PDA

View Full Version : NYC reaches $5.9 million settlement in chokehold death case

Jeff
07-14-2015, 07:22 AM
Remember this, the cop choked a guy that was breaking the law ( barley ) but then the guy decided he wasn't going to be cuffed and resisted, whether his crime was minimal or not he isn't suppose to resist and resisting is a serious crime, well NYC decided to pay out 5.9 million to the family all because the guy broke the law, yup all is well in America. :rolleyes:

NEW YORK – New York City reached a settlement Monday with the family of Eric Garner for $5.9 million, almost a year after the 43-year-old died in police custody.
The family filed a notice of claim in October, the first step in filing a lawsuit against the city, asking for $75 million. Garner was stopped on July 17 outside a convenience store for selling loose, untaxed cigarettes. A video shot by an onlooker shows Garner telling the officers to leave him alone and refusing to be handcuffed. Garner is taken to the ground in what appears to be a chokehold, banned by police policy. The officer, Daniel Pantaleo, says it was a legal takedown maneuver.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/13/nyc-reaches-5-million-settlement-in-chokehold-death-case/?intcmp=latestnews

LongTermGuy
07-14-2015, 08:27 AM
​Opens the door for more.....Parasites are gonna love this ....they will all be coming out of the woodwork with their hands up dont shoot mind-set carrying their smart phones.

Noir
07-14-2015, 09:04 AM
Don't they understand the cop had no choice but to choke him to death?

LongTermGuy
07-14-2015, 09:22 AM

​If he was a law-abiding citizen...followed instructions given by the LEO`s like must intelligent humans....Instead of fighting and being disorderly... he would be alive today

Noir
07-14-2015, 09:25 AM
​If he was a law-abiding citizen...followed instructions given by the LEO`s like must intelligent humans....Instead of fighting and being disorderly... he would be alive today

Yup, he gave the officer no other choice, the last and only resort was to kill the citizen.

jimnyc
07-14-2015, 09:49 AM

Yup, he gave the officer no other choice, the last and only resort was to kill the citizen.

Don't citizens know by now that committing crimes are against the law? Don't they know that resisting arrest is a crime? Don't they know that when a cop says "stop resisting" it means "stop resisting"? And when you have been busted for the same crime before, don't citizens know it's still a crime to commit them again?

Resisting arrest and fighting and using all of your breath can cause issues with fat people. He had issues arise while resisting arrest. I wouldn't have gave the obese bastard or his family a dime. I suppose they should have just backed off and let him go, since he was a fat fuck who refused to follow the law, and refused to follow lawful orders from police. But since he was obese, and people aren't fond of subduing in such a manner - they should have said "you're free to go, fat boy, as you're much too fat for us to struggle with. So if not coming willingly, we need to set you free". Fuck that. The consequences were of his own actions. His criminal record shows he should have known better than to commit crimes and fight with police.

jimnyc
07-14-2015, 09:50 AM

The disgusting human would have likely died of an exploded heart within a year anyway. Adios!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-14-2015, 09:55 AM
The disgusting human would have likely died of an exploded heart within a year anyway. Adios!

He bez black, dat makes all da difference in da world--don't cha know? :rolleyes:
Parasites given even more mulla! Insanity--rewarded for resisting arrest!!! but, but --only if you iz black!
Welcome to the obamanation.....
Just about everything we predicted would happened when that scum won has happen , with even worse to come!-Tyr

jimnyc
07-14-2015, 09:59 AM
Btw, the family originally wanted $75 million. The city has stated point blank the only reason they settled this was to save a lot of taxpayer money this particular case would have cost in the long run.

Voted4Reagan
07-14-2015, 10:06 AM
The subject in question died of Cardiac arrest, untreated Diabetes, Gross Obesity, brought on by fighting with Police.

Not from a Choke Hold. If he is screaming I CANT BREATH.... he is breathing... you cant yell without being able to move air.

He in effect killed himself.

fj1200
07-14-2015, 10:59 AM
Remember this...

IIRC the cop did his job poorly and against proper procedure.

Noir
07-14-2015, 11:25 AM
He in effect killed himself.

T'was a classic case of suicide.

Voted4Reagan
07-14-2015, 11:29 AM
T'was a classic case of suicide.

If you suffer from Hypertension, Diabetes, Coronary Disease, Asthma and a host of other medical issues and you fight the police.... yes... in effect it was.

Noir
07-14-2015, 11:45 AM
If you suffer from Hypertension, Diabetes, Coronary Disease, Asthma and a host of other medical issues and you fight the police.... yes... in effect it was.

Have you ever thought about writing fictitious crime novels in the sprit of Sherlock Holmes or Poirot?
If not you should definitely consider doing so, no one will see the twists coming.

Voted4Reagan
07-14-2015, 12:01 PM
Have you ever thought about writing fictitious crime novels in the sprit of Sherlock Holmes or Poirot?
If not you should definitely consider doing so, no one will see the twists coming.

It appears that the so-called chokehold was instrumental in triggering Garner’s pre-existing health problems and causing his death, but Garner was not choked to death, as the media seems to maintain. According to Garner’s friends (http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/19/nyregion/staten-island-man-dies-after-he-is-put-in-chokehold-during-arrest.html?_r=0), he “had several health issues: diabetes, sleep apnea, and asthma so severe that he had to quit his job as a horticulturist for the city’s parks department. He wheezed when he talked and could not walk a block without resting, they said.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2014/12/03/actual-facts-eric-garner/

No fiction... It is FACT

jimnyc
07-14-2015, 12:02 PM

Just "suicide by cop", but in an unplanned manner. If he decided to play a game of soccer in 102 degree heat, he also would have been tossing the dice. Fat boy should have taken these things into account before he decided to continue breaking the law and deciding to resist arrest. I wonder what happens if he's 160lbs and of normal health? Or even better, I wonder what happens if he doesn't resist arrest? Or best of all, I wonder what happens if he doesn't continually break the law?

Noir
07-14-2015, 12:08 PM
Just "suicide by cop", but in an unplanned manner. If he decided to play a game of soccer in 102 degree heat, he also would have been tossing the dice. Fat boy should have taken these things into account before he decided to continue breaking the law and deciding to resist arrest. I wonder what happens if he's 160lbs and of normal health? Or even better, I wonder what happens if he doesn't resist arrest? Or best of all, I wonder what happens if he doesn't continually break the law?

It's not as uncommon as you'd think. I hear Salman Rushdie was most upset when his planned suicide by islamic moron failed.

LongTermGuy
07-14-2015, 12:09 PM

​*The Fool committed suicide and was to stupid to realize it......He did not act like a normal person...by complying and then taking care of business in court....but Noooo....he had to be all thug like and fight the man....dumb-ass`s all of them...including the folks that raised Them (breeders)...who always come out of the wood-work (protected by "PC") looking for the next score (cash payday)

Rat
07-14-2015, 03:34 PM
I don't think the cop was wrong even though choke hold against policy. I just think it was no necessary. There were several cops there and could restrain him without it.

Not sure how feel about settlement. Instinct tells me it not proper but not up to speed on specifics.

Jeff
07-14-2015, 03:58 PM
Why argue with any of these liberals, you have one with his sarcastic remarks, one saying it was poor police work, Jeez I wonder how this guy would of fared if all the cops that where there fought him ( with all the health issues he had I am sure if 5 or 6 guys jumped on him the outcome may have been the same, then the libs would be screaming why did all those guys jump on him, heck one could of put him in a choke hold and took care of it :rolleyes:) He decided to resist arrest no one made him do so. BOTTOM LINE, do I believe the guy should even of been wrestled with for selling untaxed cigarettes NO, but do I believe a guy should be wrestled with and taken down when he decides to fight the police, Absolutely, Now that we know how the liberals feel and how the courts will decide I think I may be rich, yup I have been on the absolute end of the police before and resisted and got my butt whooped, hell I didn't die, but hell if this guy should get 5.9 for dieing after he broke the law I figure I should get a pretty penny myself.

I have to ask you guys that think the poor guy should of just been left alone, if he had just robbed your house would you of felt the same way, now remember he was put in a choke hold ( that has already been said not the cause of his death ) after he decided to break the law and resist, so if a guy breaks into your home and then decides to resist, just let him go ??

indago
07-14-2015, 05:04 PM
It's not as uncommon as you'd think. I hear Salman Rushdie was most upset when his planned suicide by islamic moron failed.

He appeared on the Bill Maher program a couple of times and talked about that. If the terrorists really wanted to get him, he would be got.