PDA

View Full Version : A black viewpoint on the Confederacy

gabosaurus
06-24-2015, 04:55 PM
I felt like I needed a different perspective on the current debate about the Confederate flag (and the Confederacy as a whole), so I had lunch with two black community leaders who had helped me out earlier. I brought my daughter with me. She is 14 now, so I felt she was old enough to sit in on an adult conversation.

I was fairly surprised by their viewpoint. Neither of them had any objection to how Southerners feel about the Confederacy. One compared it to how some blacks feel about Africa. They embrace it as their cultural heritage.
In fact, both have visited the Confederate White House in Richmond and the homes of Jefferson Davis and Robert E. Lee. They have had meetings with members of the Sons of Confederate Veterans. Most of it was intended to separate fact from myth.

Their objection to the Confederate battle Flag was that it had been appropriated as a symbol of hatred by racist organizations. To the point where the flag is no longer viewed a symbol of Confederate heritage as much as a celebration of racial division and white supremacy.

"The Confederacy had several flags. If South Carolina or Mississippi want to adopt a different flag as their symbol, I would have no objection to that. I am not opposed to the Confederacy. It is a part of American history. I am opposed to symbols of racial hatred."

Gunny
06-24-2015, 04:59 PM
I felt like I needed a different perspective on the current debate about the Confederate flag (and the Confederacy as a whole), so I had lunch with two black community leaders who had helped me out earlier. I brought my daughter with me. She is 14 now, so I felt she was old enough to sit in on an adult conversation.

I was fairly surprised by their viewpoint. Neither of them had any objection to how Southerners feel about the Confederacy. One compared it to how some blacks feel about Africa. They embrace it as their cultural heritage.
In fact, both have visited the Confederate White House in Richmond and the homes of Jefferson Davis and Robert E. Lee. They have had meetings with members of the Sons of Confederate Veterans. Most of it was intended to separate fact from myth.

Their objection to the Confederate battle Flag was that it had been appropriated as a symbol of hatred by racist organizations. To the point where the flag is no longer viewed a symbol of Confederate heritage as much as a celebration of racial division and white supremacy.

"The Confederacy had several flags. If South Carolina or Mississippi want to adopt a different flag as their symbol, I would have no objection to that. I am not opposed to the Confederacy. It is a part of American history. I am opposed to symbols of racial hatred."

When did you turn black? Late this morning or early afternoon?

I bet those blacks would have been happy to get shipped back to Africa like your hero, Lincoln, wanted to do. Bet they'd be even more happier working in a Yankee sweatshop.

Get an argument that holds water.

jimnyc
06-24-2015, 05:04 PM
You ALWAYS just happen to have a "friend" that's on the opposing side of what is discussed. You can't even return to threads here but you can call community leaders and have lunch? Laughable. I don't believe any of your tales anymore.

Gunny
06-24-2015, 05:05 PM
I don't care what you or some black person thinks about the Confederacy. The war was fought to keep you dumbass fucks out of our back yard and telling us what to do in it. The simplicity there is too easy. You'd rather blame your favorite label, "slavery".

Well, fuck you, fuck slavery and get your piece of shit government out of my back yard.

What does your government do for ME? Take my money. Meanwhile, YOUR President spurns our allies and kisses our enemies' asses. You can take your argument and shove it. All you and anyone like you proves is the South was right the whole time.

revelarts
06-24-2015, 06:21 PM
Is it just me or have all the reasoned, rational and human responses (and posters) gone out of style here at DP.

LongTermGuy
06-24-2015, 06:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNtMpPFM7M0

LongTermGuy
06-24-2015, 06:24 PM
Is it just me or have all the reasoned, rational and human responses (and posters) gone out of style here at DP.

Everybody doing their thing and giving their Opinions....that is still OK....relax.

Gunny
06-24-2015, 06:25 PM
Is it just me or have all the reasoned, rational and human responses and posters gone out of style here at DP.

I think it's just you because you have no rational human responses to the topic. Your responses are ignorant, left wing mantra trying to justify the use of military force to subjuqate others. History and fact are out of your league because all you believe is stupid revisionist bullshit.

Did I say that clear enough or do you still need to buy a clue?

aboutime
06-24-2015, 06:30 PM
You ALWAYS just happen to have a "friend" that's on the opposing side of what is discussed. You can't even return to threads here but you can call community leaders and have lunch? Laughable. I don't believe any of your tales anymore.

Jim. She's really not fooling anybody here. Anyone who ALWAYS pretends to have done the ONE-UP'SMANSHIP game, to get attention, or who knows somebody, who knows somebody they know. Simply uses their imagination, via the fabrication instructions of misery-loves-company play-book.

We've all known people like this. They are the same as the pretenders, and wannabe's who always have to have a better story, or more words to add....that say the very same things we were saying...only..their version ALWAYS HAS TO BE BETTER, and much more Interesting. That's how it works for some. Unless they can be the center of attention. They have a loss for making up more lies.

revelarts
06-24-2015, 06:32 PM
I think it's just you because you have no rational human responses to the topic. Your responses are ignorant, left wing mantra trying to justify the use of military force to subjuqate others. History and fact are out of your league because all you believe is stupid revisionist bullshit.

