PDA

View Full Version : Green Beret loses Silver Star because of some desk-sitting Army secretary

Russ
07-19-2015, 08:39 PM
Maybe some of you have seen this story:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jul/19/green-beret-tells-of-shooting-taliban-in-cia-job-i/

Green Beret Matthew Golsteyn admitted in a CIA interview that he killed a Taliban bombmaker, and for that some total-zero desk-sitting jerk relaxing back in Washington, DC, took away his previously earned Silver Star. The desk jockey's name is John McHugh, and he is an Army Secretary. I'm not sure why that gives him the right to take away someone else's Silver Star, but I have to say that this McHugh guy disgusts me.

Maybe "secretary" McHugh thinks he knows how to handle situations in Afghanistan better than an awarded Green Beret does, but I doubt it. After all, the Green Beret is in Afghanistan every day, protecting our country and making life and death decisions. "Secretary" McHugh's toughest decision of the day back in Washington is probably whether of not to put some ice cubes in his Appletini.

And what's the problem with the Green Beret shooting a Taliban bombmaker? Isn't that why we send soldiers to Afghanistan? To take out enemy combatants? What military thinkers has this "secretary" McHugh been listening to? Neville Chamberlain?

This McHugh guy needs to be assigned to Afghanistan for six months, so he can truly appreciate how difficult it is to make a life or death decision. And if he get shot by the Taliban, who cares? We can replace McHugh with no difficulty whatsoever. Thirty percent of our population can do his job, and do it better than he's doing it. Matthew Golsteyn, the Green Beret, is the one who would be difficult to replace. Only about one tenth of one percent of our population is capable of doing his job.

Fortunately, Duncan Hunter, a CA representative and former Marine officer, is pushing Congress to prevent secretaries like McHugh from having the power to take away Silver Stars. I applaud him for that. I liked his father, and now I like him.

LongTermGuy
07-19-2015, 08:56 PM
~ "Don't count on McCain for useful guidance. He's just another useless, Obama-lite, career politician who cares more about keeping his job than anything else. It's a crime that he doesn't give more than lip-service to other veterans. Give Golsteyn his award, he deserves the Silver Star much more than McCain deserves to be in Congress. A dead taliban is a good taliban." ~

Abbey Marie
07-19-2015, 09:36 PM
Neville Chamberlain, Appletinis, lol!
:clap:

Gunny
07-19-2015, 10:31 PM
Maybe some of you have seen this story:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jul/19/green-beret-tells-of-shooting-taliban-in-cia-job-i/

Green Beret Matthew Golsteyn admitted in a CIA interview that he killed a Taliban bombmaker, and for that some total-zero desk-sitting jerk relaxing back in Washington, DC, took away his previously earned Silver Star. The desk jockey's name is John McHugh, and he is an Army Secretary. I'm not sure why that gives him the right to take away someone else's Silver Star, but I have to say that this McHugh guy disgusts me.

Maybe "secretary" McHugh thinks he knows how to handle situations in Afghanistan better than an awarded Green Beret does, but I doubt it. After all, the Green Beret is in Afghanistan every day, protecting our country and making life and death decisions. "Secretary" McHugh's toughest decision of the day back in Washington is probably whether of not to put some ice cubes in his Appletini.

And what's the problem with the Green Beret shooting a Taliban bombmaker? Isn't that why we send soldiers to Afghanistan? To take out enemy combatants? What military thinkers has this "secretary" McHugh been listening to? Neville Chamberlain?

This McHugh guy needs to be assigned to Afghanistan for six months, so he can truly appreciate how difficult it is to make a life or death decision. And if he get shot by the Taliban, who cares? We can replace McHugh with no difficulty whatsoever. Thirty percent of our population can do his job, and do it better than he's doing it. Matthew Golsteyn, the Green Beret, is the one who would be difficult to replace. Only about one tenth of one percent of our population is capable of doing his job.

Fortunately, Duncan Hunter, a CA representative and former Marine officer, is pushing Congress to prevent secretaries like McHugh from having the power to take away Silver Stars. I applaud him for that. I liked his father, and now I like him.

Fuckin' A. I'm tired of this pussy shit.

I want his ass in the 2nd humvee so he can watch the first one hit an IED and take out most of the people he broke bread with. What a piece of shit. Is this Make Gunny Angry week, or what?

Voted4Reagan
07-20-2015, 07:15 AM
Good News: McHugh to leave post by November.

For clarification... He is THE SECRETARY of The Army of the United States. Not just some random paper pusher... he is an Obama appointee.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jun/8/john-mchugh-army-secretary-leave-post-november/

It figures, he's a Liberal from Syracuse, NY.

Kathianne
07-20-2015, 07:19 AM

For clarification... He is THE SECRETARY of The Army of the United States. Not just some random paper pusher... he is an Obama appointee.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jun/8/john-mchugh-army-secretary-leave-post-november/

Then he must be a liberal Republican, your link:

...Prior to serving as secretary of the Army (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/army/), Mr. McHugh (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/john-mchugh/) was a Republican member of Congress from New York’s 24th district.

Voted4Reagan
07-20-2015, 07:21 AM

well.... they hide as republicans if it gets em elected... look at Bloomberg....

