PDA

View Full Version : Orthodox Christians Must Now Learn To Live as Exiles in Our Own Country

tailfins
06-27-2015, 04:02 PM
http://time.com/3938050/orthodox-christians-must-now-learn-to-live-as-exiles-in-our-own-country/

Voting Republican and other failed culture war strategies are not going to save us now.
Discerning the meaning of the present moment requires sobriety, precisely because its radicalism requires of conservatives a realistic sense of how weak our position is in post-Christian America.

The individualism at the heart of contemporary American culture is at the core of Obergefell — and at the core of modern American life.

Abbey Marie
06-27-2015, 05:12 PM
I think this nicely sums up the reason for our hope.

From a Washington Post article I read today:

The Supreme Court can do many things, but the Supreme Court cannot get Jesus back in that tomb. Jesus of Nazareth is still alive. He is still calling the universe toward his kingdom.

revelarts
06-27-2015, 05:30 PM
Christians have lived in countries hostile the faith since Jesus rose from the dead.
America was created a safe haven by Christians, those days are gone.

If we didn't know it before we are now living in Babylon or Rome. take you pick.
We are now Daniels, Pauls and Esthers.

People who were imagining that any old RINO republicans, a strong military and free markets were going maintain a 'white anglo saxon generically protestant AMERICA" instead of the grace of Jesus Christ, Christian principals and holy living are in for some disappointments. and an awaking i hope.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-27-2015, 05:51 PM
Christians have lived in countries hostile the faith since Jesus rose from the dead.
America was created a safe haven by Christians, those days are gone.

If we didn't know it before we are now living in Babylon or Rome. take you pick.
We are now Daniels, Pauls and Esthers.

People who were imagining that any old RINO republicans, a strong military and free markets were going maintain a 'white anglo saxon generically protestant AMERICA" instead of the grace of Jesus Christ, Christian principals and holy living are in for some disappointments. and an awaking i hope.

Some of us predicted this when the obama tyrant was sworn in the first time..
Remember that supposedly both swearing ceremonies were messed up so he did it twice each time?
Thats because he swore one time on the bible and the second time on the Koran.
Remember , no witnesses each second swearing in ceremony except those few chosen by he and his people.-Tyr

06-27-2015, 07:14 PM
Flee to Zion. That's what's been in my heart and on my mind. The time will come when those who wish to find peace will have to take refuge in Zion.

The city on the hill. It starts when we let Christ change our lives and families.

aboutime
06-27-2015, 07:27 PM
As a Christian. I now refuse to allow anyone in this, or any other nation to tell me how I must learn to live. I am not now, and never will be an exile to please anyone who hates me, or my beliefs.

To put it bluntly. Even if they say there is no Higher Power. They can all GO TO HELL.

My faith is stronger than the combined hatred of the ignorant, stupid, and phony Bible thumpers, who are convinced only they will be eligible to defend against hatred.

Drummond
06-27-2015, 07:33 PM
As a Christian. I now refuse to allow anyone in this, or any other nation to tell me how I must learn to live. I am not now, and never will be an exile to please anyone who hates me, or my beliefs.

To put it bluntly. Even if they say there is no Higher Power. They can all GO TO HELL.

My faith is stronger than the combined hatred of the ignorant, stupid, and phony Bible thumpers, who are convinced only they will be eligible to defend against hatred.:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:: clap:

Perianne
06-27-2015, 09:34 PM
Obama promised change.

LongTermGuy
06-27-2015, 09:38 PM
Obama promised change.

:) :poke:

http://createyourownmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/1388543680224.jpg

aboutime
06-27-2015, 09:47 PM
Obama promised change.

OBAMA LIES! And he has been doing it since long before he was CROWNED.