PDA

View Full Version : Americans Paying More Attention To Muslims Than Thought

Kathianne
07-17-2015, 09:44 PM
This poll was taken prior to yesterday's shootings:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/pew-huge-spike-in-americans-very-concerned-about-domestic-islamic-extremism/article/2568471

Pew: Huge spike in Americans 'very concerned' about domestic Islamic extremism

By PAUL BEDARD (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/author/paul-bedard)

7/17/15 10:24 AM

Some 53 percent, more than the average in the non-Islamic world, said they are "very concerned" about Islamic extremism in the United States, said Pew.

While the numbers were lower than for some countries in Europe that have experienced domestic Islamic terrorism, they were much higher than a few years ago. In 2011, for example, 32 percent told Pew that they were very concerned.

"In the U.S., these demographic differences also extend to political party and religion. Republicans and Americans who say religion is important are more likely to be concerned about Islamic extremism than are Democrats and independents, and those who say religion is not important to their daily lives," said the survey analysis.

And the numbers are even higher when it comes to concern about ISIS. Pew said that 70 percent of Americans have a high concern about the movement known for seizing key Iraq territories and beheadings.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-20-2015, 05:45 PM
This poll was taken prior to yesterday's shootings:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/pew-huge-spike-in-americans-very-concerned-about-domestic-islamic-extremism/article/2568471

So great to see how well my three year information campaign has worked! --;)--Tyr

Solo
07-20-2015, 08:56 PM
I had a conversation with a person on the left on another forum where he was raging that muslims are mostly good people and that america brought all this on with their middle east involvement.

My response was this, when you can show me how to identify a good muslim from a bad one, then Ill agree with you. To date I still dont know how to tell which muslim wants to kill me and which does not.

fj1200
07-21-2015, 01:25 PM
My response was this, when you can show me how to identify a good muslim from a bad one, then Ill agree with you. To date I still dont know how to tell which muslim wants to kill me and which does not.

Do you have effective bright line rules for all "good vs. bad __(fill in the blank)__"?

jimnyc
07-21-2015, 03:24 PM
I give ALL people the benefit when it comes to respect, and trust. But based on the past 15 years, when it comes to Muslims, it's be polite but also keep one eye WIDE open. I have a lot of folks I know that are Muslim. And are they radicals? Nah, not by the definition. But almost every last one of them is against the USA when it comes to just about anything. They all HATE Jews. They ALL will backup Muslims around the world, and make excuses, for almost everything.

There aren't a whole lot of folks that you'll find in America that literally don't like America very much, but every Muslim I come across fits that bill.