PDA

View Full Version : Four years and counting!

Noir
07-17-2015, 09:42 AM
Since making my pledge, remember guys its never too little or too late (:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j176/jonathan-mcc/79B3628E-13B2-4D28-AB80-0E10CC3883EB_zpspjkteinc.png (http://s80.photobucket.com/user/jonathan-mcc/media/79B3628E-13B2-4D28-AB80-0E10CC3883EB_zpspjkteinc.png.html)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-17-2015, 09:52 AM
Since making my pledge, remember guys its never too little or too late (:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j176/jonathan-mcc/79B3628E-13B2-4D28-AB80-0E10CC3883EB_zpspjkteinc.png (http://s80.photobucket.com/user/jonathan-mcc/media/79B3628E-13B2-4D28-AB80-0E10CC3883EB_zpspjkteinc.png.html)

Six years and counting, my pledge to oppose the obama.
Over ten years and counting my pledge to oppose the muslims and their nation destroying agenda.
Heart attack in 2009 , six years and counting my pledge to eat healthier and avoid almost all fast food, alcoholic beverages and
try to avoid stomping anybody..
All vows I have manged to keep.
But give up meat, ain't a happening my friend, I stick with fish and chicken not fried, with extra helpings of healthy vegetables.
Congrats on keeping your pledge but its not for me.
If God had not wanted man to eat meat he wouldn't have given us BBQ GRILLS, BBQ sauce, a little thing called fire....;)-Tyr

jimnyc
07-17-2015, 09:54 AM
I'll tell you what, while I don't see this in my future, I give you and Abbey a HELLUVA lot of credit for making a decision and sticking with it. I honestly couldn't do it. Hell, I can't even diet for like longer than 3 days without cheating!

Gunny
07-17-2015, 09:57 AM
I'll tell you what, while I don't see this in my future, I give you and Abbey a HELLUVA lot of credit for making a decision and sticking with it. I honestly couldn't do it. Hell, I can't even diet for like longer than 3 days without cheating!

What a shock that is. :laugh:

I'll be a vegan until lunch. :laugh:

jimnyc
07-17-2015, 10:02 AM
What a shock that is. :laugh:

I'll be a vegan until lunch. :laugh:

Well, truth be told, I was a vegan AFTER dinner last night. My wife brings me a salad in a bowl that was large enough to serve 8. Is Bleu cheese still ok? Cause I put like a pound of that one there and dove in. You know I'm hungry when I go to town on a salad. But I shared most of my dinner with the dog and cat, little vultures.

Does quitting cigarettes count? Somehow I successfully did that one, and have no idea how, as I'm one of the weakest human beings alive.

Gunny
07-17-2015, 10:09 AM
Well, truth be told, I was a vegan AFTER dinner last night. My wife brings me a salad in a bowl that was large enough to serve 8. Is Bleu cheese still ok? Cause I put like a pound of that one there and dove in. You know I'm hungry when I go to town on a salad. But I shared most of my dinner with the dog and cat, little vultures.

Does quitting cigarettes count? Somehow I successfully did that one, and have no idea how, as I'm one of the weakest human beings alive.

No. I haven't quit smoking yet, so fuck you. :laugh:

I like the bleu cheese so we can let that one slide. :)

Abbey Marie
07-17-2015, 10:13 AM

Thanks Jim,

I'm not at Noir's level. I don't eat meat, but Vegan is much more stringent.

But I guess I was Vegan for dinner last night- I had a salad and a bowl of Gazpacho. An especially good meal for the hot weather.

jimnyc
07-17-2015, 10:19 AM
Thanks Jim,

I'm not at Noir's level. I don't eat meat, but Vegan is much more stringent.

But I guess I was Vegan for dinner last night- I had a salad and a bowl of Gazpacho. An especially good meal for the hot weather.

WTH is Gazpacho? Ok, just looked it up. Looks like Mexican tomato soup. This one even has some fishies! :)

http://i.imgur.com/P8If3AS.jpg

Abbey Marie
07-17-2015, 10:25 AM
A cold, tomato-based veggie soup. I really like it.

The one you posted looks a bit lame, though. I prefer the vegetables to be chunkier:

http://www.jimschrempp.com/recipes/images/Gazpacho_med1.jpg

jimnyc
07-17-2015, 10:27 AM
A cold, tomato-based veggie soup. I really like it.

The one you posted looks a bit lame, though. I prefer the vegetables to be chunkier:

Almost looks like Salsa :)

jimnyc
07-19-2015, 09:58 AM
I cleaned up this thread a tad and moved other posts to the food/recipes forum. Also bumping this thread. C'mon guys, let's keep this thread clean from the poking. A 4 year commitment to anything is tough, at least for me. I wouldn't want Noir or Abbey coming into a good food discussion and killing us with talk about killing animals and such, and I think we owe them 2 as much respect in return.

Gunny
07-19-2015, 11:18 AM
I cleaned up this thread a tad and moved other posts to the food/recipes forum. Also bumping this thread. C'mon guys, let's keep this thread clean from the poking. A 4 year commitment to anything is tough, at least for me. I wouldn't want Noir or Abbey coming into a good food discussion and killing us with talk about killing animals and such, and I think we owe them 2 as much respect in return.

Did I miss something? Oh, and I don't owe Noir ANY respect. Just thought I'd point that out. :)

Y'all are just lucky I found my kitten. But, I thought this was about BBQ. I mostly just respond to whatever's on the top 10 list and don't pay attention to where it is.

Seems to me, Noir can either learn to BBQ or shut up. Everyone else was fine with the discussion.

And if I get bent out of whack because my kitten's missing, y'all are just going to have to deal with THAT. I was up until 5 AM trying to find that scrawny ass rodent. But she's MY rodent.

jimnyc
07-19-2015, 11:33 AM
Did I miss something? Oh, and I don't owe Noir ANY respect. Just thought I'd point that out. :)

Y'all are just lucky I found my kitten. But, I thought this was about BBQ. I mostly just respond to whatever's on the top 10 list and don't pay attention to where it is.

Seems to me, Noir can either learn to BBQ or shut up. Everyone else was fine with the discussion.

And if I get bent out of whack because my kitten's missing, y'all are just going to have to deal with THAT. I was up until 5 AM trying to find that scrawny ass rodent. But she's MY rodent.

I don't think anyone here owes another respect, but sometimes it just makes sense. I know Abbey has voiced her displeasure with having things tossed in her face as well, and thinks no one gives thought to her feelings and such. Sometimes just leaving a thread and creating a new thread is better.

Did you find her, I hope? :)