PDA

View Full Version : What is "PLAN B"?

JohnDoe
07-05-2007, 12:12 PM
If come September, things are not better in Iraq, and IF the Republicans do join with the Democrats or even if they don't join with the Democrats on redeploying out of Iraq, what is Plan B?

What is the secondary, and new approach, to Iraq, if this one fails?

Over 100,000 Iraqis are being displaced a month due to the sectarian violence.

This means that they are already being divided in to tribal regions.

Do you think that we should be having discussins on whether to divi up Iraq in to 3 regions, and anticipate the possitives and negatives of doing such, if this is what the Iraqis want to do, or are ultimately doing with this civil war of sorts?

Gaffer
07-05-2007, 01:35 PM
I'm sure things will get readjusted as they go along. Right now most of the sunni tribes are coming over to our side. The main fighting is against al queda. sadr's militia is also being targeted.

I don't think a plan B is even considered. But that would be the generals call.

Psychoblues
07-21-2007, 04:10 AM
OMG!!!!!!! You trust your lives and freedoms to anyone that has NO PLAN "B"!!!!!!!!???????

diuretic
07-21-2007, 06:27 AM
Found it.

"Plan B - if things ain't better by September then we simply say, 'well by Christmas it should be all done an' dusted' ".

Psychoblues
07-21-2007, 06:51 AM
And if not then???????

Found it.

"Plan B - if things ain't better by September then we simply say, 'well by Christmas it should be all done an' dusted' ".

At least by New Years Eve!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

Nukeman
07-21-2007, 07:12 AM
plan B.........NUKE EM

just kidding!!!!

I am sure there are a number of contingency plans. Phsyco you for one, with having supposedly been in the military, should be aware of this, you never have only one plan you always have plan B, plan C, plan D, etc..etc...

The problem is if you expose all your contingency plans than the enemy has the ability to adapt and make your plans useless... Much like all of our speculation in this thread!!!!

Psychoblues
07-21-2007, 07:22 AM
Who in hell are you listening to, nuker?

plan B.........NUKE EM

just kidding!!!!

I am sure there are a number of contingency plans. Phsyco you for one, with having supposedly been in the military, should be aware of this, you never have only one plan you always have plan B, plan C, plan D, etc..etc...

The problem is if you expose all your contingency plans than the enemy has the ability to adapt and make your plans useless... Much like all of our speculation in this thread!!!!

I have never for a moment advocated exposure of any American contingency plan and I have never supported anyone that would advocate such a thing. Our Congressional representatives with their power to start or end any American war certainly have the right to at least be aware of contingency plans. Do you disagree?

Nukeman
07-21-2007, 07:52 AM
Where did I say you were advocating the exposure of any contingency plans you were stating that we dont have any and I said I'm sure they have them they just aren't broadcasting them... Work on your reading comprehension please!!!

Who in hell are you listening to, nuker?

I have never for a moment advocated exposure of any American contingency plan and I have never supported anyone that would advocate such a thing. Our Congressional representatives with their power to start or end any American war certainly have the right to at least be aware of contingency plans. Do you disagree?

YES and NO because it seems whenever our congressional body knows to much detail they intern have to tell their staff after all they are on a need-to know. Than ultimately the information gets leaked to the news and its all over from there.

The only way to keep a secret is to tell no one. The more people that know a thing, the more that are going to know it.....

Dilloduck
07-21-2007, 07:59 AM
I'm still waiting to hear Plan A from the Democrats. ( I mean there's gotta be more to it than " run away" ).

JohnDoe
07-21-2007, 08:23 AM
I'm still waiting to hear Plan A from the Democrats. ( I mean there's gotta be more to it than " run away" ).

Your (partisan) drivel is non productive Dillo!

Plan A for the Dems was going along with the President, isn't that what you all have been repeatedly saying..."the dems voted for this war too"?

:poke:

KarlMarx
07-21-2007, 08:59 AM
If come September, things are not better in Iraq, and IF the Republicans do join with the Democrats or even if they don't join with the Democrats on redeploying out of Iraq, what is Plan B?

Do you think that we should be having discussins on whether to divi up Iraq in to 3 regions, and anticipate the possitives and negatives of doing such, if this is what the Iraqis want to do, or are ultimately doing with this civil war of sorts?

perhaps... I wonder why no one has asked those same questions about Bosnia and Kosovo.... we've been there since 1994 (after President Clinton reassured us all that we would be out "in 13 months")...

