PDA

View Full Version : Black activists fear ‘race war’ amid Charleston shooting

Jeff
06-19-2015, 11:32 PM
These activist I think like to plant a seed in people's minds. I watched a few video's tonight, one where Roof had to face ( through camera ) survivors o0f the victims and they pretty much all asked God to have mercy on him and the first woman started out by telling him she forgave him, yes then there was another at a school, it had just as many ( if not more ) whites crying as it did blacks. This tragedy hurt all of us not just blacks,But these activist say they are afraid of what the youth will do, yup get them to do what you really want to.

CHARLESTON (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/charleston/), S.C. — Black community activists raised alarms Thursday about the mass murder at the historic black church potentially sparking race riots in Charleston (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/charleston/), South Carolina.
“We don’t need any more bloodshed and we don’t need a race war,” pleaded J. Denise Cromwell, a black community activists. “Charleston (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/charleston/) has a lot of racial tension. … We’re drowning and someone is pouring water over us.”
Ms. Cromwell said that nerves were still raw from the fatal shooting two months ago of a black man, Walter Scott, by a white police officer in neighboring North Charleston (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/charleston/), which ignited major protests.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jun/18/black-activists-fear-race-war-amid-charleston-shoo/#ixzz3dSaPDYoG

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-20-2015, 12:45 AM
These activist I think like to plant a seed in people's minds. I watched a few video's tonight, one where Roof had to face ( through camera ) survivors o0f the victims and they pretty much all asked God to have mercy on him and the first woman started out by telling him she forgave him, yes then there was another at a school, it had just as many ( if not more ) whites crying as it did blacks. This tragedy hurt all of us not just blacks,But these activist say they are afraid of what the youth will do, yup get them to do what you really want to.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jun/18/black-activists-fear-race-war-amid-charleston-shoo/#ixzz3dSaPDYoG

The ffing kid is crazy, believed in apartheid in Africa and cried you people are raping our women. Little fool probably couldn't get any poontan because he was a freak,and decided to off himself and go out in a blaze of glory. After murdering those innocent people the coward back out of biting a bullet himself.
Crazy is crazy, has nothing to do with race. -Tyr

revelarts
06-20-2015, 06:59 AM

why do you think "it's what they REALLY" want when they keep encouraging calm.
And telling kids to keep their emotions in check.

“We don’t need any more bloodshed and we don’t need a race war,” pleaded J. Denise Cromwell, a black community activists.
“Charleston (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/charleston/) has a lot of racial tension. … We’re drowning and someone is pouring water over us.”
Ms. Cromwell said that nerves were still raw from the fatal shooting two months ago of a black man, Walter Scott, by a white police officer in neighboring North Charleston (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/charleston/), which ignited major protests.
Black activist Michelle Felder, 58, said she feared the city’s young people “aren’t thinking” and might seek revenge, an emotional reaction that she said she understood but was mature enough to resist.“ This is 2015 and we are still going through the same things we went through 50 years ago,” she said. “This is so sickening. We are so tired.”
Religious and political leaders have repeatedly called for calm since the shooting Wednesday night.Pastor Thomas A. Dixon, a civil rights activist and community organizer, urged the city’s black residents to “keep your emotions under control.” “We’ve been consistently putting forward a message of remain reserved and stay calm,” said Mr. Dixon, who participated in an afternoon prayer vigil at Morrison Street Baptist Church, a few blocks from Emanuel AME.Mr. Dixon called the attack “senseless” and a “horrific crime,” but he said the violence was not a new phenomena and stressed that similar attacks have targeted groups other than blacks.
“It is a crime that has happened in Jewish synagogs, Buddhist temples, Catholic churches and movie theaters and now it has come to Charleston (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/charleston/) to this AME church,” he said.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jun/18/black-activists-fear-race-war-amid-charleston-shoo/#ixzz3dbOPg7ph

I just don't understand how you read into the above that these activist "REALLY want to" incite a "Race War"
What from this story and these activist gives you that impression instead of what they are actually saying "remain reserved and stay calm"?

