PDA

View Full Version : Widow Receives Nasty Note Over Her “Relentlessly Gay” Rainbow Yard Lights

Voted4Reagan
06-20-2015, 12:40 PM
http://www.queerty.com/widow-receives-nasty-note-over-her-relentlessly-gay-rainbow-yard-lights-20150618?utm_source=bb82&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=relentlesslygay&ts_pid=2&ts_pid=2

“Your yard is becoming Relentlessly Gay!” the note read. “Myself and others in the neighborhood ask that you Tone It Down. This is a Christian (http://www.queerty.com/?s=christian) area and there are Children. Keep it up and I will be Forced to call the Police on you! Your kind need to have Respect for GOD.”

http://queerty-prodweb.s3.amazonaws.com/wp/docs/2015/06/TGpibBOl.jpg

WiccanLiberal
06-20-2015, 02:09 PM
First - I want those lights. They're fun and funky. Second - This lady had the same response I would have. Don't like my colorful lights? Fine. That is a challenge to me to turn my yard into a rainbow wonderland. Heck, I'll plant flowerbeds in a freaking rainbow curve you can see from space and hang rainbow flags from every tree and fencepost and play Judy Garland tunes at every darned BBQ I host all summer.

Gunny
06-20-2015, 02:11 PM
First - I want those lights. They're fun and funky. Second - This lady had the same response I would have. Don't like my colorful lights? Fine. That is a challenge to me to turn my yard into a rainbow wonderland. Heck, I'll plant flowerbeds in a freaking rainbow curve you can see from space and hang rainbow flags from every tree and fencepost and play Judy Garland tunes at every darned BBQ I host all summer.

I didn't know God had coloured lights.

Voted4Reagan
06-20-2015, 03:09 PM

I'll make you the lights dear......

Abbey Marie
06-20-2015, 04:25 PM
The level of sanity we have is directly proportional to the amount of acreage between us and our closest neighbor and road.

Speaking for me, anyway. Privacy and quietude are my fondest dreams.

Voted4Reagan
06-20-2015, 04:49 PM
The level of sanity we have is directly proportional to the amount of acreage between us and our closest neighbor and road.

Speaking for me, anyway. Privacy and quietude are my fondest dreams.

I think Abbey has Rainbow lights of her own!! lol

Abbey Marie
06-20-2015, 04:53 PM
I think Abbey has Rainbow lights of her own!! lol

Ya think? :laugh2:

Noir
06-20-2015, 05:23 PM
I saw a rainbow in our relentlessly gay sky today.
Should of called the police...

Drummond
06-20-2015, 05:50 PM
I saw a rainbow in our relentlessly gay sky today.
Should of called the police...

'Relentlessly gay' sky, you say ?

How's that, then ?

Are you claiming that Northern Ireland has rainbows in its sky for every hour of every day ?

I hope your assertion has nothing to do with the 'legal highs' we've been hearing about in the news, of late ...

Drummond
06-20-2015, 05:53 PM

Why inflict all that on everyone within sight of your yard ?

If you feel such a need for such lights, or such colours, why not indulge it within the privacy of your own home ?

Why not just get yourself a paint chart, and study that ?

WiccanLiberal
06-20-2015, 06:06 PM
Point is that if what a person chooses to put in their yard is legal then the neighbors have nothing to say about it. If your grass is kept trimmed and your fences conform to code and your flagpole isn't too tall, then you have the right to decorate and landscape as you please. And in the face of the level of imbecility displayed by that cowardly excuse for a neighbor, I would go as gay and or pagan as possible just to show I gave their opinions the exact degree of credence they deserved.

Noir
06-20-2015, 06:21 PM
'relentlessly gay' sky, you say ?

How's that, then ?

Are you claiming that northern ireland has rainbows in its sky for every hour of every day ?

I hope your assertion has nothing to do with the 'legal highs' we've been hearing about in the news, of late ...

There was a rainbow in the sky, children could have seen it!

Drummond
06-20-2015, 06:33 PM
Point is that if what a person chooses to put in their yard is legal then the neighbors have nothing to say about it. If your grass is kept trimmed and your fences conform to code and your flagpole isn't too tall, then you have the right to decorate and landscape as you please. And in the face of the level of imbecility displayed by that cowardly excuse for a neighbor, I would go as gay and or pagan as possible just to show I gave their opinions the exact degree of credence they deserved.

I basically take your point. Even so, you've shifted context a little. Before, you'd posted ..

Don't like my colorful lights? Fine. That is a challenge to me to turn my yard into a rainbow wonderland.

... as if your choice would be made, as a reaction to your neighbours. Because of them, and directed at them. So in an inverted way, you are giving your neighbours a level of credence, even if you're also defying them.

Drummond
06-20-2015, 06:35 PM
There was a rainbow in the sky, children could have seen it!

Shocking stuff, Noir.

But, still ... 'relentlessly' ? You've skipped over an answer to that one. How does one get a 'relentlessly gay sky' ?

Noir
06-20-2015, 06:40 PM
Shocking stuff, Noir.

But, still ... 'relentlessly' ? You've skipped over an answer to that one. How does one get a 'relentlessly gay sky' ?

The same way you get a 'relentlessly gay garden' by having a dozen coloured lanterns in it.

Voted4Reagan
06-20-2015, 07:15 PM
Hey Neighbor.... Don't like my 4'x6' American flag?

Well.... SALUTE MY HOUSE!!!!

https://chesapeakejournal.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/flag-house-cambridge.jpg

Gunny
06-20-2015, 07:44 PM
I basically take your point. Even so, you've shifted context a little. Before, you'd posted ..

... as if your choice would be made, as a reaction to your neighbours. Because of them, and directed at them. So in an inverted way, you are giving your neighbours a level of credence, even if you're also defying them.

I don't see that. I see someone doing what they want to do. Freedom of expression isn't in the First Amendment for no reason.

Jeff
06-20-2015, 08:47 PM
I have to wonder what else is in her yard besides these light, if all that is there is lights. hell I have colored lights I set up around the the screen room when I have a party. Now when you walk into my yard you know you are in a bikers yard, yes most things Harley Davidson, I keep it in moderation and I have plenty of land that the neighbors don't see my entire yard , but I also don't do things to annoy the neighbors ( unless they piss me off :laugh: ) I just find it hard to believe that anyone would call colored lights making your yard look gay. Now with that said if she has decorated her yard to look gay, well she has that right ( I say she had that right, but in some neighborhoods she doesn't, Guess it depends on the neighborhood or home owners group)but hell I guess those folks that are into BDSM should put a dungeon in their yard. Sometimes your yard if open to all your neighbors eyes you should be considerate.

Drummond
06-21-2015, 03:29 PM
The same way you get a 'relentlessly gay garden' by having a dozen coloured lanterns in it.

So let's be clear.

Are rainbows seen over Irish skies, permanent features ? 'Relentlessly' so ?

Voted4Reagan
06-21-2015, 03:34 PM
'Relentlessly gay' sky, you say ?

How's that, then ?

Are you claiming that Northern Ireland has rainbows in its sky for every hour of every day ?

It must be a Plot by ILGO to turn Ireland and Great Britain GAY!!!

Noir
06-21-2015, 03:47 PM
So let's be clear. Are rainbows seen over Irish skies, permanent features ? 'Relentlessly' so ?

I understand when the americans don't get the sarcasm, but a fellow brit?...

Abbey Marie
06-21-2015, 04:45 PM
I understand when the americans don't get the sarcasm, but a fellow brit?...

Lol, that is just cute. Love you Brits!

Drummond
06-21-2015, 05:56 PM
I don't see that. I see someone doing what they want to do. Freedom of expression isn't in the First Amendment for no reason.

That's a fair enough point, I suppose.

But, how about this as an example ? Someone organises a 'gay pride' march. So, it happens. Many gays / homos / assorted weirdos turn up, and 'ham up' the gay aspect of themselves for all they're worth, and you get public displays on American streets where homos are shoving gratuitous, shall we say, 'supportive' displays of what they say they stand for down (figuratively speaking) everyone's throats.

