PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, No Words!

Kathianne
07-09-2015, 09:22 PM
No 'war on Christians':

http://www.christianpost.com/news/gay-man-files-70m-suit-against-bible-publishers-over-homosexual-verses-33219/#ScaLPskPeyuphSh8.99

Gay Man Files $70M Suit Against Bible Publishers Over 'Homosexual' Verses

By Elena Garcia (http://www.christianpost.com/author/elena-garcia/) , Christian Post Reporter
July 10, 2008|10:19 am

A homosexual man has filed a $70 million lawsuit against Bible publishers Zondervan and Thomas Nelson, alleging that their version of the Bible that refers to homosexuality as a sin violates his constitutional rights and has caused him emotional distress.

Bradley LaShawn Fowler, an ex-con turned author, filed the federal suit in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan on Monday, the same day a judge refused to appoint him a lawyer for his suit against Thomas Nelson, The Grand Rapids Press reported.

"The Court has some very genuine concerns about the nature and efficacy of these claims," the judge wrote.

Fowler, who is representing himself in both cases, claims that Zondervan manipulated Scripture by using the term "homosexuals" in 1 Corinthians 6:9 of their 1982 and 1987 revised edition Bibles. He also contends that the reference to homosexuality were deleted by the publisher in later versions without informing the public.

He alleges that since the older Kings James Version containing the term "homosexuals" is used by his family pastor, he has been outcast by his family.

The 39-year-old is suing the Grand Rapids publisher for compensation of 20 years of "emotional duress and mental instability," he told WOOD-TV in Grand Rapids.

In a hand-written suit, Fowler lists all sorts of charges against Zondervan including malicious negligence, strict liability, malice, libel, and violating his civil rights. He filed a suit in June against Tennessee-based publisher Thomas Nelson on similar grounds. He's seeking $60 million from Zondervan and $10 million from Thomas Nelson Publishing.

Zondervan issued a statement to The Christian Post that said they do not discuss ongoing litigation. The company's spokesperson Tara Powers, however, pointed out that they only publish Bibles, not translate them.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-09-2015, 09:31 PM
No 'war on Christians':

http://www.christianpost.com/news/gay-man-files-70m-suit-against-bible-publishers-over-homosexual-verses-33219/#ScaLPskPeyuphSh8.99

Court can not rule in his favor without adversely affecting that other famous holy book the Koran. I can not wait to see how well that goes over= muslims will make a dead judge rendering such a verdict , dead plaintiff and anybody that tries to strike the verse condemning gays in the Koran.
Notice only the bible has been targeted?
There is that unwritten alliance between the leftists, dems and the muslims.. -Tyr

Perianne
07-09-2015, 09:36 PM
It has only begun. We will see things we would never have believed.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-09-2015, 09:44 PM
It has only begun. We will see things we would never have believed.
If they push me into a corner, the stinking traitorous asshats, will see something they can't believe!-Tyr

tailfins
07-09-2015, 09:44 PM
No 'war on Christians':

The amusing thing is that this plays into the hands of us in the King James only crowd. It is the only English language version of the Bible that is public domain.

LongTermGuy
07-09-2015, 09:58 PM
From comments in the read: Interesting...

"The gay community is so upset with Christians. If they realized how medical coding books are set up to code them they would be irate. ICD-10-CM's code for homosexuality is a mental health disorder called Gender Identity Disorder (GID). Psychiatric Medicine uses the DSM III or IV to code and they code it the same way. If gay people think their lifestyle is normal then why are doctors coding it as a mental illness?

WHO (The World Health Organization) is a committee made of physicians and nurses from all the world; this committee designs our coding books used worldwide so the codes go into a data bank. The information is used for statistics and research.

We can study diseases by age/gender/race and so on by country and regions. Homosexuality is a choice. They aren't born with something like that! Otherwise, it would have a V-code attached to it and it doesn't. I don't have the time or space to explain V-codes. You'll just have to take my word. There's also E-codes. Homosexuality doesn't have one of those either. I'm telling you, physicians and the medical field define this as a mental disorder. Homosexual doctors aren't happy but they keep quiet if they want to practice medicine. less (http://www.christianpost.com/news/gay-man-files-70m-suit-against-bible-publishers-over-homosexual-verses-33219/)"

Perianne
07-09-2015, 10:03 PM
From comments in the read: Interesting...

