PDA

View Full Version : Hey Noir! My new MMA favorite...

jimnyc
07-12-2015, 10:52 AM
No, not Noir - "The Pride of Ireland" - from Dublin. Noir, do you know "Conor Mcgregor"? He's an arrogant bastard MMA fighter in the UFC now. He's a smack talker. He was set to fight Jose Aldo, but Aldo pulled out over injury. So he fount another awesome guy in Chad Mendes last night for the interim featherweight title. Both were 17-2, and of course now Mcgregor is 18-2. I'm starting to dig him, he's a smack talker, but he backs up his words!! And after the fight, they made friendly, always love to see the respect after the fights.

http://i.imgur.com/duCRKvq.png

Drummond
07-12-2015, 11:54 AM
No, not Noir - "The Pride of Ireland" - from Dublin. Noir, do you know "Conor Mcgregor"? He's an arrogant bastard MMA fighter in the UFC now. He's a smack talker. He was set to fight Jose Aldo, but Aldo pulled out over injury. So he fount another awesome guy in Chad Mendes last night for the interim featherweight title. Both were 17-2, and of course now Mcgregor is 18-2. I'm starting to dig him, he's a smack talker, but he backs up his words!! And after the fight, they made friendly, always love to see the respect after the fights.

For Noir to answer, but of course. Though ... Dublin's the capital of the Irish Republic (southern Ireland) ... and unless I'm much mistaken, Noir's from Northern Ireland. Those are effectively two different countries.

.. For what it's worth ...

jimnyc
07-12-2015, 01:46 PM
For Noir to answer, but of course. Though ... Dublin's the capital of the Irish Republic (southern Ireland) ... and unless I'm much mistaken, Noir's from Northern Ireland. Those are effectively two different countries.

.. For what it's worth ...

I usually just write NI, and yes, that is where he's from!! I just assumed since he was that popular over there, that perhaps he knew of him. He's a lot closer than I am!! LOL

But it's weird, I didn't know it's like another world. I put it in Google Maps, as I have a friend from Londonderry (I think NI?), and it's less than 3 hours away - but Google gladly points out that one is "Ireland" while the other is "UK". See, now I thought all of Ireland was part of the UK. Had to look it up, and apparently once again I am an asshead for "assuming" things! :laugh:

aboutime
07-12-2015, 05:23 PM
This man from Ireland is the primary reason I became interested, and now watch MMA, and the UFC.He may talk smack, but like you said Jim. He backs up his words with actions. Something ALL OF US need these days.

jimnyc
07-12-2015, 05:41 PM
This man from Ireland is the primary reason I became interested, and now watch MMA, and the UFC.He may talk smack, but like you said Jim. He backs up his words with actions. Something ALL OF US need these days.

Up next will be: Conor Mcgregor Vs. Jose Aldo - and that fight is gonna be awesome!

Drummond
07-12-2015, 06:13 PM
I usually just write NI, and yes, that is where he's from!! I just assumed since he was that popular over there, that perhaps he knew of him. He's a lot closer than I am!! LOL

But it's weird, I didn't know it's like another world. I put it in Google Maps, as I have a friend from Londonderry (I think NI?), and it's less than 3 hours away - but Google gladly points out that one is "Ireland" while the other is "UK". See, now I thought all of Ireland was part of the UK. Had to look it up, and apparently once again I am an asshead for "assuming" things! :laugh:

Interesting thought, but no, southern Ireland became its own independent country, after 'partition', in 1922. They started administering their own affairs in that year .. Custom House, Dublin started keeping S Ireland's birth, marriage and death records in that year.

Remember the IRA, and their terrorism in the latter half of the 20th century ? To them, the whole point was to create a United Ireland, entirely free from the UK. They wanted to force the UK Government to relinquish all dominion over Northern Ireland and destroy the border between Northern and Southern Ireland.

Just think. They were, amongst other things, fighting over who governed Noir ...........

World War II ... southern Ireland was neutral territory. It took no part in the war. Fighter aircraft from both British and German airforces were regarded identically. Any airmen trapped in S Ireland's borders were interned for the duration of the war. This applied to UK airmen, just as it also applied to Germans.

According to this, S Ireland was worried about invasion from the British .....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_neutrality_during_World_War_II

The policy of Irish neutrality during World War II was adopted by the Irish parliament at the instigation of the Taoiseach Éamon de Valera upon the outbreak of World War II in Europe. It was maintained throughout the conflict, in spite of several German air raids by aircraft that missed their intended British targets and attacks on Ireland's shipping fleet by Allies and Axis alike. De Valera refrained from joining either the Allies or Axis powers. While the possibility of not only a German but also a British invasion were discussed in the Dáil, and either eventuality was prepared for, with the most detailed preparations being done in tandem with the Allies under Plan W, De Valera's ruling party, Fianna Fáil, supported his neutral policy for the duration of the war.

This period is known in the Republic of Ireland as the Emergency, owing to the wording of the constitutional article employed to suspend normal government of the country.

Pursuing a policy of neutrality required attaining a balance between the strict observance of non-alignment and the taking of practical steps to repel or discourage an invasion from either of the two concerned parties.

... that's foreigners for you ...

aboutime
07-12-2015, 06:55 PM
Up next will be: Conor Mcgregor Vs. Jose Aldo - and that fight is gonna be awesome! You got it! Jose is really the favorite, but Conor just has that something everybody can't wait to see. I used to be quite a BOXING fan, but it seems more like boring...Old lady arguments all based on BIG BUCKS.The last, REAL boxers like ALI, and George Forman are just memories. Nothing will ever be like the HOWARD COSELL days!

Jeff
07-12-2015, 10:51 PM

Jeez and here I was thinking Ireland was filled with fags with funny haircuts. :laugh: J/K Noir, lighten up

Noir
07-13-2015, 05:52 AM
I've seen his picture about from news reports etc, but I don't follow fighting so I know nothing about him.

stephanie
07-13-2015, 04:28 PM
I've seen his picture about from news reports etc, but I don't follow fighting so I know nothing about him.

Hi dear, you're still here. cool beans. :2up:
I'm with you. I can't watch that. too much for me.

Noir
07-15-2015, 08:59 AM
Hi dear, you're still here. cool beans. :2up:
I'm with you. I can't watch that. too much for me.

Always here, always vigilant, keeping those rightys in check. :salute:

Drummond
07-15-2015, 10:39 AM
Always here, always vigilant, keeping those rightys in check. :salute::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

.. Wishful thinking, there, Noir ..... :rolleyes: