PDA

View Full Version : Freddie Gray's Death Ruled An Accident

Kathianne
06-24-2015, 07:27 AM
The prosecutor though will proceed as murder, by probability of acts of omission by officers:

BREAKING: Freddie Gray Autopsy Released = Not Murder - The Gateway Pundit (http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/06/breaking-freddie-gray-autopsy-released-death-was-accident-not-murder/)

...Now this…

The Freddie Gray autopsy was leaked today to the media and shows the young Baltimore man’s death was an accident – not murder.
The Baltimore Sun reported:

Freddie Gray suffered a single “high-energy injury” — like those seen in shallow-water diving incidents — most likely caused when the police van in which he was riding suddenly decelerated, according to a copy of the autopsy report obtained by The Baltimore Sun.

The state medical examiner’s office concluded that Gray’s death fit the medical and legal definition of an accident, but ruled it to be a homicide because officers failed to follow safety procedures “through acts of omission.”

Though Gray was loaded into the van on his belly, the medical examiner surmised that he may have gotten to his feet and was thrown into the wall during an abrupt change in direction. He was not belted in, but his wrists and ankles were shackled, making him “at risk for an unsupported fall during acceleration or deceleration of the van.”

Baltimore Democrats torched 61 buildings, damaged 350 businesses and injured 113 police officers during rioting after Freddie Gray’s death.

jimnyc
06-24-2015, 07:29 AM
Perhaps the driver was negligent, and whoever was supposed to seatbelt him... but murder? Not even close if this is true.

This is why folks need to wait for facts. I'm not saying he deserved this in any way - but it was NOT worth rioting, assaults, arson and all the other crap.

fj1200
06-24-2015, 09:22 AM
Perhaps the driver was negligent, and whoever was supposed to seatbelt him... but murder? Not even close if this is true.

This is why folks need to wait for facts. I'm not saying he deserved this in any way - but it was NOT worth rioting, assaults, arson and all the other crap.

I suppose it will depend on the definition in Maryland.

Baltimore Democrats torched

:laugh:

Kathianne
06-24-2015, 09:25 AM
I suppose it will depend on the definition in Maryland.

:laugh:Never claimed Hoft was unbiased. ;)

Olivia
06-24-2015, 09:32 AM
Freddie Gray suffered a single “high-energy injury” — like those seen in shallow-water diving incidents — most likely caused when the police van in which he was riding suddenly decelerated, according to a copy of the autopsy report obtained by The Baltimore Sun.

The state medical examiner’s office concluded that Gray’s death fit the medical and legal definition of an accident, but ruled it to be a homicide because officers failed to follow safety procedures “through acts of omission.”

At the the most I think the charge should be negligence or manslaughter. Charging anyone with murder is unjustifiable and a miscarriage of justice. Maybe even revenge.

Jeff
06-24-2015, 09:33 AM

The police don't have to seat belt you in, get this, Laura got a seat belt ticket and forgot to pay it ( just a couple of years ago ) well after Sunday night church service she was running down to Wendy's to get a couple of burgers ( the church family would all eat together on Sunday night ) and she rolled through a stop sign, she was pulled over and arrested for not paying a seat belt ticket, the cop put her in the back of the car , never read her her rights nor did he seat belt her in, he was running 60 in a 35 and just about broke every other moving violation on the way to the cop shop, well what he didn't know is we are good friends with the Sheriff , so we paid the 25 bucks and it was dropped, but we told the Sheriff and a attorney about the cops behavior and we where told 1 he doesn't have to read you your rights, and 2 he doesn't have to secure you in the back of the car, to me this is complete idiocy but that is what we where told by the Sheriff and her attorney.

Now they need to let Baltimore rott, and as far as that DA, she should be up on charges, it is easy to see why she didn't want the report to come out, and there was a question this morning about people fanning the fire. :rolleyes:

darin
06-24-2015, 09:41 AM
Homicide is ruled in every case where humans cause or lead to death of other. Suicides? They're homicides. Killing a would-be-rapist? Homicide, too.

fj1200
06-24-2015, 09:46 AM
Homicide is ruled in every case where humans cause or lead to death of other. Suicides? They're homicides. Killing a would-be-rapist? Homicide, too.

I'm not so sure about that.

the deliberate and unlawful killing of one person by another; murder.

Your definition seems to vary.

Jeff
06-24-2015, 09:47 AM
That prosecutor came out like she had them red handed, stirred the thugs up down there until they did burn the bitch down, now she needs to pay the fiddler.I knew her wanting to keep those records sealed where for a reason.

Gunny
06-24-2015, 09:52 AM
The police don't have to seat belt you in, get this, Laura got a seat belt ticket and forgot to pay it ( just a couple of years ago ) well after Sunday night church service she was running down to Wendy's to get a couple of burgers ( the church family would all eat together on Sunday night ) and she rolled through a stop sign, she was pulled over and arrested for not paying a seat belt ticket, the cop put her in the back of the car , never read her her rights nor did he seat belt her in, he was running 60 in a 35 and just about broke every other moving violation on the way to the cop shop, well what he didn't know is we are good friends with the Sheriff , so we paid the 25 bucks and it was dropped, but we told the Sheriff and a attorney about the cops behavior and we where told 1 he doesn't have to read you your rights, and 2 he doesn't have to secure you in the back of the car, to me this is complete idiocy but that is what we where told by the Sheriff and her attorney.

Now they need to let Baltimore rott, and as far as that DA, she should be up on charges, it is easy to see why she didn't want the report to come out, and there was a question this morning about people fanning the fire. :rolleyes:

I think the voters in Maryland need to put up a referendum vote and recall her sorry ass. She is the most unprofessional piece of crap I've seen in a LONG, long time.

Gunny
06-24-2015, 09:54 AM
That prosecutor came out like she had them red handed, stirred the thugs up down there until they did burn the bitch down, now she needs to pay the fiddler.I knew her wanting to keep those records sealed where for a reason.

She's black so she won't be held accountable. Not like roof is getting nailed to the wall for HIS white crime. The hypocrisy is as obvious as daylight. But us white folk are the racists .....

Jeff
06-24-2015, 10:00 AM
She's black so she won't be held accountable. Not like roof is getting nailed to the wall for HIS white crime. The hypocrisy is as obvious as daylight. But us white folk are the racists .....

She should be in the same boat as Roof, no she didn't pull the trigger, but she handed out all the weapons.

Gunny
06-24-2015, 10:14 AM
She should be in the same boat as Roof, no she didn't pull the trigger, but she handed out all the weapons.

She destroyed the lives of 6 people doing their jobs. Just like that cop in Ferguson, these people are out of a job no matter what. She needs to be held accountable for her rush to judgement. If she's too busy being black to represent her position in office, then she needs to go.

The fact is, Gray was a known druggie who ran from the cops and was carrying a blade. Newsflash: You resist arrest and you get your ass beat. Am I the only one that has Spike TV where COPS is glorified for their gang tactics? Or does it only not matter if your a three-toothed white drunk redneck when 6 cops gang tackle one person, slam their face in the dirt and twist their limbs all out of proportion?

darin
06-24-2015, 11:31 AM
I'm not so sure about that.

Your definition seems to vary.

you should be sure about it. Homicide - is man-caused death. Justified or not is another determination after the fact. Google it, smarty pants. I'm almost always right.

:)

Gunny
06-24-2015, 11:49 AM
you should be sure about it. Homicide - is man-caused death. Justified or not is another determination after the fact. Google it, smarty pants. I'm almost always right.

I have to disagree. Homicide is defined by law as a willful intent to kill. Accidents happen. The prosecution is going to have to prove the willful intent, and if Ms Dumbass Mosby whose alligator mouth got the best of her bumblebee ass can't prove it, she loses.

If this moron died because of an unintentional accident, the best she can hope for is Man 3. Negligent homicide.

And she'll go for it. That's just how big of a loser she is. A person with some balls wouldn't have opened their mouth before the fact, and after the fact would drop all charges.

fj1200
06-24-2015, 12:36 PM

The key word when I googled it ;) was "unlawful." The question is legal definitions of being the cause of someone's death and the seemingly bazillion different terms; homicide, murder, negligence, manslaughter, etc.

NightTrain
06-24-2015, 12:48 PM
Baltimore Democrats torched 61 buildings, damaged 350 businesses and injured 113 police officers during rioting after Freddie Gray’s death.

Hahahaha!

That's just plain awesomeness there. Going to have to steal that bit.

Gunny
06-24-2015, 12:52 PM
Hahahaha!

That's just plain awesomeness there. Going to have to steal that bit.

I'm trying to find it so I can rep it. :laugh:

Gunny
06-24-2015, 12:55 PM
I got news for you people who are fans of the police like I am .... they don't belt you in. I guess they figure the 'cuffs are enough. And if you can move in the back of a police car, you're smaller than I am.

Which begs the question .... if you can be arrested for not wearing a seatbelt, can a cop be arrested for not seatbelting an arrestee?

darin
06-24-2015, 01:27 PM
The key word when I googled it ;) was "unlawful." The question is legal definitions of being the cause of someone's death and the seemingly bazillion different terms; homicide, murder, negligence, manslaughter, etc.

Naw - don't focus on the lawfulness - "justifyable homicide". Etc, etc. The terms you use after homicide are adjectives to homicide. They tell 'how' the homicide happened. They're qualifiers.

Just trust me. :)

Gunny
06-24-2015, 01:35 PM
Naw - don't focus on the lawfulness - "justifyable homicide". Etc, etc. The terms you use after homicide are adjectives to homicide. They tell 'how' the homicide happened. They're qualifiers.

Depends on what state you are in. You are correct about the adjectives as used by our laws. Homicide however is intentional. That rules out the adjectives. I've always found it quite curious that there is 2nd degree murder. You either murder someone or you don't.

In this case, Roof admitted he had second thoughts and did it anyway. That's capital murder where I'm from, and you got a date with a needle.

fj1200
06-24-2015, 02:39 PM

The question is a legal definition. Besides, you included suicide which is by definition not homicide.

fj1200
06-24-2015, 02:41 PM
In this case, Roof admitted he had second thoughts and did it anyway. That's capital murder where I'm from, and you got a date with a needle.

I think that also rules out an insanity defense. Knowing it was wrong when he did it.

aboutime
06-24-2015, 02:47 PM
Doesn't really matter what the Medical Examiner report says. The Prosecutor in Baltimore made up her mind, and depended on her Sheeple to riot, burn, steal, kill...so she could further her own Political career. Who knows. She may soon get her own REALITY SHOW on the "BET" channel, where she, and Obama can continue to convince the easily-led, uneducated, Obama voters to destroy America by yelling RACIST threats, and taking over Black, as well as White homes with the Government authorization to render REPARATIONS...promised by LBJ so many years ago.

Nothing reported about Gray's death will be accepted by the DUMB, and DUMBER who follow Obama.

Gunny
06-24-2015, 02:48 PM
I think that also rules out an insanity defense. Knowing it was wrong when he did it.

Nope. He screwed himself on that one and since he can't shut up, his life story is in the media.

I'm just curious as to whether or not he gets life, or the death penalty. I'm not sure which is worse. Think I'd rather die than spend my life in a SC prison. That state has more bugs than Florida.:laugh:

Gunny
06-24-2015, 02:50 PM
Doesn't really matter what the Medical Examiner report says. The Prosecutor in Baltimore made up her mind, and depended on her Sheeple to riot, burn, steal, kill...so she could further her own Political career. Who knows. She may soon get her own REALITY SHOW on the "BET" channel, where she, and Obama can continue to convince the easily-led, uneducated, Obama voters to destroy America by yelling RACIST threats, and taking over Black, as well as White homes with the Government authorization to render REPARATIONS...promised by LBJ so many years ago.

Nothing reported about Gray's death will be accepted by the DUMB, and DUMBER who follow Obama.

What I like the most is she's just been outed as a racist moron. There are those of us that can see the obvious truth, and those that just line up and vote "D".

aboutime
06-24-2015, 02:53 PM
What I like the most is she's just been outed as a racist moron. There are those of us that can see the obvious truth, and those that just line up and vote "D".

Agreed Gunny. By the way. There's a reason they line up and always vote "D".

"D" is the first part of the expression...."D free stuff!"

Jeff
06-24-2015, 03:14 PM
I got news for you people who are fans of the police like I am .... they don't belt you in. I guess they figure the 'cuffs are enough. And if you can move in the back of a police car, you're smaller than I am.

Which begs the question .... if you can be arrested for not wearing a seatbelt, can a cop be arrested for not seatbelting an arrestee?

I can tell you here in GA they don't have to put you in a seat belt, nor do they have to read you your rights, unless it is a crime of a certain caliber, and no I don't remember exactly how it works, but I thought how crazy, the ol lady ( who has never been in trouble in her life, never been drunk and has never even seen pot ) gets arrested for not paying a seat belt ticket and then the cop doesn't even put the seat belt on her, talk about luck.

Jeff
06-24-2015, 03:15 PM
Hey, I noticed Rev is absent in this thread, man he must be steaming. He will of figured out how whitey has changed the report by Morning. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

aboutime
06-24-2015, 03:19 PM
I can tell you here in GA they don't have to put you in a seat belt, nor do they have to read you your rights, unless it is a crime of a certain caliber, and no I don't remember exactly how it works, but I thought how crazy, the ol lady ( who has never been in trouble in her life, never been drunk and has never even seen pot ) gets arrested for not paying a seat belt ticket and then the cop doesn't even put the seat belt on her, talk about luck.

Jeff. Obviously. If you are the Prosecutor in Baltimore....YOU CAN!

Gunny
06-24-2015, 03:24 PM

Not that I know anything ... but .... they don't seatbelt you in Texas or Florida either. :laugh:

Jeff
06-24-2015, 03:26 PM
Not that I know anything ... but .... they don't seatbelt you in Texas or Florida either. :laugh:

NJ or SC , ooo yea PA either. :laugh:

NightTrain
06-24-2015, 03:46 PM
I can report that they don't seatbelt you in here in Alaska, either.

jimnyc
06-24-2015, 03:49 PM
I can report that they don't seatbelt you in here in Alaska, either.

Heathen!!

aboutime
06-24-2015, 03:52 PM
Would someone care to inform us...."When, and Where do they put seatbelts in Trashcans?":lol:

revelarts
06-24-2015, 03:56 PM
so,
the LEOs shackled hands and feet. But they don't seat belt him.

At the least that's negligence. criminal-negligence manslaughter, involuntary manslaughter.
If you're on a job and drive a fork lift around a blind corner in a warehouse at 12mph without warning killing someone.
or any number of OJT negligent acts that results in death. your getting serious criminal charges.

But whether or not that's all that happened is only known by the LEOs inside the vehicle.
and we all know LEOs never lie to cover each others butts.
They are only ever honest and true.
Cameras in those vehicles is a good idea.

Gunny
06-24-2015, 04:56 PM
so,

At the least that's negligence. criminal-negligence manslaughter, involuntary manslaughter.
If you're on a job and drive a fork lift around a blind corner in a warehouse at 12mph without warning killing someone.
or any number of OJT negligent acts that results in death. your getting serious criminal charges.

But whether or not that's all that happened is only known by the LEOs inside the vehicle.

So they're guilty of carrying out procedure?

Always got to have an excuse and someone to blame, don't you? Guess what ... accidents happen. That's why they're called accidents. There's a clue in that statement. Like the word "accident"?

aboutime
06-24-2015, 05:26 PM
so,

rev. As predicted. You aren't one who is willing to accept anything some DUMB Medical Examiner might have said...YOU DON'T AGREE WITH.
I'm still waiting for you to take your first HONEST step here, and finally admit YOU JUST HATE COPS.

Kathianne
06-24-2015, 08:00 PM
so,

The facts will come out. It would have been better is the prosecutor had been a bit more circumspect regarding what would happen down the road.

This whole thing is a mess from start to finish. From the lack of following procedures, to the flash mob at the mall, to the violence in the streets, to the stand down order to police. Just a f upped situation all around.

I agree with you regarding the cameras on the vehicles.

Kathianne
06-24-2015, 08:03 PM
Until the police are taking you into custody for arrest, they do not have to mirandize. As long as you're 'free to go,' no miranda. They can also intimate that if you leave, it will look like you're not cooperating. Indeed the police may mislead and even lie without mirandizing, as long as you're not in custody.

Jeff
06-25-2015, 01:50 AM
Until the police are taking you into custody for arrest, they do not have to mirandize. As long as you're 'free to go,' no miranda. They can also intimate that if you leave, it will look like you're not cooperating. Indeed the police may mislead and even lie without mirandizing, as long as you're not in custody.

Not true Kat, As long as you aren't being charged with such and such a charge ( the attorney explained to us you must be charged with such a charge or better before they must read the miranda rights to you, I honestly don't remember exactly ) Laura was arrested, finger printed, mug shot the whole 9 but never had her rights read to her, as I said the Sheriff is a friend so she paid the 25 bucks and it was all dismissed, but I was POed at the deputy so I took it to a attorney, and he told us he didn't have to read them, nor did he have to secure her ( seat belt ) even though basically she was being arrested for not wearing a seat belt. :rolleyes:

Kathianne
06-25-2015, 05:04 AM
Not true Kat, As long as you aren't being charged with such and such a charge ( the attorney explained to us you must be charged with such a charge or better before they must read the miranda rights to you, I honestly don't remember exactly ) Laura was arrested, finger printed, mug shot the whole 9 but never had her rights read to her, as I said the Sheriff is a friend so she paid the 25 bucks and it was all dismissed, but I was POed at the deputy so I took it to a attorney, and he told us he didn't have to read them, nor did he have to secure her ( seat belt ) even though basically she was being arrested for not wearing a seat belt. :rolleyes:
You're right, so am I:

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/arrests-interrogations-faq-29076-2.html

If I'm arrested, do the police have to "read me my rights"?

No. However, if they start questioning you but haven't read you your rights, they can't use anything you say as direct evidence against you at trial. What are these rights? Popularly known as the Miranda warning (ordered by the U.S. Supreme Court inMiranda v. Arizona), your rights consist of the familiar litany invoked by TV police immediately upon arresting a suspect:

You have the right to remain silent.
If you do say anything, what you say can be used against you in a court of law.
You have the right to consult with a lawyer and have that lawyer present during any questioning.
If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be appointed for you if you so desire.
If you choose to talk to the police officer, you have the right to stop the interview at any time. (This part of the warning is usually omitted from the screenplay.)

It doesn't matter whether an interrogation occurs in a jail or at the scene of a crime, on a busy downtown street, or in the middle of an open field: If you are in custody (deprived of your freedom of action in any significant way), the police must give a Miranda warning if they want to question you and use your answers as direct evidence at trial. If you are not in police custody, however, no Miranda warning is required. This exception most often comes up when the police stop someone on the street for questioning about a recent crime and the person blurts out a confession before the police have an opportunity to deliver the warning. (To learn more about Miranda Rights, see When Police Violate the Miranda Rule (http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/when-police-violate-the-miranda-rule) and Exceptions to the Miranda Rule (http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/exceptions-the-miranda-rule).)

Jeff
06-25-2015, 05:50 AM
You're right, so am I:

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/arrests-interrogations-faq-29076-2.html

Kat this Lawyer told me you had to be charged at a certain degree oe worse to have to be read them, I still find it hard to believe, I was always under the impression once arrested they had to read them to you, personally speaking when the cops would cuff me I was just wondering how bad the beaten I was going to get was, but then again I didn't have no one filming it nor did I object, personally I am happy to of taken the beating instead of having it on my record.

Kathianne
06-25-2015, 05:58 AM
Kat this Lawyer told me you had to be charged at a certain degree oe worse to have to be read them, I still find it hard to believe, I was always under the impression once arrested they had to read them to you, personally speaking when the cops would cuff me I was just wondering how bad the beaten I was going to get was, but then again I didn't have no one filming it nor did I object, personally I am happy to of taken the beating instead of having it on my record.

I'm not a lawyer, but from what I can see here, IF the police arrest and don't mirandize that's where the statements that would incriminate get thrown out. Now the police might choose to do just that, to either get the result that the person will not be convicted for one reason or another OR they want to get information on someone else, by using the pressure of arrest to obtain the information.

For most of us that are generally law abiding, seems to me that big difference is whether or not one is under arrest.

Perianne
12-15-2015, 10:14 PM
Freddie Gray trial:

Jurors in the trial of Baltimore police Officer William Porter reported Tuesday afternoon that they were deadlocked - but Judge Barry Williams sent them back to continue deliberating. They wrapped for the day at 5:30 and will resume Wednesday morning.

Police officers from neighboring jurisdictions began staging in Baltimore in preparation for unrest that local commanders hope never materializes.

The bad blacks are going to burn Baltimore down if the jury finds Mr. Porter innocent. Mr. Porter is a good black officer.

Gunny
12-16-2015, 11:46 AM

You are such a freakin' dork. :laugh:

Jeff
12-16-2015, 03:18 PM
You are such a freakin' dork. :laugh:

and exactly why would that be my pucker headed buddy ???

Elessar
12-16-2015, 03:33 PM
Agreed Gunny. By the way. There's a reason they line up and always vote "D".

"D" is the first part of the expression...."D free stuff!"

Now THAT↑ is a good one!:laugh:

Elessar
12-16-2015, 03:35 PM

Hell, I always seatbelted a cuffed person I was transporting to the brig!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-16-2015, 04:37 PM
Freddie Gray trial:

The bad blacks are going to burn Baltimore down if the jury finds Mr. Porter innocent. Mr. Porter is a good black officer.
Any excuse to burn and loot. Any excuse to take free stuff. Typical of certain people and truth coupled with reality and past and recent history prove it. -Tyr

Perianne
12-16-2015, 05:00 PM
Judge declares hung jury after panel can’t reach decision in Freddie Gray trial.

Gunny
12-16-2015, 05:30 PM
Judge declares hung jury after panel can’t reach decision in Freddie Gray trial.

Means they can try him again.