"The gay community is so upset with Christians. If they realized how medical coding books are set up to code them they would be irate. ICD-10-CM's code for homosexuality is a mental health disorder called Gender Identity Disorder (GID). Psychiatric Medicine uses the DSM III or IV to code and they code it the same way. If gay people think their lifestyle is normal then why are doctors coding it as a mental illness?

WHO (The World Health Organization) is a committee made of physicians and nurses from all the world; this committee designs our coding books used worldwide so the codes go into a data bank. The information is used for statistics and research.

We can study diseases by age/gender/race and so on by country and regions. Homosexuality is a choice. They aren't born with something like that! Otherwise, it would have a V-code attached to it and it doesn't. I don't have the time or space to explain V-codes. You'll just have to take my word. There's also E-codes. Homosexuality doesn't have one of those either. I'm telling you, physicians and the medical field define this as a mental disorder. Homosexual doctors aren't happy but they keep quiet if they want to practice medicine. less (http://www.christianpost.com/news/gay-man-files-70m-suit-against-bible-publishers-over-homosexual-verses-33219/)"

When I was working in ER, a physician actually wrote that a patient had "gay bowel syndrome". I had never heard of that before. It is now considered derogatory.

Kathianne
07-09-2015, 10:04 PM
Gender Identity Disorder (GID)

I'm pretty sure that refers to transgenders. Homosexuality is no longer considered a mental illness.

LongTermGuy
07-09-2015, 10:19 PM

I'm pretty sure that refers to transgenders. Homosexuality is no longer considered a mental illness.

"Considered".... by who?

revelarts
07-09-2015, 10:29 PM
looks like this suit was started in 2008 and it's been dismissed it looks like on several technicalities and general BSery of the suit.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCOURTS-mied-2_08-cv-12572/pdf/USCOURTS-mied-2_08-cv-12572-1.pdf

indago
07-09-2015, 11:30 PM

It is to me...

red state
07-10-2015, 01:01 AM
Court can not rule in his favor without adversely affecting that other famous holy book the Koran. I can not wait to see how well that goes over= muslims will make a dead judge rendering such a verdict , dead plaintiff and anybody that tries to strike the verse condemning gays in the Koran.
Notice only the bible has been targeted?
There is that unwritten alliance between the leftists, dems and the muslims.. -Tyr

SPOT ON!!!!
YOU, SIR, GET ABOUT TEN OF THESE!!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::c lap::clap:

red state
07-10-2015, 01:06 AM
"Considered".... by who?

THE SAME LEFTIST WHO CLAIM AL GOREBAL WARMIN GIS UPON US AND IS MAN-MADE (ALTHOUGH THE EVIDENCE CONTRADICTS THIS LIE). THE PC CROWD HAVE RE-WRITTEN HISTORY BOOKS SCIENCE BOOKS, SCYCHOLOGY BOOKS AND NOW THE BIBLE.

As Tyr reminded us, the Left, like those in the 40's who thought they could use Hitler, found out that they were the ones who were USED. Like Hitler, when the muSLUMs (and B.O.) are done using them.......they will at the same mercy that Hitler gave those who helped place him in power.

Kathianne
07-10-2015, 06:28 AM
"Considered".... by who?

By those that put together the DSM, that was cited in your link.

Kathianne
07-10-2015, 06:40 AM
looks like this suit was started in 2008 and it's been dismissed it looks like on several technicalities and general BSery of the suit.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCOURTS-mied-2_08-cv-12572/pdf/USCOURTS-mied-2_08-cv-12572-1.pdf

You are so correct! I just saw the date on the OP article. My bad. I hate when that happens.

Jeff
07-10-2015, 06:52 AM
It is to me...

I was thinking the same thing, if you like to have things well um y'all know the deal. you have a sick perverted mind period !!!

