PDA

View Full Version : Where to put gifts if abandoning Christmas tree?

tailfins
06-20-2015, 10:50 AM
If you studied and decided having a Christmas tree was a sin, ceasing to use one, where would you put the gifts? Intermingling them with the figures on in a Nativity scene would almost seem to desecrate it.

Fun fact: Christmas trees were not commonly adopted in New England until the 1850s. In other words, the Puritans in New England didn't use them for centuries.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-20-2015, 11:05 AM
If you studied and decided having a Christmas tree was a sin, ceasing to use one, where would you put the gifts? Intermingling them with the figures on in a Nativity scene would almost seem to desecrate it.

Fun fact: Christmas trees were not commonly adopted in New England until the 1850s. In other words, the Puritans in New England didn't use them for centuries.

You could put them with the turkey on Thanksgiving day. Combine both and be frugal and cheap too.
After all, you mustn't forget your "golden rule", eh?
Food for thought, amigo.... -Tyr

Bilgerat
06-20-2015, 11:19 AM
Since it has come to the time that I and my Lady are sans "youts" (some live in Maine, others in Tennessee) we get a small live tree.

When the season ends, we transplant the tree to the yard

This was two years ago and started at less that two feet tall :laugh:

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=b600f4b35c&view=fimg&th=14e11c357bfd2546&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&attbid=ANGjdJ82Dzry2t12omYmz9QPikQGEH5QjEbDMirPkVT q5BvVDX2PNeb1tL8UnDDUko8E5MdzPYl1xfNkWn7OvOT0DTecz 623n0bTR3FqMIYfBjB7wCIjc_YPwVyqnuc&ats=1434817170995&rm=14e11c357bfd2546&zw&sz=w1250-h786

Voted4Reagan
06-20-2015, 12:52 PM
This is a "TEST" of the TAILFINS Board Trolling System.

It is meant to provoke controversy and to insult those who may practice a Pagan/Wiccan Religion.

If this had been a Post that had any actual content it would have come from someone else.

This ends the "TEST" .

Do Not feed the Troll...

tailfins
06-20-2015, 01:05 PM

It is meant to provoke controversy and to insult those who may practice a Pagan/Wiccan Religion.

If this had been a Post that had any actual content it would have come from someone else.

This ends the "TEST" .

Do Not feed the Troll...

It means I'm taking the information (not the attitude) of your posts seriously. You made a credible point that a Christmas tree may have it's origins in sorcery. How do you know when you're summoning some supposedly "benign" spirit, you're not really summoning Beelzebub, Mammon or even Legion ?

Voted4Reagan
06-20-2015, 01:06 PM
It means I'm taking the information (not the attitude) of your posts seriously. You made a credible point that a Christmas tree may have it's origins in sorcery. How do you know when you're summoning some supposedly "benign" spirit, you're not really summoning Beelzebub, Mammon or even Legion ?

This ends the "TEST" .

Do Not feed the Troll...

indago
06-20-2015, 01:41 PM
No more Christmas Trees! No more gifts! Celebrate Christmas for what it is!

Gunny
06-20-2015, 01:44 PM

You mean the pagan ritual of the Winter soltice?

tailfins
06-20-2015, 01:47 PM

I thought of that. One sure fire way to cause kids to resent your beliefs is to make it seem like punishment. For example, we don't celebrate Halloween. Chuck E. Cheese is deserted on Halloween. I took my sons there almost every Halloween. One day my youngest son asked: "Isn't our not celebration, really just another kind of celebration for Halloween"? He wanted to stay home and play online games. My oldest did as well. We stopped going to Chuck E. Cheese's. Doing NOTHING for Halloween was their idea.

Voted4Reagan
06-20-2015, 02:36 PM

This ends the "TEST" .

Do Not feed the Troll...

bullypulpit
06-30-2015, 06:15 AM

On, and around the TV.