PDA

View Full Version : I'm done. Tired of pretending to play the games here.

aboutime
07-23-2015, 03:17 PM
Thanks to everyone who had the courtesy to reply, and offer their support here.

I've had enough. Being compared to some of the worst....former unwelcome members here; and seeing my words being used, while being ignored. I finally got the hint.

Many do not want to be told the truth, or be reminded of the obvious.

So. To everyone who must always be playing the ONE-UPSMANSHIP GAMES. You win.

I'm outta here, and out of your sorry way.

jimnyc
07-23-2015, 03:34 PM
and seeing my words being used, while being ignored.

You've stated this for a few years now, and EVERY time I asked you about it, you backed off and ignored my request. You hinted towards this the other day, and ignore the request. Care to tell us what this means, what you're talking about? WHO and WHERE are your words being used?

WHO is playing the one up on the other game you speak of? That's an honest question, as I haven't seen it but have been busy.

I would like to address this too, but you need to elaborate first.

But if you won't answer, or if you say "forget it", then it's useless to complain and walk away. But if you are going to walk away and you don't want to discuss, obviously I wish you nothing but the best. I'm kinda clueless as to what this is about, other than one step in with someone asking you to back off. Certainly nothing intrusive, or a reason to bail. I doubt that's it anyway, but all I have seen. Hopefully you'll be open to discussion.

Abbey Marie
07-23-2015, 03:53 PM
I'd just like to know what "games" we are playing here???

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-23-2015, 04:32 PM

I've had enough. Being compared to some of the worst....former unwelcome members here; and seeing my words being used, while being ignored. I finally got the hint.

Thanks
Thanked 6,252 Times in 3,472 PostsRep Power

My friend, those stats cited above do not lie. Seems to me you have many friends here and are as well respected as anybody here is.
We all should understand that this is a forum that we are guests on and must conform to certain rules/guidelines. Jim once jumped my case big time and I saw he was dead on right so, I modified my actions.
Not sure what you are citing but taking a breather and calming done may be a wiser choice.
You have too many friends here to just walk away on some trivial action.
Whatever you do I support your right to chose your path my friend. We go way back to the other forum where they truly did mistreat the living hell out of you. I voluntarily left that forum because of how they mistreated you but have seen none of that here myself. I did see you blast those fools at the old forum all to hell and back and highlight their bias, ignorance and hate for all to see.
My friendly advice is to chill a bit and consider how many friends you have here that truly respect you and your service to this nation.
Remember this, "water off a duck's back never drowned anybody", my pappy used to say that often when we were kids. ... -Tyr

Voted4Reagan
07-23-2015, 04:37 PM
Don't leave my Salty Friend....

You're an institution around here... shrug it off and hang in there buddy.

Balu
07-23-2015, 04:44 PM
...Remember this, "water off a duck's back never drowned anybody", my pappy used to say that often when we were kids. ... -Tyr
Will take it into my active vocabulary. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/good.gif
As to your post I am 100% agree with all, what you've said.

indago
07-23-2015, 04:51 PM

Post HERE (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?49744-The-aboutime-and-Gunny-Snivel-Thread)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-23-2015, 04:53 PM
Will take it into my active vocabulary. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/good.gif
As to your post I am 100% agree with all, what you've said.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Balu again.--:beer:-Tyr

Drummond
07-23-2015, 04:55 PM
My friend, those stats cited above do not lie. Seems to me you have many friends here and are as well respected as anybody here is.
We all should understand that this is a forum that we are guests on and must conform to certain rules/guidelines. Jim once jumped my case big time and I saw he was dead on right so, I modified my actions.
Not sure what you are citing but taking a breather and calming done may be a wiser choice.
Whatever you do I support your right to chose your path my friend. We go way back to the other forum where they truly did mistreat the living hell out of you. I voluntarily left that forum because of how they mistreated you but have seen none of that here myself. I did see you blast those fools at the old forum all to hell and back and highlight their bias, ignorance and hate for all to see.
My friendly advice is to chill a bit and consider how many friends you have here that truly respect you and your service to this nation.
Remember this, "water off a duck's back never drowned anybody", my pappy used to say that often when we were kids. ... -Tyr:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

jimnyc
07-23-2015, 05:12 PM
AT - if you prefer, shoot me a PM with the issues I asked about. Can't help anyone if they don't talk about it. That's cool if you don't want to, but just trying to keep you from going is all. We all have bad phases and bad days here, or even weeks. Talking about it is better than bailing. I just don't understand certain things, hence my questions above.