Dilloduck
07-21-2007, 10:10 AM
Your (partisan) drivel is non productive Dillo!

Plan A for the Dems was going along with the President, isn't that what you all have been repeatedly saying..."the dems voted for this war too"?

:poke:

make up your mind----are the dems going to own up to being part of plan A or not ? If they will indeed own up to being a part of plan A, they sure have managed to try to dissuade everyone of it. How about Plan B (the surge) ? Did they support that or not ? Are they going to give it a chance or do they intend to start sabotaging it half-way through ?

As far as I can tell the opponents to the WOT actually have no plan at all other than to insist we have nothing to worry about.

diuretic
07-21-2007, 08:36 PM
And if not then???????

Just in time for a beer then :coffee:

diuretic
07-21-2007, 08:39 PM

Probably something along the lines of "orderly withdrawal". A damn sight more constructive than "stay the course, stay the course" - which of course is code for, "I'm outa here in eighteen months."

diuretic
07-21-2007, 08:40 PM
perhaps... I wonder why no one has asked those same questions about Bosnia and Kosovo.... we've been there since 1994 (after President Clinton reassured us all that we would be out "in 13 months")...

And what's the body count in Bosnia and Kosovo?

JohnDoe
07-21-2007, 09:17 PM
make up your mind----are the dems going to own up to being part of plan A or not ? If they will indeed own up to being a part of plan A, they sure have managed to try to dissuade everyone of it. How about Plan B (the surge) ? Did they support that or not ? Are they going to give it a chance or do they intend to start sabotaging it half-way through ?

As far as I can tell the opponents to the WOT actually have no plan at all other than to insist we have nothing to worry about.

They are not opponents of the WOT, they are opponents of being in the middle of a no ending, costly in both lives and money, civil war in Iraq that will only be subdued with diplomacy, like FAIR oil contracts that benefit all three sectors of their country....(of which China has offered Iraq a better deal)

so far, this is the MAIN ''hold up'' that is causing the havoc and keeping us there from what i've been hearing and reading on it.

07-22-2007, 03:06 AM
OMG!!!!!!! You trust your lives and freedoms to anyone that has NO PLAN "B"!!!!!!!!???????

Compared you liberals like you who dont even have a plan A? Yeah. Id trust my lives and freedoms to someome who has a plan over someone who doesnt anyday.

diuretic
07-22-2007, 04:06 AM
Compared you liberals like you who dont even have a plan A? Yeah. Id trust my lives and freedoms to someome who has a plan over someone who doesnt anyday.

Bush's Plan A was great wasn't it? :clap: Yep, get after bin Laden in, where was it again? Oh yes, Afghanistan. Pity he didn't stick with it. Nope, he just had to go to Plan Let's Screw This Whole Thing Up and attack Iraq.

Gaffer
07-22-2007, 08:42 AM
The first thing to go when you meet the enemy is the battle plan. All engagements of any size have to have a free flowing plan that can be adjusted as need be, from moment to moment and day to day.

The most classic example is chess. It's possible to plan ahead a few moves but your opponent may make that plan useless in one move.You can't plan twenty moves ahead with expectations of making those moves.

Pulling all your pieces out is not a plan. It just means you lose.

Psychoblues
07-23-2007, 01:48 AM
Are you applying United Staes military objectives to a game that is commonly played on the streets and in the houses of American game players?

The first thing to go when you meet the enemy is the battle plan. All engagements of any size have to have a free flowing plan that can be adjusted as need be, from moment to moment and day to day.

The most classic example is chess. It's possible to plan ahead a few moves but your opponent may make that plan useless in one move.You can't plan twenty moves ahead with expectations of making those moves.

Pulling all your pieces out is not a plan. It just means you lose.

No one has asked for the pieces, guffer. This game is much more complicated than you can imagine!!!!!!!!!!

Dilloduck
07-23-2007, 07:52 AM
Are you applying United Staes military objectives to a game that is commonly played on the streets and in the houses of American game players?

No one has asked for the pieces, guffer. This game is much more complicated than you can imagine!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently it's SO complicated that Democrats have no plan at all other than to resign.

diuretic
07-23-2007, 08:00 AM
Apparently it's SO complicated that Democrats have no plan at all other than to resign.

