PDA

View Full Version : Places you don't go or things you don't do because they are beyond your ability?

tailfins
06-18-2015, 10:02 AM
For me some are:
Funerals
Bars (good thing I don't drink)
Managing other people
Interact with anglo women
Places where people are talking from different directions
Multi-tasking
Live meetings: I generally attend remotely from my desk

I often am asked "Is anything wrong? at buffets and cafeterias. Try getting lunch when the noise and movement around you make you dizzy. It can be done, but apparently it makes people around you uncomfortable (that's THEIR problem).

My manager told me not to give up on managing people. He thinks one day, I can manage an offshore team. What are some things you won't even attempt, because they are 100% beyond your ability?

CSM
06-18-2015, 10:06 AM
For me some are:
Funerals
Managing other people
Multi-tasking

I often am asked "Is anything wrong? at buffets and cafeterias. Try getting lunch when the noise and movement around you make you dizzy. It can be done, but apparently it makes people around you uncomfortable (that's THEIR problem).

My manager told me not to give up on managing people. He thinks one day, I can manage an offshore team. What are some things you won't even attempt, because they are 100% beyond your ability?

Just a few:

Brain surgery
Flying without the aid of any mechanical external device
Reading other peoples minds
Understanding women

Gunny
06-18-2015, 10:12 AM
For me some are:
Funerals
Managing other people
Multi-tasking

Huh?

Gunny
06-18-2015, 10:14 AM
Just a few:

Brain surgery
Flying without the aid of any mechanical external device
Reading other peoples minds
Understanding women

Okay, you got me on the understanding women thing. :laugh:

Balu
06-18-2015, 10:17 AM
Battlefield.
Aiming at human beings.

Gunny
06-18-2015, 10:30 AM
Battlefield.
Aiming at human beings.

Depends on what you're defending. Defending unappreciative sheep seems to be a mindset.

sundaydriver
06-18-2015, 11:12 AM
I don't go to work and can't shop with women. :laugh:

Bilgerat
06-18-2015, 03:30 PM
1) Don't like to fly. I figure that God put my nose at the height it is for a reason
2) Don't ski or run, knees are shot
3) Hate roller coasters
4) LOVED taking a 44 foot MLB into the surf

aboutime
06-18-2015, 03:37 PM
Communicating with other people who are willing to admit....They don't know, what they don't know, they don't know. And not trying to always pretend...they somehow, DO?