PDA

View Full Version : Statement from Sons of Confederate Veterans

jimnyc
06-23-2015, 03:24 PM
Official statement from SC Division Commander

June 19, 2015

On the night of June 17, 2015, an attempt was made to break the spirit of all South Carolinians.
The deranged mind of a horrendous individual, entered Emanuel AME Church in Charleston, and took the lives of nine admirable individuals. This historic House of God became the scene of a brutal massacre beyond understanding. We all contemplate, why did this happen?

Perhaps this is a question that cannot be answered. What kind of a world are we leaving behind for our children, when you can’t go into God’s House without the threat of being gunned down? This is, in fact a crime of hate and an act of terrorism. It is reported that the culprit’s craving was to bring about “civil” war and division between Black and White citizens of the Palmetto State. This did not happen. We will not allow it to happen. South Carolinians will stand together hand in hand regardless of race, creed, or skin color to prevent it from happening. South Carolina will not cower to the evil deeds of one hateful being.

The Sons of Confederate Veterans extends our heartfelt sympathy to the families who have lost loved ones in this tragedy. We stand with the citizens of Charleston as they come together to mourn the loss of these beloved individuals. We pray that God will grant them comfort and peace during this time of despair. Emanuel Church proclaims compassion, peace, and justice throughout the historic Grand City of the South. This congregation stands for what is right and is a force against evil. Hatred has reared its ugly face in our country masquerading as political correctness. What God has ordained as righteous and just will always be righteous and just. What God has ordained as evil will always be evil. No man, government, or principality has authority to change the will of God.
Hatred is evil. Recent acts in Charleston are just plain evil. South Carolinians have chosen to defeat evil by offering love and support of each other, rather than disobedience, distrust and destruction. Disobedience and destruction only breeds yet more hatred and evil.

Historical fact shows there were Black Confederate soldiers. These brave men fought in the trenches beside their White brothers, all under the Confederate Battle Flag. This same Flag stands as a memorial to these soldiers on the grounds of the SC Statehouse today. The Sons of Confederate Veterans, a historical honor society, does not delineate which Confederate soldier we will remember or honor. We cherish and revere the memory of all Confederate veterans. None of them, Black or White, shall be forgotten.

The SC Division, Sons of Confederate Veterans has a stringently enforced Hate Policy. We will remove any member who expresses racist hatred sentiments. Anyone with ties to racist organizations will not be granted membership. The perpetrator of the vile act in Charleston has never been a member or associated with the Sons of Confederate Veterans. Unfortunately some other subversive organizations distort Confederate symbols in an attempt to make them stand for hatred and disillusion. The SCV vehemently opposes the ideals and actions of such organizations.
The Sons of Confederate Veterans has both Black and White members. In our eyes there is no difference. Our membership is made up of descendants of Native-Americans, African-Americans, Asian-Americans, Hispanics, Christians and Jewish who took a stand for the Cause they believed was right. The love and defense of the South’s symbols, culture, and heritage is not hate. It is knowing and understanding of the truth.

Not knowing your heritage is ignorance.

Our organization offers to everyone the opportunity to learn the true facts of the war fought on American soil between 1861-1865 and the heritage we value. That is why we exist. Our camps are listed on our website, www.scscv.com on our About Us Page. This is your invitation to attend any of our meetings.
It is shameful and disgraceful that other organizations chose to use this heinous act to promote their political agenda. Do not associate the cowardly actions of a racist to our Confederate Banner; for it is a Banner of honorable men, both Black and White.

There is absolutely no link between The Charleston Massacre and The Confederate Memorial Banner. Don’t try to create one.

S/T. Leland Summers
SC Division Commander
Sons of Confederate Veterans

http://scscv.com/statement-from-sc-division-commander/

Gunny
06-23-2015, 03:35 PM
Dang, he said that better than I did.

gabosaurus
06-23-2015, 03:36 PM
Will a statement from the Sons of Confederate Slave Owners be next?
I am sure the Klan leadership has already spoken on Stormfront. Perhaps one of you can pass along the message.

jimnyc
06-23-2015, 03:39 PM
I am sure the Klan leadership has already spoken on Stormfront. Perhaps one of you can pass along the message.

YOU are the only bigot here, looking to start trouble with the folks from the South. This was simply a message from a group that memorializes these veterans and can speak about who was in the war that carried the flag, more than your average person. But you just want to sit back and call anyone a racist that dares discuss the flag or anyone who may support it, or the veterans. Trolling with a facade is all it is.

Gunny
06-23-2015, 03:42 PM

Find one. The son of a slave owner. The fact is the war was fought over the 10th Amendment, not slavery as you brainwashed chuckleheads would continuing brainwashing others to believe.