Jeff
06-20-2015, 07:04 AM
why do you think "it's what they REALLY" want when they keep encouraging calm.
And telling kids to keep their emotions in check.

I just don't understand how you read into the above that these activist "REALLY want to" incite a "Race War"
What from this story and these activist gives you that impression instead of what they are actually saying "remain reserved and stay calm"?

The reason being rev is none of the kids have started anything as of yet, it is peaceful, heck folks are coming out talking about forgiveness, it sounds like it is being done the correct way. White and Black are mourning 9 folks that lost their lives to a mental case, but no at this point there is no riots or anything like it, and as I said if you watch the video's black and white a like are sticking together and crying together. Why bring something to the game that isn't even their unless you want to plant a seed.

revelarts
06-20-2015, 07:23 AM
The reason being rev is none of the kids have started anything as of yet, it is peaceful, heck folks are coming out talking about forgiveness, it sounds like it is being done the correct way. White and Black are mourning 9 folks that lost their lives to a mental case, but no at this point there is no riots or anything like it, and as I said if you watch the video's black and white a like are sticking together and crying together. Why bring something to the game that isn't even their unless you want to plant a seed.

yes it's great the way the city has responded. but maybe there are a few kids that haven't responded the same way that these people on the scene have spoken too. maybe their comments have helped bring the calm we see to some of the kids we see or don't see.

I've mentioned before that there a fair amount of latent frustration over especially unfair policing, and then some over racism in general. With some people it's waiting for a spark to set them off on a negative unproductive outburst. it's not unwise to directly address what --for some-- is sitting underneath.

And while in the extreme saying "don't do drugs" to kids that are not involved in drugs might get a few weak kids to experiment.
I'd think most would say that's it's probably not the "real" intent of those who said it for the kids to become addicts.

Do you think it's possible the activist have good intentions at all? Or are you completely convinced they simply want to incite violence because they mentioned it?

jimnyc
06-20-2015, 07:28 AM

You could have just stated "those weren't my words, it's the title of the article"

Jeff
06-20-2015, 07:47 AM
yes it's great the way the city has responded. but maybe there are a few kids that haven't responded the same way that these people on the scene have spoken too. maybe their comments have helped bring the calm we see to some of the kids we see or don't see.

Maybe, Rev I haven't seen it and we all know the media would be swarming like ants at a picnic had their been problems.

I've mentioned before that there a fair amount of latent frustration over especially unfair policing, and then some over racism in general. With some people it's waiting for a spark to set them off on a negative unproductive outburst. it's not unwise to directly address what --for some-- is sitting underneath.

Agreed to a point, issue is , it isn't there so why put it into play.

And while in the extreme saying "don't do drugs" to kids that are not involved in drugs might get a few weak kids to experiment.
I'd think most would say that's it's probably not the "real" intent of those who said it for the kids to become addicts.

Drugs is a real issue, I haven't seen blacks forming armies or going into battle, other than the few idiots that call themselves the NBPP, again a race war is a non issue at this point why throw it out there other than to plant a seed.

Do you think it's possible the activist have good intentions at all? Or are you completely convinced they simply want to incite violence because they mentioned it?

I believe a lot of Activist that are calling for calm, that are saying how this is one idiot not a whole race are doing just what they should, I think most would agree with what they are saying.

Rev when Baltimore , Ferguson and other places erupted and people said it was going to turn into a war you brushed it off as nonsense, hell in many of your post it felt like you where saying exactly what I am, only it was against white,Take the blinders off bro, to start talking about a race war is ridicules, there has been no violent issues, none of the peaceful protest we have seen in other places, just people acting the way they should. Why put it out there if it hasn't even took that turn. And yes Rev there are some racist blacks :eek: yup some that would love to see a race war start, no need to place a seed in kids mind when nothing is happening.

revelarts
06-20-2015, 09:14 AM
I believe a lot of Activist that are calling for calm, that are saying how this is one idiot not a whole race are doing just what they should, I think most would agree with what they are saying.

