PDA

View Full Version : Most disliked State in the USA:

Elessar
07-15-2015, 03:52 PM
In a way, this does not surprise me:

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/07/14/which-state-is-the-most-disliked-in-the-country/21209067/?icid=maing-grid7%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl13%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D-1698125045

Some of the inner cites such as Camden are waste pools.

But South Jersey near Cape may, Stone Harbor and Avalon are really nice.

The rest of the list is interesting, placing Hawaii number one in spite of the expense there.

Only 1000 people polled, though....but still worth examining.

jimnyc
07-15-2015, 04:47 PM
I blame Jersey Shore. And some crappy politicians. And a mile or so of stinky area by the Meadowlands, could be the Giants themselves! :dunno:

I can say this much, as someone who grew up in NJ, and now lived in NY for 16 years, and lived in Georgia for a few months ;), and Virginia for a spell. NJ isn't all that bad. I find it much nicer than NY. I would move back to NJ in a heartbeat.

http://i.imgur.com/McgE9HM.jpg

tailfins
07-15-2015, 06:57 PM
I worked in New Jersey for a few months. Most places outside of I-287 are pretty nice such as Piscataway, Parsippany, Basking Ridge and New Brunswick, especially if the company is paying the bill. NJ is a quantum leap better than NY.

Gunny
07-15-2015, 07:12 PM
I blame Jersey Shore. And some crappy politicians. And a mile or so of stinky area by the Meadowlands, could be the Giants themselves! :dunno:

I can say this much, as someone who grew up in NJ, and now lived in NY for 16 years, and lived in Georgia for a few months ;), and Virginia for a spell. NJ isn't all that bad. I find it much nicer than NY. I would move back to NJ in a heartbeat.

http://i.imgur.com/McgE9HM.jpg

I blame ignorance. The same people that believe Texas is a desert and we all ride horses to work are the ones that label everything.

I've never been to Jersey but I've spent plenty of time at Rehoboth Beach in Delaware. It was a beuatiful place. I'm sure a few miles up the road ain't much different. People listen to what the media tells them to think. Like all Southerners are racist when in fact, Northerners were more racist. Midwesterners are the worst.

jimnyc
07-15-2015, 08:04 PM
I worked in New Jersey for a few months. Most places outside of I-287 are pretty nice such as Piscataway, Parsippany, Basking Ridge and New Brunswick, especially if the company is paying the bill. NJ is a quantum leap better than NY.

That's my neck of the woods, almost. Like a few more exits south of Piscataway. I used to work in that town. Basking Ridge is probably the nicest of the bunch. But most towns along 287 are pretty nice. Most people complain when on the Turnpike, because the northern portion of the turnpike is the business district, and sucky Giants land. The southern portion is actually nice! The entire shoreline is pretty awesome, although there's some seedy towns along where the tourists are.

jimnyc
07-15-2015, 08:09 PM
I blame ignorance. The same people that believe Texas is a desert and we all ride horses to work are the ones that label everything.

I've never been to Jersey but I've spent plenty of time at Rehoboth Beach in Delaware. It was a beuatiful place. I'm sure a few miles up the road ain't much different. People listen to what the media tells them to think. Like all Southerners are racist when in fact, Northerners were more racist. Midwesterners are the worst.

We vacationed in Rehoboth, loved it there too. The main complaints in NJ would be a large business polluted area, and then a few large seedy neighborhoods (Newark and Trenton/Camden). Outside of that, the state is pretty cool.

I ask ANYONE, when they say that perhaps NJ, or even NY, is the worst state in America. Thinks of California. Sure, fantastic beaches, and the Dodgers - and that's about it. You wake up to liberal hell and go to sleep to liberal hell. It's hell on earth. Ok, maybe a few other places, but even then, then you're surrounded by liberals. I'll take NJ over that, and therefore proclaim NJ to be better. :)

tailfins
07-15-2015, 09:54 PM
That's my neck of the woods, almost. Like a few more exits south of Piscataway. I used to work in that town. Basking Ridge is probably the nicest of the bunch. But most towns along 287 are pretty nice. Most people complain when on the Turnpike, because the northern portion of the turnpike is the business district, and sucky Giants land. The southern portion is actually nice! The entire shoreline is pretty awesome, although there's some seedy towns along where the tourists are.

Of course one would need to demand DOUBLE pay over Dallas.

Here's why:

$4400 / 4br - 2940ft2 - Single Family 4BR House for Rent<small style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;"> (Basking Ridge, NJ)</small>

http://images.craigslist.org/00P0P_3GoioqqAzfM_600x450.jpg

$2100 / 4br - 2276ft2 - 5419 Mill Run Dr., McKinney, TX 75070<small style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;"> (McKinney, TX)</small>http://images.craigslist.org/00M0M_lryEkzjLgxx_600x450.jpg

Jeff
07-16-2015, 07:33 AM
NJ gets a Bum wrap real quick from travelers, the NJ Turnpike goes through some nasty places and people think that is NJ. But if you go out to the Western part of the state it is beautiful, go to parts of the Jersey shore and it is beautiful. TV has helped as well in giving Jersey a bad name, yup people tend to believe what they see on TV, when I moved to the south most people believed I was in the Mob and was hiding from something :rolleyes:

When I was still on the road NJ was called the Garbage state ( Garden state ) each state has a slang name for it, but NJ got this basically do to truckers traveling the Turnpike, what people don't realize is Jersey Tomatoes are some of the best in the country and Corn hands down is the best, yup coming from the Garbage state. :laugh: When I first moved to GA the ole lady took me to a place called Harry's, it was basically a yuppie farmer's market, when you walked in you walked into the produce section and the first sign you would see on the wall was NJ Silver Queen Corn, the second was NJ Big Boy Tomatoes.