PDA

View Full Version : Queen’s Guard Pulls Gun On Annoying Tourist

jimnyc
07-01-2015, 05:06 PM
Would have been hilarious if he shot the idiot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP2QID8707g

Kathianne
07-01-2015, 07:00 PM
Yup, like the Swiss Guard, they look ornamental but there's more there.

jimnyc
07-01-2015, 07:13 PM
They take their jobs very seriously, and good for them, and I think they should be respected for such. I see a lot of folks fucking with them, trying to make them laugh and doing other dumb things around them like they were there for amusement. More should respond like this guy. Notice the guy backed off rather quickly!! :laugh:

Kathianne
07-01-2015, 07:23 PM
They take their jobs very seriously, and good for them, and I think they should be respected for such. I see a lot of folks fucking with them, trying to make them laugh and doing other dumb things around them like they were there for amusement. More should respond like this guy. Notice the guy backed off rather quickly!! :laugh:
I think they're trained to take the hecklers, that guy's mistake was touching a soldier with an auto rifle. Not the brightest bulb.

Drummond
07-01-2015, 07:52 PM
I think they're trained to take the hecklers, that guy's mistake was touching a soldier with an auto rifle. Not the brightest bulb.

Exactly. Those soldiers are trained to tolerate a lot. But having a tourist touch the soldier, nearly touching the gun he carried, crossed a line from mere tolerance to a compromising form of abuse. That element of compromise was something that couldn't be tolerated, and wasn't.

Despite the ceremonial display, people forget that those are genuine, fully trained soldiers, deserving of all appropriate respect.

They embody much of what I respect in British forces. Stoic, yet dedicated, capable of ultra-discipline combined with, when necessary, implacably ruthless purposefulness. You mess with a British soldier to your extreme, somewhat brain-dead (as that tourist showed) peril.