PDA

View Full Version : 'Free' Windows 10 Now Looks A Terrible Deal

tailfins
07-10-2015, 08:49 AM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/07/10/free-windows-10-charges/2/

Promising ‘Free Windows 10′ then delivering ’Freemium (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemium)-Windows-10-Get-Your-Credit-Cards-Out-In-Two-Years’ would be a disaster and right now Microsoft’s ongoing silence about how everything works feels ever more suspicious.

Noir
07-10-2015, 08:54 AM
Microsoft are so behind the curve on this already, and if they peg themselves back some more as 'freemium'? XD

jimnyc
07-10-2015, 09:03 AM
Took me a long time to get rid of that stupid icon trying to trick me into upgrading. I've been good ever since. Then I wake up this morning and that little bastard was back again!! I had to do it again, killing process, deleting folders, uninstalling an update and hiding and all that other crap. I love Windows most of the time, but I wouldn't mind punching the guy in the face that thought this was a good idea to FORCE on Windows users.

PixieStix
07-10-2015, 11:31 AM
I wish I could downgrade to windows 7. I hate windows 8. Looked into windows 10 and decided I would hate it worse than windows 8

NightTrain
07-10-2015, 11:37 AM
I wish I could downgrade to windows 7. I hate windows 8. Looked into windows 10 and decided I would hate it worse than windows 8

I have an add-on that makes Win 8 look and behave like Win 7... works very well.

I'm going to be the guinea pig around here and take the Win 10 plunge. It's all set to download when MS releases it.

PixieStix
07-10-2015, 11:42 AM
I have an add-on that makes Win 8 look and behave like Win 7... works very well.

I'm going to be the guinea pig around here and take the Win 10 plunge. It's all set to download when MS releases it.

I did download an add-on that makes the start menu look like windows 7. At least I can find my music and pics.

Let us know what you think

NightTrain
07-10-2015, 12:05 PM
I did download an add-on that makes the start menu look like windows 7. At least I can find my music and pics.

Let us know what you think

This is the one I use : http://www.iobit.com/en/iobitstartmenu8.php#

And, yeah... hope it goes smoothly for me. I talked to the salesman at Best Buy when I bought this laptop about Win 10, and he said he's been using it for a few months now and he loved it. This guy was pretty savvy about computers, so I'm taking his word for it.

jimnyc
07-10-2015, 12:31 PM

I'm staying with Windows 7 until they come and pry it out of my hands, for now. I'll toy around with 10 when it comes out, but if it's even remotely like 8, I want no part of it. They wanted to make 8 look like a damn cell phone, when it's not. I saw a few things useful if you have a touchscreen, but nothing else. My Dad has 8 and makes it look and behave like 7 too. Shit, I'll stick with 7. It's much easier to make it look like 7 that way! :laugh: