PDA

View Full Version : For LongTerm

jimnyc
07-02-2015, 06:55 PM
Nero wasn't pleased about the video at first, but then came around towards the end. Wasn't so bad when he realized he got a free chin rub out of it. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYB6jZKGMjs

LongTermGuy
07-02-2015, 07:12 PM
​Hey Thanks Jim....have not heard you talk about Nero in awhile...Good up-date...he is looking good...man has he grown....! I noticed Nero looking at that Bracelet on your wrist....*I feel he likes it better than the one around his neck:laugh:

jimnyc
07-02-2015, 07:24 PM
Nero is awesome! He's gotten much bigger, he towers over Porter, the Chihuahua. He stalks him, but loves him. If the little guy comes around, Nero will chase on him and jump on him, or gently tap at him with his paws. But no matter what, he really only gets a growl, a snarl, or ignored. But they coexist perfectly and neither wants to harm the other. And I see the curiosity getting to Porter more and more. He's more scared of him than anything.

But Nero is the opposite of Porter, very outgoing, always wants to play. You still have to be careful though, as sometimes as you're walking he literally just lands on your shoulder! He hides when he sees me coming and then launches from chairs or the counter so that he can get on my shoulder. He thinks it's a game. LOL

The best part though? The woman adores him as does my son. He's made for an awesome family cat. And did I mention he's friendly? :) He wouldn't harm a fly. Still barely ever see his claws. And when I fight with him he grabs me with his little powder puff paws. But he has no issues with his fangs!!

LongTermGuy
07-02-2015, 08:10 PM
"he towers over Porter, the Chihuahua. He stalks him"

Poor little Porter....Nero is just toughening him up....To expect anything...Improvise and take nothing for granted...Nero is a natural survivalist....I take it you guys don't let him out on his own around the house...yard (am I wrong?) I am sure he would Like to hunt and bring back game...My cat "George" that I had (black and white spotted) Cat...Had his own set boundaries around the house and yard... Kept other cats away and stayed away from strangers....always came home for the night at dinner time..or just laid around the yard during the day...never really wandered off....but every so often would bring back fresh game as a gift...Birds...squirrels and mice...He lived a good full life...He died one day in his favorite chair of old age (vet verified that)....I still miss George.... :)

Abbey Marie
07-02-2015, 09:22 PM
Nero is GORGEOUS!!

jimnyc
07-03-2015, 07:27 AM
"he towers over Porter, the Chihuahua. He stalks him"

Poor little Porter....Nero is just toughening him up....To expect anything...Improvise and take nothing for granted...Nero is a natural survivalist....I take it you guys don't let him out on his own around the house...yard (am I wrong?) I am sure he would Like to hunt and bring back game...My cat "George" that I had (black and white spotted) Cat...Had his own set boundaries around the house and yard... Kept other cats away and stayed away from strangers....always came home for the night at dinner time..or just laid around the yard during the day...never really wandered off....but every so often would bring back fresh game as a gift...Birds...squirrels and mice...He lived a good full life...He died one day in his favorite chair of old age (vet verified that)....I still miss George.... :)

He only goes out with his harness and leash. I like outdoor cats but was always afraid mine would never return. :(

Nero has about 400 fake mice, and he LOVES to play fetch!

Jeff
07-03-2015, 07:48 AM
Nero is black, what does he think about the flag, bet he wants it down as well. There ya go Rev another one on your side. :laugh:

jimnyc
07-03-2015, 07:52 AM
Here's Nero waiting for his suitcase to be opened. That's his personal mouse collection. I accidentally hit the stop button just prior to opening. Tune in for part 2...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVB0zF4R3ZY

jimnyc
07-03-2015, 07:59 AM
And here's his stash. You'll notice when he sees the style that are still in the plastic they came in. He's no dummy, they make a noise when you shake them, and those are his favorites!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8wjzNoDkqM