I worked for the Highway department in NJ and SC, as we all know the rest area's are a gay haven, yup that is why they are shutting them down all over. When we put up a fence at one in NJ on the Garden State Parkway we did everything but tie the fence ( seal the area off ) we put up signs that it would be sealed off at such and such a time, and just as we figured when we went back the next day to tie the fence up the cars where parked in the rest area with no one around. I walked halfway down the trail yelling "Homo's quit what your doing and leave or y'all will be locked in " but of course none came out, but as I walked through the things you see is disgusting, sex toys ( y'all know what I am talking about ) clothing, man it was like a giant perverted party back there, well we no sooner tied the fence up and here they come, wanting to know how they where going to get out, hell I laughed at them and told them to start climbing, but the strange thing was everyone of them that came up out of there ( and there was 4 or 5 ) was soaking wet, it wasn't raining nor was it that hot, I asked what the hell they where doing to each other but got no answers. :laugh:

While working in SC we closed one rest area all together on 26 just north of Columbia, after it was closed I walked back in the woods there and the same stuff I seen in NJ was there, but I also seen a tree ( a small one ) that had been cut down and someone took a knife and carved the end to a point, the tree was still in the ground but only stood maybe two foot high and came to a point, it had what appeared to be a piece of leather wrapped around it and then a leather shoe string tied on to hold the leather in place ( I guess ) that was disgusting and to make matters worse as I walked away there was a pair of underwear laying on the ground, kids underwear, had sponge bob ( or one of those cartoon dudes on them ) now that could of been completely harmless, little kids do have accidents, but it turned my stomach and every time I see fags walking down the road I think of that tree and the little boys draws. So yes in my mind they without a doubt have a mental issue.

Kathianne
07-10-2015, 07:01 AM
I was thinking the same thing, if you like to have things well um y'all know the deal. you have a sick perverted mind period !!!

I worked for the Highway department in NJ and SC, as we all know the rest area's are a gay haven, yup that is why they are shutting them down all over. When we put up a fence at one in NJ on the Garden State Parkway we did everything but tie the fence ( seal the area off ) we put up signs that it would be sealed off at such and such a time, and just as we figured when we went back the next day to tie the fence up the cars where parked in the rest area with no one around. I walked halfway down the trail yelling "Homo's quit what your doing and leave or y'all will be locked in " but of course none came out, but as I walked through the things you see is disgusting, sex toys ( y'all know what I am talking about ) clothing, man it was like a giant perverted party back there, well we no sooner tied the fence up and here they come, wanting to know how they where going to get out, hell I laughed at them and told them to start climbing, but the strange thing was everyone of them that came up out of there ( and there was 4 or 5 ) was soaking wet, it wasn't raining nor was it that hot, I asked what the hell they where doing to each other but got no answers. :laugh:

While working in SC we closed one rest area all together on 26 just north of Columbia, after it was closed I walked back in the woods there and the same stuff I seen in NJ was there, but I also seen a tree ( a small one ) that had been cut down and someone took a knife and carved the end to a point, the tree was still in the ground but only stood maybe two foot high and came to a point, it had what appeared to be a piece of leather wrapped around it and then a leather shoe string tied on to hold the leather in place ( I guess ) that was disgusting and to make matters worse as I walked away there was a pair of underwear laying on the ground, kids underwear, had sponge bob ( or one of those cartoon dudes on them ) now that could of been completely harmless, little kids do have accidents, but it turned my stomach and every time I see fags walking down the road I think of that tree and the little boys draws. So yes in my mind they without a doubt have a mental issue.

I don't support gay marriage and the topic when discussed does make me want a shower. With that said, what I was referring to is what the post was claiming about DSM and disorders. That is all.

Jeff
07-10-2015, 08:00 AM
It is to me...

I don't support gay marriage and the topic when discussed does make me want a shower. With that said, what I was referring to is what the post was claiming about DSM and disorders. That is all.

I like that Kat, very classy way of saying they make me want to puke. :laugh::laugh:

Kathianne
07-10-2015, 08:06 AM
I like that Kat, very classy way of saying they make me want to puke. :laugh::laugh:
I try to keep it civil. :laugh:

Actually if heteros are 'acting out' in public, I don't feel differently.

Jeff
07-10-2015, 03:15 PM
I try to keep it civil. :laugh:

Actually if heteros are 'acting out' in public, I don't feel differently.

I agree 100%, I don't want to watch a woman and a man either, but the thought of two men has my skin crawling.

Abbey Marie
07-10-2015, 05:36 PM
When I was working in ER, a physician actually wrote that a patient had "gay bowel syndrome". I had never heard of that before. It is now considered derogatory.

Oh boy, I can only imagine the details of that particular problem. :rolleyes:

Abbey Marie
07-10-2015, 05:44 PM
I agree 100%, I don't want to watch a woman and a man either, but the thought of two men has my skin crawling.

How judgmental! What are you a repressed Puritan or something? :laugh:

(It is all nauseating to me, but man-on man is the worst.)