Did I say that clear enough or do you still need to buy a clue?

thanks for the reasoned, rational and human response Gunny.

:facepalm99:

jimnyc
06-24-2015, 06:55 PM

I have no reason to give such a reply to her post. I don't believe what she types anymore. No point entertaining a rational discussion and making a decent reply to the OP, when everyone here knows darned well she won't reply to anything, and if she does, she will only troll. I'm betting that if, say, someone like Kath were to have posted this "story", you would have seen a line of totally different responses.

DragonStryk72
06-24-2015, 07:12 PM

I bet those blacks would have been happy to get shipped back to Africa like your hero, Lincoln, wanted to do. Bet they'd be even more happier working in a Yankee sweatshop.

...Gunny, did you actually read the OP? Cause, um, you're ripping her head off for agreeing your own position on the subject, that they see it as a symbol of southern heritage, and not racism. If that doesn't hold water, then I don't understand your profile pic.

And really, is it that weird that she knows of two black people in California who can answer simple questions?

gabosaurus
06-24-2015, 09:02 PM

I do seek out opposing opinions. When I have questions, I find the best sources I can for answers. That is what educated people do.
Finding the right people is often as easy as picking up the phone. Or perhaps visiting someplace.
As for returning to threads on DP, I state my points and then move on. It is impossible to "debate" someone who is not going to move from their opinion. Have you even read the replies to many of my statements? Usually they consist of abuse, stubborn denial and refusal to back down from any stated point of view.
I know a lot of people. I am not afraid to talk with anyone. You can't expand your horizons by sitting in a chair all day watching Fox News and reading teaparty.org.
No reason to get butt hurt if I don't always take your bait. Leave it and move on.

Perianne
06-24-2015, 09:20 PM
I do seek out opposing opinions. When I have questions, I find the best sources I can for answers....

That would be me. PM me any time you have questions. :)

tailfins
06-24-2015, 09:24 PM
I have no reason to give such a reply to her post. I don't believe what she types anymore. No point entertaining a rational discussion and making a decent reply to the OP, when everyone here knows darned well she won't reply to anything, and if she does, she will only troll. I'm betting that if, say, someone like Kath were to have posted this "story", you would have seen a line of totally different responses.

Given her contemptuous attitude, lack of attention to detail, willingness to mistreat people and that California is a community property state, somebody is going to see a nice payday. Perhaps it might be one of those "helicopter parents" she's always griping about. I think of Gabs and I think of dollar signs. Everybody serves a purpose!

Perianne
06-24-2015, 09:44 PM
I like having Gabosaurus here, though I rarely agree with her.

LongTermGuy
06-24-2015, 09:51 PM
I like having Gabosaurus here, though I rarely agree with her.

`​I dont mind Gabby...*she does her thing....she don't bother me I don't bother her....and deep...DEEP inside Jim likes her.....I like her also....*some times :) Gabs is ok....

Perianne
06-24-2015, 10:18 PM
`​I dont mind Gabby...*she does her thing....she don't bother me I don't bother her....and deep...DEEP inside Jim likes her.....I like her also....*some times :) Gabs is ok....

She brings a badly-needed opposing viewpoint to this forum.

LongTermGuy
06-24-2015, 10:20 PM

Yes...and she drives Jim crazy.....:laugh:

Perianne
06-24-2015, 10:22 PM

I've noticed. :)

gabosaurus
06-24-2015, 11:30 PM
Given her contemptuous attitude, lack of attention to detail, willingness to mistreat people and that California is a community property state, somebody is going to see a nice payday. Perhaps it might be one of those "helicopter parents" she's always griping about. I think of Gabs and I think of dollar signs. Everybody serves a purpose!

If you live in a community property state, I would watch my back. Sleeping Beauty might wake up one of these days.
And always remember these guys. Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/abc_archive_PRBB0041A_002_wg.jpg

gabosaurus
06-24-2015, 11:37 PM

Everyone needs a purpose... :cool:

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/000/043/disaster-girl.jpg

Jeff
06-25-2015, 02:07 AM

Just happened to have a friend and/or writing letters to save the world, truth be told you are Full of Sheot Gabs, I imagine you and your daughter went slumming and watched Oprah, or heaven forbid that other black guy on TV, Montel. Enough with the BS already, you have shown you know nothing about the south, zero ziltch the goose-egg, with statements like racism is the worst in southern states, quit watching the soaps and get out and see the world, might do you some good.

Jeff
06-25-2015, 02:11 AM
...Gunny, did you actually read the OP? Cause, um, you're ripping her head off for agreeing your own position on the subject, that they see it as a symbol of southern heritage, and not racism. If that doesn't hold water, then I don't understand your profile pic.

And really, is it that weird that she knows of two black people in California who can answer simple questions?

