PDA

View Full Version : Walmart Refused To Make His Confederate Flag Cake, See What Happens When He Asks For

Jeff
06-28-2015, 09:16 PM
Check this out, Walmart refuses to make a Confederate flag cake but has no problem making a ISIS battle flag cake, now granted they may not of known what the cake they where making stood for, but it seems to me if you are worried about flags I sure as hell would of made sure before I made it.

Given the many national chains that stopped selling confederate flags after the Charleston, South Carolina, church massacre, Chuck Netzhammer couldn’t have been too surprised that Walmart denied his request to create a cake bearing the image of the confederate flag. But a day later, Netzhammer decided to put the store’s convictions to the test. He said he submitted another cake request to the Walmart in Slidell, Louisiana, on Friday — this time with the Islamic State flag on top. Surely a no-no for Walmart, yes? Nope.

<iframe src="http://launch.newsinc.com/?type=VideoPlayer/Single&widgetId=1&trackingGroup=69016&siteSection=libertyalliance&videoId=29295565" scrolling="no" noresize="" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="no" height="332" width="590"></iframe>

http://conservativevideos.com/walmart-refused-to-make-his-confederate-flag-cake-see-what-happened-when-he-asked-for-cake-with-isis-flag/

Kathianne
06-28-2015, 09:38 PM
Just, wow.

red state
06-28-2015, 10:24 PM
revolting...we may as well go get our pray rugs. I'm sure Walmart didn't know what the heck they were printing but the fact remains.....people don't know their facts and even if they do, they still play the PC game and give iSLUM a pass. Bottom line is in their stand on the Duke's of Hazzard car....or the Duck Dynasty tees. Surely that is simply a liberal area. I remember a bit of culture shock years ago on my first trip to Kissimmee, FL. Most folks seem to speak Spanish (Cuban Spanish) and the store clerks/shelf boys didn't have a clue as to what a HUSHPUPPY was. We had caught a bunch of Red Snapper, Flounder and crab and needed good ole hush puppies to go with all of it. The biggest culture shock, however is that most Walmarts down there do NOT carry fire arms or even BB guns. WOW! I just got a glimpse of what the South will look like in 20 years (or less). God help the yankees and the East & left coast! They are already where we will be (or worse) and will probably be under the Mexican or Isis flag altogether.

Jeff
06-29-2015, 05:47 AM
revolting...we may as well go get our pray rugs. I'm sure Walmart didn't know what the heck they were printing but the fact remains.....people don't know their facts and even if they do, they still play the PC game and give iSLUM a pass. Bottom line is in their stand on the Duke's of Hazzard car....or the Duck Dynasty tees. Surely that is simply a liberal area. I remember a bit of culture shock years ago on my first trip to Kissimmee, FL. Most folks seem to speak Spanish (Cuban Spanish) and the store clerks/shelf boys didn't have a clue as to what a HUSHPUPPY was. We had caught a bunch of Red Snapper, Flounder and crab and needed good ole hush puppies to go with all of it. The biggest culture shock, however is that most Walmarts down there do NOT carry fire arms or even BB guns. WOW! I just got a glimpse of what the South will look like in 20 years (or less). God help the yankees and the East & left coast! They are already where we will be (or worse) and will probably be under the Mexican or Isis flag altogether.

That's the fact that bothers me, I am sure they didn't know what it meant just the same as they don't know what the confederate flag is about, maybe they ought to educate themselves from someone other than Obama or Sharpton.

Kathianne
06-29-2015, 06:21 AM
That's the fact that bothers me, I am sure they didn't know what it meant just the same as they don't know what the confederate flag is about, maybe they ought to educate themselves from someone other than Obama or Sharpton.

When it comes to Walmart, I believe they have been making decisions based upon criticism from the left for years now. They were targeted by the left as an example of the 'evil big business' and criticized about wages, insurance, service, etc.

For years Walmart ignored them and went about their business. In the past few years, that's changed.

Interesting thing is that Walmart in essence is now taking their lead from folks that never have and never will be their customer base. With some decisions they are actually putting themselves in the position of alienating their customers while making choices that will raise their prices, resulting in more loss of business.

Jeff
06-29-2015, 06:33 AM
The way I understand it Kat, Sam's Kids are running it badly, they are trying to keep cost down by buying cheaper products to sell, so I am sure they are trying at this point to turn everything around. When I first seen a Wally World they had reasonable prices and a decent product, that is the reason they put all the Mom and Pop shops out of Business, they tried to sell a decent product for a decent price and have a lot of choices, now that the kids are running things they have gone much more liberal and are trying to make money faster. When I built my shop I bought all the electrical supplies there and had to take everyone back to exchange because they either broke while installing them or they just didn't work, and folks that I knew working there explained to me they where changing to different suppliers.

jimnyc
06-29-2015, 06:38 AM
You can't get the Confederate flag anymore, but no issue getting an Iranian flag either!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Annin-Flagmakers-190171-3-ft.-x-5-ft.-Indoor-and-Parade-Colonial-Nyl-Glo-Iran-Flag-with-Fringe/36520920

Jeff
06-29-2015, 06:41 AM
You can't get the Confederate flag anymore, but no issue getting an Iranian flag either!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Annin-Flagmakers-190171-3-ft.-x-5-ft.-Indoor-and-Parade-Colonial-Nyl-Glo-Iran-Flag-with-Fringe/36520920

I just have the Ol Lady make my cakes anyway, the heck with Sam. :laugh:

Kathianne
06-29-2015, 06:43 AM
I wish I could sew and had a bit of $$. Seems to me there is a big opening to make a business here. I may not get the flag deal, but there's money in those flags and symbols! :laugh2:

Jeff
06-29-2015, 06:47 AM
I wish I could sew and had a bit of $$. Seems to me there is a big opening to make a business here. I may not get the flag deal, but there's money in those flags and symbols! :laugh2:

The Tattoo shop I hang around at has had a few come in to get them tattooed this last week, I guess just like guns when Obama speaks of outlawing them the gun shops all sell like crazy that week, well I guess folks are figuring if they get the flag tattooed no one can take it ( or so they hope :laugh: )