You might just as equally excuse all that using the same argument, that the Constitution's First Amendment supports their right to freedom of expression. But I'd argue that there's something called human decency, which SHOULD make a critical difference.

What they do within the privacy of their homes is, arguably, one thing. But to shove what they are in everyone's faces ?? To do that needlessly, gratuitously, insisting that everyone shows them and their beliefs and arguments the utmost tolerance ?

I think that's my overall point: it's a matter of IMPOSING displays, that others might not want to witness. By what right does that imposition happen ?

Gunny
06-21-2015, 06:00 PM
That's a fair enough point, I suppose.

But, how about this as an example ? Someone organises a 'gay pride' march. So, it happens. Many gays / homos / assorted weirdos turn up, and 'ham up' the gay aspect of themselves for all they're worth, and you get public displays on American streets where homos are shoving gratuitous, shall we say, 'supportive' displays of what they say they stand for down (figuratively speaking) everyone's throats.

You might just as equally excuse all that using the same argument, that the Constitution's First Amendment supports their right to freedom of expression. But I'd argue that there's something called human decency, which SHOULD make a critical difference.

What they do within the privacy of their homes is, arguably, one thing. But to shove what they are in everyone's faces ?? To do that needlessly, gratuitously, insisting that everyone shows them and their beliefs and arguments the utmost tolerance ?

I think that's my overall point: it's a matter of IMPOSING displays, that others might not want to witness. By what right does that imposition happen ?

As much as I can't stand Gay Pride parades, I STILL recognize their right to be as queer as they want.

Your argument is backwards. What I take issue with is the tyranny of the minority. The abuse the law to force their crap on the rest of us, even though we vote them out. Can't win fair and square? Take it to court where justices legislate from the bench.

jimnyc
06-21-2015, 06:24 PM
Let the lights shine brightly! (that's why wrist rockets were invented, and my aim is dead on...) :)

http://i.imgur.com/PbonwLe.jpg

Voted4Reagan
06-21-2015, 06:57 PM
Let the lights shine brightly! (that's why wrist rockets were invented, and my aim is dead on...) :)

http://i.imgur.com/PbonwLe.jpg

Shoot that thing at WiccanLiberals Rainbow Lights and she'll do the worst thing you can imagine...

She'll tell your missus.....

jimnyc
06-21-2015, 07:03 PM
Shoot that thing at WiccanLiberals Rainbow Lights and she'll do the worst thing you can imagine...

She'll tell your missus.....

Don't worry, the woman has already disabled or tossed my wrist rocket, haven't seen that sucker in years. She's all for weapons, she just knows better than to let me play with toys. :laugh:

tailfins
06-21-2015, 07:15 PM
http://www.queerty.com/widow-receives-nasty-note-over-her-relentlessly-gay-rainbow-yard-lights-20150618?utm_source=bb82&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=relentlesslygay&ts_pid=2&ts_pid=2

“Your yard is becoming Relentlessly Gay!” the note read. “Myself and others in the neighborhood ask that you Tone It Down. This is a Christian (http://www.queerty.com/?s=christian) area and there are Children. Keep it up and I will be Forced to call the Police on you! Your kind need to have Respect for GOD.”

I have an easy solution for that woman: Go live in a Homeowners Association governed property. Then .... Don't complain if you get cited for not having the trash cans stowed by 6:00 PM on trash day, a faded fence, grass shoots in the cracks of your driveway, a misdirected water sprinkler, your house must be the from a list of approved colors etc., etc., etc. A fixture like that would surely get cited, right after they cited the house down the street for untrimmed bushes and oil spots in the driveway.

Voted4Reagan
06-21-2015, 07:25 PM
I have an easy solution for that woman: Go live in a Homeowners Association governed property. Then .... Don't complain if you get cited for not having the trash cans stowed by 6:00 PM on trash day, a faded fence, grass shoots in the cracks of your driveway, a misdirected water sprinkler, your house must be the from a list of approved colors etc., etc., etc. A fixture like that would surely get cited, right after they cited the house down the street for untrimmed bushes and oil spots in the driveway.

this has been another "test" of the tailfins trolling system.

