PDA

View Full Version : 4th of July

NightTrain
07-01-2015, 05:44 PM
What are everyone's plans for the 4th?

We're heading up to the cabin tomorrow, got a lot of lumber and another ATV to haul up in the boats. King Salmon should be in nicely, as well!

Hope everyone has a fun & safe long weekend.

Gunny
07-01-2015, 06:24 PM
What are everyone's plans for the 4th?

We're heading up to the cabin tomorrow, got a lot of lumber and another ATV to haul up in the boats. King Salmon should be in nicely, as well!

Hope everyone has a fun & safe long weekend.

What are we supposed to celebrate? The capitulation of the United States? Hell. Even Jimmy Carter said Obama sucked at foreign policy. Coming from Jimmy Carter, you just got SERVED.:laugh:

jimnyc
07-01-2015, 06:29 PM
Might hike it to the harbor and watch the fireworks show this year. Nowhere to park so it's best to just walk from home. Gotta remember to record some of I go! Outside of that, probably not much else besides seeing how much food I can eat in one day.

I wish I had fireworks of my own. I used to be able to get them everywhere when I was a kid. Used to buy mats of firecrackers and gross of bottle rockets. M80's were fairly easy to be found, as were roman candles. All the typical stuff. Much more fun to shoot off the fireworks yourself, and shooting them at family and friends instead of up into the sky! :laugh2:

Kathianne
07-01-2015, 06:50 PM
Might hike it to the harbor and watch the fireworks show this year. Nowhere to park so it's best to just walk from home. Gotta remember to record some of I go! Outside of that, probably not much else besides seeing how much food I can eat in one day.

I wish I had fireworks of my own. I used to be able to get them everywhere when I was a kid. Used to buy mats of firecrackers and gross of bottle rockets. M80's were fairly easy to be found, as were roman candles. All the typical stuff. Much more fun to shoot off the fireworks yourself, and shooting them at family and friends instead of up into the sky! :laugh2:

Did you hear the FBI cancelled all time off for agents for the long weekend? http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/06/breaking-fbi-fbi-cancels-all-vacations-for-agents-over-4th-of-july-weekend/

According to our inside source — FBI agents are telling their friends and family members to avoid “official celebrations.”

http://www.wilx.com/home/headlines/ALERT--State-Police-Ask-For-Vigilance-Over-Holiday-Weekend-311314211.html

While we all want to relax over the Fourth of July holiday weekend, Michigan State Police have a request. The agency is asking everyone to be on the lookout for any suspicious activity.

If you see anything that seems out of place, or just doesn't feel right, call your local police department right away or dial 911.

The warning follows a similar announcement by the FBI to stay alert for possible terror threats this July 4th weekend.

Michigan State Police say there are no known threats at this time.

I'm thinking I may take a ride to Flagstaff, there's not much doing in Sedona and it will be cooler there. ;)

jimnyc
07-01-2015, 06:52 PM
Or I might be watching the Macy's Fireworks show once again

NightTrain
07-01-2015, 07:20 PM
What are we supposed to celebrate? The capitulation of the United States? Hell. Even Jimmy Carter said Obama sucked at foreign policy. Coming from Jimmy Carter, you just got SERVED.:laugh:

We're celebrating my jetboat and King Salmon!

BJ_WA
07-01-2015, 07:28 PM
We're celebrating my jetboat and King Salmon!

I miss that! We'd fly down to Polly Creek, land on the beach, catch 4 silvers, fly back to Merrill Field and head to the Bush Club for a beer and a show.

I'm going to grill a beer can chicken, get out the M1A and give it a cleaning, just in case.

LongTermGuy
07-01-2015, 07:30 PM

Jimmy Carter doesn't want to go out known as the "worst" he`s just covering his ass....:laugh:

*Visiting friends...do some eating...4 wheelin and shooting..

tailfins
07-01-2015, 07:32 PM
Since we finally have a nice house, we aren't travelling this year. Such are the joys of leaving the Northeast behind.

Jeff
07-02-2015, 07:48 AM
A nice long ride up into the cool mountains and then come home and get the grill going, a for the fireworks I think we will have enough right in my yard so we won't have to go anywhere this year.

NightTrain
07-02-2015, 11:21 AM
I miss that! We'd fly down to Polly Creek, land on the beach, catch 4 silvers, fly back to Merrill Field and head to the Bush Club for a beer and a show.

I'm going to grill a beer can chicken, get out the M1A and give it a cleaning, just in case.

I didn't know you used to stomp around up here! Polly Creek, across the inlet from Ninilchik? When we go clamming, the Clam Gulch / Ninilchik area is where we go, usually camped out at the big waterfall on the beach a couple miles south of Clam Gulch.

I haven't been to the Bush Company in many years... but as a young man, I certainly attended the shows! Pricey booze, but the entertainment was top notch. :beer:

darin
07-02-2015, 11:49 AM
Saving my mortars for my daughter's 16th Bday Party sunday...the 4th will be 'prep the pool for my daughter's bday party'.

BJ_WA
07-02-2015, 11:56 AM
I didn't know you used to stomp around up here! Polly Creek, across the inlet from Ninilchik? When we go clamming, the Clam Gulch / Ninilchik area is where we go, usually camped out at the big waterfall on the beach a couple miles south of Clam Gulch.

I haven't been to the Bush Company in many years... but as a young man, I certainly attended the shows! Pricey booze, but the entertainment was top notch. :beer:

Yup, there's a big clamming operation there now with a small village of illegal immigrants doing the clam digging. I can get Polly Creek razor clams at several restaurants in the area.

We always had a beer, watch a couple of entertainers, then head to Stewart Anderson's or the Sheraton when they still had a restaurant open for dinner.

I miss it all. I've not been back since 2009 when we scattered my bother's ashes over a glacier.

Abbey Marie
07-02-2015, 12:04 PM

Remind me to NEVER be in your vicinity on the 4th!

Abbey Marie
07-02-2015, 12:05 PM
Saving my mortars for my daughter's 16th Bday Party sunday...the 4th will be 'prep the pool for my daughter's bday party'.

Lordy, she's 16?!

Abbey Marie
07-02-2015, 12:06 PM
Since we finally have a nice house, we aren't travelling this year. Such are the joys of leaving the Northeast behind.

We are looking to move TO New Hampshire in a few years. :cool:

As for the 4th, probably head to the beach for fireworks (for those in the area, LBI)

Abbey Marie
07-02-2015, 12:20 PM
A picture from the beach where we are headed:

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11026190_10207523763557746_7493796168565848603_n.j pg?oh=6b5d6800deae67c81345415d1750ad62&oe=55E7944C

NightTrain
07-02-2015, 12:57 PM
Yup, there's a big clamming operation there now with a small village of illegal immigrants doing the clam digging. I can get Polly Creek razor clams at several restaurants in the area.

We always had a beer, watch a couple of entertainers, then head to Stewart Anderson's or the Sheraton when they still had a restaurant open for dinner.

I miss it all. I've not been back since 2009 when we scattered my bother's ashes over a glacier.

Next time you're up here and looking for a steak, do yourself a favor and drive down to the Double Musky in Girdwood. They make a pepper steak that makes Stuart Anderson's Cattle Co. look like McDonalds.

WiccanLiberal
07-02-2015, 07:57 PM
Not big plans. V4R is at a trade show all weekend. Says he already made about $500. I may take in a movie. Still not sure. Just glad I don't have to work tomorrow. The train was enough of a nightmare this evening. I walk with a cane when I commute (can't handle stairs well without it) and I absolutely refuse to stand on the darned train when I take it every day and these tourons take over on the holiday eves and Fridays. (Tourons = Tourist + Morons). So I chased the little special snowflake 20 something out of the disabled seating and she had to stand to drink her oversized beer. Have to say I was smiling inside the whole way home.

PixieStix
07-02-2015, 08:56 PM
I am going to celebrate my independence from the rest of the world for the weekend. :coffee:

Except for you guys, of course :thumb:

Abbey Marie
07-02-2015, 09:14 PM
I am going to celebrate my independence from the rest of the world for the weekend. :coffee:

Except for you guys, of course :thumb:

Good idea, Pixie :thumb:

PixieStix
07-02-2015, 09:18 PM
Good idea, Pixie :thumb:

I bought me some pre-cut watermelon and lots of coffee creamer :coffee:

Loralei
07-02-2015, 10:50 PM
I have to work the 4th, but hope to catch the boom booms if I can get away in time.