PDA

View Full Version : All Stars

Jeff
07-07-2015, 09:13 PM
I am sitting here listening to my sons All Star game on the radio, sounds funny to hear them call his name. He started pitcher and was taken out after the first inning and made a couple of good plays in center field, but it just sounds funny hearing them call the game, sounds like a pro game and then you remember these kids are 11 and 12.

gabosaurus
07-07-2015, 10:13 PM
Why are you listening to your kids game on the radio instead of watching it in person? And who puts youth baseball games on the radio? :dunno:

Kathianne
07-08-2015, 05:34 AM
Why are you listening to your kids game on the radio instead of watching it in person? And who puts youth baseball games on the radio? :dunno:

All Star games, even little league were always covered by local cable stations. Even here in AZ, where one can drive miles and miles without seeing another person, there are 5 'local I stations' that cover all sorts of sports and community activities.

Several of my daughter's Concert Choir performances were covered and repeated by local cable. Granted the audience is limited.

I was curious though if Jeff was listening on the radio while watching the game in person?

Jeff
07-08-2015, 06:44 AM

I was sick, as for who puts them on the radio do you not own a TV, check out the world series of the little league, it is the same age group my youngest is in, it's called the major league and it can get very competitive and yes it does wind up on the radio and TV , not so much where my son is playing at this point, but if they go to state yes that will be televised.

As for checking the little league world serious out I am serious Gabs, some of these kids are outrageous, it is a lot of fun to watch. Heck the last one I remember watching it was a team from the states ( I don't remember the state ) but they where playing a team from Japan, or china, I just remember the oriental thing going on.

jimnyc
07-08-2015, 07:11 AM
Congrats to the kids, another year and another all star team! Wish I was there to go see a game, or maybe smack a few balls like I did last time! Are they traveling far with this team? How much further do they get to go? States?

Jeff
07-08-2015, 07:25 AM
Congrats to the kids, another year and another all star team! Wish I was there to go see a game, or maybe smack a few balls like I did last time! Are they traveling far with this team? How much further do they get to go? States?

This team wont make it very far, to many politics involved, we wound up with mostly 12 year old on the team, see it is a 11 and 12 year old team, but the leagues have now adopted a 10 and 11 year old major league all star league that will only compete in the district ( it was suppose to give kids a chance to play in the all stars that where close to getting there but just weren't quite good enough ) but the guy that runs the league here in town has a 11 year old son that wasn't good enough to make the main team, so he picked the secondary team first and took all the good 11 year old players, we should of had at least 3 of them and dropped 3 of the 12 year old we had and we would of went further.

But the boys will start in 3 weeks fall travel ball, and yes they will travel all over GA and some tournaments are in Florida, just all depends on how good they are. A few years back ( during the all stars ) a woman that had her kid playing with Wyatt was leaving for Edison NJ the next morning, she was staying at the hotel Janeen works at, she was traveling up there for a travel ball game with her daughter ( who by the way went on to a big college with a full scholarship ), and yes I received a call from Janeen asking who the hick was I sent up there. :laugh:

gabosaurus
07-08-2015, 12:38 PM
Jeff, sorry if you have been feeling poorly lately. Hope you will be back out on the field cheering on your son soon.

I suppose my suburban mind is unable to grasp small town radio stations putting youth sports on the radio. It still boggles my mind that 50,000 people attend high school football playoff games in Texas. :eek:
I have no personal experience with youth sports, so I can't grasp the lure of it. Though it I know it is quite popular.
My daughter plays piano, so I am content with that.

Jeff
07-09-2015, 12:54 AM
Jeff, sorry if you have been feeling poorly lately. Hope you will be back out on the field cheering on your son soon.

I suppose my suburban mind is unable to grasp small town radio stations putting youth sports on the radio. It still boggles my mind that 50,000 people attend high school football playoff games in Texas. :eek:
I have no personal experience with youth sports, so I can't grasp the lure of it. Though it I know it is quite popular.
My daughter plays piano, so I am content with that.

Thank you Gabs

Gabs if you ever see the Little League word series on TV check it out, man some of these kids are outrageous, it really is fun watching some of these kids play. And when watching on TV you don't get all the politics and the baloney that goes along with most little league parents.