beautiful area of the country. Honestly about perfect weather - snows when it should, suns when it should, rains a little bit when it should.

is of such importance the entire nation must stop and review it?

What's important is intellectual honesty - or the lack-thereof.What's important is this issue stabs at the heart of important social issues; namely honesty, race, and partly 'enabling people with mental/emotional/spiritual problems to live out their fantasies instead of society having the balls to actually try and help those people recover from their ailments.

This is important, in part, because if it's true, Racism is DEAD and IMPOSSIBLE because nobody actually IS any particular race. It's important too because it seems she's broken laws (filing false reports).

jimnyc
06-17-2015, 06:20 AM

That is not her son, it's her adopted brother. She can't just snap her fingers and make it her son, and a few years of lying doesn't make it true.

darin
06-17-2015, 06:40 AM
THIS.

Rachel Dolezal’s career in black social work does not grant her any kind of personal immunity. It is not unreasonable for anyone to require that those who speak on the behalf of a community be honest about who they are. In her first interview after it was revealed that her black “sons” were really her adopted brothers and her real parents were the very Caucasian Larry and Ruthann Dolezal, Rachel declared that she “doesn’t give two shits” what her family and critics have to say about how she racially identifies. That’s fine for her own ego, but that’s unacceptable for a woman who proclaims herself to be an aware and educated activist who understands the destructiveness of white supremacy. One can’t really be an advocate for black people while lying to black people. And there is no doubt that there have been countless incidents over the last ten years in which Rachel Dolezal benefited from that lie. But black people should applaud her because she’s supposedly a friend to the community?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/06/16/black-celebs-rachel-dolezal-dilemma-why-dave-chappelle-shouldn-t-give-the-con-artist-a-pass.html#

Abbey Marie
06-17-2015, 07:00 AM

And how do we know if people have "moved on to something else"? I think this is not the way the cause and effect work here. When every station is showing the same thing, all we can do is watch or turn it off.

I would agree that we can just not buy a magazine whose cover we are not interested in. But by the time that happens, and the lack of interest registers, they are already on to the next cover anyway. Other than that, it is the media that must move on to something else, so that the people can also.

Jeff
06-17-2015, 07:33 AM
I had a puppy but the puppy turned into a dog, so am I a puppy or a dog, or can I just choose. :rolleyes:

This woman and Bruce shouldn't be getting media time they should be getting couch time with the nearest shrink.

Max R.
06-17-2015, 07:33 AM
Her black siblings were adopted after she left home.

You're hung up on this "left" thing. They are attacking her as much as the right. This isn't a political issue. This is about HER. She was white right up until she lost a lawsuit against Howard University claiming discrimination because she was white. Next time she appears she's black.

She has lied repeatedly. Not just about her race, but about her family. Cutting off your family is SO un-black it's pitiful. Her answers on interviews on NBC and MSNBC were completely ridiculous and nonsensical. And THIS is from watching Anderson Cooper on CNN and the black leftwingers he had on rolling their eyes.

I told my GF I decided I was a 16th century samurai to which she responded she was a f-ing Hilton, moving in tomorrow, and I was on my own.:laugh:

This may become a political thing, but right now it's just a :wtf:thing on both sides.
Nonetheless, why the conniption over one f**ked up woman in Spokane, WA out of a US population of over 318 million?

If you want to be a 16th Century Samurai, that's up to you. Lots of people dress up as superheroes and they don't get 1% the press Rachel is receiving.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/kickass2/10-of-the-coolest-real-life-superheroes

jimnyc
06-17-2015, 07:49 AM
Nonetheless, why the conniption over one f**ked up woman in Spokane, WA out of a US population of over 318 million?

I don't think people are having a conniption over this. The media brought this forth to us, not the other way around, and then naturally folks are offering their opinions on things. With the state of race relations in the past few years, it's not surprising that a lot of folks are chiming in. Then the NAACP chimed in, and then Sharpton did. That will only increase the numbers speaking about it.

No one is calling for her death. I think it's more of a "shaking my head" moment. A level of disgust in the amount of lies moment.

Basically, it's discussed simply because it's news. Go to CNN, Drudge, MSNBC... Not making excuses... but it will be news until it's not news. And SHE made it news with her actions.

darin
06-17-2015, 08:07 AM
Keep in mind the media is making a big deal over this because people keep watching/reading - which drives advertising revenue. Society loves this shit.

