PDA

View Full Version : Congrats USA Women!

jimnyc
07-05-2015, 07:55 PM
The women have just won the soccer World Cup with a 5-2 win over Japan (who beat them for the cup in 2011). The US women last won in 1999. Was fun to watch, quite a talented group!

Kathianne
07-05-2015, 08:00 PM
The women have just won the soccer World Cup with a 5-2 win over Japan (who beat them for the cup in 2011). The US women last won in 1999. Was fun to watch, quite a talented group!

I love soccer! I was a soccer mom, though only the youngest played through middle school. The others were pretty much non-athletic, swimming, lifting weights, choir, orchestra, debate teams. LOL! In high school he switched to cross country.

Soccer is a fair weather sport-meaning 'nice weather.' Cross country? Brrrr by end of season. No chairs, the kids run by and can't tell your own from another. Just yell, "kick it up!"

jimnyc
07-05-2015, 08:05 PM
I was an athlete when I was a kid, but still hated soccer. I played some stupid left position (left wing?) on an Italian team for kids. Damn whistle never blows. Takes a lot of stamina for that sport! I'm a sprinter, not a runner for the long haul!

aboutime
07-05-2015, 08:06 PM
<b><font size=3>OUT STANDING! A GREAT WIN FOR AMERICA...AT LAST!</font></b>

Kathianne
07-05-2015, 08:12 PM
I was an athlete when I was a kid, but still hated soccer. I played some stupid left position (left wing?) on an Italian team for kids. Damn whistle never blows. Takes a lot of stamina for that sport! I'm a sprinter, not a runner for the long haul!

I never was much of a 'team player.' LOL! The only teams were 'individual participation' on team. Swimming and gymnastics. I love horseback riding, took lessons for years. Western, not foo foo English. ;)

My brother was though. I think he was in 3rd grade when a soccer team started up at the Y and he loved it, more than baseball or even golf. 2nd year too many had dropped out on his team and those he played against. By the time he was in high school, golf was it. He's a lefty and was offered a golf scholarship to U of I, but he wanted to be a cop. Chose a better school for that. LOL! My son did the same 20 some years later, only it was cross country scholarship he turned down.