And Bush's plan? Remember, the bloke that started it? HIs plan is to wait until he leaves and then let a real adult take over and fix his monumental fuckup. He suffers from arrested development. What the hell is he going to do when his folks kick the bucket and can't pickup after him?

You have a pathetic president yet he isn't short of apologists. You sorry bastards, When are you going to wake up to what you've done?

Psychoblues
07-23-2007, 08:01 AM
Personally, I haven't seen many resignations on the part of Democrats lately but the list of con's is extensive.

Is that complicated enough for you? LOL!!!!! Way beyond your comprehension, isn't it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dilloduck
07-23-2007, 08:09 AM
And Bush's plan? Remember, the bloke that started it? HIs plan is to wait until he leaves and then let a real adult take over and fix his monumental fuckup. He suffers from arrested development. What the hell is he going to do when his folks kick the bucket and can't pickup after him?

You have a pathetic president yet he isn't short of apologists. You sorry bastards, When are you going to wake up to what you've done?

What is it that you don't understand about providing a better plan. There may be people who who happily dump the "Bush plan" when presented with something better. It aint about Bush---it's about coming up with a viable strategy other than surrendering.

diuretic
07-23-2007, 08:11 AM
What is it that you don't understand about providing a better plan. There may be people who who happily dump the "Bush plan" when presented with something better. It aint about Bush---it's about coming up with a viable strategy other than surrendering.

Do you have the will to impeach him and Cheney?

If not then don't bullshit to me.

Dilloduck
07-23-2007, 08:12 AM
Personally, I haven't seen many resignations on the part of Democrats lately but the list of con's is extensive.

Is that complicated enough for you? LOL!!!!! Way beyond your comprehension, isn't it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all cons---that's the problem------is consstructive a plan beyond YOUR comprehension? Apparently it is because I haven't heard anyone offer an alternative that doesn't involve surrender.

Dilloduck
07-23-2007, 08:14 AM
Do you have the will to impeach him and Cheney?

If not then don't bullshit to me.

If they were to be impeached, we would still need a plan. Your bullshitting yourself if you can't understand that.

diuretic
07-23-2007, 08:16 AM
all cons---that's the problem------is consstructive a plan beyond YOUR comprehension? Apparently it is because I haven't heard anyone offer an alternative that doesn't involve surrender.

Well you have the Blockhead in Chief that wants to continue it . For crying out loud don't you realise the bloke hasn't got a frigging clue? Don't you realise he has his military chiefs shitting themselves because they can't tell the Blockhead in Chief it's fucked? The plan should be how to get out with minimal damage but no, thst's not acceptable to the Blockhead in Chief.

Jeez. You people, You piss people's lives up against the wall because everyone is too pussy to tell the Blockhead in Chief it's all over.

Gutless bastards.

Dilloduck
07-23-2007, 08:26 AM
Well you have the Blockhead in Chief that wants to continue it . For crying out loud don't you realise the bloke hasn't got a frigging clue? Don't you realise he has his military chiefs shitting themselves because they can't tell the Blockhead in Chief it's fucked? The plan should be how to get out with minimal damage but no, thst's not acceptable to the Blockhead in Chief.

Jeez. You people, You piss people's lives up against the wall because everyone is too pussy to tell the Blockhead in Chief it's all over.

Gutless bastards.

"Getting out with minimal damage" is a plan ? :laugh2:

glockmail
07-23-2007, 09:01 AM

Gutless bastards. What's gutless is siding with the enemy, blaming the WOT on a sitting president, all in the comfort of your keyboard under an assumed name. :pee:

diuretic
07-23-2007, 09:11 AM
"Getting out with minimal damage" is a plan ? :laugh2:

You could stay until the entire US military is broken. That's a plan too.

And it looks like the one Bush has chosen.

Over to you.

glockmail
07-23-2007, 09:20 AM
You could stay until the entire US military is broken. That's a plan too.

And it looks like the one Bush has chosen.

Over to you. We're run over much more formidable enemies than these arab-muzzies and the US military has not been broke yet. You fail to recognize the greatness of the American soldier. Unlike you and your lib co-horts here, there are millions of patriots like me who will always support our troops.

diuretic
07-23-2007, 09:21 AM
What's gutless is siding with the enemy, blaming the WOT on a sitting president, all in the comfort of your keyboard under an assumed name. :pee:

Don't be an idiot. You can slag off anyone here under your assumed name. If yoiu want to get George and Dick's goons to render me you can put me into the forum owner and I can be taken to Uzbhekistan for torture Does that make give you a thrill?