Bilgerat
06-17-2015, 08:07 AM
https://scontent-atl1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/11233775_10153631556793455_5299127547645614654_n.j pg?oh=f0b09ef589a43592a2095de6933adf7a&oe=55F8598E

Gunny
06-17-2015, 08:14 AM
I've eaten a hamburger. My kids have eaten hamburgers from a traditional hamburger store where we earned a stomach ache. I brough home a hamburger then threw out part of it. None of that makes ME a hamburger.

I know Spokane pretty well - or did as a kid. My mom grew up in Rosalia, WA - she and my dad married near Spokane - and it's the place my grandparents and uncle and aunts are burried. Beautiful area of the country. Honestly about perfect weather - snows when it should, suns when it should, rains a little bit when it should.

What's important is intellectual honesty - or the lack-thereof.What's important is this issue stabs at the heart of important social issues; namely honesty, race, and partly 'enabling people with mental/emotional/spiritual problems to live out their fantasies instead of society having the balls to actually try and help those people recover from their ailments.

This is important, in part, because if it's true, Racism is DEAD and IMPOSSIBLE because nobody actually IS any particular race. It's important too because it seems she's broken laws (filing false reports).

You ARE the Hamburglar. :laugh:

Max R.
06-17-2015, 08:15 AM
I don't think people are having a conniption over this. The media brought this forth to us, not the other way around, and then naturally folks are offering their opinions on things. With the state of race relations in the past few years, it's not surprising that a lot of folks are chiming in. Then the NAACP chimed in, and then Sharpton did. That will only increase the numbers speaking about it.

No one is calling for her death. I think it's more of a "shaking my head" moment. A level of disgust in the amount of lies moment.

Basically, it's discussed simply because it's news. Go to CNN, Drudge, MSNBC... Not making excuses... but it will be news until it's not news. And SHE made it news with her actions.
Disagreed. People are having a conniption over it. Yes, the media brought forth this issue. The media always floats lots of balloons in order to attract viewers/readers. It's the public, specifically what draws and maintains their attention, which determines what stays in the news.

Example: Yesterday 7 people were shot in Chicago. Which issue do people care about more? Those 7 Chicago resident or Rachel? I'm guessing the latter since it better resembles "reality TV" and not the cold, hard reality of life in the inner cities of America.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-chicago-shooting-violence-20150615-story.html
Seven men were wounded in shootings since Monday afternoon on the South Side.
<aside class="trb_panelmod_container" data-role="panelmod_container imgsize_ratiosizecontainer" data-load-type="noop" data-panelmod-type="relatedContent" style="margin: 20px 0px 20px 20px; padding: 0px 0px 0px 20px; float: right; border-left-width: 1px; border-left-style: solid; border-left-color: rgb(204, 204, 204); clear: right; position: relative; z-index: 25; width: 360px; left: 20px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: 10px;">

</aside>The latest shooting happened about 2:10 a.m. Tuesday in Washington Park, police said.
A 49-year-old man was wounded in the 5100 block of South Prairie Avenue when he was shot in the forearm and hip, said Officer Ron Gaines, a Chicago Police Department spokesman.
The man was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital where he was listed in good condition early Tuesday. Gaines said the man was being uncooperative with police and could not provide further details about the shooting.

Gaines said the man was also being uncooperative with police and had no other details surrounding the shooting.Police said another 49-year-old man was shot about an hour earlier in East Chatham. He was shot in the torso about 1:05 a.m. in the 8000 block of South Maryland Avenue. The man was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn where he was listed in serious condition.
Just before 11 p.m. Monday, a 28-year-old man was shot in Bronzeville. The man was driving in the 3900 block of South Prairie Avenue when someone inside a van pulled up and opened fire.
The man got out of his vehicle and tried to flee but was shot in the foot, Gaines said. He drove himself to Mercy Hospital and Medical Center where he was listed in good condition early Tuesday.
About 6:40 p.m., two men were shot in the 700 block of East 92nd Street in the Burnside neighborhood, said Officer Bari Lemmon, a Chicago police spokeswoman. The men were outside when two other men wearing hoodies came out of a gangway and started shooting, she said.
A 19-year-old man suffered a gunshot wound to the right upper abdomen and a 36-year-old man suffered gunshot wounds to the left arm and left leg. Both were in serious condition at Christ Medical Center, she said.
Another man was shot just before 4 p.m. in the 2100 block of West 68th Place in West Englewood, said Officer Thomas Sweeney, a police spokesman.
A 22-year-old man was outside when a gray vehicle pulled up and someone fired shots, striking him in the chest, according to preliminary reports. He was taken in serious condition to Christ hospital, Sweeney said.
Earlier Monday, a 23-year-old man was shot in the West Pullman neighborhood.
The shooting happened shortly before 11:30 a.m. in the 11900 block of South LaSalle Street, said Officer Jose Estrada, a police spokesman.
According to preliminary reports, the man was walking on the street when he heard shots and soon after felt pain. He was taken to Christ hospital with a gunshot wound to the right leg, Estrada said. His condition was stabilized.
No one was in custody in the shootings, and police were investigating.

Gunny
06-17-2015, 08:20 AM

If you want to be a 16th Century Samurai, that's up to you. Lots of people dress up as superheroes and they don't get 1% the press Rachel is receiving.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/kickass2/10-of-the-coolest-real-life-superheroes

Who is having a conniption fit? Besides the media? This seems tofit right in with the ridiculousness of our society.

If I was to point out any one group having a conniption fit based on what I've seen so far .. she's pissed off a lot of blacks.

In all seriousness, samurai is a state of mind. But it was meant as humor.

Gunny
06-17-2015, 08:25 AM

Last I heard last night, SHE is trying to turn it into a political by claiming she is being used as a political tool. IMO, it needs to stay where it is ... a screwball with an agenda. I'm not willing to buy the innocent act. When it suited her to be white and sue Howard University for discrimination, she was white. When it suited her to be black, she was black.

jimnyc
06-17-2015, 08:39 AM
Disagreed. People are having a conniption over it. Yes, the media brought forth this issue. The media always floats lots of balloons in order to attract viewers/readers. It's the public, specifically what draws and maintains their attention, which determines what stays in the news.

It's news - can you please point us out to where people are having a conniption? I see tons and tons of conversations, but no outrage and conniption fits as you put it.

She deserves to be fired. She needs counseling, IMO. But me speaking about this, and pointing out things, doesn't mean it's a conniption fit. And on the media side, at least from what I've seen and read thus far, it's been similar, a lot of discussion and head shaking.

But more reporting, lack of reporting, which makes more headlines... that doesn't equate to a conniption.

jimnyc
06-17-2015, 08:42 AM
Last I heard last night, SHE is trying to turn it into a political by claiming she is being used as a political tool. IMO, it needs to stay where it is ... a screwball with an agenda. I'm not willing to buy the innocent act. When it suited her to be white and sue Howard University for discrimination, she was white. When it suited her to be black, she was black.

Even WORSE, the nitwit is stating that she can't prove it, but she's not even sure her white parents are her real parents at all (never mind the birth certificate and tons of pictures and such). That, and she's also in discussions for a reality show now.

And yeah, the whole lawsuit thing blows her crap right out of the water. She SO thought she was black, since the age of 5, that it was SO embedded into her, that she needed to sue as a white woman? LOL

Max R.
06-17-2015, 09:07 AM
It's news - can you please point us out to where people are having a conniption? I see tons and tons of conversations, but no outrage and conniption fits as you put it.

She deserves to be fired. She needs counseling, IMO. But me speaking about this, and pointing out things, doesn't mean it's a conniption fit. And on the media side, at least from what I've seen and read thus far, it's been similar, a lot of discussion and head shaking.

But more reporting, lack of reporting, which makes more headlines... that doesn't equate to a conniption.
The "tons and tons of conversations" is one. The high amount of emotion over this is another.

Gunny
06-17-2015, 09:13 AM
Even WORSE, the nitwit is stating that she can't prove it, but she's not even sure her white parents are her real parents at all (never mind the birth certificate and tons of pictures and such). That, and she's also in discussions for a reality show now.

