PDA

View Full Version : Another historic black church burns in South Carolina

Jeff
07-01-2015, 06:31 AM
I seriously hope that this isn't the work of a racist group but rather just damage from a storm, but I am afraid with the entire country ( except those directly involved ) up in arms over the killings in Charleston, well I am afraid it is bringing out the racist on both sides. The article says there has been other fires at predominantly black churches, no matter what your beliefs ( no matter how stupid ) your racist beliefs ought not be taken out on a place of worship IMO.

A historic African-American church in South Carolina that was burned down by the Ku Klux Klan in 1995 caught fire again Tuesday night, though authorities say it is too soon to say what had caused the blaze. No is believed to have been in the church at the time.
The fire at the Mount Zion African Methodist Episcopal church in Greeleyville broke out at a time when federal authorities are investigating other fires at other predominantly black churches – including one near Aiken – but so far the fires don’t appear to be related.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/01/another-historic-black-church-burns-in-south-carolina/?intcmp=latestnews