PDA

View Full Version : New Tattoo

Jeff
06-29-2015, 07:25 AM
My buddy was bored so he asked if I wanted one, why not. I always wanted the praying hands and when he drew it up it looked good.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7407&stc=1

jimnyc
06-29-2015, 07:28 AM
I like it!! Now put some ointment on it, it looks dried out! :)

Jeff
06-29-2015, 07:30 AM

Heck Bro all that ointment does is make a mess, I put a tiny bit of lotion on it 3 - 4 times a day, in this picute he had actually just got done and wiped it clean so there wasn't anything on it at the time.

BJ_WA
07-01-2015, 07:34 PM
Nice!

My guy said to not put anything on the tattoo
just keep it out of the sun. I used sun screen
for awhile but now nothing. He gives free tune ups
if they fade. I got my first tattoo last summer at
age 66.

I'm looking at a Celtic raven for next one. I
have a picture of the one I like with wolf but
will change the head to a raven.

LongTermGuy
07-01-2015, 07:41 PM
*Looks good man....! :poke: Just pump them tiny arms up a bit more...

:laugh2:

Jeff
07-02-2015, 06:49 AM
Nice!

My guy said to not put anything on the tattoo
just keep it out of the sun. I used sun screen
for awhile but now nothing. He gives free tune ups
if they fade. I got my first tattoo last summer at
age 66.

I'm looking at a Celtic raven for next one. I
have a picture of the one I like with wolf but
will change the head to a raven.

Age makes no difference, Tattoo's are a way to show your feelings. Most ( if not all ) tell a story from my life. Just make sure what ever you get you truly want and also that the artist is the best you can find around, I am 52 ( soon to be 53 ) and at my age my skin is much harder to tattoo than say a 25 year old, a good artist will realize that and go much slower as not to cause blow outs, I have one tatt that I got in Cherokee and yes I checked the guys work and watched him tattoo before allowing him to tattoo me, he did great work, but he didn't know how to work on older skin, the Tatt I have from him looks to be one of the oldest I have, you can't make much of it out, he had blow outs all over. My guy hes explained and showed me exactly what happened, as you get older you skin gets weak and it is very easy to get blowouts ( ink running in other places than where you put it )

Post some pictures of the one you got and the one you want, I would love to check them out.

OOO and welcome, haven't seen you on before !!!

Jeff
07-02-2015, 06:51 AM
*Looks good man....! :poke: Just pump them tiny arms up a bit more...

:laugh2:

Them arms is tired :laugh: But they still can do most things I want, not all that they could at one point, but that is what the index finger is for, it pulls a trigger very nicely. :cool:

Abbey Marie
07-02-2015, 11:56 AM
Age makes no difference, Tattoo's are a way to show your feelings. Most ( if not all ) tell a story from my life. Just make sure what ever you get you truly want and also that the artist is the best you can find around, I am 52 ( soon to be 53 ) and at my age my skin is much harder to tattoo than say a 25 year old, a good artist will realize that and go much slower as not to cause blow outs, I have one tatt that I got in Cherokee and yes I checked the guys work and watched him tattoo before allowing him to tattoo me, he did great work, but he didn't know how to work on older skin, the Tatt I have from him looks to be one of the oldest I have, you can't make much of it out, he had blow outs all over. My guy hes explained and showed me exactly what happened, as you get older you skin gets weak and it is very easy to get blowouts ( ink running in other places than where you put it )

Post some pictures of the one you got and the one you want, I would love to check them out.

I think the same thing happens with face makeup, lol. Is there anything good about getting old?

BJ_WA
07-02-2015, 12:03 PM

I'll work on the picture.

My guy could not believe I was 66 when he did it. My skin is pretty good for an old duffer. It's my joints that are going. lol

jimnyc
07-02-2015, 01:36 PM
Heck Bro all that ointment does is make a mess, I put a tiny bit of lotion on it 3 - 4 times a day, in this picute he had actually just got done and wiped it clean so there wasn't anything on it at the time.

One of mine got infected, or a rash, because of too much neosporin once. Now I only use bactine spray like 3x per day.

BJ_WA
07-02-2015, 01:56 PM
I'm wanting this for my back left shoulder only with a Raven head.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7424&stc=1

jimnyc
07-02-2015, 02:06 PM
That's nice! I have a decent amount of tribal, various colors.

Abbey Marie
07-02-2015, 02:08 PM
I'm wanting this for my back left shoulder only with a Raven head.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7424&stc=1

Does it have a special meaning (if so, what?), or do you just like the way it looks?

BJ_WA
07-02-2015, 02:15 PM
I have a thing about ravens and like the tribal look from the Celtic side of my family. We're all a mix - Scot, English, French, Czech, and Austrian for me. Ravens and crows I love. I fed the crows and love the way ravens talk, if that makes sense?

Abbey Marie
07-02-2015, 02:16 PM
I have a thing about ravens and like the tribal look from the Celtic side of my family. We're all a mix - Scot, English, French, Czech, and Austrian for me. Ravens and crows I love. I fed the crows and love the way ravens talk, if that makes sense?

Most people do not see the beauty in a crow. That's nice of you to feed them.
:beer:

BJ_WA
07-02-2015, 02:23 PM
I feed all the birds and crows will eat about anything I throw in the yard (front only), the back yard is for small birds but the crows are getting bolder and coming to the seeds when times are hard.

I'll think about posting my tattoo's - of course they all have personal meaning.

Jeff
07-02-2015, 05:31 PM
One of mine got infected, or a rash, because of too much neosporin once. Now I only use bactine spray like 3x per day.

They say the use of the Bactine is OK but I am using a hand lotion type thing, it just helps moisten the skin, it takes about a week of looking like trash and then it pops, All that neosporin and the other stuff they use to swear by they say don't use at all no more, wash it twice a day with a liquid soap, spray a couple of times with bactine and put lotion on ( a very tiny amount ) a few times a day.

Heck just got off the phone with my buddy, going in tomorrow for some more work.

BJ_WA
07-04-2015, 01:08 AM
Here you go, my tattoos from last summer: Celtic Compass Rose and Scottish thistle.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7433&stc=1

Jeff
07-04-2015, 06:38 AM
OK so I got a bit more yesterday.

The two guns are tiny, we placed a dime between them just so you can get a idea of how small and how much detail in a tiny Tattoo my boy did, the other is just my initials, I had them done but they never stayed all black ( the guy in NJ that did them orginally told me he would have to redo them and heck that is a bit of a ride for me :laugh: so my boy redid it.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7437&stc=1

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7436&stc=1

jimnyc
07-04-2015, 08:56 AM
^^^ My initials are done in tribal work, you got the big bold huge letters for the old folks! :lol:

All my tats are all over the board somewhere, too lazy to take more. But I do want another, just so damn expensive here. I want a portrait of my dog, but that will be well over $300 here. I have a tribal piece I want, probably around $250.

Jeff
07-04-2015, 09:10 AM
^^^ My initials are done in tribal work, you got the big bold huge letters for the old folks! :lol:

All my tats are all over the board somewhere, too lazy to take more. But I do want another, just so damn expensive here. I want a portrait of my dog, but that will be well over $300 here. I have a tribal piece I want, probably around $250.

Come on down, One of the boys at the shop his specialty is portraits, he told me he would hook you up, as far as tribal, heck what you can get it for up there I bet it is half down here.

jimnyc
07-04-2015, 09:14 AM
Come on down, One of the boys at the shop his specialty is portraits, he told me he would hook you up, as far as tribal, heck what you can get it for up there I bet it is half down here.

Tribal I would do, but the reason I haven't done the portrait yet is I barely trust anyone. I don't care if people say they can do them or not, most come out looking different. I would never let Dom do it!! Jonathan Shaw in NY would be one, but he's WAY too expensive. I just get nervous with something that will be on me till I croak!

Jeff
07-04-2015, 09:18 AM
Tribal I would do, but the reason I haven't done the portrait yet is I barely trust anyone. I don't care if people say they can do them or not, most come out looking different. I would never let Dom do it!! Jonathan Shaw in NY would be one, but he's WAY too expensive. I just get nervous with something that will be on me till I croak!

We have a boy name Tasi down here, he looks like a big dam monster of sorts, but if you watch him Tatt he has the softest touch, I have seen him do portraits and he is fantastic, My buddy does them but he isn't no where near Tasi, I watched Tasi do a portrait of a guys 2 daughters and the tattoo looked exactly like the picture, this guy is good.

Abbey Marie
07-04-2015, 11:08 AM

I think Nero would make a more interesting tattoo. :cool:

jimnyc
07-04-2015, 12:19 PM
I think Nero would make a more interesting tattoo. :cool:

He'll hopefully be there someday too!! I don't want him to come out looking like a deformed leopard though!! :)

http://i.imgur.com/EBqjZD5.jpg

Gunny
07-04-2015, 12:22 PM

Dried out is the arm. Guy's got to be in his 50s.:laugh:

jimnyc
07-04-2015, 12:23 PM
Dried out is the arm. Guy's got to be in his 50s.:laugh:

I don't even know how old Jeff is for sure? LOL Some brother huh? And he doesn't know mine either I bet, unless he was reminded the other day and remembers! I think Jeff is 53?

Gunny
07-04-2015, 12:27 PM
I don't even know how old Jeff is for sure? LOL Some brother huh? And he doesn't know mine either I bet, unless he was reminded the other day and remembers! I think Jeff is 53?

Well, you know what they say about those adopted little brothers .....:laugh:

Speaking of new ... I have a new step-granddaughter. She was born at 1:20 AM the 4th of July. Now if I can just make the sperm donor "vanish" .....

jimnyc
07-04-2015, 12:31 PM
Well, you know what they say about those adopted little brothers .....:laugh:

Speaking of new ... I have a new step-granddaughter. She was born at 1:20 AM the 4th of July. Now if I can just make the sperm donor "vanish" .....

Congrats on the first part and good luck on the second! LOL :)

Abbey Marie
07-04-2015, 02:27 PM
He'll hopefully be there someday too!! I don't want him to come out looking like a deformed leopard though!! :)

http://i.imgur.com/EBqjZD5.jpg

A deformed leopard who looks like Yoda! :laugh2: