PDA

View Full Version : 70% Americans Believe Press Is Intentionally Biased

Kathianne
07-05-2015, 06:51 PM
No surprise there:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/poll-70-percent-of-americans-believe-news-media-is-intentionally-biased/article/2567583

Nearly three quarters of Americans believe the news media reports with an intentional bias, according to a new survey.

The 2015 State of the First Amendment Survey, conducted by the First Amendment Center and USA Today, was released Friday. It shows that only 24 percent of American adults agree with the statement that "overall, the news media tries to report the news without bias," while 70 percent disagree.
When the question was asked last year, 41 percent agreed, a 17-point difference.

Other findings in the survey:

• Only 19 percent of Americans say the First Amendment goes "too far" in the rights that it guarantees. Last year, 38 percent said it went too far, meaning support for the First Amendment has grown.

• 38 percent agree that business owners should be required to provide services to same-sex couples, a 14-point drop from 2013, when the question was first asked.

• 35 percent say the government "should be allowed to deny issuing license plates to a group who intends to display a Confederate flag on the plates," while 56 percent oppose the idea.

aboutime
07-05-2015, 06:56 PM
Kathianne. Without question. Anyone who doesn't see, or refuses to believe the Press is biased. Probably voted for Obama..only because he is black.

I know that's a hard statement. But then. Telling the Truth isn't always welcomed here in our nation anymore.

Abbey Marie
07-05-2015, 07:16 PM
Nice find, Kath. :thumb:

It makes me feel a tad better.

Noir
07-05-2015, 07:18 PM
I'm somewhat concerned for the remaining 30%

aboutime
07-05-2015, 07:26 PM
I'm somewhat concerned for the remaining 30%

No need to be concerned. YOU know them as the voters who elected OBAMA...twice.