PDA

View Full Version : ?????? Why so many!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-21-2015, 09:00 AM
There are currently 4411 users online. 12 members and 4399 guests
Most users ever online was 4,433, Today at 08:44 AM.

Administrators|Super Moderators|Board Sponsor|Registered Users
Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, fj1200, Gunny, LongTermGuy+, NightTrain, Noir, Perianne, revelarts, Solo, tailfins

12 members and 4399 guests

I was wondering why the speed here was so slow now . -Tyr

Perianne
07-21-2015, 09:13 AM
I was wondering why the speed here was so slow now . -Tyr

I thought it was just on my end. Very slow.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-21-2015, 09:25 AM

Creative Writing(118 Viewing)
User-generated stories, poetry, lyrics.
Fiction or non-fiction, but NOT for political essays and rants

U.S. Constitution(103 Viewing)
Matters related to the COTUS

Israel/Palestine Conflict(107 Viewing)
Discussion about this rising conflict

All over one hundred viewing currently. -Tyr

Drummond
07-21-2015, 09:47 AM

Yes, I'm finding the same here.

I knew the problem couldn't be at my end of things, because other sites were loading normally. This one, though ... yes, currently v slow.

The high number of users / viewers .. maybe a cause for celebration, from the Admin side of things (?). OR, maybe, a form of hostile action from anyone interested in rendering this forum effectively inoperable ?? [I recall another site I was on several years ago that was suddenly swamped by those of an 'opposition' mindset, shall we say ...]

Does Admin have any feedback or other insight to offer ?

jimnyc
07-21-2015, 11:05 AM
Didn't even know of this thread, was too slow earlier to find it! :) Hopefully my announcement explained things. Just some unscrupulous bots hitting the site for whatever reason.

Or maybe people just suddenly love me? :dunno:

Abbey Marie
07-21-2015, 11:55 AM
Didn't even know of this thread, was too slow earlier to find it! :) Hopefully my announcement explained things. Just some unscrupulous bots hitting the site for whatever reason.

Or maybe people just suddenly love me? :dunno:

Actually, it's just the entire membership of the Man-Boy Alligator Society. They thought they'd found a sympathetic site.

http://photos.travellerspoint.com/447233/alligator_love.jpg

NightTrain
07-21-2015, 12:35 PM
I didn't see this thread either... we were focused on the IP addresses and servers of thousands of users hammering this site with searches and attempts to PM users.

Sorry about the lack of response but we were sorting through the users as fast as we could without accidentally banning any legit users. Jim's modem was smoking and he's probably got Carpal Tunnel now!