PDA

View Full Version : As Always, Pushing The Step Too Far

Kathianne
07-10-2015, 07:32 PM
Yes, I agree. This is what always happens.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/421046/confederate-flag-slippery-slope-keeps-getting-steeper-professor-calls-punishing

Professor Calls for Punishing Private Confederate Flag Displays as a “Hate Crime”

We’re officially at the “can you top this” stage of the Confederate flag debate, where the intolerant Left competes to make the most extreme cultural and legal demands. As Memphis votes to dig up Confederate bones, an American Studies professor at UMass, Amherst wants to criminalize private displays of the flag:

It is a fine thing that the Confederate flag will no longer fly above the South Carolina state capitol. But displaying the Confederate flag anywhere is, at bottom, an act of hate. It should be recognized as such, and punished as a hate crime.

Given the millions who suffered under the whip of slave masters, and all the families separated as slave traders sold sons and daughters away from their parents, and wives away from their husbands, All Americans should recoil from the Confederate flag with the same horror we feel for the Nazi swastika.

These two paragraphs represent the perfect example of a social justice warrior at work. Willing to not only cast aside the First Amendment but also imprison Americans for private expression? Check. Dredging up idiotic Nazi analogies? Check. Writing it all up in Salon.com? Check. For some on the Left, we’re well past anything resembling an actual argument and on to the cultural search and destroy mission. But why stop at flags? After all, the governmental Left days ago moved on to statues, monuments, and graves. The academic Left should go after books. Let me suggest a target — William Faulkner. After all, he wrote this:

For every Southern boy fourteen years old, not once but whenever he wants it, there is the instant when it’s still not yet two o’clock on that July afternoon in 1863, the brigades are in position behind the rail fence, the guns are laid and ready in the woods and the furled flags are already loosened to break out and Pickett himself with his long oiled ringlets and his hat in one hand probably and his sword in the other looking up the hill waiting for Longstreet to give the word and it’s all in the balance, it hasn’t happened yet, it hasn’t even begun yet, it not only hasn’t begun yet but there is still time for it not to begin against that position and those circumstances which made more men than Garnett and Kemper and Armistead and Wilcox look grave yet it’s going to begin, we all know that, we have come too far with too much at stake and that moment doesn’t need even a fourteen-year-old boy to think This time. Maybe this time with all this much to lose than all this much to gain: Pennsylvania, Maryland, the world, the golden dome of Washington itself to crown with desperate and unbelievable victory the desperate gamble, the cast made two years ago; or to anyone who ever sailed a skiff under a quilt sail, the moment in 1492 when somebody thought This is it: the absolute edge of no return, to turn back now and make home or sail irrevocably on and either find land or plunge over the world’s roaring rim.

Hater. Burn his books.

revelarts
07-10-2015, 09:40 PM
it's way over the edge into la la land to far. but it doesn't always happen thankfully.

Kathianne
07-10-2015, 09:53 PM
it's way over the edge into la la land to far. but it doesn't always happen thankfully.

Actually it does. Push too far until a 'halt' is called. Brick wall for a time. Then things might find some balance and slower change.

Too much, too fast causes real problems. That seems to me to be part of the problems we've been having in the country for a long time.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-11-2015, 12:19 AM
Actually it does. Push too far until a 'halt' is called. Brick wall for a time. Then things might find some balance and slower change.

Too much, too fast causes real problems. That seems to me to be part of the problems we've been having in the country for a long time.

“To learn who rules over you, find out whom you are not allowed to criticize.” — Voltaire

Find what you are not allowed to even tell the truth about!
Find what you are not even allowed to remember!-Tyr

We see the truth of all three statements because the current government is as rogue as any dictatorial government ever was just before it started enslaving and murdering innocent people for not embracing its greed, corruption and power madness!

I pointed all this out three years ago in my ,I Take My Stand, thread. --Tyr

Jeff
07-11-2015, 01:18 AM
I bought two new wallets tonight, a buddy of mine is making them and they are good quality, and all the wallets he makes have the Confederate flag on them. Yup come take mine if you wish to try. :cool:

namvet
07-11-2015, 10:00 AM
don't forget the American flags' gotta go to

http://i62.tinypic.com/14wuejp.jpg

BANG !!!! right between the eyes

Louis, the coon Farrakhan stated “We need to put the American flag down. Because we’ve caught as much hell under that as the Confederate flag” in remarks before the Metropolitan AME Church in Washington, DC on Wednesday first reported by DC’s WMAL (http://www.wmal.com/2015/06/24/listen/).
Farrakhan said, “White folks march with you because they don’t want you upsetting the city, they don’t give a damn about them nine.

ok so pull all the flags down. what's next?? you guessed it burn the books

aboutime
07-13-2015, 04:04 PM
it's way over the edge into la la land to far. but it doesn't always happen thankfully. rev. If what you said above is true. Please explain what you mean....since WE ARE HEARING IT EVERY DAY!

Perianne
07-22-2015, 12:27 AM

Your 8,000th post! Have you decided to stop there?

Olivia
07-22-2015, 05:54 AM
Folks, I am afraid we are headed for a race war. I have never in my left heard so much hatred towards white people. And the South, well, by golly the South won't take too much of that crap, I can't see them just letting their heritage being wiped out.

Jeff
07-22-2015, 06:00 AM
Folks, I am afraid we are headed for a race war. I have never in my left heard so much hatred towards white people. And the South, well, by golly the South won't take too much of that crap, I can't see them just letting their heritage being wiped out.

I spoke with a few of guy last night, one from the MC the Outlaws, once from the HA ( Hells Angles ) and one from a smaller club in GA, see GA is a Outlaw controlled state, many states have one major club that runs them , all smaller clubs get the OK to proceed or usually go to war, well it seems these clubs are starting to realize strength in numbers, yes the brothers have pushed whitey a little to far I am afraid, ought to be interesting to say the least. Lock and load.