PDA

View Full Version : Heaven

Perianne
06-28-2015, 07:03 PM
When we die, I believe our souls go somewhere. I think most religions believe that, too.

So, who gets to go to Heaven?

tailfins
06-28-2015, 07:05 PM
When we die, I believe our souls go somewhere. I think most religions believe that, too.

Whosoever accepts the death of Jesus on the cross as payment in full for their sins will go to Heaven and no one else.

Noir
06-28-2015, 07:07 PM
Not me.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-28-2015, 07:23 PM
Not me.

Roger that...... :laugh:--Tyr

gabosaurus
06-28-2015, 07:46 PM
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Remember that God is all seeing and all knowing. Your blustering and posturing may impress your fellow man, but God knows what is in your heart. And He will be the only judge where you stand before the Kingdom of Heaven.

Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.

Drummond
06-28-2015, 08:50 PM
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Remember that God is all seeing and all knowing. Your blustering and posturing may impress your fellow man, but God knows what is in your heart. And He will be the only judge where you stand before the Kingdom of Heaven.

Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.

If God were to judge you, right now, Gabby, based on your DP contributions ... what do you think His verdict would be ?

Jeff
06-28-2015, 09:20 PM
I believe Gabs and tailfins have it covered pretty well but I would also add that those that repent, those that will do Gods work and yes God does know your true feelings and doings , so there is no hiding.

Perianne
06-29-2015, 08:36 PM
Whosoever accepts the death of Jesus on the cross as payment in full for their sins will go to Heaven and no one else.

While I agree with that, what about all the other religions? Are they all wrong and we are the only ones who know the truth?

tailfins
06-29-2015, 08:38 PM
While I agree with that, what about all the other religions? Are they all wrong and we are the only ones who know the truth?

In a word: Yes.

aboutime
06-29-2015, 09:05 PM

Perianne. At my age, and based on my past ten years of being tested with life, and death situations. I can only admit, based on how I was brought up to believe there is a God. That, when I close my eyes for the last time, and take my last breath. I can only hope God will find that I have lived my life as he wanted.
Truth is, and most will disagree with this. When I die. I won't know it. But it will make me mad because that is when I lose control of my life, and give it to God.

darin
06-30-2015, 05:38 AM

That's pretty fucked-up and unbiblical on its face. Christ says there are lots ofple who accept his death as payment who will enter into eternal torment.

Who the hell are you? Somebody hack your account?

Voted4Reagan
06-30-2015, 05:48 AM
I want to go to Valhalla when I depart the Earth.

They get Women, Mead, Beer, Feasts every night and Fight all dayt.

Then they get up and do it again the next day.

bullypulpit
06-30-2015, 06:09 AM
The problem with revealed religions, like Christianity, is that their dogma can be interpreted...by anyone...to mean whatever they think it means. So whether one goes to some glorious after-life or not seems to depend on the whims of those who have, by their own claim, divined the will of some omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent being beyond human comprehension, and are the self-selected messengers of that being-on-earth.

darin
06-30-2015, 06:14 AM
The problem with revealed religions, like Christianity, is that their dogma can be interpreted...by anyone...to mean whatever they think it means. So whether one goes to some glorious after-life or not seems to depend on the whims of those who have, by their own claim, divined the will of some omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent being beyond human comprehension, and are the self-selected messengers of that being-on-earth.

whoa...the ghost of BP??? :) Hiya!

indago
06-30-2015, 06:27 AM
Not me.

Of course not: you're gay...

Jeff
06-30-2015, 06:47 AM
Of course not: you're gay...

:lol::lol::laugh::laugh::laugh::lol::lol:

Now that's funny, I don't care who ya are.

Loralei
06-30-2015, 10:17 AM
I believe in Heaven. Born and raised Catholic in a fairly strict military environment.
Through the years, I've explored other religions, but always returned to my roots.
Dad would have approved. :salute:

bullypulpit
08-01-2015, 07:16 PM
whoa...the ghost of BP??? :) Hiya!

No ghost...just done with grad school. ;)

jimnyc
08-01-2015, 07:26 PM
No ghost...just done with grad school. ;)

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?50883-Bullypulpit-executive-orders

So that I don't have to chase for years for an answer, nor you have a reason to ignore hundreds of requests by running. :)

gabosaurus
08-01-2015, 10:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eT464L1YRA&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nREV8bQJ1MA

Gnostic Christian Bishop
08-03-2015, 03:10 PM

Do you really believe that go9od people who do not believe in Jesus would end in hell?

Even people like Ghandi?

Even the billons of good Buddhists and those of other religions that have led good lives?

Regards
DL

Yet he loved his own son so little that he would not step up himself to fill his own requirements of a sacrifice.

That is not love to any moral father or mother.

Are you a parent?

Would you have your child sacrificed or would you step up?

Regards
DL

We Gnostic Christians are Universalists and believe in the full equality of all people.

To us, we see that we all contribute to make people evil.

Let me give an example of why God would have to be a Universalist if he maintains fairness and justice.

Hitler would not have been born evil. He, like all of us would have been born good. He became evil because of all the information and input into his character that made him the monstrous man he became. I do not know or care who exactly facilitated his fall into such depravity but they and really, all those who did not fight against that contributed to it. If God were to condemn Hitler to hell, then to maintain justice he would have to condemn the thousands or millions that either helped him or failed to hinder him.

Those same rules of condemnation would apply to all of us so God would either have to condemn us all for being exactly what he created, or spread the blame equally and save us all.

Regards
DL

AllieBaba
08-03-2015, 03:39 PM
We Gnostic Christians are Universalists and believe in the full equality of all people.

To us, we see that we all contribute to make people evil.

Let me give an example of why God would have to be a Universalist if he maintains fairness and justice.

Hitler would not have been born evil. He, like all of us would have been born good. He became evil because of all the information and input into his character that made him the monstrous man he became. I do not know or care who exactly facilitated his fall into such depravity but they and really, all those who did not fight against that contributed to it. If God were to condemn Hitler to hell, then to maintain justice he would have to condemn the thousands or millions that either helped him or failed to hinder him.

Those same rules of condemnation would apply to all of us so God would either have to condemn us all for being exactly what he created, or spread the blame equally and save us all.

Regards
DL
People are born equal..they don't remain equal. God does, and will, make distinctions between people based on their obedience and love for Him.

Voted4Reagan
08-03-2015, 03:44 PM
People are born equal..they don't remain equal. God does, and will, make distinctions between people based on their obedience and love for Him.

Ignore him Allie.... debating Gnoggie is like banging your head against the wall.

You cant debate a Troll... and Gnoggie is the biggest here.

Gunny
08-03-2015, 03:57 PM

Damn. I thought you posted a Bryan Adams song.:laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eT464L1YRA

Voted4Reagan
08-03-2015, 04:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3RSlUkw9U0

Gnostic Christian Bishop
08-03-2015, 04:21 PM

You are correct in that we do not remain equal. Tell us why not please and make my point.

Regards
DL

This was apparently created by Christian. Do you understand his logic and do you agree with it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztDgyOKej1k

Regard
DL