Siding with enemy? LOL. You would have made a great Nazi :laugh2: Bow to to the Fuehrer Bush :laugh2: You really are one of the very few who still believe that Bush is anything but a complete moron aren't you? And they say" oh it could never happen in America, we love freedom too much." You are an example of how the Nazis came to power.

Anyway he's gone soon, the GOP is fucked, they're a rump. That is of course unlesss there's a false flag op and a coup against your Constitution. Which way will you go?

glockmail
07-23-2007, 09:25 AM
Don't be an idiot. You can slag off anyone here under your assumed name. If yoiu want to get George and Dick's goons to render me you can put me into the forum owner and I can be taken to Uzbhekistan for torture Does that make give you a thrill?

Siding with enemy? LOL. You would have made a great Nazi :laugh2: Bow to to the Fuehrer Bush :laugh2: You really are one of the very few who still believe that Bush is anything but a complete moron aren't you? And they say" oh it could never happen in America, we love freedom too much." You are an example of how the Nazis came to power.

Anyway he's gone soon, the GOP is fucked, they're a rump. That is of course unlesss there's a false flag op and a coup against your Constitution. Which way will you go? You're big on tossing out insults to the Prez with no facts to back it up. Typical lib. I'm glad you're stuck in Aussie-land where you at least can't vote. :pee:

Monkeybone
07-23-2007, 09:27 AM
You could stay until the entire US military is broken.

and that's when Canada attacks!

this is one of those sits where no one will be happy. i agree that something else needs to be done, but not a total withdraw

diuretic
07-23-2007, 09:30 AM
You're big on tossing out insults to the Prez with no facts to back it up. Typical lib. I'm glad you're stuck in Aussie-land where you at least can't vote. :pee:

lol -well unless Bush and his arse tumour Cheney pull a coulp the Dems are going to walk in anyway. LOL.

Hagbard Celine
07-23-2007, 09:30 AM
And if not then???????

AND DEEEEEEEEEEN?!!

diuretic
07-23-2007, 09:32 AM
and that's when Canada attacks!

this is one of those sits where no one will be happy. i agree that something else needs to be done, but not a total withdraw

Agreed. Oh not on Canada, they can get cranky about rhe Stanley Cut but I don't think they'd go to war over it :laugh2:

Hell they busted up Vancouver when the Canucks got beaten.......:coffee:

glockmail
07-23-2007, 09:58 AM
lol -well unless Bush and his arse tumour Cheney pull a coulp the Dems are going to walk in anyway. LOL. Looks like you've raised the level of debate about as high as you are able- about gutter level.

GW in Ohio
07-23-2007, 11:50 AM
Nuremburg-type War Trials.

Put Cheney and his sock puppet on trial for creating this mess.

And while we're at it, indict Rummy and Wolfie.

Indict Scooter, too, just on general principles. We know he's guilty as hell.

hjmick
07-23-2007, 12:06 PM
Hell, just indict anyone and everyone who had anything to do with authorizing the use of force in Iraq. From the President on down.

glockmail
07-23-2007, 12:54 PM
Hell, just indict anyone and everyone who had anything to do with authorizing the use of force in Iraq. From the President on down. I agree. That would include as meany Democrats as Republicans. Lets make this a bi-partisan affair. :cheers2:

hjmick
07-23-2007, 01:34 PM
I agree. That would include as meany Democrats as Republicans. Lets make this a bi-partisan affair. :cheers2:

My point exactly. If there is one thing I am absolutely sick of, above all else, it is the way liberals and Democrats walk around pretending that Bush is the only one to blame. Why? Because he is the only one not yelling for us to pull out? Because he wants to stay until Iraq gets it shit together? The old "We broke it, we have to fix it" doctrine. Well guess what? It's true. Iraq is fucked up, if we should have gone in at all it should have waited until we hoisted bin Laden's into the air at the end of a wooden pike. But our government didn't do that, now Iraq is a mess and like it or not it our fault, America's. To leave now, the way things are, would do nothing but undermine even further our already diminishing stature around the globe. You think we're not respected now? Just imagine how we would be percieved if we abandoned Iraq now. It's a mess, it's our mess, not for one second should any Democrat or liberal pretend that Bush could have sent troops into Iraq without the explicit approval of members of Congress from both parties. Hindsight being what it is, I'm sure everyone, and I mean everyone would have done some things differently.

