PDA

View Full Version : Shove this movie down the throat of the politically correct crowd

tailfins
06-25-2015, 08:07 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=302YMeiDSrI

Perianne
06-25-2015, 08:12 AM
I tried to watch that movie, but no one is talking in it. It's kinda boring.

tailfins
06-25-2015, 08:14 AM

Talkies didn't come out until 1928. Your patience will be rewarded if you stick with it.

Perianne
06-25-2015, 08:16 AM
Talkies didn't come out until 1928. Your patience will be rewarded if you stick with it.

They should have used closed captioning. It would have made it a better movie.

tailfins
06-25-2015, 08:22 AM

If only Lillian Gish could be brought back to life, an incredibly beautiful woman.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f6/Lillian_Gish_1917.jpg

Perianne
06-25-2015, 08:25 AM
If only Lillian Gish could be brought back to life, an incredibly beautiful woman.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f6/Lillian_Gish_1917.jpg

There have always been some stunningly beautiful women.

indago
06-25-2015, 09:31 AM
There is a great scene in this movie where the white carpetbagger Northern Senator's black aide approaches him and declares that he is in love. The Senator pats him on the back and approves. The aide then says that it is a white woman that he has taken a liking to. The Senator smiles and declares his approval. Then the aide tells him that it is his daughter. The Senator goes berserk and beats him with his cane.

Perianne
06-25-2015, 09:42 AM
There is a great scene in this movie where the white carpetbagger Northern Senator's black aide approaches him and declares that he is in love. The Senator pats him on the back and approves. The aide then says that it is a white woman that he has taken a liking to. The Senator smiles and declares his approval. Then the aide tells him that it is his daughter. The Senator goes berserk and beats him with his cane.

D'oh!

Voted4Reagan
06-25-2015, 11:32 AM
This thread is a "TEST" of the TAILFINS board trolling system

If this thread was written by anyone else it would be relevant and useful....

This concludes this test....

Please dont feed the troll......

Drummond
06-25-2015, 12:05 PM

Semaphore-oriented movies. Definitely a winner ...

gabosaurus
06-25-2015, 03:06 PM
Too long, too dry, too antiquated. Try this one instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpKDglMeeqQ&feature=youtu.be

Perianne
06-25-2015, 04:40 PM
Too long, too dry, too antiquated. Try this one instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpKDglMeeqQ&feature=youtu.be

HA! Good movie. Thanks.

Gunny
06-25-2015, 05:00 PM

Obviously you have no appreciation for silent flicks? I love them. Got a whole collection. B&W horror flicks from the 20s n 30s too.

"Birth of a Nation" is significant for a couple of reason. One, that Democrat Woodrow Wilson had a private showing of it in the White House and thought it was the best movie ever made.

Two, it brought about a resurgence of the Klan, but not in the South, in the upper Midwest; which was the largest the klan has ever been.

Three, it stereotyped blacks as basically animals which led directly to the outlawing of pot. The reasoning behind the outlawing of pot was that blacks would smoke it and rape white women. If you want to watch another screwball movie try "Reefer Madness". Basically the guy smokes a little weed, his hair and face go whacky and he strangles his GF. Most tv and movies are pure propaganda. Don't know about anyone else that's smoked weed, but I don't see getting past the Doritos to bother with all the energy it takes to strangle someone.:laugh:

I haven't watched network TV since the 80s, and any movie I own past then is purely by chance.

Gunny
06-25-2015, 05:12 PM

What was the first talkie? The first one I have is the onlt talkie Lon Chaney ever made. Where he was a cross-dresser.:laugh:

For what he had to work with that dude was awesome.

Oh, and if Lillian Gish were to come back to life today she'd run screaming out the country after taking a look at what it has become.

Gunny
06-25-2015, 05:18 PM

What was the first talkie? The first one I have is the onlt talkie Lon Chaney ever made. Where he was a cross-dresser.:laugh:

Oh, and if Lillian Gish were to come back to life today she'd run screaming out the country after taking a look at what it has become.

Perianne
06-25-2015, 05:19 PM
Obviously you have no appreciation for silent flicks?

It wasn't silent. It had music playing.

Two, it brought about a resurgence of the Klan, but not in the South, in the upper Midwest; which was the largest the klan has ever been.

Three, it stereotyped blacks as basically animals which led directly to the outlawing of pot. The reasoning behind the outlawing of pot was that blacks would smoke it and rape white women.

I'll give it another shot.

Gunny
06-25-2015, 05:26 PM
It wasn't silent. It had music playing.

I'll give it another shot.

All silent movies had music playing. One of the weirder things was when talkies first came out, there was no music. The atmosphere it created made Dracula and Frankenstein classics. You will find however, that most early talkies had no music. I think the tunes came back around 34 or so.

And "Birth of Nation" does kind of suck so I wouldn't bother trying it again unless you just want to. I got to watch it in sociology class. That and reefer madness. I was so stoned I had to close one eye.:laugh:

tailfins
06-25-2015, 06:07 PM

What my mom said about modern women:
They would just as soon show their ass than their face. She meant that not only to describe them physically, but their behavior.

Voted4Reagan
06-25-2015, 06:24 PM
What my mom said about modern women:
They would just as soon show their ass than their face. She meant that not only to describe them physically, but their behavior.

This is a TEST of the TAILFINS Misogyny based Board Trolling System

If this had been a Post with any content or relevence it would have come from another poster.

This concludes this TEST.

Please do not feed the Troll...