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

tailfins
07-20-2015, 08:46 AM

You could teach a semester course about the dysfunction of the New York State Republican Party. That Congressional district is a soap opera all its own. Do you remember how the NYS GOP party forced Dede Scozzafava onto the ballot ignoring the local party?

http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/albany/2014/02/8539946/scozzafava-mulls-democratic-run-owens-seat

The chairs are modeling their vetting after a 2009 vetting that yielded Owens, (http://observer.com/2009/08/meet-bill-owens-a-dcccapproved-nondemocrat-for-the-house) a Plattsburgh attorney, for a special election to replace Republican Rep. John McHugh, who was appointed secretary of the Army.

In 2009, Scozzafava won the Republican designation but was immediately attacked as being too liberal (http://observer.com/2009/11/the-collapse-of-dede-scozzafava-moderate-republican) by a burgeoning Tea Party movement, as well as some of her own party mates, who were put off by her support for abortion rights. These people organized around Doug Hoffman, an accountant from Lake Placid, who ran on the Conservative Party line. He pulled ahead of Scozzafava in last-minute polls, and she dropped out the weekend before the election. She endorsed Owens, (http://www.politico.com/blogs/scorecard/1109/Scozzafava_endorses_Owens.html) who went on the be the narrow winner, a day later.

And finally:

Scozzafava mulls a Democratic run for Owens' seat (http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/albany/2014/02/8539946/scozzafava-mulls-democratic-run-owens-seat)

Abbey Marie
07-20-2015, 02:23 PM

So he's a non-random paper pusher. :laugh2:

Gunny
07-20-2015, 03:04 PM
So he's a non-random paper pusher. :laugh2:

That's the problem with our military, Abs. Especially with a CinC that hates America. They haven't even been through boot camp, much less spent YEARS away from their families. I've got more sea time than this a-hole's got in office. Yet, they let people like this determine our lives. My callouses are on my hands, knees and feet. His are on his ass from that chair.

He's just another Obama yes man. Technically and tactically inproficient. That gets people killed.

Abbey Marie
07-20-2015, 03:10 PM
That's the problem with our military, Abs. Especially with a CinC that hates America. They haven't even been through boot camp, much less spent YEARS away from their families. I've got more sea time than this a-hole's got in office. Yet, they let people like this determine our lives. My callouses are on my hands, knees and feet. His are on his ass from that chair.

He's just another Obama yes man. Technically and tactically inproficient. That gets people killed.

I have recently been wondering (with our current administration, and the people who seem to have a voice in the media) how anyone these days can be motivated to risk their lives in the military. Or as a cop, for that matter.

We have an ungrateful at best, or even outright hostile, populace, traitor courts, and a President who wants to change the very fabric of this country.

Gunny
07-20-2015, 03:18 PM
I have recently been wondering (with our current administration, and the people who seem to have a voice in the media) how anyone these days can be motivated to risk their lives in the military. Or as a cop, for that matter.

We have an ungrateful at best, or even outright hostile, populace, traitor courts, and a President who wants to change the very fabric of this country.

I agree. Sorry. Typing with 1 hand. I got the 2 week old baby duty. I'm good, but not THAT good. :laugh:

Gunny
07-20-2015, 03:30 PM
I look at it this way. If I didn't love babies and kittens, I'd probably be a sociopath. (shut up Jeff). :)

And, since techinacally not my kid, I'll have to get permission to post a pic.

jimnyc
07-20-2015, 04:41 PM
I look at it this way. If I didn't love babies and kittens, I'd probably be a sociopath. (shut up Jeff). :)

And, since techinacally not my kid, I'll have to get permission to post a pic.

Post a pic of the kitten in the animal forum!

BJ_WA
07-20-2015, 05:05 PM
Hopefully some right minded person in the next administration will restore it for him.

If not, there is always a job with Academi and make some money.

Gunny
07-20-2015, 05:37 PM
Post a pic of the kitten in the animal forum!

After reading that last thread about the gator, I'm afraid someone will want to have sex with it. :laugh:

Jeff
07-20-2015, 05:39 PM
After reading that last thread about the gator, I'm afraid someone will want to have sex with it. :laugh:

Why you think Jim wants pictures ??? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

No Boobies, well kitty kitty will have to do. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

It's all cool though, it is now called a civil union. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Gunny
07-20-2015, 05:48 PM
Why you think Jim wants pictures ??? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

No Boobies, well kitty kitty will have to do. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

It's all cool though, it is now called a civil union. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Guess I better include a pic of my forearms and hands then. Jim will be missing a bodypart or wishing he was. I swear this kitten was issued Singer sewing needles for claws.:laugh:

Jeff
07-20-2015, 06:21 PM
Guess I better include a pic of my forearms and hands then. Jim will be missing a bodypart or wishing he was. I swear this kitten was issued Singer sewing needles for claws.:laugh:

So let me get this straight, we are talking about perverted sex acts and you are going to send Jim a Perv ( my favorite Perv ) but a perv a picture of your forearm and hand, hmm sounds a bit to kinky to me. :laugh::laugh:

SassyLady
07-26-2015, 03:28 AM
And yet, Cosby gets to keep his medal. :rolleyes3:

WiccanLiberal
07-26-2015, 02:36 PM
Not as good a quality as I would like but it is a scan of an old pic (pre digital). The darling is ET, my second kitty. He was about 4 weeks at the time.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-26-2015, 06:49 PM
~ "Don't count on McCain for useful guidance. He's just another useless, Obama-lite, career politician who cares more about keeping his job than anything else. It's a crime that he doesn't give more than lip-service to other veterans. Give Golsteyn his award, he deserves the Silver Star much more than McCain deserves to be in Congress. A dead taliban is a good taliban." ~

See my new thread on what the asshole John McSame did, in regards to military carrying guns on base!! -Tyr