aboutime
07-23-2015, 07:27 PM
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

To all. Just tired of trying to adapt to the constant, almost absolute control over EVERY WORD we dare to say here. I know it's just a forum where idea's and OPINIONS generally are acceptable to all members.
I know I have different ways of expressing myself that others WITH SUCH HIGH NOSES in the air..find unacceptable. That's the kind of games I remember from elementary school days, back in the 50's.

How sad it is. Our nation is in such Dire straights, and it seems all everyone feels good about doing is CONSTANTLY finding reasons to argue over some really STUPID stuff.

I personally believe. The only effective way for any of us to HONESTLY communicate would be to provide our REAL names, and stop hiding behind make-up, catchy names that allow us all to remain anonymous.
But then again. We all know how that would turn out.

So. I have decided. Since much of what I try to say here, in helping others (in many cases). Just becomes the ramblings of an old man who doesn't know his ass from first base. And yes. I know how many of you actually feel when you see my posts. I was your age one time. If you think I'm so much older, and absent minded. Keep thinking that as I will laugh in your behalf....if you live long enough to understand how short life really is.

This phony game playing where the superior step forward to control everything they have been NOMINATED to oversee as mods...is nothing less than hidden forms of censorship.
That's what I was talking about Jim. Give someone power, and it becomes their weapon of choice to ride herd over perfect strangers who....LIKE GOOD LITTLE OBAMA SHEEP....either obey, or get pushed to the side into the IGNORE pane where everyone who doesn't like someone can pretend it doesn't exist.
This nation is so screwed up today. And the most important things everyone argues about is whether someone they don't know...is allowed to say the words they want???
How sad.

jimnyc
07-23-2015, 07:48 PM
Oh please. There is absolutely no censorship, and when one can't accuse that about another, now it's hidden censorship? Someone asking another member to stop badgering new members, about whatever, is not censorship. Hell, I don't even think it's the first time someone tossed that in your direction, nor the same member. And yet you somehow were free to speak your opinion. And here you are in this thread, announcing your leaving, and yet speaking freely.

What about others using your words, care to address that? Or are you going to toss that out several times blindly and not clear it up?

The moderation here has been ZERO, nada, nothing... if anyone has a problem thinking we are censoring too much with NOTHING, they are free to leave.

But seriously, I'm giving you permission to name names. Speak freely. I want to hear specifics about your beefs with censorship and games you are speaking of, and who is involved. I want to know who is taking your words. If you're not willing to discuss it, then I see little point in this thread.

Kathianne
07-23-2015, 09:10 PM
To all. Just tired of trying to adapt to the constant, almost absolute control over EVERY WORD we dare to say here. I know it's just a forum where idea's and OPINIONS generally are acceptable to all members.
I know I have different ways of expressing myself that others WITH SUCH HIGH NOSES in the air..find unacceptable. That's the kind of games I remember from elementary school days, back in the 50's.

How sad it is. Our nation is in such Dire straights, and it seems all everyone feels good about doing is CONSTANTLY finding reasons to argue over some really STUPID stuff.

I personally believe. The only effective way for any of us to HONESTLY communicate would be to provide our REAL names, and stop hiding behind make-up, catchy names that allow us all to remain anonymous.
But then again. We all know how that would turn out.

So. I have decided. Since much of what I try to say here, in helping others (in many cases). Just becomes the ramblings of an old man who doesn't know his ass from first base. And yes. I know how many of you actually feel when you see my posts. I was your age one time. If you think I'm so much older, and absent minded. Keep thinking that as I will laugh in your behalf....if you live long enough to understand how short life really is.

This phony game playing where the superior step forward to control everything they have been NOMINATED to oversee as mods...is nothing less than hidden forms of censorship.
That's what I was talking about Jim. Give someone power, and it becomes their weapon of choice to ride herd over perfect strangers who....LIKE GOOD LITTLE OBAMA SHEEP....either obey, or get pushed to the side into the IGNORE pane where everyone who doesn't like someone can pretend it doesn't exist.
This nation is so screwed up today. And the most important things everyone argues about is whether someone they don't know...is allowed to say the words they want???
How sad.

AT, you are not so much older than myself. You however want to wallow in your age, while I keep trying to learn new. It's a matter of choice.

Boo hoo, I've basically been deaf my whole life. I've got very bad arthritis. My once 20/20 eyesight is not so great anymore. Boo hoo for me, but I'm going to work with what I have. Someone tries to badger me, they get it back, twice as hard. IF I think they are worth the bother.

hjmick
07-23-2015, 09:25 PM
Oy vey...

Stay. Go. Whatever. Just please spare us the histrionic exit thread.

Oops.

Too late...

Perianne
07-23-2015, 09:27 PM
aboutime,

I like you. But, if I have ever been disrespectful to you, I apologize.

LongTermGuy
07-23-2015, 11:02 PM
aboutime,

I like you. But, if I have ever been disrespectful to you, I apologize.

I feel most / many of us feel the same....

>>>>> AT don't you be going anywhere.....I need and enjoy your straight forward posts for my daily fix...You are a true friend to most of us here....Stop messin around...stay awhile and lets just all move forward....all of us only have so much time left in this life...lets make the best of it dear friend.

Gunny
07-23-2015, 11:17 PM
I'm just wondering why anyone thinks Jim has told them to shut up and quit badgering people more than he's told me to? You got to earn that chapeen-ship belt, brother. :laugh:

Seriously, just lighten up. You get to say more here than anywhere else I've been on boards.

Perianne
07-23-2015, 11:21 PM
Remember this, "water off a duck's back never drowned anybody", my pappy used to say that often when we were kids. ... -Tyr

I'm just wondering why anyone thinks Jim has told them to shut up and quit badgering people more than he's told me to? You got to earn that chapeen-ship belt, brother. :laugh:

Seriously, just lighten up. You get to say more here than anywhere else I've been on boards.

Jim got on me once. I beat him up. He has never been the same. :)

Gunny
07-23-2015, 11:23 PM

Don't get all cocky. Jim's never the same from one day to the next. Give him 4 cups of coffee and watch. :laugh:

LongTermGuy
07-23-2015, 11:28 PM
Don't get all cocky. Jim's never the same from one day to the next. Give him 4 cups of coffee and watch. :laugh:

Oh man! Gunny you got that right!:coffee:

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/be/ad/99/bead999bdc91fdf8423c07d80fca5dd9.jpg

Abbey Marie
07-24-2015, 12:04 AM
If Jim gets ornery, all you need to do is send him one of these. He'll cheer right up:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/c5/7f/b6/c57fb601b07a93677824b4190b2f69db.jpg

Gunny
07-24-2015, 12:34 AM
If Jim gets ornery, all you need to do is send him one of these. He'll cheer right up:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/c5/7f/b6/c57fb601b07a93677824b4190b2f69db.jpg

LMAO. That clod with something that cute and tiny? :laugh:

Perianne
07-24-2015, 12:37 AM
We've been mean to Jim. If I ever go to NYC, I will make it a point to stop in and see him. I like him.

darin
07-24-2015, 05:40 AM
The worst thing about this place is
[content deleted by moderator - don't post this shit again, dmp!]

indago
07-24-2015, 06:27 AM
The Secretary in a Business Office I once visited had a sign on her desk:

I am normally quite even-tempered, but I can go from zero to Bitch in three seconds flat!

Jeff
07-24-2015, 06:38 AM

AAA I hate to tell you, but Jim enjoyed it, while you were beating him up he was getting sexual gratification. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

jimnyc
07-24-2015, 07:37 AM

Oh, trust me, I'd remember if I got my ass whooped by a woman!! I like that stuff and you would probably be a mod if that were true! :laugh2:

jimnyc
07-24-2015, 07:38 AM

You likely know that better than most. Coffee and bipolar and lingering effects of drugs. :)

jimnyc
07-24-2015, 07:40 AM

I'll make the announcement right now, even if it is bribery:

Anyone who purchases and mails me a monkey as above, a finger monkey, a pygmy marmoset... that person can be an admin here on DP!! :coffee:

jimnyc
07-24-2015, 07:41 AM

Pull that crap again and we'll have to be nazis and tell you to please stop!!! :)

jimnyc
07-24-2015, 07:42 AM
AAA I hate to tell you, but Jim enjoyed it, while you were beating him up he was getting sexual gratification. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Oh man, that's rough, and so so not nice, and mean, and true, and not a nice thing to say and just quite rude!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-24-2015, 08:00 AM

Yes, somebody ffkked up big time(mistakenly gave me Jim's bad mod powers he never uses) and I deleted that post dmp. Don't do it again-- but thanks for the super increased mod powers.
I promise to now race across the entire board blasting the hidden gremlins and will soon force the South
to secede again-- note- for we Southerners that would be "succeed" this time!- :laugh:-Tyr

sundaydriver
07-24-2015, 10:20 AM
More rambling, sulking, and not feeling the love. Will somebody please give the old coot a hug and tell him how special he is, again!

Drummond
07-24-2015, 11:53 AM

Anyone who purchases and mails me a monkey as above, a finger monkey, a pygmy marmoset... that person can be an admin here on DP!! :coffee:

Well, if I did, it'd involve transatlantic transportation and quarantine .. !! .. I'm not into cruelty.

- On the other hand, it'd definitely count as a partial Brit 'takeover'. 'The Brits Are Coming' ... :rolleyes:

tailfins
07-24-2015, 12:02 PM

I didn't know you were that desperate to spank the monkey!

Admin for only $27.90 ? You would have pay me, and not cheaply either. Sorry!

Here's some help for anyone interested in taking Jim up on his deal:

http://www.goblinkids.com/products/hansa-pygmy-marmoset?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=1241231851&gclid=CLig1dme9MYCFY2RHwodVH0ELw

Jeff
07-24-2015, 03:22 PM
I didn't know you were that desperate to spank the monkey!

Admin for only $27.90 ? You would have pay me, and not cheaply either. Sorry!

Here's some help for anyone interested in taking Jim up on his deal:

http://www.goblinkids.com/products/hansa-pygmy-marmoset?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=1241231851&gclid=CLig1dme9MYCFY2RHwodVH0ELw

A No offense there tf but I believe if Jim makes you a admin he would have to pay quite a few just to keep coming. :laugh::laugh:

jimnyc
07-24-2015, 03:35 PM

I saw the stats you posted for AT - and didn't realize until just now that he has the 3rd most thanks on the board. It doesn't mean a whole helluva lot, but at least proves that he has friends here at the very least.

I still don't understand where this all came from. It obviously started long before this crap about new members and NT and his discussion. Whatever he's speaking of about people taking his words is something he has mentioned for a long time now, but refuses to go any further than the accusation. At any rate...

My advice? Simply move forward and forget anything happened and that this thread even exists. Alternatively, discuss the issues brought up by himself and others, and then put it behind us.

Max R.
07-24-2015, 03:39 PM
Yes, somebody ffkked up big time(mistakenly gave me Jim's bad mod powers he never uses) and I deleted that post dmp. Don't do it again-- but thanks for the super increased mod powers.
I promise to now race across the entire board blasting the hidden gremlins and will soon force the South
to secede again-- note- for we Southerners that would be "succeed" this time!- :laugh:-Tyr
Sorry I missed all the fun!!

tailfins
07-24-2015, 07:31 PM
A No offense there tf but I believe if Jim makes you a admin he would have to pay quite a few just to keep coming. :laugh::laugh:

Simple solution: Just make DP a sexist (as opposed to racist) version of Stormfront. There would be no shortage of posters.

Threads: 880,184, Posts: 11,367,978, Members: 302,432

namvet
08-13-2015, 12:14 PM

hold the door im out to

Perianne
08-13-2015, 12:24 PM
hold the door im out to

I hope you reconsider, sir.

Gunny
08-13-2015, 12:37 PM
Y'all call yourself vets? I never knew any that walked away from battle. Quit acting like wimps. If you don't like what's being said, SAY something. Shit, I've been Jim's favorite guy for years. :laugh:

The difference is I spent years defending peoples' right to speak. Seems y'all defend only your own. You want to say what you want, but shut down anyone that disagrees. Grow up and grow some nads.

darin
08-13-2015, 12:52 PM
Fuck off Gunny.

:)

:poke:

jimnyc
08-13-2015, 12:53 PM
hold the door im out to

Hmmmm, so what did I miss?

And if he doesn't answer, anyone else know?

gabosaurus
08-13-2015, 12:55 PM
I'm tired,
Tired of playing the game
Ain't it a crying shame
I'm so tired

Tired! tired of playing the game!
Ain't it a crying shame!
I'm so tired!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uai7M4RpoLU

Gunny
08-13-2015, 12:56 PM
Hmmmm, so what did I miss?

And if he doesn't answer, anyone else know?

Best guess? Someone fell off the wagon. That's more important to me than a message board. He sounds WAY too much like me with a half a tank of Wild Turkey going on.

jimnyc
08-13-2015, 01:03 PM
Best guess? Someone fell off the wagon. That's more important to me than a message board. He sounds WAY too much like me with a half a tank of Wild Turkey going on.

I hope I'm wrong, but perhaps he doesn't like someone else being allowed to post here? Dunno. We allow anyone, so long as they don't break the rules. Hell, even Max got a pass and is still welcome to post, but I'm sure he's gone. Aboutime bailed, I think, but is still welcome to post.

I agree with you, it's dumb to cut and run. If you hate it here altogether, then run like hell. But if you mostly enjoy it here, and someone makes you want to leave. Well, to me the answer is common sense. One can fight, take the upper road, ignore, use an ignore button.

If it's a bad day, I can relate. Imbibing too much, been there, and with more than drink :) None of us are perfect.

I think the 2 guys that posted about leaving in this thread should remain and post. My 2 cents anyway. :)

Gunny
08-13-2015, 01:12 PM
I hope I'm wrong, but perhaps he doesn't like someone else being allowed to post here? Dunno. We allow anyone, so long as they don't break the rules. Hell, even Max got a pass and is still welcome to post, but I'm sure he's gone. Aboutime bailed, I think, but is still welcome to post.

I agree with you, it's dumb to cut and run. If you hate it here altogether, then run like hell. But if you mostly enjoy it here, and someone makes you want to leave. Well, to me the answer is common sense. One can fight, take the upper road, ignore, use an ignore button.

If it's a bad day, I can relate. Imbibing too much, been there, and with more than drink :) None of us are perfect.

I think the 2 guys that posted about leaving in this thread should remain and post. My 2 cents anyway. :)

I do too. AT can't stand being disagreed with. NamVet is totally out of character for the last 2 days. Takes one to know one. There's no secret. I want him to be okay more than I give a crap about his posts.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-14-2015, 08:28 PM
I hope you reconsider, sir.
I damn sure hope he reconsiders. He usually has his head screwed on straight.
Maybe having a bad day/week. Lets hope he sees better in short time.
Always looked for his posts to read myself. --Tyr

gabosaurus
08-14-2015, 10:01 PM
namvet has bailed before and came back.

I agree with you, it's dumb to cut and run. If you hate it here altogether, then run like hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcahIWbKzhc

Gunny
08-14-2015, 10:55 PM
I damn sure hope he reconsiders. He usually has his head screwed on straight.
Maybe having a bad day/week. Lets hope he sees better in short time.
Always looked for his posts to read myself. --Tyr

This is how I look at it. I was born on an AFB and lived on a Navy base BEFORE we got sent to Karamursel, Turkey. I managed all that before I was 5. I didn't finish school in the one I started in until I was 15, and if I was lucky, I only went to 2 schools a year.

I don't have friends I've known all my life. I always knew the kid next door in base housing for a year or so. I listen to people who've lived in one place all their lives and you may as well be talking to a Martian.

I've known the people on this board, to include namvet, longer than I've known anyone besides my parents and daughters. Yeah, we argue fuss n fight. So what?