Ask her and I bet she knows Putin as well, had lunch with Nelson Mandela and desert with Queen Elizabeth, sometimes it just gets sickening.

jimnyc
06-25-2015, 06:54 AM
I do seek out opposing opinions. When I have questions, I find the best sources I can for answers. That is what educated people do.
Finding the right people is often as easy as picking up the phone. Or perhaps visiting someplace.
As for returning to threads on DP, I state my points and then move on. It is impossible to "debate" someone who is not going to move from their opinion. Have you even read the replies to many of my statements? Usually they consist of abuse, stubborn denial and refusal to back down from any stated point of view.
I know a lot of people. I am not afraid to talk with anyone. You can't expand your horizons by sitting in a chair all day watching Fox News and reading teaparty.org.
No reason to get butt hurt if I don't always take your bait. Leave it and move on.

Sure, and we know ALL about your education... another tale is what I believe. You've bragged about your education for years, but your posts here for years also tell a different tale. You're a troll and a liar. I've always been able to deal with folks who troll, but people who lie nauseate me.

jimnyc
06-25-2015, 06:59 AM

Point is - she troll 92 out of 100 posts. She lies non-stop and makes shit up. You think folks insult her? You should see some of the fine things she's said over the years. Ask 'nighttrain', I think he has a thread with a running list somewhere. Not to mention, she has OUTRIGHT ADMITTED she likes to come here solely to mess with people, and even gave me certain names she likes to fuck with. And it's not just me she has told this to.

But if someone is contributing? Not trolling? Welcome aboard. But folks have tried that with her hundreds and hundreds of times, and she continually does the same thing. She has NO desire to have normal discussions or debates with people - unless you are "Abbey or Kathianne", of whom she likely kisses ass to as moderators. Did I mention how transparent she was?

jimnyc
06-25-2015, 07:01 AM
Just happened to have a friend and/or writing letters to save the world, truth be told you are Full of Sheot Gabs, I imagine you and your daughter went slumming and watched Oprah, or heaven forbid that other black guy on TV, Montel. Enough with the BS already, you have shown you know nothing about the south, zero ziltch the goose-egg, with statements like racism is the worst in southern states, quit watching the soaps and get out and see the world, might do you some good.

I remember last year, or the year before - YOU said something to me about her lying about something, and always making shit up - AND WHO defended her at the time? Yup, that was me, as I fell for her crap, and I told you that you were wrong. But you told me back then that she continually made shit up, and that you knew it and didn't fall for it. I think NT was similar with the spidey skills. I guess I take longer to learn lessons.

Jeff
06-25-2015, 07:02 AM

Yes and of course there is no proof of any of what you say, and with that said how many times have you posted some BS with no link and when called on it, oooppps they took the link down, or you post a link that tells a complete different story than you are telling, and then people call you on it, they prove you wrong and you just don't bother to even come back to argue your stance, until a day or so later and then you post more BS, same thing different day, you forgot the link, or you and your daughter spoke to the people and so on.You say you find the best source you can, hell I would be happy to see you back any of your trash with any source, well yes you do do that once in a while, of course the source you quote doesn't say anything even close to what you have. :rolleyes:

jimnyc
06-25-2015, 07:08 AM
Yes and of course there is no proof of any of what you say, and with that said how many times have you posted some BS with no link and when called on it, oooppps they took the link down, or you post a link that tells a complete different story than you are telling, and then people call you on it, they prove you wrong and you just don't bother to even come back to argue your stance, until a day or so later and then you post more BS, same thing different day, you forgot the link, or you and your daughter spoke to the people and so on.You say you find the best source you can, hell I would be happy to see you back any of your trash with any source, well yes you do do that once in a while, of course the source you quote doesn't say anything even close to what you have. :rolleyes:

Without exaggeration - I would guess she didn't return to threads at least hundreds of times, closer to a thousand. She's made claims, and no links, and either no return or refusal of link - probably 10x to 1 compared to when she has left a link. But think about it - that's how trolling works, or lying.

Jeff
06-25-2015, 07:12 AM
Everyone needs a purpose... :cool:

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/000/043/disaster-girl.jpg

Now this is the Gabs I like, Gabby is funny, and yes when she is being truly honest and not just trying to take a opposing view just to piss people off she is smart, Gabs has added to a couple of threads, but the bad out weighs the good 10 times over, but a post like this just cracks me up.

gabosaurus
06-25-2015, 10:07 AM

A -- My knowledge of the Civil War and the Old South pales in comparison to my knowledge of WWII and 20th Century Europe. Which is why I seek out those who would add to my knowledge of such.
B -- Much of my family grew up in Dallas. My paternal grandfather was the Old South. He was one of the most racially prejudiced people you could ever meet. Not just blacks, but Mexicans, Jews, Germans, Asians, just about anyone who was not Anglo.
C -- I don't watch soap operas. I actually have a full time job. I leave daytime TV to those of you who don't have to work. :cool:
D -- I have been to many parts of Europe as well as Australia. I engage people wherever I go. I encourage my daughter to do the same. Which is why she is an honor student who is very well read. She watches little TV and doesn't play video games.

https://i.imgflip.com/ndwqo.jpg

gabosaurus
06-25-2015, 10:30 AM
In the opinion of this board, failing to agree with the prevailing opinion is "trolling." Stating your opinion is "lying."

I don't agree with the majority of your opinions. So I state otherwise. I suppose that is "trolling."
My opinions are my opinions. I don't need to "back them up." I spend a lot of time reading books and online sources. I don't bookmark all of them. I read one and then the next. I read liberal and conservative sources.
Want to know what is lazy? Getting all your news and opinions from one source. Like Fox News. Or right-wing blogs. You are only getting one side of the story.

It's not my fault if you are not literate enough or conversational enough to go out and talk to people. I have to do that. I work in education.
It is not difficult to engage with people. You write or call their office. We don't live in North Korea. No one is going to take out if you voice a dissenting opinion.

I will always post the way I want to post. If I don't feel like replying to a comment, then I won't. If I get bored with a thread, or I don't like the turn it is taking, I won't go back to it.

Why do I "suck up" to Kathianne and Abbey? Because they are women. Which makes them smarter than men.

http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/2/7/0/1/4/0/1/Man-Speaks-58421478747.jpeg

jimnyc
06-25-2015, 10:36 AM
In the opinion of this board, failing to agree with the prevailing opinion is "trolling." Stating your opinion is "lying."

This board probably isn't fond of trolls who tell new members they should leave because of things about how staff handles things...

And also as to your trolling, like I said - it's your OWN WORDS that you come here to piss off some of the older guys, and even gave me certain names you like to do it to. And what a coincidence that the majority of your trolling posts are replies to those folks.

So there you have it, your trolling is in writing. And now you're denying it, which I would also call "lying".

Thunderknuckles
06-25-2015, 12:50 PM
I'm with Rev on this one. Did anyone even read what Gabby posted before ripping into her? She is actually posting a viewpoint supported by many conservatives. That is, the Confederate flag was originally a symbol of Confederate cultural heritage and not racism and hatred as it was later appropriated by various hate groups.

Additionally, I felt her post was well written and reasonable but the immediate responses were downright ugly and thoughtless. Kudos to Gabby for actually seeking to understand a different viewpoint on a very sensitive issue while many of you who responded just made yourselves look like fools.

jimnyc
06-25-2015, 01:00 PM
I'm with Rev on this one. Did anyone even read what Gabby posted before ripping into her? She is actually posting a viewpoint supported by many conservatives. That is, the Confederate flag was originally a symbol of Confederate cultural heritage and not racism and hatred as it was later appropriated by various hate groups.

Additionally, I felt her post was well written and reasonable but the immediate responses were downright ugly and thoughtless. Kudos to Gabby for actually seeking to understand a different viewpoint on a very sensitive issue while many of you who responded just made yourselves look like fools.

That's not the point, and not sure why other fools can't understand that. She is a persistent troll. Just because she makes one post, supposedly on target, doesn't suddenly make her a saint as she is trolling all over the place besides that post. She's lost all respect, from many members here. When you continually piss on people, eventually your posts won't be taken seriously. I don't even discuss her subject, because I think she;s a troll, and I think she's a liar. If you disagree, so be it. But don't tell me I'm looking like a fool when you apparently don't read all of her posts.

Thunderknuckles
06-25-2015, 01:37 PM
That's not the point, and not sure why other fools can't understand that. She is a persistent troll. Just because she makes one post, supposedly on target, doesn't suddenly make her a saint as she is trolling all over the place besides that post. She's lost all respect, from many members here. When you continually piss on people, eventually your posts won't be taken seriously. I don't even discuss her subject, because I think she;s a troll, and I think she's a liar. If you disagree, so be it. But don't tell me I'm looking like a fool when you apparently don't read all of her posts.
Jim, I have been consistently reading this board for 5 years now and am very familiar with how Gabby posts. Do I think she "Trolls"? No, I think she likes to rib conservatives a bit. I never get hot headed over it despite the fact that I disagree with much of what she posts. In fact, if it wasn't for her and a couple of others, this place would be a boring echo chamber.

gabosaurus
06-25-2015, 02:55 PM

If that is the way you feel, why not just use the "ban" function. It is your board, after all. If you think I do nothing but lie and troll, just get rid of me. It's your decision alone.

If you decide otherwise, my advice would be to shut up and move on. You are making yourself look childish, petty and vindictive with your continual whining and complaining about things that few others care about.

LongTermGuy
06-25-2015, 03:39 PM
Point is - she troll 92 out of 100 posts. She lies non-stop and makes shit up. You think folks insult her? You should see some of the fine things she's said over the years. Ask 'nighttrain', I think he has a thread with a running list somewhere. Not to mention, she has OUTRIGHT ADMITTED she likes to come here solely to mess with people, and even gave me certain names she likes to fuck with. And it's not just me she has told this to.

But if someone is contributing? Not trolling? Welcome aboard. But folks have tried that with her hundreds and hundreds of times, and she continually does the same thing. She has NO desire to have normal discussions or debates with people - unless you are "Abbey or Kathianne", of whom she likely kisses ass to as moderators. Did I mention how transparent she was?

Understand.....Put her on Ignore :laugh: (Mental or Mechanical)...

..............*or waste her and move on?

aboutime
06-25-2015, 04:18 PM
If that is the way you feel, why not just use the "ban" function. It is your board, after all. If you think I do nothing but lie and troll, just get rid of me. It's your decision alone.

If you decide otherwise, my advice would be to shut up and move on. You are making yourself look childish, petty and vindictive with your continual whining and complaining about things that few others care about.

WRONG GABBY. You should begin to take your own advice. We all recognize you for making yourself look childish, petty, and eternally vindictive as you WHINE, COMPLAIN by being a PROVEN TROLL.

NightTrain
06-25-2015, 07:01 PM
Jim, I have been consistently reading this board for 5 years now and am very familiar with how Gabby posts. Do I think she "Trolls"? No, I think she likes to rib conservatives a bit. I never get hot headed over it despite the fact that I disagree with much of what she posts. In fact, if it wasn't for her and a couple of others, this place would be a boring echo chamber.

Then you haven't been paying attention.

It's time to dust off Gabby's Greatest Filthy Hits to remind you.

jimnyc
06-26-2015, 05:36 AM
Then you haven't been paying attention.

It's time to dust off Gabby's Greatest Filthy Hits to remind you.

In case anyone else would like to say she doesn't troll. AND, this stuff is aged, the hits just kept on coming...

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?50325-Gabby-s-Filthiest-Hits

Jeff
06-26-2015, 05:59 AM

I don't agree with the majority of your opinions. So I state otherwise. I suppose that is "trolling."
My opinions are my opinions. I don't need to "back them up." I spend a lot of time reading books and online sources. I don't bookmark all of them. I read one and then the next. I read liberal and conservative sources.
Want to know what is lazy? Getting all your news and opinions from one source. Like Fox News. Or right-wing blogs. You are only getting one side of the story.

It's not my fault if you are not literate enough or conversational enough to go out and talk to people. I have to do that. I work in education.
It is not difficult to engage with people. You write or call their office. We don't live in North Korea. No one is going to take out if you voice a dissenting opinion.

I will always post the way I want to post. If I don't feel like replying to a comment, then I won't. If I get bored with a thread, or I don't like the turn it is taking, I won't go back to it.

Why do I "suck up" to Kathianne and Abbey? Because they are women. Which makes them smarter than men.

http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/2/7/0/1/4/0/1/Man-Speaks-58421478747.jpeg

Well hell now we are talking, so we no longer need to show links or any kind of proof to prove our point, I get it now because 99% of all you post is just your opinion, now you may lie and tell us how they took all the links off the net, or hell you may even post a link where as everyone reads and points out where you are wrong, yea I got it, so we should just believe your liberal ass, Yea Hello, try again !!!

Jeff
06-26-2015, 06:03 AM
A -- My knowledge of the Civil War and the Old South pales in comparison to my knowledge of WWII and 20th Century Europe. Which is why I seek out those who would add to my knowledge of such.
B -- Much of my family grew up in Dallas. My paternal grandfather was the Old South. He was one of the most racially prejudiced people you could ever meet. Not just blacks, but Mexicans, Jews, Germans, Asians, just about anyone who was not Anglo.
C -- I don't watch soap operas. I actually have a full time job. I leave daytime TV to those of you who don't have to work. :cool:
D -- I have been to many parts of Europe as well as Australia. I engage people wherever I go. I encourage my daughter to do the same. Which is why she is an honor student who is very well read. She watches little TV and doesn't play video games.

https://i.imgflip.com/ndwqo.jpg

Both of my youngest boys have been in the Jr. Honor society since they where eligible, so bully for you. But the difference between you and I is I don't come on here trying to make out that my kids are Doogy Houser, now no dis respect to your daughter Gabby I hope and pray she is half what you sat, because I do believe she will be a fine person, but you aren't the only one with a child nor a child that is doing very well.

Kathianne
06-26-2015, 06:57 AM
Gabby, you do troll, we all know that. You did piss many off when you told the new member to 'run,' it's damn disrespectful to Jim in particular, the board in general.

I do wish that this particular post was not the one for you to be called out on, but what is, is.

Jim has every right to be angry at your behavior regarding the new member, you should expect that.

NightTrain is also angry, I'm guessing you can tell.

Much of your hit and runs often are funny, some are just mean.

What is with the constant put down of men? Abbey and I are not smart because we're women, we're 'smart' because we choose to keep learning and try to share what we've learned. Between the two of us we span a century of learning. We care about others, including men. Both of us have gotten ticked at some folks here, we've even lost it from time-to-time, (me a bit more often. :laugh2:) Yet, we know when to back off.

The three of us, you did seem to throw yourself into a 'women's club,' are all 'educated' in the formal sense, heck Abbey is an attorney. What you seem to lack is a true sense of what education is all about, it certainly isn't about being superior.

jimnyc
06-26-2015, 07:17 AM
Gabby, you do troll, we all know that. You did piss many off when you told the new member to 'run,' it's damn disrespectful to Jim in particular, the board in general.

And if you recall, in private, once again I was kinda defending her, while admitting the same as you. We were wondering where she was, while you mentioned possibly something to do with school. Then she pops in out of nowhere and encourages a newly joined member to bail from the site, condemning staff and saying we'll never do anything to reign anyone in and such... And while I have no issue with her having her opinion of course... pushing away new members though? And how many times have you seen me have issues with her, only to "apologize" and try again? Look, I'm not perfect, but I acknowledge when I make mistakes and try harder. She's NEVER apologized for the tripe she pukes out here, and then literally bites your hand and makes an ass out of you if you are dumb enough to try and help her, or befriend her. She's welcome to stay, not getting banned or anything like that, I'm simply done with her. I said what I had to say. I was wrong for ruining a few threads pointing out her bullshit, and I apologize to other members for that.

gabosaurus
06-26-2015, 10:13 AM
And if you recall, in private, once again...

Can I ask why you continue to disclose private communications?

jimnyc
06-26-2015, 10:23 AM
Can I ask why you continue to disclose private communications?

Because you keep ignoring the fact that you told a new member to bail. Then you troll. Then you deny such things and make excuses, and turn the blame around.

Look, if you want to fuck with a few people, go for it. But don't troll, tell new members to bail, then come back a few weeks later and expect that I just overlook your crap. It's YOU that's fucked me at almost every turn. And while yes, I did discuss a few things, I think it's fair to acknowledge that I have apologized to you so many times, and have reached out and befriended so many times, and that I have publicly defended you so many times. And yet, you always come back and shove things in my face like I'm some sort of ass, talk smack about staff members, and then the last time telling someone to hightail from here.

Would you like a public apology from me - for mentioning what you told me about trolling some folks? I'll do so right now - you are correct, I was wrong, and for that I am sorry, but felt it necessary.

But I've spent countless hours on this website, countless money and countless energy. Sure, I contribute to some problems, but I work hard to keep everyone happy and hopefully keep this place going forward. When I see members working against me, what am I supposed to think?

My lips are sealed now, you got your deserved apology. But don't think there's a chance in hell that I fall for any bullshit anymore, nor make the mistake of thinking you can be some sort of friend. You are not like the others and have no desire whatsoever to befriend anyone here.

Gunny
06-26-2015, 10:29 AM
thanks for the reasoned, rational and human response Gunny.

:facepalm99:

I'm kind of tired of responding to the same lying BS you've spammed all over this board. Since the only one that agrees with your contrived, revisionist BS is Gabby, maybe you ought to reconsider just WHO are the unreasoned ones.

Your head is stuck so far up the Federal government's butt.

Here's some loss of reason. Banning a flag. Banning Gone With the Wind. Banning pretty much everything you can think of that's Southern. THAT is a loss of reason and y'all tried that shit in 1868 and it STILL hasn't worked. All you're really going to achieve is pissing us off some more.

If you think we're so bad, get the f- out. Seems to me you yankees have no industry left, no personality, and just want everyone to be a friggin plain vanilla, personality-less paper doll. But I notice y'all don't miss coming down here and taking our jobs and money cuz you ain't got any. YOU have legislated yourself out of business and now want to do it to us.

gabosaurus
06-26-2015, 10:51 AM
I am guilty on all counts.
I am guilty of excessive sarcasm. That is my nature. I come from a family of excessively sarcastic people.
I am guilty of getting extremely pissed off. If you chop off my arm, I am chopping off both of your legs. And then laughing at you.
I am guilty of occasionally being rude, nasty and vulgar. If you come at me, I will come back at you twice at hard. I will be uglier and dirtier than you.

The put down of men? It's mostly in fun. DP is a man's world. There are continual references to jiggling boobs, macho virility, guns, bikes, weapons, etc. So I have created a unofficial "women's club." There aren't many of us.

I think too many of you take what I say personally. As the only real liberal on this board, I am subjected to constant jabs and insults. Most of it is just water off a duck's back.
If you wish to play with knives, it helps not to have thin skin. If we jab each other, we both bleed. Don't just sit there and whine about it. Bandage up and move on. Or lawyer up and try to collect money. :p

I respect everyone on this board for who they are. I try hard to do so. If you dislike me, fine, I'm a liberal. I have opposing viewpoints. I take brutal swipes at you. You do the same. Doesn't mean I dislike you personally.
I used to dislike Tyr a lot. A whole lot. But then I sat down to figure out where he was coming from. He's a smart thinking man. Can't write poetry like he does without being such.
Same with Gunny. I hate some of his viewpoints. Learning that he has PTSD changed my opinion. I figured out he is a proud man who is loyal to his country. He stands up for his viewpoints.

