PDA

View Full Version : Rove: Only Way To Stop The Violence Is To Repeal Second Amendment

jimnyc
06-21-2015, 06:43 PM
Republican strategist Karl Rove said on “Fox News Sunday” the only way to stop gun-related violence, like the Wednesday massacre at Emmanuel African Methodist Church in Charleston S.C., was to repeal American citizens’ Second Amendment rights.

When Chris Wallace asked Rove how we can, “stop the violence,” the long-time gun-rights advocate stated that we have made great strides as a nation in empathizing with the victims of these types of shootings, but the only way to guarantee they will stop is to “remove guns from society.”

WALLACE: How do we stop the violence?

ROVE: I wish I had an easy answer for that, but I don’t think there’s an easy answer

We saw an act of evil. Racist, bigoted evil, and to me the amazing thing is that it was met with grief and love. Think about how far we’ve come since 1963. The whole weight of the government throughout the South was to impede finding and holding and bringing to justice the men who perpetrated the [Birmingham] bombing.

And here, we saw an entire state, an entire community, an entire nation come together, grieving as one and united in the belief that this was an evil act, so we’ve come a long way.

Now maybe there’s some magic law that will keep us from having more of these. I mean basically the only way to guarantee that we will dramatically reduce acts of violence involving guns is to basically remove guns from society, and until somebody gets enough “oomph” to repeal the Second Amendment, that’s not going to happen.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/06/21/karl-rove-only-way-to-stop-the-violence-is-to-repeal-2nd-amendment/

aboutime
06-21-2015, 06:48 PM
Sorry to sound like a broken record here. But, even as I find myself agreeing with Rove...as to his presenting the Only Option, in this case.

Realistically. We all know. It's never going to happen since...To do so, would most certainly INSURE, only the criminals have the guns.

We have seen how well that has worked in the U.K. Anyone remember that??

Perianne
06-21-2015, 06:55 PM
Could the Second Amendment be overturned? It would require 3/4 of the states to approve it... which is 38 states. The liberal and queer states would probably approve it, but only 13 states would have to vote against it for it to fail.

I say it would have no chance to be overturned.

tailfins
06-21-2015, 06:57 PM
Things like this don't happen in Cuba. They have "leys de peligrosidad" where one does not need to commit a crime to be imprisoned, just be "at risk" to commit a crime. These things can be completely prevented, but at what price?

Note: English subtitles available in the below video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bekCBKoDnj8

revelarts
06-21-2015, 07:33 PM
Republican strategist Karl Rove said on “Fox News Sunday” the only way to stop gun-related violence, like the Wednesday massacre at Emmanuel African Methodist Church in Charleston S.C., was to repeal American citizens’ Second Amendment rights.

When Chris Wallace asked Rove how we can, “stop the violence,” the long-time gun-rights advocate stated that we have made great strides as a nation in empathizing with the victims of these types of shootings, but the only way to guarantee they will stop is to “remove guns from society.”

WALLACE: How do we stop the violence?

ROVE: I wish I had an easy answer for that, but I don’t think there’s an easy answer

We saw an act of evil. Racist, bigoted evil, and to me the amazing thing is that it was met with grief and love. Think about how far we’ve come since 1963. The whole weight of the government throughout the South was to impede finding and holding and bringing to justice the men who perpetrated the [Birmingham] bombing.

And here, we saw an entire state, an entire community, an entire nation come together, grieving as one and united in the belief that this was an evil act, so we’ve come a long way.

Now maybe there’s some magic law that will keep us from having more of these. I mean basically the only way to guarantee that we will dramatically reduce acts of violence involving guns is to basically remove guns from society, and until somebody gets enough “oomph” to repeal the Second Amendment, that’s not going to happen.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/06/21/karl-rove-only-way-to-stop-the-violence-is-to-repeal-2nd-amendment/

Karl Rove has always been a power broker, political CROOK and neo-con. never serious about the constitution or the law in general.
he should be in jail.

aboutime
06-21-2015, 08:00 PM
Karl Rove has always been a power broker, political CROOK and neo-con. never serious about the constitution or the law in general.
he should be in jail.

Rove hasn't said anything more than you Rev. So, IMO...so should you!

Max R.
06-21-2015, 08:19 PM
Turd Blossom, once again, proves he's more of a turd than a blossom.

First, it's a stupid thing to say. One of the reasons the church was targeted is because it's a "gun free zone". If Roof had any balls, he'd have gone to a New Black Panther Party meeting instead of shooting defenseless women holding Bibles.

Second, NFW is the Second Amendment going to be repealed short of a revolution and a complete rewrite of our Constitution where we'd be losing a lot more than our Second Amendment rights.

Third, Karl Rove is trying very hard to be relevant again. He had his ass handed to him and was thoroughly disgraced in his $300 million disaster of the 2012 election. Now he's just pandering and, like President Obama, standing on the still-warm bodies of 9 murdered innocents to launch a political agenda.

http://news.yahoo.com/karl-rove-defends-300-million-disaster-174526602--politics.html
Karl Rove boasted on the eve of Tuesday's election that all signs pointed towards an electoral college landslide. He was right about the result, just wrong about the candidate. And now it's up to Rove to explain to donors why, after blowing through $300 million (http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/decision2012/spending-by-independent-groups-had-little-election-impact-analysis-finds/2012/11/07/15fd30ea-276c-11e2-b2a0-ae18d6159439_story.html) of their money, President Obama is still President Obama and Harry Reid still runs the Senate.

Judging by Rove's election night tantrum (http://core.talkingpointsmemo.com/tv/videos/fox-news-karl-rove-argue-over-outcome-in) on Fox News, this was not a situation he was well prepared for. In a surreal stretch of television, he refused to believe the network's call of Ohio, lashed out at producers for making it, then spouted a blizzard of county by county statistics to justify his increasingly untenable case.
"Is this just math that you do as a Republican to make yourself feel better?" Fox host Megyn Kelly asked at one point, "Or is this real?" Given Rove's prior history (http://www.npr.org/about/press/061024_rove.html) on election predictions, it was a logical question.
As Rove's complaints dragged on, Kelly marched over personally to Fox's election experts who told her live that they had "99.95%" confidence in their projection, no matter what the network's on-air talent thought. The segment was passed around endlessly the next day and nearly caused Jon Stewart to die of laughter (http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/11/jon-stewart-fox-news-election.php?ref=fpnewsfeed).

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-21-2015, 08:33 PM
Things like this don't happen in Cuba. They have "leys de peligrosidad" where one does not need to commit a crime to be imprisoned, just be "at risk" to commit a crime. These things can be completely prevented, but at what price?

Note: English subtitles available in the below video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bekCBKoDnj8

Cuba is a dictatorship, there they execute you for any wrong the government thinks warrants execution, so
why would anybody decide to kill other people when they are so busy trying to not be killed by a bigger bully themselves.
You advocate a government that strong and brutal as a possible solution?????
Dude thats treason and stupidity combined in my opinion.-Tyr

aboutime
06-21-2015, 09:04 PM
Cuba is a dictatorship, there they execute you for any wrong the government thinks warrants execution, so
why would anybody decide to kill other people when they are so busy trying to not be killed by a bigger bully themselves.
You advocate a government that strong and brutal as a possible solution?????
Dude thats treason and stupidity combined in my opinion.-Tyr

Tyr: If Cuba is as wonderful, nice, and pleasant as tailfins, or even rev say. They should both honor us with a DEPARTURE DATE, when we can all celebrate their new found residency in CUBA.

How bout it?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-21-2015, 09:37 PM
Tyr: If Cuba is as wonderful, nice, and pleasant as tailfins, or even rev say. They should both honor us with a DEPARTURE DATE, when we can all celebrate their new found residency in CUBA.

How bout it?
Tailfins likes money too much to go there and the REV LIKES HIS FREEDOM HERE TOO MUCH TO EVER MOVE THERE. :laugh:-TYR

gabosaurus
06-21-2015, 09:58 PM
As always, Rove is an idiot.
Repealing the Second Amendment does nothing. What is needed is regulation. There is no reason for anyone to own any firearm other than a handgun or a hunting rifle.
Sure, criminals will always have them. But at least you will know they are criminals.
If the government banned the sale of such weaponry, it would be more difficult for criminals to get them.

tailfins
06-21-2015, 10:37 PM
Tailfins likes money too much to go there and the REV LIKES HIS FREEDOM HERE TOO MUCH TO EVER MOVE THERE. :laugh:-TYR

Of course. That was a "how bad do you want it?" illustration. I don't want safety that bad. Cuba is a very sad place.

Jeff
06-22-2015, 07:45 AM
Repealing the Second Amendment does nothing. What is needed is regulation. There is no reason for anyone to own any firearm other than a handgun or a hunting rifle.
Sure, criminals will always have them. But at least you will know they are criminals.
If the government banned the sale of such weaponry, it would be more difficult for criminals to get them.

Gabs I almost agree with you here, but you do know these murders where committed with a 45 ( a handgun ) so with your suggestion of no one needs to own anything other than a handgun or a hunting rifle what is it exactly you are saying people don't need to own ???

This is really common sense, outlaw guns and then only the criminals have them, that is just a fact the left don't wish to open their eyes to. No gun has ever committed murder, people commit murder. If this guy didn't have a gun he would of used a homemade bomb, yes they have been used before in churches. The problem isn't weapons it is the fact that this kid got his hands on a gun, if he bought it himself and is awaiting trial for a felony well that should of sent red flags up, sounds as though he has been prescribed meds for his mental illness more red flags. If we use the laws we have in place now ( although not perfect ) many of the whack a dos wouldn't have weapons, but as in anything else there will be some that will slip through the cracks. Another take on this , if all those folks in the church where armed with weapons he may of gotten one or two, but he certainly wouldn't of gotten 9. No we don't want the wild west here, but as I said even with good laws there will be those that slip through the cracks, with that said I will protect my family and myself.

aboutime
06-22-2015, 07:51 AM

So, once again. Gabby will be happy that only the criminals SHE KNOWS, are able to take over her home, and take everything they want? That's just fine with gabby...knowing ONLY the criminals have the guns to GO HUNTING for Liberally Dumb Rich Democrats who want to add more regulations to the THOUSANDS OF REGULATIONS...not even Gabby's Congress member follows???
Thank you gabby.

Max R.
06-22-2015, 08:00 AM
That's what I have; just handguns and hunting rifles.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/ipuul0.jpg
http://oi59.tinypic.com/2wdzeo7.jpg

aboutime
06-22-2015, 08:03 AM

Max. THANKS! After seeing Your LEGAL weapons, presented for Gabby's inspection. I suddenly had this urge to say "LION'S, AND TIGER'S AND BEAR'S....OH MY!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Jeff
06-22-2015, 08:09 AM
Max. THANKS! After seeing Your LEGAL weapons, presented for Gabby's inspection. I suddenly had this urge to say "LION'S, AND TIGER'S AND BEAR'S....OH MY!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

And yes one is a hand gun and the other ( even though it is painted scary looking :laugh: ) people use for hunting.

Jeff
06-22-2015, 08:13 AM

You don't think maybe Gabs is saying a hand gun and a hunting rifle can't be bigger than a 22 do you, yes I have seen those comments from her where no one needs anything bigger, I would love to see that 22 take down that 12 point buck ( legally I am talking ) :laugh:

Her Statement just goes on to further justify what the NRA and all that have guns say, educate yourself on the matter, I am sure that Obama and his band of thieves are also saying other uneducated things, because they know nothing about guns other than they go bang.

aboutime
06-22-2015, 08:16 AM
I should have also added: Rove knows, like many of us out here. The SECOND AMENDMENT will never be Repealed. NEVER.

Just to see if those people are paying attention.

Anyone happen to REMEMBER....the last time an Amendment to the Constitution was Repealed???

Please let us know?

Here's some help:

.................................................. ................
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
United States of America
Great Seal of the United States
This article is part of a series on the
United States Constitution
Preamble and Articles
of the Constitution

Preamble

I II III IV V VI VII

Amendments to the Constitution

Ratified Amendments
The first ten Amendments are collectively known as the Bill of Rights

I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X XI XII XIII XIV XV XVI XVII XVIII XIX XX XXI XXII XXIII XXIV XXV XXVI XXVII

Unratified Amendments

Congressional Apportionment Titles of Nobility Corwin Child Labor Equal Rights D.C. Voting Rights

Full text of the Constitution
and Amendments

Preamble & Articles I–VII
Amendments I–X
Amendments XI–XXVII
Unratified Amendments

U.S. government portal
Law portal

v t e

The Eighteenth Amendment (Amendment XVIII) of the United States Constitution effectively established the prohibition of alcoholic beverages in the United States by declaring illegal the production, transport and sale of alcohol (though not the consumption or private possession). The separate Volstead Act set down methods of enforcing the Eighteenth Amendment, and defined which "intoxicating liquors" were prohibited, and which were excluded from prohibition (e.g., for medical and religious purposes). The Amendment was the first to set a time delay before it would take effect following ratification, and the first to set a time limit for its ratification by the states. Its ratification was certified on January 16, 1919, with the amendment taking effect on January 17, 1920.

The police, courts and prisons were overwhelmed with new cases; organized crime increased in power, and corruption extended among law enforcement officials. The amendment was repealed in 1933 by ratification of the Twenty-first Amendment, the only instance in United States history that a constitutional amendment was repealed in its entirety.

Max R.
06-23-2015, 10:05 AM
You don't think maybe Gabs is saying a hand gun and a hunting rifle can't be bigger than a 22 do you, yes I have seen those comments from her where no one needs anything bigger, I would love to see that 22 take down that 12 point buck ( legally I am talking ) :laugh:

Her Statement just goes on to further justify what the NRA and all that have guns say, educate yourself on the matter, I am sure that Obama and his band of thieves are also saying other uneducated things, because they know nothing about guns other than they go bang.
I don't know. I'd have to wait for her answer on how she defines "hunting rifle". Off hand, I'm guessing it looks something like this:

http://www.us-shooter.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/10borejaegercustomrifle.jpg

At least until someone shoots a robber with it, then the anti-gun left will want to ban that too.

FWIW, the FBI statistics on homicides by weapon type, show that less murders are committed by rifles than either knives, blunt objects or even fists/feet: https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-8
From 2011:
Handguns 6,220
Rifles 323
Shotguns 356
Other guns 97
Firearms, type not stated 1,587
Knives or cutting instruments 1,694
Blunt objects (clubs, hammers, etc.) 496
Personal weapons (hands, fists, feet, etc.) 728

CSM
06-23-2015, 11:07 AM
I don't know. I'd have to wait for her answer on how she defines "hunting rifle". Off hand, I'm guessing it looks something like this:

http://www.us-shooter.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/10borejaegercustomrifle.jpg

At least until someone shoots a robber with it, then the anti-gun left will want to ban that too.

FWIW, the FBI statistics on homicides by weapon type, show that less murders are committed by rifles than either knives, blunt objects or even fists/feet: https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-8
From 2011:
Handguns 6,220
Rifles 323
Shotguns 356
Other guns 97
Firearms, type not stated 1,587
Knives or cutting instruments 1,694
Blunt objects (clubs, hammers, etc.) 496
Personal weapons (hands, fists, feet, etc.) 728

There you go presenting facts! How the heck can we ever solve ANYTHING when folks start basing decisions on FACTS! *sheesh*

jimnyc
06-23-2015, 11:12 AM
Back with the massacre in Newtown, I had also posted the stats about such rifles, because people were demanding AR15's and similar get immediately banned. I posted here and tons of other places about how so many other things killed more folks each year, over time, but some literally don't care about facts.

Max R.
06-23-2015, 12:54 PM
Back with the massacre in Newtown, I had also posted the stats about such rifles, because people were demanding AR15's and similar get immediately banned. I posted here and tons of other places about how so many other things killed more folks each year, over time, but some literally don't care about facts.
Facts are soooo 20th century. The 21st Century is fueled by hyperbole.

Perianne
06-23-2015, 01:20 PM
Facts are soooo 20th century. The 21st Century is fueled by hyperbole.

How so very true!