Gunny
07-10-2015, 05:57 PM
If they push me into a corner, the stinking traitorous asshats, will see something they can't believe!-Tyr

You load, I shoot.

aboutime
07-10-2015, 06:03 PM
Gender Identity Disorder (GID)I'm pretty sure that refers to transgenders. Homosexuality is no longer considered a mental illness. Kathianne. Gotta agree with you. As long as you are willing to admit they no longer consider it a mental illness since SO MANY OF THEM who no longer make that claim...PROBABLY ARE somewhat, mentally ill.You know? Like the Loony Tune who insists he's not crazy while standing in the fast lane on RT 95, and daring everyone to hit him?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-10-2015, 06:04 PM
You load, I shoot.
Amen.. And when you want a short rest, I'll shoot to add to the score..:beer:--Tyr

LongTermGuy
07-10-2015, 06:43 PM
Amen.. And when you want a short rest, I'll shoot to add to the score..:beer:--Tyr

*​And when you Devil Dogs wanna rest Ill cover for ya....!

KarlMarx
07-12-2015, 08:42 AM
The amusing thing is that this plays into the hands of us in the King James only crowd. It is the only English language version of the Bible that is public domain.

Oddly enough, King James was likely a closeted homosexual himself. No matter. The KJV of the Bible is second to none in its beauty of language and faithfulness to the original meaning of Scripture.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

tailfins
07-12-2015, 09:10 AM

It doesn't make me want to shower, but I keep looking up waiting for God to send down a lightning bolt when homosexuals make their presence known.

fj1200
07-13-2015, 08:22 AM
Oddly enough, King James was likely a closeted homosexual himself. No matter. The KJV of the Bible is second to none in its beauty of language and faithfulness to the original meaning of Scripture.

I don't necessarily disagree but there are certainly other factors to consider. Romans 1 for example:

Now let’s look at the Christian New Testament.Other than the four gospels, Acts, and Revelation, the New Testament consists of letters – letters from one individual to others (http://stopbibleabuse.org/biblical-references/paul/romans.html#).
Don’t feel too ashamed in case you do not always write your personal letters in King James prose; these weren’t either. Instead of the elevated tone and phrasing that bible translations almost invariably provide us with, most of the New Testament was in-the-trenches, among the outcast language, written to laboring people outside privileged society. The letters did not stand on formalities … or kneel on formalities … or even locate themselves anywhere within shouting distance of them. Translators have (probably wisely) cleaned up graphic references (yes, to sex and bathroom functions) and have considerably toned down where Peter told Simon the magician to [*bleeped*].
It is the apostle Paul that made all three supposed mentions of homosexuals in the New Testament. Paul’s fundamental message throughout his writing is that God’s love is all-inclusive, i.e., not that God doesn’t love homosexuals. His letter to Christians in Rome, chapter 1, verses 26 and 27, involve him railing at former Christians who knew God but yet who suppressed truth and chose to worship idols instead.
In the original Greek, the phrase translated as ‘vile affections’ in the KJV does not describe the passions in a normal marriage (or sexually active relationship); instead it characterizes the orgiastic mind-state that pagan rituals created by using alcohol and/or drugs. The people in these rituals are not homosexuals at all but rather heterosexual Christians who had returned to paganism and, as a part of its rituals, not only engaged in heterosexual orgies but, under the effects of peer pressure and stimulants, abandoned their inborn sexual orientation to indulge in same-sex activities (the implication being that “received in themselves” refers to sexually-transmitted diseases, epidemic among such cults at the time). The larger context as a whole deals with people who reject God – and therefore is irrelevant to loving Christians (or Jews or Muslims). And in focusing on lust, it is irrelevant to people in or in search of long-term relationships. Paul’s letter is a commentary both on variation from a person’s faith and from his/her inborn nature. Homosexuals and committed relationships are completely absent here.Paul’s letter to the church in Rome was written to people immersed in Roman culture. Here homosexual behavior was simply a part of the normal environment, unnoticeable (as it also was in Corinth), but Paul’s concern and focus was on pagan religious worship and rituals and their degrading effects on people who had abandoned God and returned to them. Sadly, God let them sink into the natural consequences of their choice – irresponsibility, ignorance, arrogance, and disease.[/QUOTE]
http://stopbibleabuse.org/biblical-references/paul/romans.html