The war was about States' Rights, power in Congress and money. Nobody, North or South but the few mutton-headed morons like Lincoln was going to fight a war over slavery. It was a symptom the US has jumped on and proclaimed the disease and it's a bullshit lie.

NightTrain
06-23-2015, 03:47 PM

Awfully Judgey of you, for such an enlightened and amazingly educated individual.

Ironic that anyone who doesn't share your narrow POV is automatically labeled intolerant or a bigot.

gabosaurus
06-23-2015, 05:31 PM
Find one. The son of a slave owner. The fact is the war was fought over the 10th Amendment, not slavery as you brainwashed chuckleheads would continuing brainwashing others to believe.

The war was about States' Rights, power in Congress and money. Nobody, North or South but the few mutton-headed morons like Lincoln was going to fight a war over slavery. It was a symptom the US has jumped on and proclaimed the disease and it's a bullshit lie.

Incorrect.

While many still debate the ultimate causes of the Civil War, Pulitzer Prize-winning author James McPherson writes that, "The Civil War started because of uncompromising differences between the free and slave states over the power of the national government to prohibit slavery in the territories that had not yet become states.
When Abraham Lincoln won election in 1860 as the first Republican president on a platform pledging to keep slavery out of the territories, seven slave states in the deep South seceded and formed a new nation, the Confederate States of America.
The incoming Lincoln administration and most of the Northern people refused to recognize the legitimacy of secession. They feared that it would discredit democracy and create a fatal precedent that would eventually fragment the no-longer United States into several small, squabbling countries."

http://www.civilwar.org/education/history/faq/

If you look at trigger events that led up to the Civil War, they invariably involved issues with slavery.

http://www.civilwar.org/education/history/civil-war-overview/triggerevents.html

Gunny
06-23-2015, 05:37 PM
Incorrect.

If you look at trigger events that led up to the Civil War, they invariably involved issues with slavery.

Want to bet? I'm more than willing to take your money.

The largest chapter of the Klan was in Indianapolis. The most racist people I've ever met in my life are from Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Kansas and Nebraska.

So tuck you mouth back into your ass and lie to someone who will believe it.

You know what's wrong with Southern blacks? They're still waiting on all those promises you leftwingers have made them. It ain't because WE give a damn about who they are. It's all about you promising them shit for votes you have yet to ante up on. They're dumb for believing you, since no one else does, and you're dumb for continuing the charade.

Perianne
06-23-2015, 05:38 PM
Incorrect.

Regardless of the cause, was it right for Lincoln to kill about 250,000+ Southerners?

Gunny
06-23-2015, 05:40 PM
Regardless of the cause, was it right for Lincoln to kill about 250,000+ Southerners?

It was unconstitutional.

Perianne
06-23-2015, 05:42 PM
It was unconstitutional.

He didn't care. He is just like today's liberals. They do what they want.

Can someone tell me how reasonable people can consider Lincoln a great president?

gabosaurus
06-23-2015, 05:44 PM

You reap what you sow.

You cannot qualify war in harsher terms than I will. War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; and those who brought war into our country deserve all the curses and maledictions a people can pour out. I know I had no hand in making this war, and I know I will make more sacrifices to-day than any of you to secure peace. But you cannot have peace and a division of our country. If the United States submits to a division now, it will not stop, but will go on until we reap the fate of Mexico, which is eternal war.

--William Sherman

Perianne
06-23-2015, 05:48 PM
You cannot qualify war in harsher terms than I will. War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; and those who brought war into our country deserve all the curses and maledictions a people can pour out. I know I had no hand in making this war, and I know I will make more sacrifices to-day than any of you to secure peace. But you cannot have peace and a division of our country. If the United States submits to a division now, it will not stop, but will go on until we reap the fate of Mexico, which is eternal war.

--William Sherman

Meh.

Gunny
06-23-2015, 06:11 PM
He didn't care. He is just like today's liberals. They do what they want.

Can someone tell me how reasonable people can consider Lincoln a great president?

You didn't just as ME that? Lincoln, Carter and O=blah-blah are front runners in violating the Constitution.

Gunny
06-23-2015, 06:26 PM
You reap what you sow.

--William Sherman

You mean like the US using military might to subjugate a segment of society? That kind of "reap what you sow"?

How about YOU have reaped what you've sown and just take a good look at what YOU have done to this Nation. You've turned into a bunch of loser faggots.

tailfins
06-23-2015, 07:51 PM

If you bothered studying, you would know that most Southerners couldn't afford slaves. You would further know that very few Confederate Soldiers families could afford slaves. I thought it was against your ideology to disparage the poor.

