PDA

View Full Version : "Sex and the City" headed to movie theaters

nevadamedic
07-05-2007, 10:13 PM
The four women who spiced up Manhattan's singles scene for six years on the HBO television series "Sex and the City" appear headed for a big-screen reunion after all.

New Line Cinema, a corporate sibling of HBO under Time Warner Inc., is close to sealing a final deal to finance and distribute the long-stalled picture, a spokesman for the studio said on Thursday.

The project is set to begin shooting in the fall with all four stars of the HBO hit -- Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon -- on board to reprise their roles.

Email This Story IM This Story Print This Story
SPONSORED LINKS
Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?
Free Quiz -- Compare Your Scores to Actual 5th Graders.

www.FunEducation.com
Secret Satellite TV on PC
Watch Over 1,000 Channels of TV On Your PC. One time fee of $67.

www.secretsatellite.com
Randy Robertson - Actor
Find bio, pictures, demo reel and more for Randy Robertson, a talented actor based in CA.

randyrobertson.org
Scene Interactive - Tools for NY Actors
Scene Interactive provides a suite of multimedia tools to streamline the casting process, including video monologues, demo reels, headshots, and digitized resumes for the aspiring performer.

www.sceneinteractive.com
Longtime series executive producer Michael Patrick King will direct the film from his own script and serve as producer, along with Parker and series creator Darren Star.

While no release date has been set, the movie presumably would arrive in theaters sometime next year.

Plans for a movie were first revealed by HBO in early 2004, months before the show ended its six-season run.

But the project stalled, according to show business newspaper Daily Variety, when Cattrall sought greater script control and a salary closer to that of Parker, who was more highly paid than her co-stars because she was a co-executive producer of the series.

Variety said Cattrall ultimately was won over with a sweetened offer that included a series deal with HBO.

Full Article............
http://tv.yahoo.com/sex-and-the-city/show/205/news/urn:newsml:tv.reuters.com:20070705:sexandcity_dc__ ER:77877

I don't get it, what was so great about this TV show? I tried watching it a couple times and couldn't get into it.

dan
07-06-2007, 03:27 AM
I don't get it, what was so great about this TV show? I tried watching it a couple times and couldn't get into it.

I think every guy in the world would echo this sentiment. Twin Peaks makes more sense to me than this show did.

nevadamedic
07-11-2007, 12:54 AM
I think every guy in the world would echo this sentiment. Twin Peaks makes more sense to me than this show did.

I guess it's just a female thing...........