PDA

View Full Version : ****What to Do, or Not Do, If You Win the $123 Million Lottery

LongTermGuy
07-12-2015, 09:39 AM
"Winning the lottery has been a fantasy for millions of Americans for many years. Imagine winning tens of millions of dollars overnight. Or imagine winning over $100 million! *The Mega Millions drawing on Wednesday, July 15th may pay some lucky player an estimated $123 million annuity value, or an estimated $72.7 million cash value......:coffee:

......here are a number of things lottery winners must do immediately after discovering that they have won the big prize. Perhaps even more important is a list of what not to do."

​http://247wallst.com/investing/2015/07/12/what-to-do-or-not-do-if-you-win-the-123-million-lottery/

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-12-2015, 11:40 AM
"Winning the lottery has been a fantasy for millions of Americans for many years. Imagine winning tens of millions of dollars overnight. Or imagine winning over $100 million! *The Mega Millions drawing on Wednesday, July 15th may pay some lucky player an estimated $123 million annuity value, or an estimated $72.7 million cash value......:coffee:

......here are a number of things lottery winners must do immediately after discovering that they have won the big prize. Perhaps even more important is a list of what not to do."

​http://247wallst.com/investing/2015/07/12/what-to-do-or-not-do-if-you-win-the-123-million-lottery/
I would build myself a fortress, buy about 500 guns and 400,000 rounds of ammo.
Within that fortress stock at least three years supply of - nonperishable food and water for about 60 people, my family, siblings and their kids.
Not joking -- great EVIL this way cometh!!!!! Question is , how soon will it get here in full force.... --Tyr

PixieStix
07-12-2015, 11:44 AM
I would buy a piece if land the mountains have a cabin built. And do much of what Tyr says. I am of like mind. Plain and simple.

PixieStix
07-12-2015, 11:45 AM
Oh,and I would disappear. Poof! :salute:Off the grid, never to be part of the machine again

jimnyc
07-12-2015, 01:33 PM
I've had a running list for about 20 years now on what I'll be doing when I eventually win. Down the road a tad 'some' will go to family and friends of course, in a safe and fair way. As will a home for the long term, and some goodies and electronics to go along with it. I don't use a lot of space, so I'd rather have a reasonable home without maintenance fees and all that crap. And of course a few vehicles. Maye on for regular driving, and a couple for show.

But the quick purchases, like a little kid when you get all that cash:

My ass is sitting at the 50 yard line for the next Steelers home game. And of course I'll be flying first class there, and staying at the best suite in town. And I'll be spending like $10k on more Steelers gear while there.

Top of the line computerS. That's right, 3 of the latest and greatest machines, running side by side by side. 3 monster monitors to along with them.

A new RV ordered as soon as I get the dough, don't wanna wait too long for it.

Getting at least like 10 new handguns, and probably like 5 rifles. Maybe 2 shotguns. And like 100 knives, a man can never have too many knives.

Gonna need a new closet!! I'm a guy, so don't need too much. But I will get like 200 pairs of jeans, 200 new white t-shirts. 200 new pairs of underwear. 200 new pairs of socks. Maybe like 100 new hats, baseball hats. And split them up, maybe like 50 pairs of the best and most comfortable boots - and then buy EVERY pair of Air Jordan's that ever came out. Why not, get every pair of Under Armour's and Reebok's too.

Then maybe rent a Lamborghini so I can drive around my neighborhood, then NYC, then off to my hometown where I grew up, so I can talk through the PA system and tell everyone "I'm rich motherEFFers!!!".

Oh, and lots of gold. I don't wanna look like Mr. T, but I'd buy as much, and only wear one at a time. Lots of expensive watches too!! Oh, and definitely 5 Armani suits to start off.

Man, I better hit the REAL big one, as I have some big plans for the money!!!

LongTermGuy
07-12-2015, 02:48 PM
My Island would be "fortified"......have all the necessities...fully stocked! and very high tech with security in mind. My island will have 7 special homes built on it (good ways apart from each other for privacy) These homes will be for like minded intelligent close friends with "abilities" ( I have very little family left)... each home will come with a Jeep for transportation and a power boat. These homes and the acreage they are on will be given (owned)by / to my special friends....My Island will have a helicopter port and a small airfield.....There will be 2 helicopters and one Plane.

Believe it or not, there are still thousands of private islands for sale all around the world, some of them as cheap as a new car.Location is the Key:

The location of your island is going to be one of the most important factors in determining whether you can realistically live on the island full time.

How far will you have to travel for supplies? Are there nearby villages?
What does the Typical Weather look like? Make sure you know exactly what you’re getting yourself in for, and make sure you’re protected from bad weather conditions and rough seas.
Is the location accessible by boat? Not all islands offer an accessible bay or landing site.

You need a reliable water source.

You’re surrounded by all that water, and not a single drop to drink. When it comes to island living, water is what will really determine the island’s livability.

Is there a ground water table high enough to dig a well?
Check the annual rainfalls. Is there enough rainfall for a rain catchment system?

How expensive will it be to develop the Island?

Another thing you need to think about is the cost to develop your island paradise. Depending on how far your island is from civilization, building costs will likely be double, maybe triple what they are in developed areas of the world.
http://offgridsurvival.com/private-island/

WATCH:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XVrvLZePoQ