Perianne
06-23-2015, 08:18 PM

Slavery was a big deal in the South. They even had slave manuals.

Caution!!!! Link is funny but very racist!

http://tonyape.blogspot.com/2010/06/slave-owners-manual.html

red state
06-23-2015, 09:13 PM
Facts:

1. Lincoln never started warmongering due to slavery but the slave issue was a good ploy.

2. On a significant scale, Jackson proved how tyrannical the "Union" could be and how money talks and $#!T walks.

3. The "UNION" considered the UNION States to the NE as superior to the Southern States (much like King George).

4. Unfair taxation and a good portion of what we see today was the root cause for declarations made to withdraw from the Union.

5. And this is to Gabs too much.....most of those fighting on both sides cared little to nothing about slavery. Only sad truth and difference was that those fighting for the South were fighting tyranny and those fighting for the North were Irish SLAVES who were forced to fight while the wealthy never had to leave NY, Boston or other present day cesspools.

Heck, even other blacks dreamed of the day that they could buy their own freedom and own slaves. Slavery would have ended as technology improved.....just as slavery ended in the North once they phased out of their need or want for slaves. Many slaves actually had it much worse after they were freed to starve and work under God-awful conditions. I believe GUNNY has touched on this numerous times and although I'm not sure if we are exactly on the same page, I believe some of his argument is that slaves had a much better family unit, moral compass and security while under the rule of their master.....and make no bones about it Yanks & libs watch WAY too much TV!!! If you bought an expensive horse...you take REAL GOOD CARE of that horse.....unlike what TV shows or what libs would have everyone believe about the South being more racist. It aint true!!! I've found yanks to be more racist and libs would never see this or own up to it but THEY are the most racist bunch in our society with one goal in mind......ENSLAVE US ALL TO THEIR WILL AND THEIR PERVERSIONS. History may actually be repeating itself!!!!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-23-2015, 10:40 PM
Exactly who do you think is a member here that also reads Stormfront or is a member of the KKK?--Tyr

gabosaurus
06-23-2015, 11:08 PM
If I hear anything from the Sons Of Wehrmacht Veterans, I will let you know.

red state
06-23-2015, 11:52 PM
Want to bet? I'm more than willing to take your money.

The largest chapter of the Klan was in Indianapolis. The most racist people I've ever met in my life are from Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Kansas and Nebraska.

So tuck you mouth back into your ass and lie to someone who will believe it.

You know what's wrong with Southern blacks? They're still waiting on all those promises you leftwingers have made them. It ain't because WE give a damn about who they are. It's all about you promising them shit for votes you have yet to ante up on. They're dumb for believing you, since no one else does, and you're dumb for continuing the charade.

Gunny, THEY make up crap all the time out of ignorance and/or hatred. Look at this map:
https://img.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https%3A%2F%2Fimg.washingtonpost.com% 2Fblogs%2Fwonkblog%2Ffiles%2F2015%2F04%2Fracism.pn g&w=300&h=200
It tries to suggest that CHICAGO is less than average but I'd like to suggest that the survey "technician" jog some particular streets in Chicago at night to get a true reading. And pay especially close attention to how they marked Indiana (which is opposite to what you claim). I'll say you are spot on about that one just by referencing the map alone. Heck, they have my area as a hot bed for racism.....and nothing could be further from the truth. For pete's sake; my dad rents to a nice lady that is not of our "race" and we are as Conservative as it gets (and we all know how racist Conservatives are).

red state
06-24-2015, 12:07 AM
Again, this flag is a symbol that many BRAVE men carried on the battle field & we reverence it for that reason with no 'racism' or ill will to the USA.

https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=JN.zlNR1ul%2fZyh0bniUqHMf9w&pid=15.1&P=0

The flag below is the flag that may deserve some bashing by those who are too ignorant to know the difference.
https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=JN.bzPwhA0b%2fxTbMfj3ltOg0Q&pid=15.1&P=0
People are so STUPID and if I'm wrong, please show me my mistake. :salute:

Gunny
06-24-2015, 03:12 AM
Slavery was a big deal in the South. They even had slave manuals.

Caution!!!! Link is funny but very racist!

http://tonyape.blogspot.com/2010/06/slave-owners-manual.html

And yankees just called it something else but their sweatshops and mines were more brutal than any Southern slave had it into the 1900s. Three families per one room tenement and 16 hour days for anyone over the age of 8. "Slavery" was a word. It was a means of breaking Southern power. Yankees wanted what we have but not us and they used the military to dispossess us from it.

indago
06-24-2015, 04:47 AM
And from the War of Northern Oppression came the Fourteenth Amendment, upon which the faggots rely for their right to perversity...

jimnyc
06-24-2015, 07:41 AM
If I hear anything from the Sons Of Wehrmacht Veterans, I will let you know.