And yeah, the whole lawsuit thing blows her crap right out of the water. She SO thought she was black, since the age of 5, that it was SO embedded into her, that she needed to sue as a white woman? LOL

For being the head of the NAACP in Spokane (spell that whitey-ville), she is dumber'n a brick. She just keeps digging that hole deeper and deeper.:laugh:

Gunny
06-17-2015, 09:18 AM
The "tons and tons of conversations" is one. The high amount of emotion over this is another.

It's something to laugh about to me. The only emotion I've seen is from the black women who are offended by her actions. The only one I've seen trying to politicize it is HER.

And I don't get that. The NAACP sucks. That's baseline. Nothing to politicize.

jimnyc
06-17-2015, 09:20 AM

We'll agree to disagree then. I've not seen anything on the hysteric level, simply people, and lots of them, discussing this woman. No rage that I've seen, no tantrums...

For example, consider other racial events in the past 5 years, where death threats are leveled and such, now that's of the hysteric level. This is just a weird issue about one woman and her family that made national news, because of the racial aspect. Discussion, no matter how large, and no matter how lame the subject, doesn't automatically mean folks are having a conniption.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-17-2015, 09:22 AM

Those in favor of her actions and excusing her are really saying that its ok to lie like hell, if the cause mets their definition of being a justification.
Life and reality does not work that way and her flimsy stab at justifications for this scam falls flat. Her "profiting" from it is the reason she did this , along with her being a totally ff'ed up liberal ass. -Tyr

Max R.
06-17-2015, 09:31 AM
It's something to laugh about to me. The only emotion I've seen is from the black women who are offended by her actions. The only one I've seen trying to politicize it is HER.

And I don't get that. The NAACP sucks. That's baseline. Nothing to politicize.
She's not putting herself in the news. If it was up to her, she would never have been on the news. Before all this blew up a couple of days ago, who ever heard of her? While this story is all the rage at the moment and people are jumping up and down with righteous indignation, in a few weeks, no one will care. That's the way it is with BS stories; they don't matter in the long run.

While President of the Spokane NAACP may sound impressive, she's the equivalent of a teacup poodle in a world of rottweilers.

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/53/53063.html

<tbody>
White alone, percent, 2013 (a)
90.0%

</tbody>

<tbody>
Black or African American alone, percent, 2013 (a)
1.9%

</tbody>

jimnyc
06-17-2015, 09:32 AM
She's not putting herself in the news.

If she was HONEST - then this never makes national news. He initial lying about her parents and race is what brought this forth, and her continued lying isn't helping.

Gunny
06-17-2015, 09:36 AM
She's not putting herself in the news. If it was up to her, she would never have been on the news. Before all this blew up a couple of days ago, who ever heard of her? While this story is all the rage at the moment and people are jumping up and down with righteous indignation, in a few weeks, no one will care. That's the way it is with BS stories; they don't matter in the long run.

While President of the Spokane NAACP may sound impressive, she's the equivalent of a teacup poodle in a world of rottweilers.

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/53/53063.html

<tbody>
White alone, percent, 2013 (a)
90.0%

</tbody>

<tbody>
Black or African American alone, percent, 2013 (a)
1.9%

</tbody>

I disagree. She DID put herself in the news. This all started because she claimed she was receiving threats through the mail. From a PO Box only she had access to, and the threat letters were unstamped.

Gunny
06-17-2015, 09:37 AM
If she was HONEST - then this never makes national news. He initial lying about her parents and race is what brought this forth, and her continued lying isn't helping.

They went to her parents after the "threatening" letters SHE complained about. This makes no news had she not been going for some sympathy ploy.

jimnyc
06-17-2015, 09:46 AM
They went to her parents after the "threatening" letters SHE complained about. This makes no news had she not been going for some sympathy ploy.

I already staked my claim, this turns into a "you're a racist" if you dare question her. Her own family admits she asked them to lie for her. They found out where she's been going for a spray tans. I'll admit that it's a small story that is getting MUCH more attention than it likely should have, but that's about it. But this is what happens when you live a life of lies, eventually they catch up with you. Or as my Mom used to say "What a tangled web of lies we weave, when we first practice to deceive". And of course there are multiple variations. She may not have asked for the media attention, whether local or national, but weird shit happens when you lie so much.

Abbey Marie
06-17-2015, 09:49 AM
For a race whose people sometimes tried to pass for white, blacks must really be enjoying this turn of events.

And what really fascinates me, is that a woman with straight hair, would purposely make it look like this. Black women pay thousands of dollars to not look like this. They must be scratching their heads, lol.

http://cdn01.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/headlines/2015/06/who-is-rachel-dolezal-naacp-leader.jpg

Gunny
06-17-2015, 09:54 AM
I already staked my claim, this turns into a "you're a racist" if you dare question her. Her own family admits she asked them to lie for her. They found out where she's been going for a spray tans. I'll admit that it's a small story that is getting MUCH more attention than it likely should have, but that's about it. But this is what happens when you live a life of lies, eventually they catch up with you. Or as my Mom used to say "What a tangled web of lies we weave, when we first practice to deceive". And of course there are multiple variations. She may not have asked for the media attention, whether local or national, but weird shit happens when you lie so much.

It keeps getting more attention because of HER. First, like Hillary, her silence. If you don't talk to the media once the story breaks, they won't quit.

Now, her nonsensical compounding lie upon lie. She had CNN people last night speechless, scratching their heads. :laugh:

Max R.
06-17-2015, 09:55 AM
I disagree. She DID put herself in the news. This all started because she claimed she was receiving threats through the mail. From a PO Box only she had access to, and the threat letters were unstamped.

You and I could do the same thing today, claim we'd each received death threats, and I strongly doubt we'd be on CNN tomorrow much less for a week. People don't put themselves in the news. News reports things and, in pursuit of the Almighty Buck, they replay or pursue stories that catch the public eye.

jimnyc
06-17-2015, 09:55 AM
http://cdn01.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/headlines/2015/06/who-is-rachel-dolezal-naacp-leader.jpg

Any Simpsons fans here? It's very, very possible that she is just the human version of Sideshow Bob. She's 'trans-cartoon' and you shouldn't pick on her!!

http://i.imgur.com/sxtFdV0.jpg

Gunny
06-17-2015, 10:10 AM
You and I could do the same thing today, claim we'd each received death threats, and I strongly doubt we'd be on CNN tomorrow much less for a week. People don't put themselves in the news. News reports things and, in pursuit of the Almighty Buck, they replay or pursue stories that catch the public eye.

That's the point. She was the Head of the Spokane sect of the NAACP. She did it to get attention and brought the attention on herself. She contacts the authorities, and you KNOW the media is right there.

She went unnoticed until she brought attention to herself.

jimnyc
06-17-2015, 10:16 AM
Granted, perhaps initially she didn't ask to be in the news. But as to staying in the news? She granted several interviews, and then went on "Today". I think things like that are what enhances it even more. And she most likely got paid for the Today gig, how much would be what she negotiated. That's just a guess though. My point is, she's certainly not doing anything to take this out of the news.

Perianne
06-17-2015, 10:17 AM
I wonder if she says "motherf**ker" and "nome sayin" in every sentence? If so, at what age did she first say those things?

PixieStix
06-17-2015, 10:19 AM
Personally I don't care. When the news brings a segment up on this weirdo/transracial nutcase. I change the channel, or do something productive. Like post here :D

jimnyc
06-17-2015, 10:24 AM
Personally I don't care. When the news brings a segment up on this weirdo/transracial nutcase. I change the channel, or do something productive. Like post here :D

Don't help the nitwits invent new words!! Technically that word exists, but not for what some are trying to invent now. It will be "Trans..." anything that is the flavor of the day. She's white, simply put. She may have issues, she may identify herself as black for whatever reason, she may have adopted black siblings, been married to a black man and done so many good things for black causes. But she's white.

How long before other "transracial" people pup up, and then expecting to receive some sort of rights, because they're black? And they'll probably get it too in this weird world.

PixieStix
06-17-2015, 10:29 AM
I wonder if she says "motherf**ker" and "nome sayin" in every sentence? If so, at what age did she first say those things?

Maybe for fity fy cint

darin
06-17-2015, 10:30 AM

Jeezus - that's racist-as-fuck. :(

Poor taste there Peri.

Perianne
06-17-2015, 10:31 AM
So what's next? I personally can't wait for a transgender that is also a transracial!

Gunny
06-17-2015, 10:55 AM
Granted, perhaps initially she didn't ask to be in the news. But as to staying in the news? She granted several interviews, and then went on "Today". I think things like that are what enhances it even more. And she most likely got paid for the Today gig, how much would be what she negotiated. That's just a guess though. My point is, she's certainly not doing anything to take this out of the news.

The problem is, she's got no answers when you get past the surface question. She looks like a deer in the headlights then. If you're going to lie, at least put some effort into it.

Gunny
06-17-2015, 10:57 AM
Don't help the nitwits invent new words!! Technically that word exists, but not for what some are trying to invent now. It will be "Trans..." anything that is the flavor of the day. She's white, simply put. She may have issues, she may identify herself as black for whatever reason, she may have adopted black siblings, been married to a black man and done so many good things for black causes. But she's white.

How long before other "transracial" people pup up, and then expecting to receive some sort of rights, because they're black? And they'll probably get it too in this weird world.

Too late. Wendy Walsh already coined "transracial" on Don Lemon's show 2 nights ago. I WAS actually going to mention that too. Just decided to wait and see, but I'm betting it's the next big thing.

PixieStix
06-17-2015, 11:02 AM
Too late. Wendy Walsh already coined "transracial" on Don Lemon's show 2 nights ago. I WAS actually going to mention that too. Just decided to wait and see, but I'm betting it's the next big thing.

I heard the term from my employer. So I am guessing it has already become the new big trans

Bilgerat
06-17-2015, 11:17 AM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7346&stc=1

Max R.
06-17-2015, 11:18 AM
Any Simpsons fans here? It's very, very possible that she is just the human version of Sideshow Bob. She's 'trans-cartoon' and you shouldn't pick on her!!

http://i.imgur.com/sxtFdV0.jpgShe's not as smart nor malevolent as Sideshow Bob.

Perianne
06-17-2015, 11:25 AM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7346&stc=1

That made my day!!!! Thanks.

namvet
06-17-2015, 11:51 AM
https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/11407031_918324861559828_1597323464838267047_n.jpg ?oh=b42e3178666aeb2d6e635cbb1055c45c&oe=562E0C97

Perianne
06-17-2015, 12:40 PM
And now the transracial has a porno!

[Rachel] Dolezal, 37, admitted participating in 'sexual acts' on camera with Kevin Moore, who has been pictured in public for the first time since their wedding photo appeared.

However, Dolezal - a serial litigant who resigned her post as leader of the Spokane, Washington chapter of the NAACP Monday - insisted she took part in the video against her will.

Yeah, we believe you, Rachel. lol

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3127173/Rachel-Dolezal-SEX-TAPE-ex-husband-forced-perform-sex-acts-camera-against-claimed-court-papers.html#ixzz3dLHIW9Oq

Below: Rachel and her hubby.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/06/17/16/29AC573600000578-3127173-Sex_tape_Rachel_Dolezal_accused_her_ex_husband_of_ forcing_her_to-a-16_1434556275236.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/06/17/16/29ADF72A00000578-3127173-Denial_In_court_papers_Dolezal_claimed_that_she_wa s_in_an_abusiv-m-15_1434556265855.jpg

PixieStix
06-17-2015, 01:15 PM
This just keeps getting weirderer and weirderer :slap:

aboutime
06-17-2015, 01:36 PM
This stuff kinda hints at new ways to use the NAACP identification, and the choices can be endless.

Such as: National Association Alleged Cracker People?

Anyone else with an acronym idea? Let's see how far we can go...since we all are RACISTS now.

Perianne
06-17-2015, 01:39 PM
Whatcha wanna bet she gets a TV program out of the deal? It will be on right after the Kardashians.

darin
06-17-2015, 01:40 PM

That's my word: http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?50106-Trans-Racial-the-new-quot-Self-identify-quot-area-NCAA-Leader-outted-as-white ;)

Perianne
06-17-2015, 02:14 PM
Whatcha wanna bet she gets a TV program out of the deal? It will be on right after the Kardashians.