If this post had any meaning or purpose you'd have been shocked.

This concludes this "test"

Max R.
06-21-2015, 07:58 PM

Posted on Facebook for her friend? A computer printed, unsigned note from an anonymous neighbor? This is a single-source complaint which has garnered the woman in question $28,000+ in donations. Scam or truth? Who knows for sure?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/local/wp/2015/06/19/an-anonymous-letter-called-her-yard-relentlessly-gay-she-raised-28000-to-be-even-more-relentless/
In just over 48 hours, the “Relentlessly Gay” page has raised more than five times Baker’s goal, with contributions pouring in from supporters all over the world.
So just how is Baker going to spend more than $28,000 on lawn decorations?

Jeff
06-22-2015, 07:53 AM
Don't worry, the woman has already disabled or tossed my wrist rocket, haven't seen that sucker in years. She's all for weapons, she just knows better than to let me play with toys. :laugh:

Dang she took away your wrist rocket, what a beotch. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

But in all fairness she probably saved you a lot of embarrassment. you know sitting in the holding cell and everyone talking about what they are in for, and you tell them shooting lights with your wrist rocket, yea might not be a good idea. :laugh:

fj1200
06-22-2015, 08:01 AM

Private property rights. What happens when someone doesn't like the IMPOSING display of say, a nativity scene, in your front yard?

Jeff
06-22-2015, 08:03 AM
Private property rights. What happens when someone doesn't like the IMPOSING display of say, a nativity scene, in your front yard?

In some towns such as in California last year they complain and then the city bans them.

fj1200
06-22-2015, 08:04 AM
If this post had any meaning or purpose you'd have been shocked.

How was the post a test? It was a helpful solution to those who might be offended that their neighbors actually have their own unique viewpoints on how to decorate a yard. If someone needs to live in an non-offensive, ersatz environment they are more than able to live under the rules of an HOA.

fj1200
06-22-2015, 08:06 AM
In some towns such as in California last year they complain and then the city bans them.

So you're saying that someone who wishes to impose their particular viewpoint on what should and should not be allowed on the private property of individual citizens is in fact a leftie? I won't disagree.

Jeff
06-22-2015, 08:07 AM
I am all for what you work for is yours and you ought to be able to decorate anyway you want, but in some neighborhoods ( in cities ) your yard is so close to your neighbors it can become a eye sore for them as well, heck my Dad back when I was a kid and living in NJ ( yes the place where the only privacy you had in your yard was a cyclone fence ) he would make us keep the yard neat, I heard him say many times the neighbors don't have to look at your trash. So although I believe whats yours is yours , there also comes morals and common sense into play as well.

fj1200
06-22-2015, 08:09 AM
So although I believe whats yours is yours , there also comes morals and common sense into play as well.

There is morality in yard art? What about this bumper sticker on your car?

https://secure3.convio.net/hrc/images/content/pagebuilder/HRC-logo-for-FB.jpg

Did you find the one I snuck on your motorcycle? BWAHAHAHAHAHA

j/k

Jeff
06-22-2015, 08:21 AM
So you're saying that someone who wishes to impose their particular viewpoint on what should and should not be allowed on the private property of individual citizens is in fact a leftie? I won't disagree.

Not saying anyting at all besides what I remember from last Christmas season. You asked what happens and I remembered this story.

There is morality in yard art? What about this bumper sticker on your car?

https://secure3.convio.net/hrc/images/content/pagebuilder/HRC-logo-for-FB.jpg

Did you find the one I snuck on your motorcycle? BWAHAHAHAHAHA

j/k

PRICK... :laugh: Better yet LIBERAL....:laugh::laugh:

fj1200
06-22-2015, 08:26 AM
Not saying anyting at all besides what I remember from last Christmas season. You asked what happens and I remembered this story.

I think we're on the same page there but I was just reading between the lines. :) There's not liking something for whatever reason and then there's using the power of an elected official to determine what someone else can have in their yard because it might get turned back on you faster than you can say "war on Christmas."

PRICK... :laugh: Better yet LIBERAL....:laugh::laugh:

:martian: