PDA

View Full Version : 7-4-07

Mr. P
07-04-2007, 09:36 PM
"While the storm clouds gather far across the sea,
Let us swear allegiance to a land that's free,
Let us all be grateful for a land so fair,
As we raise our voices in a solemn prayer.

God Bless America.
Land that I love
Stand beside her, and guide her
Thru the night with a light from above.
From the mountains, to the prairies ,
To the oceans, white with foam
God bless America
My home sweet home."

glockmail
07-04-2007, 09:47 PM
:salute:

Joe Steel
07-05-2007, 05:20 AM
USA

RIP

It's gone.

Bush killed it.

The pardon is the one monarchical power that the framers of the Constitution assigned the presidency. But they placed one restriction, that it could not be exercised for impeachment. In other words, the president could not use his power to pardon himself. Bush is entirely within his narrow right to use the pardon power in the Libby case. But it violates the spirit, if not the letter, of the law governing that power because it is a consummate gesture of self-exoneration, at least if the vice president is an "entity within the executive branch." Bush rewards Libby's cover-up, thwarting the investigation into Cheney's and perhaps his culpability. Bush's commutation is the successful culmination of the obstruction of justice.

Since 1776, on every July Fourth, the Declaration of Independence has been posted in public places, published in newspapers and read aloud. Its bill of particulars contains these two passages defining royal tyranny and justifying revolution:

He has obstructed the Administration of Justice by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary Powers. ... For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws and altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments.

Happy Fourth.

Bush and Cheney walk, too (http://www.salon.com/opinion/blumenthal/2007/07/03/libby/)

remie
07-05-2007, 02:09 PM
USA

RIP

It's gone.

Bush killed it.

ARGO

Hagbard Celine
07-05-2007, 02:20 PM
:wank2:

glockmail
07-05-2007, 03:03 PM
Looks like liberals really love this country. :rolleyes:

Abbey Marie
07-05-2007, 03:05 PM
Looks like liberals really love this country. :rolleyes:

It could also be a generational thing. How many people in their 20's do we know who mock patriotism, Christianity, traditional values, etc.?

OCA
07-05-2007, 03:05 PM
Far as I know the U.S.A. is still here and going strong in spite of liberals who hate her.

Joe sucks.

glockmail
07-05-2007, 03:14 PM
It could also be a generational thing. How many people in their 20's do we know who mock patriotism, Christianity, traditional values, etc.?
Thinking about the young people I know of that age range, I'd say the ones with conservative parents have respect for this country, while those with liberal ones don't, in general.

Abbey Marie
07-05-2007, 03:17 PM
Thinking about the young people I know of that age range, I'd say the ones with conservative parents have respect for this country, while those with liberal ones don't, in general.

In general, I'd agree, though like in the 60's, I see more mockery across the board than I used to see. The good thing is, people tend to become more conservative as they gain in age and wisdom. At least in the past that has been the case.

glockmail
07-05-2007, 03:22 PM
In general, I'd agree, though like in the 60's, I see more mockery across the board than I used to see. The good thing is, people tend to become more conservative as they gain in age and wisdom. At least in the past that has been the case.

What's that saying? If you're young and a republican you have no heart, but if your old and a democrat you have no brains. :laugh2:

nevadamedic
07-05-2007, 03:24 PM
:salute:

nevadamedic
07-05-2007, 03:24 PM
ARGO

Argo?

remie
07-05-2007, 03:28 PM
Argo?

ARGO f**k yourself (directed to Joe Steel)

07-05-2007, 04:36 PM
USA

RIP

It's gone.

Bush killed it.

Yes of course. Because of all the things out there that can destroy America we are all supposed to believe commuting the Sentence of an innocent man is going to be the one that does it. Naturally.

Trigg
07-05-2007, 04:52 PM
USA

RIP

It's gone.

Bush killed it.

If this was true you wouldn't have record numbers of people becoming American citizens and many more sneaking in illegally. :salute:

Joe Steel
07-06-2007, 06:10 AM
Yes of course. Because of all the things out there that can destroy America we are all supposed to believe commuting the Sentence of an innocent man is going to be the one that does it. Naturally.

Innocent?

Even if you think he lied for the best of purposes, he's not innocent. He committed perjury to obstruct a federal investigation. That makes him an enemy of the American People not an innocent bystander.

Bush let him get away with it despite being responsible for enforcing the laws of the United States. That makes him an enemy of the American People.

When an American president violates his oath of office to cover-up his own crimes and receives the support of a significant portion of the citizenry in doing it, the country is in trouble.

Joe Steel
07-06-2007, 06:13 AM
If this was true you wouldn't have record numbers of people becoming American citizens and many more sneaking in illegally. :salute:

Not so.

Most immigration to the U. S. is from Central and South America and the southwestern Pacific. The U. S. see very little immigration from the Europe and Japan. That says we're better than banana republics but not as good as progressive democracies.