Jim is basically me. We share a lot in common. In case you don't know, I can be a Bi-polar Bitch From Hell. Flip my switch and you will bleed. My daughter even knows this. She will catch me with "Mom, you're off your meds again." :eek:
Personally, I like Jim. He has saved my butt on this board many times. But, as a conservative, I disagree with him. I am going to jab at him. Stop taking me personally, dammit!!
Or else just start agreeing with me. And no, you still can't have any underwear pics. :cool:

Jeff doesn't know it, but I admire his Southern butt. Jeff has a wicked sense of humor. He is honest to the core. I hate his opinions, but I can't argue with him.

My fondest wish is to become friends with tailfin's wife. I would invite her to Schlitterbahn for an outing with my best friend and I. We could discuss American liberalism and female empowerment.

Stop taking me so seriously. It's bad for your mental health.

http://media.mensxp.com/media/photogallery/2014/Mar/thingsyoudidnotknowaboutgrumpycat5_1395924513.jpg

gabosaurus
06-26-2015, 10:55 AM
Because you keep ignoring the fact that you told a new member to bail.

I have never ignored it. I was pissed that liberals never have a chance on this board. Someone comes in and states comments against the mainstream and they are brutally attacked.
I was hoping that my comments would inspire some to realize their actions. But I suppose not.
If you really want liberal members, don't kick them in the face the moment they walk in.

Gunny
06-26-2015, 10:59 AM
I am guilty of excessive sarcasm. That is my nature. I come from a family of excessively sarcastic people.
I am guilty of getting extremely pissed off. If you chop off my arm, I am chopping off both of your legs. And then laughing at you.
I am guilty of occasionally being rude, nasty and vulgar. If you come at me, I will come back at you twice at hard. I will be uglier and dirtier than you.

The put down of men? It's mostly in fun. DP is a man's world. There are continual references to jiggling boobs, macho virility, guns, bikes, weapons, etc. So I have created a unofficial "women's club." There aren't many of us.

I think too many of you take what I say personally. As the only real liberal on this board, I am subjected to constant jabs and insults. Most of it is just water off a duck's back.
If you wish to play with knives, it helps not to have thin skin. If we jab each other, we both bleed. Don't just sit there and whine about it. Bandage up and move on. Or lawyer up and try to collect money. :p

I respect everyone on this board for who they are. I try hard to do so. If you dislike me, fine, I'm a liberal. I have opposing viewpoints. I take brutal swipes at you. You do the same. Doesn't mean I dislike you personally.
I used to dislike Tyr a lot. A whole lot. But then I sat down to figure out where he was coming from. He's a smart thinking man. Can't write poetry like he does without being such.
Same with Gunny. I hate some of his viewpoints. Learning that he has PTSD changed my opinion. I figured out he is a proud man who is loyal to his country. He stands up for his viewpoints.

Jim is basically me. We share a lot in common. In case you don't know, I can be a Bi-polar Bitch From Hell. Flip my switch and you will bleed. My daughter even knows this. She will catch me with "Mom, you're off your meds again." :eek:
Personally, I like Jim. He has saved my butt on this board many times. But, as a conservative, I disagree with him. I am going to jab at him. Stop taking me personally, dammit!!
Or else just start agreeing with me. And no, you still can't have any underwear pics. :cool:

Jeff doesn't know it, but I admire his Southern butt. Jeff has a wicked sense of humor. He is honest to the core. I hate his opinions, but I can't argue with him.

My fondest wish is to become friends with tailfin's wife. I would invite her to Schlitterbahn for an outing with my best friend and I. We could discuss American liberalism and female empowerment.

http://media.mensxp.com/media/photogallery/2014/Mar/thingsyoudidnotknowaboutgrumpycat5_1395924513.jpg

You left out guilty of being a political retard. You and all your lefty cohorts talk shit about us, but all you do is try to force your stupid ideology on us. And you don't care how you do it.

I just wish the right would start battling fire with fire and play as dirty as you do. All y'all do is hype lying accusations. Your revisionist BS and lies don't sell HERE.

And, JIm owns the board and he can post whatever of your BS he wants to. I don't recall signing the Privacy Act Statement of 1974 to join here. And if you came on a board I was running, I'd call your ass out for trying to run off new members. I think Jim's been more than fair since you're still here. Your ass would be gone from the boards I ran.

Losing you and your trolling while gaining a new member with something worthy to say is a win-win deal to me.

NightTrain
06-26-2015, 11:03 AM

Your excuses and justifications don't hold water.

Try to whitewash all you want, your vitriol to everyone here is in black and white and they stand testament to the vicious little worm that you are.

gabosaurus
06-26-2015, 11:03 AM
But I've spent countless hours on this website, countless money and countless energy. Sure, I contribute to some problems, but I work hard to keep everyone happy and hopefully keep this place going forward. When I see members working against me, what am I supposed to think?

My lips are sealed now, you got your deserved apology. But don't think there's a chance in hell that I fall for any bullshit anymore, nor make the mistake of thinking you can be some sort of friend. You are not like the others and have no desire whatsoever to befriend anyone here.

I attack your ideas and beliefs. I have never attacked YOU personally. If I have ever attacked you personally, then I apologize. I actually care about you. We are bipolar twins of different mothers. I care about your son. I try to help you whenever I can. Just because I have the training to do so. I didn't spend six years studying adolescent psychology for no reason.
You can't just cast me (or any member) off. You own this board. I am not Virgil or Psychoblues. I am not a threat to your personal security.

I get pissed at you. I get pissed at this board. I get pissed at my job. I get pissed at the world.
I make mistakes. I fuck up. More often than most people. No need to hold a sword over my head. Either drop it or get rid of it.

Gunny
06-26-2015, 11:13 AM
I attack your ideas and beliefs. I have never attacked YOU personally. If I have ever attacked you personally, then I apologize. I actually care about you. We are bipolar twins of different mothers. I care about your son. I try to help you whenever I can. Just because I have the training to do so. I didn't spend six years studying adolescent psychology for no reason.
You can't just cast me (or any member) off. You own this board. I am not Virgil or Psychoblues. I am not a threat to your personal security.

I get pissed at you. I get pissed at this board. I get pissed at my job. I get pissed at the world.
I make mistakes. I fuck up. More often than most people. No need to hold a sword over my head. Either drop it or get rid of it.

No, you tried to ward off a new member. That IS a threat to the board, period. You can psychoanalyze THAT until the cows come home and it turns out the same every time. Here's some psychology for : doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

And as long as we're getting pissed: I get pissed at YOU (and I doubt I'm the only one) because I know you're smarter than you act.

Gunny
06-26-2015, 11:49 AM
I have never ignored it. I was pissed that liberals never have a chance on this board. Someone comes in and states comments against the mainstream and they are brutally attacked.
I was hoping that my comments would inspire some to realize their actions. But I suppose not.
If you really want liberal members, don't kick them in the face the moment they walk in.

Again, that so?

Don't confuse yourself with a liberal. You're a lefwing Democrat nutcase trying to tell others what to think. All of which is the antithesis of "liberal". I am a liberal defined by I don't give a crap what you think you're doing aws long as you stay off my toes. All you Dems do is try to tell others what to think.

So rethink your dumbass, communist crap. I'm on the board. Fj's on the board. And Jim even lets YOU on the board. Quit blaming the board for your shortcommings. If I wanted to be a member of a totalitarian communist regime, I'd move to Russia.

Rat
06-27-2015, 07:01 AM
I know people who couldn't be less racist that take pride in the Confederate flag. I also know there's racists who hold it in high regard. Point is we should concentrate more on the bigots and less on harmless objects.

aboutime
06-27-2015, 08:15 PM

gabby. You can remain as pissed as you like. Much like all of us who despise LIARS who come here to make accusations, and create False Facts....as you have done.

Wanna stop being pissed. Start acting like a responsible, adult, liberal who doesn't troll your life away, thinking only you are qualified to make statements. You have never been kicked in the face. Unless, you break mirrors when you use them.

Jeff
06-27-2015, 10:55 PM

Gabs there is no doubt your beliefs and pretty much everyone else here is different, and as one poster said, if we don't have different opinions it gets boring, but you do attack personally, you have attacked me personally many times and yes I have seen you attack Jim as well, maybe this is just your personality but you do also have a side of your personality that is likeable, get a mix going girl. :laugh:

Elessar
06-27-2015, 11:16 PM
Let's all just get rid of flags that hurt our feelings!

Ban from public places:

The Rainbow Gay Flag;

The Mexican Flag (which does not belong here);

The Confederate Flag (which is harmless unless you are terminally butt-hurt from a society from 154 years ago);

The Jewish banners that fly over temples;

Islamic banners (unless they support the carnage of their peers);

The Catholic Banners;

Lutheran Banners:

Presbyterian Banners;

The Black Power Banners;

The Flag of Puerto Rico;

The Flag of Cuba;

Evergreen's Flag;

Lastly....The American Flag, which was to be a symbol of our United States, but not a symbol of division as it
appears now.

Ban them all from places where a terminally butt-hurt idiot sees it and gets personally offended.

Better yet, tell that terminally butt-hurt fool to stay in the basement....no use for them in this day and age

Elessar
06-27-2015, 11:26 PM

You come across as being very coarse, rude, and demanding with not a bit of politeness at all.

I am not at all Liberal or even remotely Libertarian...But am a Conservative Republican.

Your cynical and poisonous replies to others has branded you as being a tight-minded, disillusioned zealot
to others that feed your mind.

You are not open-minded at all, M'Lady. You cannot pull off the blinders, get away from the drink of DNC,
the mind-controlling of Zealots; to allow your self to look at other person's thoughts objectively.

One day You might grow up.