PDA

View Full Version : Bought new sheets and blanket

jimnyc
07-02-2015, 01:32 PM
And I'm a guy, we do this once every 10 years or so, in lieu of cleaning the old ones! I didn't get the typical sheets. These are much softer, like a real soft T shirt, if that makes any sense. Thicker, but softer. I bought a cotton blanket for the summer which won't sweat me out like the arctic blanket that I just took off. Now I can't wait to go to bed tonight. :)

Abbey Marie
07-02-2015, 01:41 PM
Sounds like Jersey knit sheets. My daughter loves those, too.

How on earth were you still under a heavy blanket? Is your AC set to 50 degrees?

jimnyc
07-02-2015, 01:56 PM
Sounds like Jersey knit sheets. My daughter loves those, too.

How on earth were you still under a heavy blanket? Is your AC set to 50 degrees?

Oh shoot, that's EXACTLY what they are!! How'd you know from my lame description? LOL

AC is set anywhere from 60-66, depending if it's boiling outside or not. Yes, I'm an air freak. I moved in here in 1999, put a window unit in this room, and it hasn't turned off since! :) Ok, not true, this is the 3rd one. Each one has been about 5 years before they about died and then I just replace with the most efficient one out there. So this one is gonna need replacing soon I suppose.

Ask Jeff what I looked like down in Georgia without the air. I thought I was about to die when we went fishing, literally. I was overheating like a dog in a car. So I went to Jeff's truck, started it up, and placed my head about an inch from the air and brought myself back to life in about 20 minutes.

Abbey Marie
07-02-2015, 02:04 PM
Oh shoot, that's EXACTLY what they are!! How'd you know from my lame description? LOL

AC is set anywhere from 60-66, depending if it's boiling outside or not. Yes, I'm an air freak. I moved in here in 1999, put a window unit in this room, and it hasn't turned off since! :) Ok, not true, this is the 3rd one. Each one has been about 5 years before they about died and then I just replace with the most efficient one out there. So this one is gonna need replacing soon I suppose.

Ask Jeff what I looked like down in Georgia without the air. I thought I was about to die when we went fishing, literally. I was overheating like a dog in a car. So I went to Jeff's truck, started it up, and placed my head about an inch from the air and brought myself back to life in about 20 minutes.

Must be that second X chromosome. :cool:

jimnyc
07-02-2015, 02:08 PM
Must be that second X chromosome. :cool:

They're so soft, and I figured they would offset the cotton blanket which will breathe. Admittedly, while it is cold in my room, the arctic blanket was going to be the death of me. Best blanket in the world for winter though!!

Abbey Marie
07-02-2015, 02:10 PM
The best lightweight blanket I ever bought was made of bamboo. Sounds rough, but actually, it was the softest, drap-iest blanket ever. I had to get rid of it, though, because both before and after washing, it shed little pieces of it like crazy.

jimnyc
07-02-2015, 02:12 PM
The best lightweight blanket I ever bought was made of bamboo. Sounds rough, but actually, it was the softest, drap-iest blanket ever. I had to get rid of it, though, because both before and after washing, it shed little pieces of it like crazy.

Bamboo? Don't they beat people with that stuff in some countries? LOL That's some strong stuff out in the wild. Also have some in my fishy tank.

Abbey Marie
07-02-2015, 02:14 PM
Bamboo? Don't they beat people with that stuff in some countries? LOL That's some strong stuff out in the wild. Also have some in my fishy tank.

Yup, come to think of it, maybe that's why I found pieces of it everywhere. It was reproducing like bamboo is known to do!

Kathianne
07-02-2015, 08:31 PM
Yup, come to think of it, maybe that's why I found pieces of it everywhere. It was reproducing like bamboo is known to do!
Indeed! I have bamboo growing in front courtyard. it's a monster!

PixieStix
07-02-2015, 09:17 PM
From soft sheets to bamboo in the front yard. :laugh:

I just found that to be funny :laugh:

gabosaurus
07-02-2015, 10:24 PM
I love Jersey Knit sheets! We get ours from Bed, Bath and Beyond. I believe they are called Pure Beech.

Since we live in SoCal, we don't really need AC. We have central heating.

Jim would not be happy in my cousin's home in the Dallas area. His thermostat is set at 77 in the summer. He enjoys the warm weather.

Jeff
07-03-2015, 08:14 AM
And I'm a guy, we do this once every 10 years or so, in lieu of cleaning the old ones! I didn't get the typical sheets. These are much softer, like a real soft T shirt, if that makes any sense. Thicker, but softer. I bought a cotton blanket for the summer which won't sweat me out like the arctic blanket that I just took off. Now I can't wait to go to bed tonight. :)

I am beginning to have my doubts Bro, you bought the soft ones, ooo how nice, did you also get the pads that make you feel fresh and safe all day long. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

jimnyc
07-03-2015, 08:22 AM
I am beginning to have my doubts Bro, you bought the soft ones, ooo how nice, did you also get the pads that make you feel fresh and safe all day long. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hey, Mom raised no dummy! Memory foam bed, awesome topper, now great sheets, (I stole awesome pillows from Janeen's work!)...

But I must admit, I froze my ass off last night! My butt is used to my heavy blanket, and this cotton blanket wasn't nearly as warm. I woke up at 3am to use the bathroom, turned the air from 62 up to 66, then I put on my oversized furry bathrobe and got back in bed!

Jeff
07-03-2015, 08:24 AM
Hey, Mom raised no dummy! Memory foam bed, awesome topper, now great sheets, (I stole awesome pillows from Janeen's work!)...

But I must admit, I froze my ass off last night! My butt is used to my heavy blanket, and this cotton blanket wasn't nearly as warm. I woke up at 3am to use the bathroom, turned the air from 62 up to 66, then I put on my oversized furry bathrobe and got back in bed!

Jim remember I have shared a Hotel room with you, cause SE wanted to get warm, you like to sleep in a freezer, :laugh: But I have to admit I would rather be cold than hot any day.

jimnyc
07-03-2015, 08:31 AM
Jim remember I have shared a Hotel room with you, cause SE wanted to get warm, you like to sleep in a freezer, :laugh: But I have to admit I would rather be cold than hot any day.

Yeah, but I wasn't wearing a cotton blanket in the hotel, they give you those massive oversized blankets there too! (btw, have one of them from Janeen's place too!)

Jeff
07-03-2015, 08:36 AM
Yeah, but I wasn't wearing a cotton blanket in the hotel, they give you those massive oversized blankets there too! (btw, have one of them from Janeen's place too!)

You need to grab me one next time there, heck I am thinking of making a road trip with in the next couple of weeks, not sure whether it will be up there or south bound to see dad, or if I can pull it off both, hmmm a month on the road, yea I won't wind up in trouble. :laugh:

jimnyc
07-03-2015, 08:45 AM
You need to grab me one next time there, heck I am thinking of making a road trip with in the next couple of weeks, not sure whether it will be up there or south bound to see dad, or if I can pull it off both, hmmm a month on the road, yea I won't wind up in trouble. :laugh:

If you shoot up this way, I'll pay for the hotel and we'll get a few souvenirs! And of course you come here as well and we'll spoil you as long as you want to stay. Of course you know the family is welcome too, but doubt they would all fit on the bike. :)