PDA

View Full Version : Why Are So Many People FAT???!!!

Pale Rider
07-05-2007, 01:48 AM
Holy FLYING shit! It used to be few and far between you'd see a FAT person. Now... all you SEE are FAT people. The SLENDER one is the rarity. WHY IS THAT? GGEEEZZZUZZ CHRIST PEOPLE.... shut off the conveyor going to the CAKE HOLE!!!

glockmail
07-05-2007, 07:37 AM
Wife and I, now the kids that they are older, have contests to see who can claim finding the fattest person. We do this at amusement parks or places like that. We have categories for fattest, fattest man, fattest woman, fattest couple, fattest family, etc. We have code phrases to alert the others, like "french fries 10 o'clock".

Huge difference in %fat people depending on where you go. Go to a local amusement park and they are a majority. Go skiing and you're lucky to find one. Lots at the beach, unless its a real nice one, like Hilton Head (visited last week and only saw one or two).

Definitly dependent on income level and activity, proving that it has nothing to do with genetics. Sure some people are genetically more likely to be fat, but all make the decision when to stop shoving the fork in their face.

JohnDoe
07-05-2007, 08:09 AM
Why?

Many things have caused the obeisity rate up and made fatter people.

1. When I was young, we had recess in grammar school where we played kick ball and teather ball, or tag, or hide and go seek.

Now many schools have eliminated recess play time, because they have been sued by parents over their children's injuries that have taken place.

2. When I was in high school we had gym/Physical education, every day of the school week.

Because of budget restraints, or imo because of poor management, schools have eliminated gym classes for the most part to save money.

3. When I was young most women did not work, or worked part time, they were home with their children and sent them OUTSIDE to play, while they cooked a home made whole some and balanced dinner.

Now, with near all women working outside of the home, along with their husbands, (just to make ends meet in many cases), parents feel safer having their kids stay inside the home, until one of them gets home from work.

And, FATTY fast foods end up on the table for dinner, because the woman does not have the same time to cook a wholesome meal.

4. When I was young, we had one tv, and Dad controlled it, which meant it was either baseball or the news. During the day when home from school Mom would not let us watch it.

Outside we went, to play... usually some sort of Ball with the neighborhood kids, if not Ball then we were exploring, climbing trees.

5. COMPUTERS keeps both adults and children sedentary.

No computers when I was a kid, or in my early adulthood. We got out of the house to do things and to communicate, and mingle with others.

Lack of exercise is the maine problem, not necessarily the food intake, imo.

Monkeybone
07-05-2007, 08:25 AM
i was lazy but i am working on it now...

i eat cause i am sad, and i am sad that i eat

dan
07-05-2007, 08:29 AM
Huge difference in %fat people depending on where you go. Go to a local amusement park and they are a majority. Go skiing and you're lucky to find one. Lots at the beach, unless its a real nice one, like Hilton Head (visited last week and only saw one or two).

Hilton Head is great, possibly my favorite place in this state.

glockmail
07-05-2007, 08:56 AM
Hilton Head is great, possibly my favorite place in this state.
That was my first time there. I was very impressed by the clientle. No tats, body piercings, beer guts, thongs, loud or rude behavior. It was very family oriented, classy. We rented a 2 bedroom condo close to the lighthouse for $1500 for the week, not bad for that area. Lots of walking, bike riding, roller blading. I only gained 4 pounds that week. I'll definitely go back.

Dilloduck
07-05-2007, 08:57 AM
Holy FLYING shit! It used to be few and far between you'd see a FAT person. Now... all you SEE are FAT people. The SLENDER one is the rarity. WHY IS THAT? GGEEEZZZUZZ CHRIST PEOPLE.... shut off the conveyor going to the CAKE HOLE!!!

Maybe people just don't give a damn anymore about their health or what they look like.

JohnDoe
07-05-2007, 09:04 AM
I only gained 4 pounds that week. I'll definitely go back.

:laugh2::laugh2:

Man, isn't that the way it goes on vacation! I usually gain 10 lbs. from excessive drinks/food.

glockmail
07-05-2007, 09:25 AM
:laugh2::laugh2:

Man, isn't that the way it goes on vacation! I usually gain 10 lbs. from excessive drinks/food.

When I went to Cancun about 5 years ago I laid on my back or sat on my ass all day, ate 5 meals per day but didn't drink all that much, and gained 6 pounds in one week. That was the first time that had happened and alerted me that I was getting old and had to watch my weight and exercise.

When I went skiing in Colorado last April I ate like a pig but was so active that I gained nothing.

Hagbard Celine
07-05-2007, 09:37 AM

Golden Coral, Ryans and other slop-trough-style restaurants are a start. Then you've also got to remember that things like self-control, personal responsibility and temperance were last seen in America's rearview flipping us the bird as we sped-off down the road in our hummer over a decade ago. Top it all off with the fact that we as a people have replaced God with television and now worship our own decadence, and you have your answer.

Abbey Marie
07-05-2007, 02:16 PM
Teenaged girls with low cut jeans and big belly rolls squishing out over the top are the norm today. And yet the female "role models" get thinner and thinner. Go figure.

Hagbard Celine
07-05-2007, 02:17 PM
Teenaged girls with low cut jeans and big belly rolls squishing out over the top are the norm today. And yet the female "role models" get thinner and thinner. Go figure.

We need to enact a pro-bulimia program immediately!

Monkeybone
07-05-2007, 02:22 PM
ewww...you mean muffin toppin :puke3: how can they think that a roll of flab is sexy?

Abbey Marie
07-05-2007, 02:23 PM
We need to enact a pro-bulimia program immediately!

Designer barf bags!

Monkeybone
07-05-2007, 02:28 PM
lol, i think it is part technologies fault. it is easier to play a round of halo or what not and eat a pzza or chips or McD's than it is to go for a walk when it is hot out

-Cp
07-05-2007, 02:58 PM
IMO - we're like this now because more excuses have come to fruition - Tons of TV Channels, Video games, Internet, Debate Policy posting all day - you name it .. we have more junk then ever to distract our time away from what we know in our heart of hearts we should be doing...

nevadamedic
07-05-2007, 03:30 PM

They blame it on their Thyroid's now.

nevadamedic
07-05-2007, 03:31 PM
IMO - we're like this now because more excuses have come to fruition - Tons of TV Channels, Video games, Internet, Debate Policy posting all day - you name it .. we have more junk then ever to distract our time away from what we know in our heart of hearts we should be doing...

No, the fat people hide behind their lies of medical issues when it is pure laziness.

Pale Rider
07-05-2007, 03:36 PM

I see this all the time. The bare ROLL hanging out. I do my damndest to not look. I don't even want to see it in my peripheral vision. What on earth makes these little jelly rolls think that's sexy, or that anybody would want to look at it? For Christ sake... COVER IT UP!

Then you have the rolls hanging out that are riddled with STRETCH MARKS! What are these women thinking? :puke3:

Pale Rider
07-05-2007, 03:42 PM
No, the fat people hide behind their lies of medical issues when it is pure laziness.

Oddly enough, I just watched a program on NPR HD about obesity, and they had discovered that there is a missing chemical in some fat people's system that signals to them they're full, and to stop eating. So they constantly feel hungry and continue eating. I guess there is scientific evidence now, but it still boils down to the fact that people over eat. I'm sure it's not the case with all fat people. There's plenty of fat people out there that eat just to eat. They know they're full, but continue eating anyway, because they're depressed, or angry, or feel left out, or, or, or... They've got a ton of excuses, when the fact of the matter is, they eat too much and sit on their ass, and it's purely their own fault.

Trigg
07-05-2007, 04:48 PM
I see this all the time. The bare ROLL hanging out. I do my damndest to not look. I don't even want to see it in my peripheral vision. What on earth makes these little jelly rolls think that's sexy, or that anybody would want to look at it? For Christ sake... COVER IT UP!

Then you have the rolls hanging out that are riddled with STRETCH MARKS! What are these women thinking? :puke3:

Going to the mall I swear every teenage girl is either annorexic or has a belly roll sticking out. Last time one walked by with a short skirt (her legs touched to the knee) and a short shirt (belly roll of course).

Me and the hubby just got back from a 5 mile bike ride, since I'm about 4 pounds from where I like to be. But I'm not feeling to bad about it. I couldn't exercise because we were in a car for 4 yes 4 days driving all over the nation.

Trigg
07-05-2007, 04:50 PM

All right, all right. You can't pick only on the women. There are plenty of men out there wearing no shirt who really need to cover up the beer belly. Especially the hairy beer bellies, yuk.

Pale Rider
07-06-2007, 02:11 AM
All right, all right. You can't pick only on the women. There are plenty of men out there wearing no shirt who really need to cover up the beer belly. Especially the hairy beer bellies, yuk.

You got that right.