PDA

View Full Version : Another blow against freedom. new zealand hates freedom

darin
07-08-2015, 12:57 PM
Thought Police gain more ground.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/newzealand/11725668/New-Zealand-makes-internet-trolling-illegal.html

Sickening to realize a free country would allow such bullshit legislation.

jimnyc
07-08-2015, 01:04 PM
Yeah, that's nuts. If someone turned trolling into harassment, there are already legal ways here in the USA to handle that. But stopping free speech on the internet? And TWO years in jail? Damn. I can think of a few twits I would like to turn in for the hell of it if I were over there, but sadly even those fucktards have the same freedoms. And 99.99% of the time users/members have ways to stay away from the person bugging them, but choose not to. You see it mostly on forums, and also on FB. You tell people to use VERY secure privacy settings, or even better, start a new FB account and add ONLY close friends - and they lose their minds!!

darin
07-08-2015, 01:31 PM
And it lets the govt define the difference - sometimes people are pussies and get butt-hurt over the smallest thing. That on them NOT the person writing the "offensive" content

NightTrain
07-08-2015, 01:36 PM
Wow, this will quickly spin out of control.

And it passed with a huge majority, too. WTF are they thinking?

jimnyc
07-08-2015, 01:40 PM
And it lets the govt define the difference - sometimes people are pussies and get butt-hurt over the smallest thing. That on them NOT the person writing the "offensive" content

You said bad words, 2 years for you!! :laugh:

aboutime
07-08-2015, 02:53 PM
Thought Police gain more ground. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/newzealand/11725668/New-Zealand-makes-internet-trolling-illegal.htmlSickening to realize a free country would allow such bullshit legislation. Obviously. New Zealand doesn't enjoy the same FREEDOMS we have here in the USA. Does New Zealand have a constitution with an Equal FIRST AMENDMENT like us???They can do anything they want there, and have little idea what the meaning of FREEDOM actually is if...they can punish their own people for daring to THINK they are really FREE.