NAACP race faker Rachel Dolezal stepped down from her job Monday, but RadarOnline.com has learned she already has a new gig in the works: Dolezal is fielding multiple offers to film a reality show, and is seeking professional representation after her bombshell interview on the Today show.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/race-faker-rachel-dolezal-reality-show-agent-publicist/

Perianne
06-17-2015, 02:23 PM
http://moonbattery.com/graphics/dolezal-greetings-from-spokane.jpg

jimnyc
06-17-2015, 03:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/J0XeIMF.jpg

Bilgerat
06-17-2015, 04:19 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/2it4mqo.jpg

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7350&stc=1

Bilgerat
06-17-2015, 05:29 PM
​https://scontent-atl1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/11535928_880203178722578_123908366146527972_n.jpg? oh=881cb4f23c785f966bd2e05830fd8376&oe=562E5F39

Jeff
06-18-2015, 12:46 AM
What a piece of trash, they ought to hand her over to these folks now.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fSkHjWlHHOs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://conservativevideos.com/video-emerges-of-rachel-dolezal-speaking-to-baltimore-protesters-before-she-was-outed-as-white/

Perianne
06-18-2015, 01:00 AM
What a piece of trash, they ought to hand her over to these folks now.

Day of the rope.

jimnyc
06-18-2015, 07:51 AM
http://i.imgur.com/PgwWzix.jpg

Max R.
06-18-2015, 11:52 AM
And now the transracial has a porno!

Yeah, we believe you, Rachel. lol

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3127173/Rachel-Dolezal-SEX-TAPE-ex-husband-forced-perform-sex-acts-camera-against-claimed-court-papers.html#ixzz3dLHIW9Oq

Below: Rachel and her hubby.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/06/17/16/29AC573600000578-3127173-Sex_tape_Rachel_Dolezal_accused_her_ex_husband_of_ forcing_her_to-a-16_1434556275236.jpg

Just a guess, but I bet the carpet doesn't match the drapes. We'd have to see the video to be sure.

Gunny
06-18-2015, 03:01 PM
And Al Sharpton blaming the parents. :laugh:

aboutime
06-18-2015, 03:31 PM
And Al Sharpton blaming the parents. :laugh:

Agreed. Because SHARP people actually know. AL never had any parents. The trash truck took a dump, and we ended up with him.:laugh:

Gunny
06-18-2015, 03:34 PM
Agreed. Because SHARP people actually know. AL never had any parents. The trash truck took a dump, and we ended up with him.:laugh:

:laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-18-2015, 03:51 PM

I am not sure that merely commenting is equal to high emotion or even a high amount of emotion. This tying in with the new black sensitivity and cry for even greater "special status" gets it more attention than it deserves.
Media over hyping it does not equate to its being as popular or as discussed as many are lead to believe.
I stopped reading anything about it after my first couple comments days ago.
Its a lying bitch gaming the system and arrogant as hell about doing so.. No big deal to me... -Tyr

Max R.
06-19-2015, 01:34 PM
I am not sure that merely commenting is equal to high emotion or even a high amount of emotion. This tying in with the new black sensitivity and cry for even greater "special status" gets it more attention than it deserves.
Media over hyping it does not equate to its being as popular or as discussed as many are lead to believe.
I stopped reading anything about it after my first couple comments days ago.
Its a lying bitch gaming the system and arrogant as hell about doing so.. No big deal to me... -Tyr
Agreed just commenting isn't enough, but some people really are investing a lot of emotion into this.

I don't blame the media for the reactions of individuals. That would be accepting the false premise that we are victims of the press and that they control us. Bullsh*t. Sane, responsible adults accept responsibility for their own feelings and actions.

Abbey Marie
06-19-2015, 01:56 PM
Agreed just commenting isn't enough, but some people really are investing a lot of emotion into this.

I don't blame the media for the reactions of individuals. That would be accepting the false premise that we are victims of the press and that they control us. Bullsh*t. Sane, responsible adults accept responsibility for their own feelings and actions.

You really believe that this country is full of people smart enough to resist a barrage of media? I think you give way too much credit.

jimnyc
06-19-2015, 01:57 PM
Maybe Steve Martin is really her father?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfAvQp-Uk5I

Max R.
06-19-2015, 02:16 PM
You really believe that this country is full of people smart enough to resist a barrage of media? I think you give way too much credit.
At least half of them, but probably closer to the upper 55% half.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/48/Bell_curve_and_IQ.jpg