"The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry."

07-23-2007, 01:37 PM
Nuremburg-type War Trials.

Put Cheney and his sock puppet on trial for creating this mess.

And while we're at it, indict Rummy and Wolfie.

Indict Scooter, too, just on general principles. We know he's guilty as hell.

You do understand people have to commit crimes before they can be guilty dont you?

The fact there are people as delusional as you is very scary.

GW in Ohio
07-23-2007, 01:48 PM
You do understand people have to commit crimes before they can be guilty dont you?

The fact there are people as delusional as you is very scary.

You don't understand hyperbole as a forensic device, do you?

glockmail
07-23-2007, 01:48 PM
My point exactly. If there is one thing I am absolutely sick of, above all else, it is the way liberals and Democrats walk around pretending that Bush is the only one to blame. Why? Because he is the only one not yelling for us to pull out? Because he wants to stay until Iraq gets it shit together? The old "We broke it, we have to fix it" doctrine. Well guess what? It's true. Iraq is fucked up, if we should have gone in at all it should have waited until we hoisted bin Laden's into the air at the end of a wooden pike. But our government didn't do that, now Iraq is a mess and like it or not it our fault, America's. To leave now, the way things are, would do nothing but undermine even further our already diminishing stature around the globe. You think we're not respected now? Just imagine how we would be percieved if we abandoned Iraq now. It's a mess, it's our mess, not for one second should any Democrat or liberal pretend that Bush could have sent troops into Iraq without the explicit approval of members of Congress from both parties. Hindsight being what it is, I'm sure everyone, and I mean everyone would have done some things differently.

"The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry."

Knowing what I know now I would have done exactly what I said we should do when we got into this, and I am on record at USMB with this. We should have invaded just like we did, as Iran was a major antagonist in the WOT. After we invaded, we should have broken the country up into three autonomous regions by ethnicity, tied together with a weak federal system that distributes the oil money based on the population percentages that existed then. I would also have a permanent air base which to protect our interests as well as deter Iran and Syria from messing with our allies in the region.

Gaffer
07-23-2007, 05:59 PM
Once again I see no suggestions of what to do. All the Bush haters want to tie up the government in witch hunts and hearings. Not a word from them of what to actually do concerning iraq or any other part of the Long War. While America fights the jihadi's the libs continue to fight Bush.

Way to go guys, keep sucker punching the guy that's protecting your dumb asses.

How many libs here hate Petraus and the other Generals running the war in iraq? Because they are the ones making the plans and doing the job. Bush just signs off on what they suggest. Bush doesn't do any of the planning. He reviews the plans and approves or disapproves them.

Psychoblues
07-27-2007, 02:26 AM
Don't take a dive for anyone that wouldn't do the same for you, Dd.

As far as "consstructive" is a plan, I don't know what in hell you're talking about. Maybe the intelligent withdrawal as espoused by the president would more please you. Maybe not.

red states rule
07-27-2007, 06:19 AM

If libs would take their hate and anger they ahve twoard pres Bush and direct it toward the terrorists - the terrorists would fold up

They see libs as their best chance to win the battle in Iraq

Psychoblues
07-29-2007, 01:40 AM
What is this "if" game you are atempting to play, rsr?

If libs would take their hate and anger they ahve twoard pres Bush and direct it toward the terrorists - the terrorists would fold up

They see libs as their best chance to win the battle in Iraq

"If" my Aunt had balls she would have been my Uncle, correct? How about "if" the President from 1993 until 2001 would have been not so undermined by the Republicans and if the Republicans had been more supporting in that Presidents attempt to knock down Al Queda and Osama Bin Laden we would not be in this mess now? How about that "if"?

red states rule
07-29-2007, 04:52 AM
What is this "if" game you are atempting to play, rsr?

"If" my Aunt had balls she would have been my Uncle, correct? How about "if" the President from 1993 until 2001 would have been not so undermined by the Republicans and if the Republicans had been more supporting in that Presidents attempt to knock down Al Queda and Osama Bin Laden we would not be in this mess now? How about that "if"?

Libs like you follow the Yellow Streak Road - they follow that streak running down their back

The party of appeasement and surrender is the terrorists dream team