So now even the veterans are being compared to nazis? Are you saying this about the black veterans as well.

You're a hateful scumbag anymore.

red state
06-24-2015, 09:15 AM
And yankees just called it something else but their sweatshops and mines were more brutal than any Southern slave had it into the 1900s. Three families per one room tenement and 16 hour days for anyone over the age of 8. "Slavery" was a word. It was a means of breaking Southern power. Yankees wanted what we have but not us and they used the military to dispossess us from it.

THEY still want what we have and they still go about it through less than honorable ways....instead of making the changes they need; like illegals and muSLUMS....come over here cuz of what the USA has YET try to reduce us to THEIR pathetic level.

Jeff
06-24-2015, 09:42 AM
So now even the veterans are being compared to nazis? Are you saying this about the black veterans as well.

You're a hateful scumbag anymore.

Gabs must be going through Menopause or something, she does seem especially angry lately... Hot flashes Gabs ??? Mood swings... Try Midol ( have no idea if it will work but I think it is a female thing ) :laugh:

Gunny
06-24-2015, 10:55 AM
Gabs must be going through Menopause or something, she does seem especially angry lately... Hot flashes Gabs ??? Mood swings... Try Midol ( have no idea if it will work but I think it is a female thing ) :laugh:

Nah. She's too young. I think she's just bored.

In the meantime, I hope she loses her voter's registration card in the next year. I would hate to think less of her for being just stupid and brainless enough to vote for a Dem. ;)

NightTrain
06-24-2015, 11:04 AM

In the meantime, I hope she loses her voter's registration card in the next year. I would hate to think less of her for being just stupid and brainless enough to vote for a Dem. ;)

Brace yourself...

gabosaurus
06-24-2015, 11:05 AM
The South and Germany share the distinction of starting wars and suffering the consequences of defeat.

I am surprised to see veterans of the U.S. military speak out so harshly against the country that they took a vow to defend.

jimnyc
06-24-2015, 11:32 AM

Yes, bored, and then she comes here. Her trolling ways are pointed out and she'll make a post or 2 that look like they came from someone actually wishing to converse. But it never fails, within an hour, or upon her next visit here...

http://i.imgur.com/GoqrxW8.gif

Gunny
06-24-2015, 11:42 AM
The South and Germany share the distinction of starting wars and suffering the consequences of defeat.

I am surprised to see veterans of the U.S. military speak out so harshly against the country that they took a vow to defend.

Wrong. No comparison between the South and Germany. Want to play?

The South fought nothing but a defensive war until Antietem. US aggression dictated the first 3 years of the war. Germany, on the other hand, was completely aggressive, invading country after country.

Don't try to play history with ME. I'll wipe your ass out.

Gunny
06-24-2015, 12:18 PM
And from the War of Northern Oppression came the Fourteenth Amendment, upon which the faggots rely for their right to perversity...

Wow. You actually posted something that makes sense.

fj1200
06-24-2015, 12:52 PM

Actually the Constitution itself grants them their "perversity," as in life, liberty, property/pursuit of happiness. The 14th just reminds us of the unconstitutional nature of marriage in the first place.

Gunny
06-24-2015, 12:58 PM
Actually the Constitution itself grants them their "perversity," as in life, liberty, property/pursuit of happiness. The 14th just reminds us of the unconstitutional nature of marriage in the first place.

Marriage was never meant to be Constitutional. The state controls it for the purpose of taxation. But it's okay if the state intrudes on the church. Just not the other way around.

fj1200
06-24-2015, 01:14 PM
Marriage was never meant to be Constitutional. The state controls it for the purpose of taxation. But it's okay if the state intrudes on the church. Just not the other way around.

I completely agree.

indago
06-24-2015, 02:59 PM
Wow. You actually posted something that makes sense.

You mean, you just now learned to read?

Jeff
06-24-2015, 03:19 PM

Send him to the snivel thread. :laugh::laugh:

LongTermGuy
06-24-2015, 03:20 PM

Leave Gunny Alone!:laugh:
*Easy now....you gonna piss gunny off again....and we will have another thread on it :laugh2:

Jeff
06-24-2015, 03:29 PM
Leave Gunny Alone!:laugh:
*Easy now....you gonna piss gunny off again....and we will have another thread on it :laugh2:

I think it is just a permanent fact that Gunny want's to cut this guys head the F off, no need for a thread, Gunny has made it quite clear. :laugh: