PDA

View Full Version : Happy 4th of July

Jeff
07-04-2015, 06:22 AM
Well it looks like out 4rth is going to be a wet one, at least for a while. Last night I went to bed at around 3 am and there was a 20% chance of rain today ( yup it was raining then ) at 6 I woke up and it was now at 100% rain ( and still raining ) up at 7 and we are now at 80% ( and still friggin raining ) yup going to be a wet one.

This is the radar in my area, yea I would say 80% covers it. :laugh:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7434&stc=1

Anyway I hope it is nice where y'all are at and y'all have a great 4rth, worst comes to worst and we will have to break out the mason jars, than it doesn't matter rain or shine we have fun. :thumb:

Kathianne
07-04-2015, 06:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ikO6LMxF4

jimnyc
07-04-2015, 08:45 AM
Happy Birthday, America!! :salute:

jimnyc
07-04-2015, 09:05 AM
http://i.imgur.com/svJ86IQ.jpg

Kathianne
07-04-2015, 09:27 AM
Probably a better choice for the 4th!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTY0V8GaeFI#t=134

BJ_WA
07-04-2015, 10:19 AM
Have a great 4th everyone.

It's going to be hot and sunny here in the NW and I'll take it.

WiccanLiberal
07-04-2015, 11:43 AM
Happy Independence Day America. Hope all here have a good day. Mine is going to be a bit contemplative. My Dad would have been 90 today had he lived. Hard to imagine what he would be like at that age. He always seemed so much larger than life to me. http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7439&stc=1

WiccanLiberal
07-04-2015, 08:30 PM
I decided to rewatch the first three episodes of The Last Ship for this season on demand. Emma is passed out on the ottoman. The neighbors are doing their best to reenact scenes from WWII - if I am lucky a few of the deserving will eliminate themselves from the gene pool. It's not even interesting fireworks. Nothing pretty to look at - just loud noises. Unimaginative to say the least. As for the cats, they periodically wander in to bitch at me that the kibble quotient in their feeder is not at 110%. All in all, pretty normal.

gabosaurus
07-04-2015, 10:33 PM
Today once again confirmed for me the one thing men definitely do better than women: Grilling.

My brother-in-law, dad and father-in-law grilled up some incredibly tasty slabs of meat today. The womenfolk provided the side dishes and did most of the serving. Twas a perfect day for some outdoor dining.
Afterwards, the women cleaned up and the men washed the dishes. Then we watched the Dodgers beat up the Mets. Which is how it should be.

jimnyc
07-05-2015, 06:36 AM
I was angry yesterday. I was desperate for a cheeseburger or sausage and peppers. Nothing here. The local harbor had a fair going on with all the food and rides, and fireworks at night. But everything was bolted down and I would have had to walk there, and no one else wanted to go. So I ended up watching the Macy's show. Had spaghetti for dinner and chips and funyons after!! LOL

But I am going out shortly, buying burgers and all the fixings, and also buying some sweet italian sausage, and some cubanelle peppers, onions and some PIZZA sauce, believe it or not. Grill the sausage, fry the peppers and onions and then add in 8oz of pizza sauce. All goes on good Portuguese rolls!! I'll wash that down with a 6 pack of cheeseburgers. Everyone grilled yesterday and I smelled all the yummy foods, time to make up for lost food!!

Jeff
07-05-2015, 07:20 AM
I was angry yesterday. I was desperate for a cheeseburger or sausage and peppers. Nothing here. The local harbor had a fair going on with all the food and rides, and fireworks at night. But everything was bolted down and I would have had to walk there, and no one else wanted to go. So I ended up watching the Macy's show. Had spaghetti for dinner and chips and funyons after!! LOL

But I am going out shortly, buying burgers and all the fixings, and also buying some sweet italian sausage, and some cubanelle peppers, onions and some PIZZA sauce, believe it or not. Grill the sausage, fry the peppers and onions and then add in 8oz of pizza sauce. All goes on good Portuguese rolls!! I'll wash that down with a 6 pack of cheeseburgers. Everyone grilled yesterday and I smelled all the yummy foods, time to make up for lost food!!

About 4 pm yesterday the weather finally cleared out and it was nice enough to pull the bike out, we rode about 100 miles and it seemed like for each mile we went by another cookout, My goodness the smells where unreal ( even the occasional chicken house didn't ruin the aroma ) well I got home and wasted no time, hamburgers went on the grill immediately, I was also cooking ribs, chicken and Hot Dogs but after all the great smells I figured a good burger would be just the thing to have while I cooked the others :laugh: Well the burgers weren't on for 2 minutes and the gas ran out ( never fails ) but HA, I was ready for it this year and had a back up, needless to say I ate way to much and will pay the price today. :laugh:

jimnyc
07-05-2015, 08:39 AM
Oh well, will be dining solo today! The woman doesn't care for the way I was taught to make the sausage and peppers. She bought 3 nice sized lobster tails as well, and I told her not to freeze them, as they are mainly thawed with a little ice inside to keep them cool. I was told this was "bullying" her. :rolleyes: I don't like many things frozen, as they simply don't taste the same when thawed. Bread is my main complaint. Regular white bread is cool by me, but always tastes funny if you freeze it, and then thaw and eat. Perhaps a personal preference, but telling someone else you don't like your food frozen isn't bullying, or so I thought. Tis ok though, as it'll be cheaper to shop for one, and much less cooking/grilling!! :)

darin
07-05-2015, 09:10 AM
Was beautiful up here - high about 80. No activities yesterday - just prepping for today actually. My daughter's 16th bday party (moved a week from last weekend due to Jeff's rain being up north in our area).

Loralei
07-05-2015, 10:45 AM
I worked yesterday.
Our administrator and his sister treated all staff to a picnic of sorts.
Well, first and second shifts, anyhow.

Hot dogs (that were kept warm in a large roaster) potato salad, baked beans and ice cream sandwiches.

On the way home, I caught the tail-end of the fireworks display.

Jeff
07-05-2015, 11:01 AM
Oh well, will be dining solo today! The woman doesn't care for the way I was taught to make the sausage and peppers. She bought 3 nice sized lobster tails as well, and I told her not to freeze them, as they are mainly thawed with a little ice inside to keep them cool. I was told this was "bullying" her. :rolleyes: I don't like many things frozen, as they simply don't taste the same when thawed. Bread is my main complaint. Regular white bread is cool by me, but always tastes funny if you freeze it, and then thaw and eat. Perhaps a personal preference, but telling someone else you don't like your food frozen isn't bullying, or so I thought. Tis ok though, as it'll be cheaper to shop for one, and much less cooking/grilling!! :)

I have to agree, Laura and I went through this and still do, if she makes something and I don't like it she gets mad if I tell her, heck would she rather I just don't eat it, but she says its the way I tell her, heck nothing like the truth I figure, I tell her it taste like sheot. :laugh: so now I nicley and sarcastically tell her if I had went out to eat and got that I would tell the waitress it taste like sheot, see I am getting better. :laugh:

Was beautiful up here - high about 80. No activities yesterday - just prepping for today actually. My daughter's 16th bday party (moved a week from last weekend due to Jeff's rain being up north in our area).

Happy B day to her dmp, hope y'all have a great time.