Rev when Baltimore , Ferguson and other places erupted and people said it was going to turn into a war you brushed it off as nonsense, hell in many of your post it felt like you where saying exactly what I am, only it was against white,Take the blinders off bro, to start talking about a race war is ridicules, there has been no violent issues, none of the peaceful protest we have seen in other places, just people acting the way they should. Why put it out there if it hasn't even took that turn. And yes Rev there are some racist blacks :eek: yup some that would love to see a race war start, no need to place a seed in kids mind when nothing is happening.

Yeah I pretty much roll my eye's whenever someone mentions "race war".
i've heard people talk about it since i was child. 50 years. I know a guy that was a black radical in the 60s. hated whites. He hung around with people who talked about "race war" and "violent revolution". He final quit saying they were crazy. He's NOT among the number of blacks that you think are really looking for a race war. He retired last year from 25 years on an engineering job and is a Jehovahs Witnesses walking the streets with other white JWs .

But in general i really don't know of any blacks who take race war seriously. Getting a job, a home, keeping the family fed, fair policing, health, retirement, staying alive, are on the agendas of a lot of Black people. Race war doesn't really make the list for people i know or even read about Jeff.

But if what you mean when you say "race war" is multiple cities springing into stupid riots at once and random unprovoked shootings with people yelling about race as an excuse to loot. OK in the extreme, on cool day in hell, yeah that could happen one day maybe in my next 50 years of life. But it'd simply be crime by poor idiots, not "war".

And yes there are people in the world willing to do stupid things supposedly spurred by the idea of race war they've gotten from "leaders". Roof is exhibit "A".
And i have to say if just mentioning in a negative sense "race war" is really a CALL TO race war then white nationalist are probably at the top of the list of those really calling for it.

And if we're going to interpret the mentioning of certain things as really a desire for it then when whites make racist jokes about dead blacks or blacks being bitten by dogs, or cops sing happy songs about dead blacks, if someone flies a confederate flag does it REALLY mean they want slavery back, if not why fly it? Seems to me that's a easier step to take logically.

But I've been told not to take things like that as very seriously.
But maybe i should open my eyes to it as well I guess.

but OK, i guess we disagree here.

Jeff
06-20-2015, 10:04 AM
Yeah I pretty much roll my eye's whenever someone mentions "race war".
i've heard people talk about it since i was child. 50 years. I know a guy that was a black radical in the 60s. hated whites. He hung around with people who talked about "race war" and "violent revolution". He final quit saying they were crazy. He's NOT among the number of blacks that you think are really looking for a race war. He retired last year from 25 years on an engineering job and is a Jehovahs Witnesses walking the streets with other white JWs .

But in general i really don't know of any blacks who take race war seriously. Getting a job, a home, keeping the family fed, fair policing, health, retirement, staying alive, are on the agendas of a lot of Black people. Race war doesn't really make the list for people i know or even read about Jeff.

Well I guess we are in agreement Rev, now I have to wonder why you questioned at all. :rolleyes: I stated in the opening thread ( and many times since ) that calling for a race war ( or believing one is coming ) was crazy. And stupid to do when people are wearing their feelings on their sleeves.

But if what you mean when you say "race war" is multiple cities springing into stupid riots at once and random unprovoked shootings with people yelling about race as an excuse to loot. OK in the extreme, on cool day in hell, yeah that could happen one day maybe in my next 50 years of life. But it'd simply be crime by poor idiots, not "war".

What I mean is exactly what I said, there is no need for activist to be mentioning race war at all other than to put a bug in young people's minds, Rev are we on the same thread here. :dunno: This entire thread was about folks calling for race wars when there is none going on, and now you agree. :eek:

And yes there are people in the world willing to do stupid things supposedly spurred by the idea of race war they've gotten from "leaders". Roof is exhibit "A".

What leader would you be talking about Rev ? The Klan, I haven't seen Roof linked to them as of yet, but you have just answered exactly what I have been saying, why should a leader on either side be putting this kind of trash in young people's minds ? Now lets look at it this way, you are saying Roof is a perfect example, well he hasn't just lost loved ones nor has his home town just been devastated by a tragedy nor have there been racial tensions throughout the Country do to whites rioting, and yes I agree leaders put these thoughts in young peoples minds, hmmm sounds so familiar , like from the first post, or was it your first post that stated no they don't, I guess only whites are lead by hate. Thank you for clearing that up.

And i have to say if just mentioning in a negative sense "race war" is really a CALL TO race war then white nationalist are probably at the top of the list of those really calling for it.

Then yes and this has been your argument all along, but now that I called the black activist out you had a different stance until now, ooo yea but we are back to talking about whites doing it. You don't see the issue here, you say OK to black activist doing it in a city that is grieving right now 9 folks that where just killed but after your earlier replies you actually have the nerve to speak of whites doing it. :rolleyes: What the white nationalist are guilty of if anything ( after all it isn't them talking about burning the bitch down, rioting , looting and other wise just acting like animals ) is the exact thing I called out here that you argues was OK, again you have really got me confused now. :smoke:

And if we're going to interpret the mentioning of certain things as really a desire for it then when whites make racist jokes about dead blacks or blacks being bitten by dogs, or cops sing happy songs about dead blacks, if someone flies a confederate flag does it REALLY mean they want slavery back, if not why fly it? Seems to me that's a easier step to take logically.

AAA Rev you have spoke out about most of them at one point or another, and lets get this straight now, these black activist spoke of race war while a city is grieving, hell the bodies aren't even cold yet. And blacks being bitten by dogs, OK you lost me there.

But I've been told not to take things like that as very seriously.
But maybe i should open my eyes to it as well I guess.

but OK, i guess we disagree here.

Rev yes we will have to agree to disagree, Whites bad blacks OK, yup I hear ya buddy, but you are correct we will have to disagree.

revelarts
06-20-2015, 10:47 AM
Rev yes we will have to agree to disagree, Whites bad blacks OK, yup I hear ya buddy, but you are correct we will have to disagree.

if that's how you read what i said I suppose i can't change your mind.

So if i understand you right your think my saying "race war" is stupid concept for any to seriously consider. i'm just wrong and blind.
But if i take your position seriously that a mention NOT to race war is really just a veiled incitement to it. i'm ok i guess.
But if i along with that consider white people making jokes of dead blacks etc must also be inciting the killing of blacks as well.
Then you think what i REALLY mean is "blacks OK and whites bad".

ok.

yeah we disagree.

Jeff
06-20-2015, 11:57 AM
if that's how you read what i said I suppose i can't change your mind.

So if i understand you right your think my saying "race war" is stupid concept for any to seriously consider. i'm just wrong and blind.
But if i take your position seriously that a mention NOT to race war is really just a veiled incitement to it. i'm ok i guess.
But if i along with that consider white people making jokes of dead blacks etc must also be inciting the killing of blacks as well.
Then you think what i REALLY mean is "blacks OK and whites bad".

ok.

yeah we disagree.

Rev I agree any mention of a race war is negative and no good, but you argued that it was no biggie, but then posted how Roof got his hatred from leaders, all I am saying is there is no reason for anyone to be yelling about race wars when so far at least, folks are doing the right thing, consoling each other and grieving 9 good folks, there is no reason at all to even mention a race war other than as the LEADERS that turned Roof did, they are trying to plant seed to make kids follow.

IF leaders made Roof the way he is, why can't black activist be doing the same thing ??

Gunny
06-20-2015, 01:50 PM
You mean they are going to sing people to death with Amazing Grace?