Some of y'all need to learn to appreciate who and what you have around you. I thought Merlin was the bomb. And don't think we were best friends. He'd square you ass away so fast you couldn't get your tidy whiteys on fast enough to prepare for that incoming. And I'm calm and patient and composed compared to him lighting your ass up.

We need to get him back.

tailfins
08-15-2015, 10:31 PM
I do too. AT can't stand being disagreed with. NamVet is totally out of character for the last 2 days. Takes one to know one. There's no secret. I want him to be okay more than I give a crap about his posts.

The thing to remember is that arguing with cranky people can be fun to a point. It's important close the browser and call it a day after a certain amount of negativity. Failure to do so can cause a drag on your frame of mind.

Gunny
08-16-2015, 05:10 PM
The thing to remember is that arguing with cranky people can be fun to a point. It's important close the browser and call it a day after a certain amount of negativity. Failure to do so can cause a drag on your frame of mind.

Perhaps. Think THIS over. I know EXACTLY when to stop pushing buttons on just about everyone on this board. Some people might want to borrow that page out of my "Get a Clue" book.

You need to learn to draw a line. There's a difference between freedom of speech and being a jackass. Saying crap just to hear your tongue flap against your gums is pointless and worthless. Expressing a belief is a completely different story and I WILL defend your right to do that. You however spend more time trying just offending people.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-16-2015, 07:53 PM
This is how I look at it. I was born on an AFB and lived on a Navy base BEFORE we got sent to Karamursel, Turkey. I managed all that before I was 5. I didn't finish school in the one I started in until I was 15, and if I was lucky, I only went to 2 schools a year.

I don't have friends I've known all my life. I always knew the kid next door in base housing for a year or so. I listen to people who've lived in one place all their lives and you may as well be talking to a Martian.

I've known the people on this board, to include namvet, longer than I've known anyone besides my parents and daughters. Yeah, we argue fuss n fight. So what?

Some of y'all need to learn to appreciate who and what you have around you. I thought Merlin was the bomb. And don't think we were best friends. He'd square you ass away so fast you couldn't get your tidy whiteys on fast enough to prepare for that incoming. And I'm calm and patient and composed compared to him lighting your ass up.

We need to get him back.

I thought Merlin was the bomb. And don't think we were best friends. He'd square you ass away so fast you couldn't get your tidy whiteys on fast enough to prepare for that incoming. And I'm calm and patient and composed compared to him lighting your ass up.

Who was Merlin?
If he was that great then perhaps you should pm him to reconsider.
If you are speaking about either MAX or Namvet, I myself think they should still be posting here but not my call. Tis an individual choice made.--Tyr

Mighty10th
08-16-2015, 07:58 PM
gotta love the drama queens..

Gunny
08-16-2015, 08:25 PM
Who was Merlin?
If you are speaking about either MAX or Namvet, I myself think they should still be posting here but not my call. Tis an individual choice made.--Tyr

You kind of misread what I posted and/or I wasn't clear. We need namvet back. Unless you got some miracles in your pocket, Merlin passed about 10 years ago or so. His name's on one of the black ribbons along with Gaffer's top right on the board.

tailfins
08-16-2015, 10:20 PM
Who was Merlin?

I presume that Merlin is a someone we remember on Memorial Day as opposed to Veteran's Day given the black stripe at the top of the page.

Gunny
08-16-2015, 10:28 PM
I presume that Merlin is a someone we remember on Memorial Day as opposed to Veteran's Day given the black stripe at the top of the page.

You presume wrong. That ribbon sat on USMB from the day he died until I talked Jim into transferring the colors because new ownership felt him unworthy of further mention. I sure as Hell didn't remove it and if you want a list of message board shit that's pissed Gunny off, you can add that one to the top of the list.

So I remember him every time I log on. He was a cool guy and I'd have served with him anywhere. Doesn't matter what color the ribbon is.

Gunny
08-17-2015, 12:27 AM

I'll put this to you this way. I don't get along with half the vets on this board. You pick on one of us that gave you the Right to run your mouth, I'll be on you like white on rice. You better be best buds with the entire admin staff here.