PDA

View Full Version : Speaking Of Marital Discord

Kathianne
06-30-2015, 10:44 PM
http://www.wsj.com/articles/youre-loading-the-dishwasher-wrong-a-chore-and-a-power-struggle-1435682078

You’re Loading the Dishwasher Wrong: A Chore and a Power Struggle

...Bosch says more than 40% of Americans fight about loading the dishwasher, with 61% of them arguing over whether to pre-rinse dishes. Some 39% of those who argue say they disagree on whether knives should point up or down, and 30% differ on whether plastic containers must go on the top rack.

GE defines different loading styles and makes sure each rack design can accommodate the range of methods. “Protectors,” for example, want to load utensils with the handle up, so that the eating end isn’t touched when unloading; “organizers” just want to load and unload everything as fast as possible, Mr. Spanyer says. GE’s dishwashers with a third rack enable “protectors” to have a dedicated home for utensils, but a traditional utensil basket on the lower rack is included, too, so “organizers” have the option to get it over with fast.

“Curators” are the most particular users, Mr. Spanyer says. “They will place all their tall plates together, even though they don’t have to,” he says.

tailfins
06-30-2015, 10:46 PM
I don't have that problem. I don't go near a dishwasher, except to repair it.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-01-2015, 07:26 AM
http://www.wsj.com/articles/youre-loading-the-dishwasher-wrong-a-chore-and-a-power-struggle-1435682078
I rarely ever wash dishes but will when my wife is tired, sick or just needs to see me help her on a busy week.
I cook more often than ever wash dishes , that helps her as well. We do not use a dishwasher, she prefers doing it by hand to make sure its done right.
Before we married, I ran this home by myself caring for my daughter for four long years--then I did all of that and worked my job too!-Tyr

Jeff
07-01-2015, 07:28 AM

This is a such a true statement, I have been married twice and in both I tried to help with such things as putting dishes in the dish washer, until I was told I was doing it wrong, well heck by all means don't let me mess things up, have at it, same goes for pushing the vacuum, how many ways can you vacuum a rug :laugh: but again I have been told I am doing it wrong so again have at it. :laugh:

Kathianne
07-01-2015, 07:36 AM
I thought the article funny, seems men take it a bit more seriously. :laugh2:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-01-2015, 07:38 AM
This is a such a true statement, I have been married twice and in both I tried to help with such things as putting dishes in the dish washer, until I was told I was doing it wrong, well heck by all means don't let me mess things up, have at it, same goes for pushing the vacuum, how many ways can you vacuum a rug :laugh: but again I have been told I am doing it wrong so again have at it. :laugh:

Unless you did it wrong on purpose to avoid having to help do it--which I did as a young man married to my first wife.:laugh:
Of course my working 70/80 hour weeks so often gave me cause to shirk some home duties like helping wash dishes, clean the house or even help do laundry.-Tyr

NightTrain
07-01-2015, 07:41 AM
I cook often and do dishes sometimes... but usually the dishwashing is the job of my resident teenagers. The eye-rolling and Sighs Of Martyrdom gets everything especially clean!

There's really only one way to get in a whole lot of trouble when dishwashing. Sharon has an expensive set of Henckels (professional knives) that she cherishes, and no kid is allowed to use. Hell is coming to breakfast if she finds one of her Henckels in the dishwasher.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-01-2015, 07:42 AM
I don't have that problem. I don't go near a dishwasher, except to repair it.

That manual labor Hoss, why would you stoop to do that?
That is why you lounge in an office taking crap to make the big money.
Thus being able to afford to pay others for doing such menial tasks, right?? ;) --Tyr

jimnyc
07-01-2015, 08:16 AM
The kitchen is mine, and I'm kinda OCD about it now. The silverware goes away a certain way, and even goes in the dishwasher a certain way. Lots of bulky things they want to put in there, while there are a lot of things I prefer to do by hand. I take care of like 98% of the dish cleaning and putting away. The cleanliness of the kitchen is also mine. Laundry is mine. Vacuuming is mine. Sweeping is mine. Dusting? I claim I do, but not so much. I do my bathroom while she does hers. Food shopping throughout the week is mine, but we also order the majority from Freshdirect which comes straight to our kitchen in a box.

I also fix things like the HVAC, the truck, the new generator installation, our massive pump system to make sure we don't flood... I pickup the phone and call people to come fix them! :laugh: